Against All Odds

By Dijah_Love

THE NEW GENERATION IS FINALLY HERE: Aliyah Alsina, daughter of the once infamous August Alsina. At eighteen y... More

FULL CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (PART 1)
Chapter 32 (PART 2)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73 (PART 1)
Chapter 74 (PART 2)
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Description
Against All Odds INTRO
Chapter 56

Chapter 69

56.5K 2.1K 3.8K
By Dijah_Love

Marcus P.O.V.

"You look like a broke down ass clown." I ignored Chris' comments, as I buttoned up one of my dress shirts.

"I hope you don't wear that tonight, cause if I was Aliyah I would straight clown yo ass." I buttoned the buttons on my sleeve, not responding to him still.

I looked myself up and down in my mirror, trying to decide if this was the shirt I wanted to wear on my date tonight.

I took a deep breath, decidng to try on my next one. "You got another one right? Cause if you don't, I got some church shirts at the crib that you can borrow, cause that shit right there ain't the move."

I undid the buttons on my shirt, turning to the doorway. "Do you ever shut the fuck up?"

He shook his head. "Nah, I don't think so." He leaned up agaisnt my doorframe, sopping up his biscuits mama had made him this morning, in his bowl of gravy.

"You know," He started, stuffing some more biscuits in his mouth. "I say we go down to the mall and get you whole new fit, cause Im tired of lookin at these same ugly ass shirts."

I sighed, wishing he would stop talking. "Why you even in here?"

"Cause, you told me and Will that you would give us a ride to the Boys and Girls club this morning, since you got football practice, so here I am."

"That still ain't no excuse for you to be up in my room."

He sighed. "You takin too long, so I just decided to annoy you so you can hurry up."

I shook my head, throwing on my white beater. "Just come on, so you can get out my face."

I grabbed my gym bag, throwing my cleets and helmet inside of it, before pulling it up on my shoulder.

I grabbed my keys and brushed past him, making my way downstairs. "Mama Im gone."

I walked over to the door, slipping my feet into my slides. "Okay, have a good practice baby." She wiped her hands on her dish towel, looking up at me.

"Thanks for the breakfast Ms.R, it was good as hell." Chris patted his stomach, handing his empty bowl over to her.

"Watch your mouth, and uh uh, come wash out this bowl before you go boy."

Will chuckled, standing up from his seat. "We gotta go mama, ion wanna be late for practice." She sighed, sitting his bowl in the sink.

"I'll wash it for you Chris." Bria popped up from the couch, running into the kitchen.

"Thanks lil mama." She smiled, causing mama to roll her eyes. "I'll wash it, go back and sit down Bri."

She pouted, making her way back to the living room.

"Y'all ready?" They both nodded, as I unlocked the door.

"Bye Chris." Bria waved, making sure he saw her before we all stepped out of the door. I shook my head, locking the door behind myself.

"Im ready to play some ball." Will said, rubbing his hands together.

Aliyah P.O.V.

"Are you excitied?" I leaned back into mama's couch, noddding my head. "Kind of, Im trying not to be to excitied about it, I don't wanna seem thirsty."

Marissa chuckled. "Right, but Im glad you took my advice, it's about time you got your man back."

"We're not back together." I said, folding my arms across my chest.

"Not yet. This date is just the beginning, mark my words." I smiled. "Yeah well, we'll see.....but anyways, what are you doing here? You never really come to my mama's shop."

She nodded. "I know, but AJ told me to meet him here, so Im waiting on him."

"Where y'all going?"

She shrugged. "Since their was no school today, we just decided to just hang out and do stuff together, Im not sure what were doing, but I know Im hungry as fuck."

I laughed. "Me too, Im tryna hold out until tonight, Im not tryna look fat in my outfit."

"True true, but speaking of your outfit....what are you wearing? You got your stuff back yet?"

I shook my head. "No.....so I don't really know."

"Damn." She mumbled. "You wanna go out and try to buy something later?"

"Yeah I guess we could, what time are you gunna be finished with my big head ass brother?" "I don't know, what time is your date? And how long are you gunna take?"

"Eight, and I don't know."

She laughed. "Okay, well I'll come by around 6 and we can go to the mall really quick."

"Alright, fine."

***

Amara P.O.V.

"Do you ladies want something while I'm inside?" I shook my head, leaning back into my seat, watching daddy step out of his car.

"No, Im good." He nodded, turning his attention to the back seat. "What about you Olivia?"

She paused for a second, before shaking her head. "..No...Im okay."

"Alright." He started. "Let me get this gas real quick, and then we can be on our way." He smiled at me, shutting his door.

I watched him walk inside of the gas station, before turning my attention back to my phone.

For some reason, daddy wanted to take me and Olivia out tonight to spend some time with the both of us.

Since we've been going to therapy, and spending more time together, he hasn't been home much, especially since Olivia and Miranda are still on bad terms.

I guess things weren't getting any better between the two of them, since Miranda didn't come out with us tonight, and she usually would want too.

I sat back in my seat, scrolling through twitter, when I heard Olivia speak to me.

"...Where are we going?" I slightly scrunched up my nose, wondering why she was speaking to me. She had been silent this whole ride, and she made it pretty clear in the past that she didn't wanna speak to me, so I wonder why she was speaking now.

"I don't know." I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Do you know what time we'll be back?"

I sighed. "Like I said before, I don't know." I slightly rolled my eyes, looking back down at my phone.

"That's all you had to say, you didn't have to be rude about it, I was just asking you a question, damn." She said, mumbiling the last part.

I turned my screen off, placing my phone in my lap, as I turned around in my seat. "I didn't as you to ask me anything, an quite frankly, I don't even know why you're talking to me, weren't you the one that didn't wanna talk? Oh okay."

I shook my head, turning back in my seat.

"Well Im talking to you know, so I expected you to aswer."

"Well you had some fucked up expectations," I started. "What I expect for tonight, is for me and my daddy to have a good time, and I also expect for you not to fuck it up with your sex tape drama, can you do that?"

She was silent. "You can't speak now? You had so much to say a minute ago."

She clenched her jaw together, glaring at me. "You really have one more time to talk shit to me or Im-"

"Your gunna what?" I asked, cutting her off. "Snitch on my to my daddy, like you did with Tyson and the principal??"

She was silent.

"I didn't snitch."

"Yes you did, but whatever, your a snitchin hoe, it's okay though." I turned back around again, getting comfortable in my seat.

"And what are you?" She started.

"You must've forgot that your the same bitch who didn't know who her baby daddy was, because she was sleeping with her cousin's man, oh and on top of all that, you're a baby killer at the end of the day, baby killin ass hoe."

I quickly turned around, about to go off and her, but I remembered what Dr.Lori told me to do when people tried to provoke me.

I took a really deep breath, forcing a smile on my face, once I seen daddy coming back over to the car to pump the gas. "I think it's cute how you're always trying to turn something back on me, because you can't accept the fact you're just as much or maybe even more of a "hoe" than I am."

She folded her arms across her chest. "If you want me to be a hoe, then Im a hoe." I started. "But Im a hoe that's getting her shit together, meanwhile, you're still sitting here pointing the finger and making fun of my flaws when your hands are dirty as well,"

"How about, you worry about your vagina that's filled up with five different nigga's cum shots and get that cleared up, then move on to fix your relationship with your mother, and maybe, just maybe, you can get on this baby killin ass hoes'  level."

She was completely silent, but I could tell by the look on her face that she wanted to say something, but Im pretty sure she couldn't think of anything.

"Wow, why you so quiet? Dick got your tongue?"

I smiled at her one more time before turning around in my seat, just for daddy to be getting in the car again.

"Alright." He started, slidding into his seat. "My tank is full, you guys ready?"

"Born ready." We smiled at each other, as he started up the car.

Aliyah P.O.V.

"What time will Marcus be here for you?" I looked over at my phone, checking the time. "Eight, so in three hours."

Mama smiled. "Ooooh, do you know what your wearing?" I sighed, shaking my head.

"No, he told me to wear something nice, but I haven't looked for anything....I don't have that many options...so me and Marissa are gunna go out in a few to look for something."

Mama smirked. "You sure wanna do that?"

"...Yeah....you threw all my things out, remember?" She nodded.

"Mhm, but since you've been doing better lately, and your father and I both have seen a huge change in you.....I went out yesterday and got something I thought you might like to wear tonight."

Both of my brows shot up. "Really?"

"Mhm, go upstairs and take a look, I put it on your bed." I quickly stood up from my seat, trying to make it over to the staircase.

"Oh, and take a peek in your closet too." Mama winked at me, making me more anxious to get upstairs.

I climbed up the stairs, trying to get to my room as quick as possible. I pushed open my door and smiled once I seen something neon green folded up on the side of my bed.I quickly grabbed it and unfolded it, smiling once I realized it was a dress.

I ran over to my mirror, holding it up agaisnt my body, so I could get a better look at it.

"You like it?" I was so into the dress, I didn't even see mama standing in my doorway. I turned around and faced her, smiling.

"Yeah, thank you mama." I walked over to her giving her quick hug.

"Your welcome...did you look inside your closet yet?" I shook my head, tossing the dress on my bed.

"Well go look." She said, pushing me.

I walked over to my closet, pulling it open. My jaw dropped once I seen all my things put back, like they never were gone in the first place.

I turned back around, in shock. "Wait, I thought you threw everything away?" She shook her head.

"No, I wouldn't throw away all your things, I took them and locked them up, hoping you would get your act together, now that you have, and you're making your own money,you can your nice things back."

"Thank you." I said again.

"Your welcome baby." I closed my closet, and picked up the dress she bought me. "Can you help me get ready for tonight? I need to look really good."

She chuckled. "You look amazing all the time, but sure , I can help you."

I smiled. "Can you do my makeup?" She nodded. "Sure."

******

"Be still so your cat eye can be even." I tried holding my head up as still as possible, as mama finished up my makeup.

"Alright, there, you go, take a look." I opened my eyes and leaned into her vanity mirror, so I could see myself.

"Oh wow, you did it better than me." Mama chuckled, placing her hand on her hip. "I've had more practice than you.

I smiled. "Aye mama." I looked up at the mirror, to see AJ standing in the bathroom doorway.

"Yes baby?" She gathered up all the makeup she was using on me, and started to put it away.

"What's for dinner?" He folded his arms across his chest, waiting for her to answer. "I don't know, there's food in the fridge, go make something yourself."

He sucked his teeth. "You know I can't cook mama, I burnt noodles last time I had made some." We both chuckled. "Alright, just give me a minute, I'll come down and make you something real quick."

He smiled widely. "Ight.....where you goin?" He asked, turning his attention to me.

"Out."

"Out where?" He asked, standing up straight. I smacked my lips together, turning to mama. "Can you please tell him to get out of my business? Better yet, can you tell him that he's not my daddy."

Mama laughed, holding both of her hands up. "Im not in this."

"Yeah she ain't, so where you goin? And who you goin with?" I rolled my eyes a little, not wanting to answer him.

"Do I ever question you when you go out?" He shook his head. "Nah, cause Im grown."

Mama busted out laughing, holding onto her chest. "Both of y'all are funny, especially you." She said, pointing to AJ.

"Ion know what's funny, I am grown." He re-stated.

"Uh-huh okay." She shook her head again, putting her makeup case away. "Come on downstairs so I can make your greedy ass something."

She walked past him, out the door, leaving the two of us alone. I turned back to the mirror, looking at myself one last time.

"Ight, so?" He started. "I still ain't get a answer."

"And you're not getting one, simple." He smirked. "You goin on a date?" I shrugged. "Maybe."

"With who? I know you ain't messin with that lightskin wanna be thug boy again." I sighed, knowing he was referring to Cordarius.

"No, never again."

He nodded slowly. "Okay, so who you goin out with."

"Im not telling you."

"Ight, I'll just wait until they get here and harrass them then." He turned around to walk away, but I called him back.

"Okay, fine, your so annoying." He smiled. "Whatever, who you goin out with?"

I took a deep breath before speaking. "Marcus."

Both of his brows shot up. "Forreal?" "Yeah."

"Does pops know?"

"Does pops know what?" I froze a little once I heard daddy's voice approaching us. Once he appeared in the doorway, I put a smile on my face.

"Hey daddy."

He smirked. "Hey babygirl....you look nice."

"Thank you."

"You going somewhere?" I opened my mouth to speak, but the sound of AJ's voice stopped me.

"Actually, she is." He smiled, leaning up agaisnt the doorframe.

"Where you goin? I know your off punishment now, but I didn't think you would be going out this soon."

I nodded slowly. ".....I'm just going to dinner.....with a friend."

"A friend?" AJ asked, speaking up. "That's what he is now?" Daddy looked in between the both of us, trying to figure out what was going on.

"So your going out with a boy?" I sighed, nodding my head. "Yeah.."

"Mmm, what's his name?" He folded his arms across his chest, waiting for me to speak.

"....Marcus?"

"Who's that?" He asked, scrunching his face up. "....You've met him like three times before."

"I have?" He asked again.

"Yeah....he came to pick me up for a date twice before...and you saw him at that party I was at."

He was silent, still trying to figure out who Marcus was.

"Nah, Ion know him, I know that other lil nigga Marlon though." I sighed.

"His name is Marcus daddy, not Marlon."

"Oh." He mumbled. "You sure? Cause I coulda sworn he introduced himself as Marlon."

I sighed, while AJ was dying laughing. "Im sure daddy,"

"Well anyway." He started. "What time is he comin?" I looked over at my phone to check the time.

"It's 7:50, so he should be here in ten minutes."

He nodded. "Ight, well when he gets here, I needa explain the rules to him." "Me too." AJ said, adding his uneeded commentary.

I sighed. "We've been through the rules already daddy."

"And I need to tell him again, just in case he forgot." I shook my head. "You're the one with the memory problems."

AJ busted out laughing. "Damn, good one Li."

I rolled my eyes, ignoring his comment. "Oh, so you got jokes?" I shook my head. "No, Im just saying, he hasn't forgotten anything you said to him."

"He better not have, or it's his ass, and you can pass that message along."

I stood up from mama's seat, flatening out my dress. "I will daddy."

"Ight.....be safe baby girl."

Both of my brows shot up. "You're not gunna stay until he comes?" He shook his head no. "No, cause I know you don't want me too, so I'll chill this one time."

I smiled. "Thank you."

He opened his mouth to speak, but the sound of the doorbell going off stopped him. "Your lil friend is here."

I took a deep breath, feeling the butterflies forming once again, like before. I looked at myself one more time in the mirror, smoothing my hair down, before turning back around.

"Bye daddy." I hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. "Bye, curfew is 11:30, I'll be outside with my s-"

"Stopwatch, yeah I know." I said, cutting him off.

I made my way downstairs, to see mama holding open the front door for Marcus. Once I seen him step inside, the butterflies in my stomach increased by ten.

"Hey Mr.sAlsina, how you doin?" Mama smiled, closing the door behind her. "I'm good, I like your shirt."

He chuckled, running a hand down it. "Thank you."

I stepped down the last step, causing him to turn around to me. I put a small smile on my face, as I stepped towards him.

"Hey."

He looked me up and down before nodding. "Wassup."

"....You look nice." I said motioning to his dress shirt and pants.

"You do too." I could see mama smiling in my peripheral vision, but I didn't say anything.

"Y'all have a good night okay? I'll see you later Li."

"Okay, bye mama." She walked away, leaving the two of us alone. "You ready to go?" I pulled my purse up on my shouler, nodding. "Yeah, Im ready."'

He held open the door for me, as we both stepped outside.

"Where's your dad?" He asked, as I unlocked the door.

"Upstairs, why?"

"I wanted to see him." I turned back around and frowned. "You do?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I wanted to talk to him." I loked back at the door, before turning back around to him.

"About what?"

"You."

"Me?" He nodded. "Yeah, I wanted to let him know you're in good hands." I smiled a little.

"Let's just go." He shrugged. "Ight, if you say so." I walked over to his truck, letting him open the door for me.

I slid into the passenger seat, sitting my purse in my lap.

I watched him as he climbed into he driver seat, shutting his door.

"You ready Marlon?" He looked over at me, as he started up his truck. "Ight, keep playin." I chuckled to myself, turning my head so I could look out the window.

*******

"So this is the place you wanted to take me too." I held onto my purse, as I watched Marcus pull my chair out for me.

"Yeah, you been here before?" I shook my head. "Actually I haven't....how'd you find this place." I sat down, scooting my chair into the table.

"Oh um, my pops took me and my family here years ago when I was six, I remembered the food being really good, so I thought it was a good spot to take you." He scooted his chair in, resting his hands on the table.

I slightly smiled. "So does that mean, you know what to order?" I picked up my menu, opening it.

"Nah, I was six, remember?"

I chuckled. "Oh right."

My eyes skimmed through each page of the menu, looking through each page of the menu, but I could still see his eyes on me.

"Welcome to Carvaggio's, my name is Isabella, Can I get you two something to drink?" I looked up from my menu to see the waitress standing at the side of our table.

"Um yeah, can I get a Sprite?" She nodded her head, looking over at Marcus. "And for you sir?"

"Same."

"Okay, I'll be back with your two Sprite's, do you need more time to look over the menu?"

I nodded. "Yes, thank you."

She smiled at the both of us, before walking away. I took a deep breath and looked back down in my menu, trying to decide on something to order.

Simone P.O.V.

"Why you ain't tell me Li was goin out with that Marlon nigga tonight." I sighed, sitting up from the couch.

"I was gunna tell you.....after she left." He sat beside me, shaking his head. "It ain't the time for jokes Simone."

I chuckled a little, laying up agaisnt him. "I didn't tell you because we all know how you are when it comes to Aliyah and dating." He frowned.

"And what's that suppose to mean."

"You know." I started. "You get crazy and petty, and you start making up all these unrealisitic rules for whoever is taking her out, you need to fall back some."

He looked down at me, frowning. "Fall back? You need to stop hangin around me, but Im not gunna fall back, that's my daughter."

"She's my daughter too." I started.

"I made her." I shrugged.

"I pushed her out of my vagina, so all that's irrelevant." He sucked his teeth. "Whatever, ion like her going out with this little ass boys....ion wanna see her get hurt."

I sighed, nodding my head. "I don't either, but it's a part of life that she has to go through eventually, whether we like it or not, but Marcus is a good kid, I actually really like him, he's better than the other two boys she was dealing with."

"Nah, ion like him."

"You don't like anybody." I corrected him. "Keep it up, and shes gunna be 80 years old and alone."

He shrugged. "What's wrong with that?" I sat up straight, shaking my head. "You need to stop holding on so tight, all you'll do is push her away from you, she's growing up and she's gunna date, it's just something you have to get used too."

"Ion gotta get use to anything."

I lifted a brow. "Don't play with me August." He chuckled. "I'm playin....Im not makin no guarantees, but I'll try."

I smiled. "That's all I ask."

**

Aliyah P.O.V.

"Here you guys go." I sat up in my seat, as I watched the waitress sit down our plates infront of us.

"Enjoy."

"Thank you." I gave her a slight head nod, letting her walk away.

"Damn, this looks good." Marcus said, rubbing his hands together. "Hungry?" I asked with a smirk.

"Hell yeah, I ain't eat all day, I was tryna save room for this." I chuckled. "Me too."

I picked up my fork, about to start eating, when I heard him speak again. "Now that the food is here, I wanna talk to you."

I paused for a second, nodding my head. "Okay, talk."

I twirled some pasta around my fork, sticking it in my mouth, waiting for him to speak again.

"I know your probably wondering why I asked you out tonight, but I wanted us to talk on some real shit, with no school shit involved."

I nodded. "Okay....so what did you wanna talk about?"

He paused for a second, before scooting his chair in closer to the table. "Us."

I lifted a brow. "And what happend between us." I was silent.

"..Im not sure where we should start, so I was hopin you could tell me." I cleared my throat a little, taking everything in.

"From the beginning, would make sense...I'm just not sure which part." He slightly chuckled, nodding his head, agreeing with me.

"Me either."

"....If you wanna talk about what happened between us, then we have to talk about what happened the day you broke up with me."

He sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "....You kinda flipped out on me after you found that transfer slip in my bag."

He nodded. "I know."

"...I was trying to explain why I had it, but you didn't give me a real chance to explain, you just jumped to conclusions and broke up with me, right then and there."

He sighed. "I know, and I shouldn't have did that." He started. "....I told you before, that there was a time in my life when everybody started to give up on me, including my mama."

I was silent.

"I was hangin with the wrong people, Like Cordarius, and I was always in some kind of bullshit, and my mama, and the rest of my family was gettin fed up with my shit."

He took a deep breath, continuing. "So, after you started tutorin me, and bein there for me, I was startin to think you would be there for me, and when I saw that shit fall out your bag, I blew up."

I nodded. "I understand, but it you would have gave me a chance to explain, I could've told you that that slip you found was really old, I just had forgot to throw it away. You weren't the very friendly when we first started the tutoring, so I just got a vibe form you that you didn't want me helping you, so I was guuna switch."

"But you didn't." He said, folding his arms across his chest.

"No...I didn't..."

"Was there a reason?"

"Yeah...you stopped being a asshole." He chuckled. "And....I started liking you."

"As a friend?" I sighed.

"As a friend, and then more, but you know that already."

He smirked. "I know, I just wanted to hear you say it." I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, you're so annoying."

He chuckled again.

"But on a serious note, Im sorry for how I snapped on you, I didn't mean to take it that far, you know I care about you Li."

I lifted a brow. "You do?"

"Of course I do."

"And how would I know that??"

"Because Im tellin you." He started.

"You want me to be honest?" I nodded, sitting up in my seat. "Of course, you might as well be, go ahead."

He took a deep breath before speaking again.

"....Truth is, I never stopped caring about you. After I saw you with Cordarius, it had fucked my head up a little bit, and pissed me off, so I kinda shut off my feelings and started to say I didn't give a fuck, but I really did."

I was silent.

"....Ima be one hunnid right now, I still got feelings for you Li, and they're stronger than ever right now."

I smiled a little. "Really?"

"Yeah, really." He started. "I know we been broken up for a minute, so all of this may come as a surprise, but ima just lay it all out on the table, and get it off my chest."

My small smile turned into a full one. "..Well that was sweet." He smirked.

"Are you gunna say something back?"

"Something like what?" He chuckled. "Anything, I'd prefer if you told me how you felt, so it won't seem like you just leavin my ass hangin."

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Well........I still have feelings for you too." He smirked. "You do?"

"Yeah...I don't think they ever went away actually....and I think that's why I felt a type of way when I heard you were friends with Meeka....it was never about the job....I was just jealous."

I looked down, not wanting to make eye contact with him after saying that.

"I can understand that." He started. "That's how I felt when I heard about you and Cordarius."

I looked back up at him and lifted a brow. "You were jealous?"

"Hell yeah, I broke up with you out of anger, not because I wanted our relationship to be over, and when I saw you fuckin with him, I felt a type of way about it."

I nodded my head slowly. "....Im sorry about that, that was huge mistake, I don't know what I was thinking when I started messing with him, that was a complete mistake and a huge waste of my time."

He cleared his throat. "Nah..it's cool, I understand."

"Good."

"..And Im sorry about the whole job thing with Meeka, and for those things I said to you that day in the cafeteria, I ain't mean none of that shit that came out of my mouth, I just be talking shit."

I chuckled. "Thank you."

I looked down in my plate, picking around my food with my fork. ".....How's your mom doing?" I asked, changing the subject.

"She's good, She was surprised when I told her I was going out with you." I smiled.

"Aw, tell her I said hi." He nodded. "Ight."

I could feel his eyes on me, as I continued to eat, but I just ignored it, since I didn't wanna make things awkward between us.

"You look good tonight." I was trying to fight the smile that was forming, but it was no use.

"..Thanks."

"Green looks good on you." He said, licking his lips, looking me up and down.

I re-adjusted my self in my seat and nodded. "Thanks."

He kept his eyes on me, staring at me as if he wanted to take me down right here in this restaurant.

"So keep it real with me Li," He started, leaning closer into the table. I looked up from my plate, waiting for him to speak again.

"You missed me?" I paused for a second, caught off guard by how forward he was being tonight.

"Yeah....I mean, I have missed you kinda."

"Kinda? I can't get a straight yes or no?" He smirked, causing me to laugh. "Yes Marcus, I've missed you."

He nodded his head slowly, probably feeling accomplished since he got me to admit that. "Good, cause I've missed you."

"Have you?" He nodded his head yes. "Yeah I have, why you think I been flirtin with you and I wanted you to come out with me tonight? I thought that this would be the perfect oppurtunity to let you know how I was feelin."

"Mmm, well you did a good job." He smiled, running a hand down his dress shirt. "I try, I try."

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Okay, so you got me to admit that I missed you, now what?"

"You tell me." He started. "I've missed you, and you've missed me, what should we do about it? What's the next step?"

I bit down on my bottom lip, not sure how to answer him. "..How about we start over? Put everything behind us, and...just start from the beginning again."

"I'd like that." He said, resting his arms on the table.

"..I don't wanna hop back into a relationship in this very moment, but how about we just go slow and do what we were doing in the past, before we started dating."

He chuckled. "You mean the "talking" stage?"

I smirked, rolling my eyes. "You didn't have to say it like that, but yeah, why not?"

He rubbed his chin, looking up, as if he was contemplating what I had just said. "...That's cool with me."

"Im glad it is."

"So that means I get to take you out again, right?"

"I guess it does."

He rubbed his hands together, smiling. "Ight, cool."

I smiled.

"Okay, so question number 19," I laughed.

"You're still on this?"

"Hell yeah, I need my answers." I sighed, sitting back into my seat. "And what about my questions?"

"Ight, fair enough, go ahead." He motioned for me to speak, sitting back.

"We're you suprised when I got switched into your class?" He smiled, nodding his head yes.

"Suprised? Kinda, Happy? Yes."

I lifted a brow. "Happy?"

"Yeah, I knew I had a chance to make shit right."

I tried to fight the smile that wanted to form, but it was no use. "Okay, okay....when did you realize you wanted to make things right?"

He scratched his chin, thinking. "I always knew....I was just in denial....but, one incident for sure made me want too."

"What incident?"

He chuckled. "That's three questions, ain't it my turn?"

"Just answer the question." He sighed. "Alright.....I had a dream about you, that's when I realized."

"A dream? What kind of dream?"

"You know, just a dream."

"Riiight." I said sarcastically. "I thought the rules of this game was to be honest, and I don't believe you."

He chuckled. "Alright damn....I had a wet dream about you." Both of my brows shot up. "Really?"

He looked me up and down, licking his lips. "Yeah."

"....Was it a good dream?"

He laughed. "Nah, it was hella wack."

I smacked my lips together, throwing my napkin at him. "You're so full of shit."

He laughed again, causing me to laugh.

**********

I held onto my purse, as Marcus turned into my gates. After putting everything out on the table and deciding to move forward, we ended up having such a good time tonight, it sucked that our date had to be over so soon.

"You had fun tonight?" He asked, pulling into my driveway. "Yeah I did, thanks for taking me out."

He chuckled, parking right behind my car. "No problem, can I call you tommorow?"

I nodded. "Yeah, of course." He smiled, looking me up and down for the hundreth time tonight.

"Can you stop that?" I asked in a chuckle. "Stop what?"

"That." I said, motioning to his eyes. "You've been staring at me all night."

"I know." He started. "Your just so damn beautiful, that's all." I rolled my eyes, looking out the window.

"Right, typical line."

"But I mean it." He started. "I don't know what shit Cordarius was puttin in yo head, but you didn't need all that shit to look good, I mean, your fine as hell, naturally."

I looked over at him and lifted a brow. "Is that right?"

He licked his lips, nodding his head. "Yeah."

"Thank you." I looked down at his lips, that was just sitting there infront of me, but I wasn't sure if I should kiss him right now since we were just getting back on good terms.

"Go ahead and do it, I see you lookin at em."

"Huh?" I asked, trying to play it off as if I didn't know what he was talking about.

He sucked his teeth. "Stop playin girl." He leaned over, placing one hand on my thigh, and kissed me, making sure he rubbed my leg softly.

I closed my eyes, kissing him back. It had been so long since we had kissed that I had almost forgot how good his lips felt on mine.

Once I felt his tongue push it's way inside my mouth, I kissed him back even harder. Our tongue's swirled around each other's mouth, and just when I started to really enjoy it, he pulled back from me, wiping the corner's of his mouth.

"Ight, get inside before yo daddy come out here and shoot me." I chuckled, pushing open the door to his truck.

"Night."

"Night ma."

I closed his door, looking back at him before walking away towards the front door.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aliyah and her dress in the Multimedia.

Vote/Comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4M 766K 76
"You are mine!" He roars. "I will do whatever it takes to make you know that. Whether it means I lock you up in a prison and throw away the key." Foo...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
4M 196K 101
โœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." ๐๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ โ†ฏ โš”๏ธŽ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›แดกแด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดแด‡แด… โš”๏ธŽ ...