Love is a Fight

By lovely_minds

Ryder Russo. But most people call her 'Temper'. Tough. Rebellious. Much more of a fighter than a lover. Liter... More

cast list
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 (Part 1)
Chapter 2 (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 3

3K 92 20
By lovely_minds

^Veronica^

~ Grayson's P.O.V. ~

I woke up this morning with the thought of what happened with Ryder instantly flooding to my head. I can't believe she has the damn fucking nerve to curse off her dad. That shit pisses me the fuck off. Shaking my head I got out of bed, and instantly made my way to the room across from mine. I opened the door and let out a cheerful smile.

"Hey mama, you're up early" I said as I sat down next to her. Her blue eyes looked into mine.

"Yeah, I fell asleep early last night" she said in a weak voice. I looked her over. Her skin was getting paler by the day, and her voice was getting weaker. All her hair was gone leaving her with a bald head. She put on weight since she's been diagnosed considering she can't get out of bed. The only thing she truly has left is her piercing blue eyes. Damn fucking cancer. It's practically ripping my mom away from me.

"What do you want for breakfast ma?" I asked in a sweet tone. What can I say? I have a soft spot for my mama.

"Potatoes" she smiled brightly at me as I sighed. The cancer is basically taking over her brain, so she doesn't always makes sense when she talks or will lose her train of thought very easily.

"How about some waffles?" I suggested.

"Potato waffles?" She giggled.

"Just regular waffles mom, I'll go make them" I said getting up and making my way downstairs. It looks like today is gonna be one of her bad days where she isn't completely with it. Some days I will be able to have full conversations with her and the next she'll just act like a whole different person.

After making my mom waffles and turning on some cartoons for her, I waited for the nurse to arrive. I had to hire a nurse to take care of my mom when I'm at school, cause my dad is never home. He spends most of his time out of the house. I don't blame him cause I know it's hard for him to see his wife in the condition she's in. But I just wish he would help me out with her a little bit.

When the nurse arrived I greeted her then headed off to school. I turned off my car and took a deep breath preparing for the drama and attention. As soon as I stepped out of the car, Kylie Grant, the schools biggest slut came up to me. (Sorry if your name is Kylie).

She instantly clung onto me pressing her mouth to mine. I closed my eyes and let it happen. I need a good distraction. She pulled away about a minute later and smirked at me.

"I'll see you later Grayson" she winked before heading into school making sure to sway her hips as she walked away.

I saw a car pull up next to me. Looking over, I recognized that long blondish brown hair that I hate oh so much. I sent her a glare but she kept her sunglasses on and her head down like she was trying to avoid contact with everyone. Ha, not so fast sweetheart.

I quickly walked in front of her and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Move" Ryder ordered still not picking her head up.

"No" I smirked. She tried to move around me but I quickly caught her wrist turning her back around. Then I noticed she had a busted lip.

"What the fuck happened to your lip?" I asked then noticed a slight discolor behind her sunglasses. Before she could react, I ripped her sunglasses off her face, revealing a swollen left eye, "What the fuck happened to your eye? What the fuck happened to you? Did I do this to you?" My voice instantly softened as I cupped her face worried I was the cause of this damage. She pushed my hands away and rolled her eyes.

"I have anger issues, you asshole. After our little fight last night I was still angry when I got in home, so I threw my lamp against the wall. The light bulb shattered, cutting my lip in the process. Then I picked up an old baseball I had and threw it but it bounced back and hit me in the eye" Ryder finished trying to get her sunglasses from me. I looked at her skeptically. I know when people are lying to me so I'm 90% sure that she's not telling the truth.

"Why are you lying to me?" I growled. I hate when people lie to me. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

"I'm not dickwad, now move" she said crossing her arms along with an eye roll, after I didn't move. She stepped around me but not before I have her one last look.

~ Ryder's P.O.V. ~

Why the hell does Grayson fucking Jones care if I'm hurt? It's probably another one of his stupid games where he pretends to care about a girl then throws them away like a piece of trash.

Grayson can never ever find out that I got these bruises from my dad. But that's one of the best things about fighting. Originally I did it as an anger reliever, which is still partially the reason but fighting also helps cover up the fact that my dad abuses me. People think I got black eyes and hurt ribs from fights. So all in all, everything works out.

I grabbed my books from my locker and turned to go to class. As I was walking down the hallway, a certain sight made me stop dead in my tracks.
Grayson was making out against the lockers with Kylie Grant. I rolled my eyes and made a gagging noise as I passed them. They pulled away and Grayson shot me a glare which I returned with a smirk.

"Fuck you Russo" Grayson snapped causing most people to gasp considering not a lot of people curse me off, knowing I'll snap their neck if they do. But to Grayson I smirked.

"It seems like Kylie already took care of that" I smiled causing a gasp to come from Kylie.

"Excuse me? What did you just say?" She said trying to be bitchy but I just rolled my eyes.

"I said you could take care of all the fucking, considering you have a lot of experience with it" I said causing Grayson to now step in.

"Could you stop being a bitch for one minute?" He said crossing his arms trying to put on an intimidating look but I could see right through him.

"Could you stop swapping saliva with that blonde, Barbie, bitch for one minute?" I countered. He narrowed his eyes at me to which I stuck my head up considering I have to look up to look into his eyes. We were in an intense staring contest until some of his friends stepped in and pulled us away from each other.

We both walked out separate ways but not before muttering profanities to each other. And yet again, I rolled my eyes.

It was finally lunch, which meant peace and quiet.

I took a seat in my normal spot and began to eat. As my eyes scanned around the cafeteria until they landed on a certain scene. A shy brown haired girl, with black rimmed glasses held her lunch tray tight in her hands as Kylie's and her bimbos mock her.

They all laugh at her, play with her hair, and just fucking make fun of her. The brown haired girl literally had fear radiating off of her. I clenched my jaw as I watched the group continue to taunt and harass the poor girl.

"Hey!" I shouted standing up from my seat and making my way over to them, "Why don't you just walk away and leave this poor girl alone?"

"Stay the fuck out of this Russo. This bitch deserves what we're giving her. I mean her clothes literally scream 'I'm a loser, I have no friends!" Kylie smiled causing her bimbos to laugh at her. I clenched my jaw and tried to keep myself from ripping off her head.

"Listen. We don't need to have a problem here. This girl did nothing to you and the way she dress does not affect you in any way. So I'm warning you now, leave her the fuck alone, before I make you" I said keeping my voice calm yet demanding.

"Fuck you. You're a just a weird, angry, short, lonely, no life fucking bitch and honestly the only reason you butt into everyone's business is because you're an attention whore" Kylie snapped, causing me to instantly taking a step forward so that our faces were just inches away.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" I growled using every once of self restraint to not beat her ass.

'You have a fight tomorrow. Tony will kill you if you get into some stupid school fight' I thought.

"You heard me. You are a pathetic loser. I wonder if your mommy and daddy know how much of a bitch you-" Kylie was cut short when I tackled her to the ground. I threw a punch at her face causing blood to instantly pour out of her nose. Right when I was about to throw another punch I was pulled off of her. I looked up to see Grayson throwing daggers down at me.

I shook Grayson off and flipped the middle finger before grabbing the girl with brown hair by the wrist and pulling her with me out of the cafeteria.

"W-what are you doing?" She asked, "I'm so sorry I'm the reason you got into that fight. I-I just can't stand up for myself. K-k-Kylie scares me and I don't want her to claw my face off-" the girl ranted before I cut her off.

"Dude it's fine" I laughed, calming down from my anger outburst, "I just hate when she walks all over people. From now on your sticking with me. I'm not gonna let her bother you anymore and if she does, well, then she'll get her ass kicked"

The girl let out a small smile before sticking out her hand, "I'm Veronica, and thank you"

"I'm Ryder, and you're welcome" I sent her a smile back and shook her hand.

So we both sat on a bench outside of school and talked until lunch was over.

As we walked down the hallway, we stopped at Veronica's locker. Then I heard someone clear their throat. I closed my locker to find Nick, one of Grayson's friends leaning against a locker near mine.

"Hey Ryder, hey beautiful" he winked at Veronica who turned a dark shade of red and put her head down. Nick put two fingers under her chin and lifted it up to meet his eyes.

"How come I haven't seen you around before? I surely couldn't miss someone as stunning as you" Nick flirted, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I-I, Um-" Veronica stuttered, to which I cut her off.

"She's been going to this school since freshman year. Maybe if you didn't have your head stuck up your egotistical ass, then you would hear noticed" I snapped. Both Nick and Veronica held their mouths wide open.

"Um, well damn, sorry sweetheart" Nick said directing his attention back at Veronica.

"Oh it's fine. D-don't worry about it. N-No one ever really notices me" she said tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.
Nick's expression softened but he quickly caught himself and put on his famous flirtatious smile.

"Well I certainly notice you now babe. I'll definitely see you around" he smirked before walking off. Veronica watched him with big eyes and a beat red face. Before I knew it, a big smile spread across her face and she looked at me.

"Did you here what he said!! He said he said he notices me! And he he called me babe!!" Veronica said jumping up and down. Although Nick was a total flirt and player and would do that to anyone, I couldn't help but smile at Veronica's reaction.

"Listen, if you really want to impress him, you have to build up some confidence. And that shy stutter you do isn't going to help" I told her. She shook her head vigorously.

"Okay, okay! I'll do whatever I have to, to make him like me! Thank you so much for helping me" Veronica said while tackling me with a hug.

"No problem" I laughed then moved my eyes across the hall to see Grayson staring at me. I flipped him off then pulled a very excited Veronica down the hallway.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
I know no ones reading this but oh well 😂
This might get better or it might not but it would be cool if you read it,
K thanks ❤️
Anyway Happy Valentines Day even though I hate Valentine's Day ❤️🎉
- Fighting Turtle 🐢

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2M 206K 44
~~~ Ryder's face turned angry as he pushed me back up against a wall. His face hovered inches from mine. I could feel his hot breath on my lips that...
760K 17.3K 48
MATURE CONTENT: some may say a smut overload EDITING/REWRITING One night. A night filled with passion and longing. The annual ball has finally come...
152K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...
16.5M 463K 64
[Completed] [EDITED] *REALLY MATURE THEME* *MIGHT TRIGGER SOME* Jaxon Hunt. Gangster. Fighter. Player. Drug dealer. Jordan Johnson. Starting colleg...