Runaway ϟ The Flash [1]

By sheismental

❝God this is so cliché, Barry I'm not a damsel in distress.❞ [the flash: season one] copyright 2016 |bloodthr... More

CHARACTERS.
The Start & The Dead.
Hungry.
Taking Care.
Late For Work.
Not Fast Enough.
I Can't Do This.
Forgivness.
Sweetheart.
The Man In The Yellow Suit.
New Boy.
The Burning Man.
Merry Little Christmas.
First World Problems.
Jealousy?
Revenge Of The Rogues I
Snart Is Smart.
I Got My Girl Back.
Future People.
Morning Love.
Time.
Figure It Out.
Cannot Outrun.
PROLOGUE.
NEW BOOK

Fights.

7.7K 168 134
By sheismental

HAILEY ANDERSON.

Even though Hailey was really stressed out about everything she still has to get up in the mornings to go work, a couple of unholy words and groans come out of her mouth before she leaves her apartment, taking a cab to CCPD. Barry's words kept repeating in her mind and she chuckles; they didn't even started dating and they are already over.

"Good morning Hailey, Can i have a word with you for a couple of minutes?" Joe says politely and she swallows nervously at the thought of something happening to Barry.

"Yeah sure Joe" She says keeping it cool as they walk to somewhere more private than the entrance of CCPD.

"it's about Barry" Joe scratches the back of his head, like father like son much?. "He has been dodging my calls and avoiding my daughter too, I'm just worried about him you know? I know he listens to you so if you could please talk to him and figure out whats wrong
with him?"

Oh Joe if you only knew, Hailey thinks.

"Sure Joe, i will talk to him." She smiles reassuringly and Joe's expression change into a more calmed one.

"Thank you Hailey." And with that Joe walks away leaving Hailey with her thoughts.

"Hey Hailey! What a wonderful morning don't you think?" Eddie Thawne says to her with a huge grin on his face.

"Yeah it's beautiful " She walks up to the lab and when she sees no one in it she sighs. "I should've guessed it"
She walks towards Barry's desk and sees a sticky note on it.

"I called in sick, don't try to reach me because I'm most likely not answering, by the way if you could tell Joe to bring some homemade chicken soup into my apartment it would be amazing (:, Barry "

She chuckles at the note and goes downstairs to pass the note to Joe, he smiles widely. God she wishes she had a father that cared about her like Joe cares about Barry; sure she has Karina but it's not the same.
There wasn't much to at the lab so she quickly wrapped up and went to S.T.A.R Labs.

"Haiz is hereeeee" she sings and everyone looks at her, including some familiar blonde. "Felicity?" She furrows her eyebrows and Felicity makes an 'O' with her mouth.

"Hi Hailey" She says as confused as Hailey, "what are you doing here?"

"i came to um-"

"She came to help me with some blood samples from Metahumans " Caitlin interrupted and Hailey thanked her so much for that save, Felicity doesn't seems convinced but she shrugs it off.

"Well what are you doing here?" Hailey walks up to her, her eyebrows rose.

"I um helping Barry with some girl problems?" Felicity looks at Barry, and Hailey is surprised to find out that he
Is here, she didn't noticed.

"Felicity, she knows I'm The Flash" Barry says sternly and with zero expression in his face, Felicity exhales and laughs.

"Oh god im so glad, you know how hard it is to keep secrets, and then making up excuses and blah blah" She
makes hand gestures and looks at Hailey.

"Hailey i got a badass name for you!" Cisco almost yells.

"Hit me with your best shot" She smirks.

"White Chameleon"

Hailey smiles and nods.

"Thats sounds amazing, i like it" She
grins at Cisco and throws his fist at the air.

"im so awesome, and i don't even have powers!" Cisco walks happily to the main desk.

"I thought you said you were sick" Hailey walks up to Barry with her hands in the pockets of her coat, her facial expression says everything. She is mad, mad at Barry for lying to her.

"Well I'm not, i just don't want you near me."

Those words hurt Hailey more than the burns on her back. Everyone stays silent and look at Hailey and Barry.

"You could've said that"

"I just did, didn't i?" Barry looks at her with his arms crossed, his jaw tensed and his eyes didn't express any regret of what he had just said.
She chuckles sarcastically.

"Sorry that you can't accept a no for an answer, you are being such an asshole right now"

"What do you want me to say? I like you a lot and you tell me you feel the same but you can't be with me because you can't handle it?" He furrows his eyebrows and a smirk plasters on his face. "I don't need you in my life either, i don't need someone that's lets people down and that is a coward. I don't need you Hailey, now you can go back to your 'complicated' life and live it as you want. Finding out what happened to your parents won't  make a difference, you are still going to be the worthless person you are today. Im sick of you" Barry looked at her dead in the eye and she saw a glimpse of red on his eyes, nothing matters to her right now; she feels extremely mad and she slaps him as hard as she can, throwing him to the other side of the room because of her powers. She hears everyone gasp and walk over Barry.

"I don't want you near me ever again, if you do. I will kill you" Hailey starts walking away but she feels someone grab her arm and twist it, she hears something crack."What the-"
Before she could finish she is thrown to the wall and when she looks up she sees Barry walking over her, she lifts
her not broken arm and pushes him away with some invisible force; she is surprised by that, she didn't know that she could do that.

"Call the Arrow, Felicity NOW!" Dr.Wells yells at Felicity and she starts dialing the number. Hailey reincorporates but the pain of her arm is indescribable, she feels like she was just rolled over by a bus on top of a plane, she has never felt this much pain before. Barry runs over to her again and takes her by the neck.

"BARRY DON'T" Caitlin yells and Hailey feels his grip getting tighter, she was almost passed out by now, she sees a guy in a green hood, the guy shots Barry on the back making Barry release Hailey throwing her to the ground, Barry pulls the arrow out of him and uses his speed to leave the building.

The last thing that Hailey sees is the guy in the green hood taking off the hood and the mask, for her surprise it was Oliver.
She sees Oliver screaming something but she can't hear him, everything fades away and she closes her eyes. She feels a sudden peace coming through her, she doesn't want to wake up.

ϟ

"We need to find him" Felicity sighed.

"He seemed angry when i talked to him, he didn't seem like him" Joe looked down to the ground.

"He was definitely not him when we saw what he did to Hailey." Oliver looks at Hailye laying in bed, multiple bruises and scars were forming on her face. "Im going to beat him up for this." He clenched his jaw and his fists were closed. Felicity walked up to him and she laid her hand on his shoulder.

"Im sure there's no need for that, this has an explanation, right?" She looks at Caitlin, waiting her to say something that could possibly explain Barry's behavior so Oliver wouldn't kick his ass. At least not that hard.

"When Barry went to fight Bivolo, he said he wasn't affected by his powers it but im pretty sure he was. His system is probably trying to stop Bivolo's effect on him ergo it's taking slower for Barry to get rid of the effect." Caitlin explained. "Maybe if we make him see the right colors, the effect would be stopped."

"That makes sense because Bivolo is using the color range to somehow make his opponents feel rage, so that's most likely to work" Cisco agrees with Caitlin.

"We need to find him first" Dr.Wells sighs.

"You know i always thought you were the arrow, it made sense. This just proves how good of a detective i am." Cisco walks over Oliver and says cheerfully. "I have the coolest job"

"A job with no pay." Joe mumbles and Cisco looks at him almost shocked.

"Excuse me but saving people's lives is enough pay for me" He says licking his lollipop, Oliver makes a hand gesture to Cisco; agreeing with him.

"I FOUND HIM!" Felicity yells and throws her fist in the air. "Facial recognition picked him up on a traffic, camera downtown"

Oliver sees Hailey one last time and leaves S.T.A.R Labs to fight Barry.

"I just hope they can turn Barry back before he kills Oliver." Cisco says looking at the screen.

"Me, I'd be more worried about what Oliver might have to do to Barry." Diggle looks at Cisco in disbelief.

"Barry has superpowers.
Oliver has a bow and arrow" Cisco glanced at him and frowned.

"Do you have any idea how many people Oliver has killed with that bow and arrow? Recurve bow arrows can travel up to 300 feet per second, so, like, 200 miles an hour."

"Barry can run three times that fast"

"Whatever, Oliver's been doing this a lot longer.
My money's on experience." Diggle responds.

"My money's on speed." Cisco states finally and Felicity looks worriedly at the computer screen.

"Please tell me you are not having this conversation right now."

ϟ

"Is this even going to work?" Joe asks as he drives the van towards Oliver and Barry.

"He just needs to see the right colors" Dr.Wells states as they stop the car roughly. "Now Joe!" Dr.Wells orders and Joe opens the door of the van while Oliver hold Barry by the neck making him see the flashing colored lights that were inside the van. Barry stays still for a moment and shakes his head of bringing his hand to his eyes.

"Barry, are you okay?" Oliver asks Barry wrapping Barry's arm around his shoulder. (#oliverry? )

"Oh, this is going to be a special kind of hangover." Both of them chuckle.

"You are lucky i didn't kick you ass, you deserve it" Oliver sighs while walking to the van.

"Listen I'm sorry for what i said and did to you, i guess i had more feelings bottled up than I thought."

"Im not talking about me Barry" Oliver gets into the van.

"Hailey" Barry gasps and uses his speed to run to S.T.A.R Labs.

ϟ

Hailey wakes up gasping and breathing heavily. Caitlin runs up to her and watches Hailey as she starts scanning the whole room.

"Hailey im so glad you woke up-"

"Where is he?" Hailey immediately asks, she tries to get up but the pain on her arm makes her groan and fall onto the bed again.

"Hailey wait before we talk about that i need to check you up, turn around" Caitlin demands and Hailey does as she says. She lifts Hailey's shirt up only to reveal that the burns she had yesterday were gone. "Oh god"

"Is it infected?" Hailey bites her lip nervously.

"No, it's completely healed" Caitlin gasps. "God so you do heal fast"

"Don't tell this to Barry but Hailey is way cooler than him, in every aspect." Cisco says looking at Hailey, she chuckles on response.

"Your arm will probably heal as fast, you have to rest though." Caitlin states and Hailey frowns looking at everyone in the room.

"Where is Oliver?" She looks at Felicity.

"What do you mean?"

"Fel, i know he is the Arrow i saw him before i passed out." She crosses her arms and Felicity's eyes widened.

"He is on his way back"

"On his way back from where?" Hailey still glances at Felicity.

"From fighting against Barry"

"Good, he deserves it" Hailey response with no regret on what she said, she was most likely never going to talk to Barry again for what he did to her, for what he said to her.

"Hailey, Barry's behavior has an explanation, he was whammed by Bivolo-"

"Wait who is Bivolo?" Hailey furrows her eyebrows in confusion and Cisco winces.

"Okay i may or may not have forgotten to tell you about him" Cisco says with an apologetical look on his face. "Basically he can make other people feel extreme anger which makes them do bad stuff"

"Ok, Carry on Caitlin"

"So he was whammed by Bivolo and you know he just felt angry, at everything and everyone. You kind if set him off"

"Let me correct you Caitlin, regardless of him being whammed by Bivolo, does not excuses his actions. Being angry doesn't converts you into a whole different person. He just did and said things he had bottled up." Hailey sighs, suddenly a gush of wind comes through the doors and Barry stands there; quickly looking at Hailey.

"Hailey i-"

"Let me guess you are sorry." Hailey looks at him, her not broken arm on her hip. Barry nods slowly with his eyes searching hers for a forgiveness. She shakes her head slowly and looks at the ground. "I can't even look at you, Barry" Her vision becomes blurry as tears start coming out of her eyes. Everyone had already left the room by then. Her eyes meet his, as soon as Barry's sees her face, he knows it, he knows he lost her. "Barry, I can't right now- i just can't " she and wipes her tears roughly.

"Hailey please listen to me, I didn't mean anything i said. I love you" Barry feels his eyes watery. Hailey looks up at him and for a second he thinks he might have a chance. "I didn't meant any of it, i- i did that?" His eyes look at her broken arm and she nods.

"You did this too" she points at her neck, there were some bruises in there and her face had scars. Barry sighs and walks over to her, Hailey takes two steps back. "Stop"

"Hailey, i was mad at you for saying that we couldn't be together, but i was mostly hurt. This kind of stuff always happens to me, and i- what i mean is that no matter how mad i was, I didn't mean what i said or did." Hailey looks at him unconvinced. "Give me one more chance, to prove to you that we can be together." He grabs her hand and one of his tears falls on it. His finger circled aimlessly around her hand. "I don't know what i can do for you, all i have ever wanted is for you to be safe and I didn't. I hate myself for this Hailey, i feel so stupid. I can't believe i hurt you" He starts sobbing hard and tears are coming out of his eyes and Hailey grabs his head and brings it to her chest, her hands going through his messy hair while his arms travel up and down her back. She cries too.
Barry is careful with her arm, he remembers twisting it; when he heard the crack of it. Remembering it made Barry feel sick, it just made him sob more.

"Im so sorry Hailey" He sobs against her chest.

"I know Barry, i know" she says sobbing next to him. Barry looks up to her and caresses her bruised face with his thumb, closing his eyes with regret.
He carries her and lays her onto the bed.

"You should rest" he wipes his tears with his hand, the other one holding Hailey's. "We will talk about this tomorrow." He starts walking away but Hailey's hand squeezes his more. He looks back at her.

"Stay with me" Hailey says with pleading eyes, her pink plump lips are in a straight line. "Please"

Barry nods slowly and she makes him a space next to her, his arms around Hailey while makes herself comfortable on Barry's chest. He kisses her forehead, his lips staying there longer than it should, he just felt so guilty.

"Goodnight Barry"

"Goodnight Hailey"

And so they fall asleep, curled up into each other, Hailey hearing Barry's heart rhythm and Barry hearing Hailey's little snores.

ϟ

Im pretty sure this has been the longest chapter i have written so far, yet no one is reading this. Anyone thinks i should keep writing this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 74.9K 95
[based on season two of The Flash] || book two of three || Six months after Barry's failure to change the timeline and save his mother, Team Flash is...
1.4K 42 25
𝕋𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕋𝕠 𝔽𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕙, 𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕚𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕪𝕖𝕥 𝕒𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕕𝕣𝕒𝕞𝕒 𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕒𝕙𝕦𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕤 𝕜𝕖𝕡𝕥 �...
85.7K 2.4K 85
After helping Supergirl defeat Non and Mydrid, Barry finds out a troubling secret back in Central City. There's meta humans running around causing tr...
1.2K 37 6
★彡["ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʙᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ʀɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ, ʙᴀʀʀʏ ᴀʟʟᴇɴ, ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ."]彡★ ~ in which it's been a year sin...