Runaway ϟ The Flash [1]

By sheismental

❝God this is so cliché, Barry I'm not a damsel in distress.❞ [the flash: season one] copyright 2016 |bloodthr... More

CHARACTERS.
The Start & The Dead.
Hungry.
Taking Care.
Late For Work.
I Can't Do This.
Fights.
Forgivness.
Sweetheart.
The Man In The Yellow Suit.
New Boy.
The Burning Man.
Merry Little Christmas.
First World Problems.
Jealousy?
Revenge Of The Rogues I
Snart Is Smart.
I Got My Girl Back.
Future People.
Morning Love.
Time.
Figure It Out.
Cannot Outrun.
PROLOGUE.
NEW BOOK

Not Fast Enough.

10.3K 193 81
By sheismental

HAILEY ANDERSON.

It was Saturday and Hailey was walking inside S.T.A.R. Labs. Everything was still surreal for her but that surrealism was slowly fading away.

"Hailey, im glad that you decided to join us in this wonderful day" Dr.Wells says as he approaches her. Hailey met him yesterday, while he was sitting next to Cisco about the use of her powers; Hailey could say that Harrison Wells was a good person, so far he has been nothing but nice and welcoming to her.

"Dr.Wells its my pleasure" She nods smiling and sees Barry sitting on the desk, he quickly smiles at her and avoids her glare by playing with a pencil."So where's my favorite guy?" She says happily and Barry quickly looks up, she walks over to Cisco and they high five. "There it is" She pats him in the arm playfully and Barry looks at her with a confused glare.

"Haiz, okay i got a surprise for you" Cisco says excitedly walking; almost jumping, towards a glass case as tall as the wall and covered by a maroon sheet. He uncovers it and Hailey gasps, watching the most badass suit she has ever seen; it was everything white with some touches of grey, and it had a skirt it was white too, it looked like it was made of leather and besides the suit there is a white mask, apparently made of the same material.Barry joins the three of them on watching the suit.

"Wouldn't it be more comfortable if it was a pantsuit?" Barry says and Hailey agrees with him.

"Thats what i told him" Caitlin says almost as a singing.

"Okay would you guys stop criticizing my designs and let Hailey talk, after all its her suit"

"I love it Cisco, its amazing. I mean of course it would have been better if it was a pantsuit, because i could kick more asses but i like this. Thank you Cisco." She hugs him and Cisco smiles.

"Okay so it kind of looks like leather but i Cisco-ed it and now when you turn invisible the suit will turn invisible too!. It was difficult because i had to make sure that the suit became 'invisible' when you do, and I practically studied every single thing about Chameleons, you know? How the skin camouflages too? Well its kind of like that, you are like a chameleon now" Cisco says and Hailey is still shocked by the suit and everything Cisco did to make it.

"So does this means im a superhero now?" Hailey grins.

"Miss Anderson i'm afraid you need to learn how to control your powers and see what can you do with them" Dr.Wells insisted. "Why don't you get in that room?" He points at the room that had Barry's treadmill in it."We can start your training today" Hailey nods and walks into the room, Caitlin, Cisco,Barry and Dr.Wells following her but staying out in the booth.
Luckily Hailey had sports clothes on.

"Ok so what do i do?"

"What can you do?" Dr.Wells smiles and it makes Hailey shiver.
She closes her eyes and focuses on her powers; She hears Barry gasp and it makes her nervous, she opens her eyes and sees nothing but her clothes floating (lmfao). "Well Hailey that's a start,Barry get in" Barry seems confused but walks inside.

"This is so weird" Barry chuckles.

"Okay Barry try to hit her, Hailey avoid the punch"

"Wait what?!" Barry and Hailey protest.

"You want to be a superhero?, im sure that the bad guys will punch you"

"Do it Barry" She rolls her eyes but of course no one can see her expression, she sees Barry throw the punch and she quickly avoids it; she has good reflexes, Barry thinks.

"Make her mad Barry, lets see how her powers react when her emotions suddenly change."
Barry scoffs, he doesn't want to do it but Hailey knows it's necessary.

"Im sorry" he mutters and throws another punch, she didn't avoid it as fast; she is visible again. "Your parents are dead Hailey! And what are you doing? NOTHING, you are just a simple girl, who lost their parents. Your powers aren't enough YOU NEED TO BE BETTER, if you want justice for your parent's death." Barry says as he throws punches, Hailey starts feeling angry; she knows its true and starts throwing punches at him but he avoids them, fast. "Your parents would be ashamed of what you are today, you are worthless; a little freak that lost her parents" She saw Barry's regret but she didn't care, that made her mad and every drop of patient she had on her quickly vanished. She throws a punch to him, the palm of her hand open; she touches his chest and some force came over her. It threw Barry away, against the wall. Just like a few days ago.
She was invisible again and Barry was knocked out.

"THAT WAS SO AWESOME" she hears Cisco say and she make herself visible again, she runs towards Barry who is still on the floor.

"Barry? Oh god no" She regrets doing that and Barry opens his eyes, he has a cut on a side of his head, she caresses his hair and he can see regret in her eyes. "Im so sorry Barry"

"You were amazing" Barry says caressing her cheek with his thumb."you are going to be a great superhero" He smiles and makes Hailey smile.

"I could of killed you" She says mad at herself.

"You will never do that, i trust you. I believe in you" Barry mutters. Cisco and Caitlin walk up to them.

"DUDE SHE TOTALLY KICKED YOUR ASS"  Cisco yells excitedly.

"She did" Barry chuckles and Caitlin starts checking him up.

"Im thinking on a badass name be right back" Cisco runs outside the room.

"I think you are good Hailey, you just need to calm down with this. Your parents dead clearly triggers you, and that could be really really dangerous. Be careful" Dr.Wells says licking his lips almost nervously and Hailey nods.

"Guys we have a problem near CCPD" Cisco yells and Barry and Hailey run up to him. "Is Captain Cold and Heatwave"

"Suit up" Barry says smiling to Hailey, they run and put their suits on, Barry glances at her and sees how short her skirt is, "we have to work on that" he points Hailey's skirt and she rolls her eyes. He runs and papers start flying everywhere, Hailey stands there.

"So did he forgot that i-" Hailey couldn't finish her sentence because Barry came running for her and they were face to face with Captain Cold and Heatwave. "Wow that was fast" She mutters and Barry laughs.

"So who is your little friend, Flash?" Snart laughs jokingly. "We can take you both down"

"I doubt that" Hailey smiles.

They fire their arms and Barry starts running as Hailey becomes invisible, she runs up to Snart and kicks him in his chest, he quickly looks everywhere around him and sees nothing, Hailey punches him again taking him down to the floor. She grabs his gun and makes herself visible again.

"huh seems like you wont be needing this anymore" Hailey tosses it aside and hits Snart's face with the ground, suddenly she feels something burning her back, she moans and falls to the ground.

"I think i will" Snart incorporates and grabs his gun, Heatwave and Snart pointing at her, Barry punches the both of them away from Hailey and he looks at her.

"No oh god dammit Hailey" he mutters so no one can hear him saying her name, Hailey is unconscious. Barry takes her in his arms and runs to S.T.A.R Labs. "Caitlin!" He starts yelling.

"Hailey oh god"

Barry puts her in the bed, he puts his hands on his face, he blamed himself for not stopping Heatwave in time.

"She has 2nd degree burns,Barry. She has them in most of her back" Caitlin chews her inner cheek nervously, "i put a sedative on her so she doesn't feels a lot of pain, hopefully she heals fast like you do"

"I shouldn't let her come with me" Barry sighs and sits on a chair next to Hailey's bed.

"Barry don't blame yourself, it was her decision" Caitlin puts her hand on his shoulder.

"I should have been more careful"

"Are you going to stay here?" Caitlin asks as she takes her stuff.

"Yeah i will" He looks at Hailey, peacefully sleeping.

"Goodnight Barry"

"Goodnight Caitlin"

Barry looks at Hailey and grabs her hand and kisses it.

"God Hailey if you only knew" he sighs throwing his head back. He sighs again. "How much you mean to me and that-" he sees her so peaceful and her lips, those lips he almost kissed."I can't do this without you"

"I have always felt that something was missing in my life, and i-" he chuckles, "i always thought that, it was Iris missing in my life; that i loved her, that i had always wanted her in a way that i knew I couldn't have her. By the way you have to meet her, she is awesome. Anyway, ever since i met you i feel like that piece of my life that has been missing its finally there. You were that missing part." He kisses his forehead and changes into his normal clothes. "goodnight Haiz" And with that he falls asleep holding Hailey's hand.

----------------------------

Okay that was so long! 1554 words, hope you guys enjoyed  it! Comment your opinions. Guys help me! What would be a 'badass' code name for Hailey?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.5K 2.8K 72
ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ʟᴏᴠᴇ|❝ɪ ꜰᴇʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴀꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ, ꜱʟᴏᴡʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴀᴛ ᴏɴᴄᴇ.❞ - ➼ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ; (ʏ/ɴ) ʜᴀʀᴘᴇʀ, ᴀ ꜰᴏʀᴇɴꜱɪᴄ ꜱᴄɪᴇɴᴛɪꜱᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴄᴘᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴ...
1.6M 74.9K 95
[based on season two of The Flash] || book two of three || Six months after Barry's failure to change the timeline and save his mother, Team Flash is...
289K 6.3K 54
❝You're Quiver?❞ ❝You sound surprised.❞ barry allen | the flash season 1 © osculable | 2018 --- 10K reads • 2.21.19 50k reads • 10.27.19 100k reads •...
12.2K 448 14
Disclaimer: I dont own the flash or music or pictures.