Happy Birthday, You're A Freak

By victoria_rdm

When Raeanne Roosevelt turned fifteen strange things started to happen. She found she could do things she nev... More

02 : So He Really Was Telling The Truth.
03 : McGregor's Private Institute
04 : Start of Classes
05 : Revenge
06 : Knowing Looks and Humiliation
07 : Time Flies By
08 : How things Changed
09 : Late Nights
10 : Waiting
11 : Sharpies and Cheetos
12 : Truth or Dare?
13 : Strudel Love
14 : Research
15 : What Just Happened?
16 : Glitter and Glue
17 : Pirate Attack!
18 : And somehow, I survived
19 : It's Called a Pillow...
20 : Seriously? A toddler could do better
21 : Kat's Debut
22 : Operation Socks
23 : Surprise, Surprise
24 : The In-between
25 : Thorns
26 : Progress
27: It's Like JFK All Over Again
28: The Attack
29: The End, Part One
30: The End, Part Two

01 : The Start of Everything.

13K 348 14
By victoria_rdm

It was on my 15th birthday when I found out. I had woken up that morning, looked in the mirror and saw my normal light green eyes had taken on a multicoloured glow.

I was shocked and intrigued as to why, and wished I wasn’t so damn curious. That day, a lot of strange things were happening. I felt like I was being watched. Constantly. It was like everywhere I went I felt the eyes and but I looked, nothing was there.

Since then It seems as if my life has been tested so many times.

The first time I was attacked, I was, blind-folded, tied up, they had stuck me head first in water and I tried holding my breath, and let it all out, finding that when I sucked in water without thinking that I actually was breathing.

Of course it terrified me, I mean, who wouldn’t be terrified. Somehow I had miraculously gotten away. I still have no idea how though.

When I finally got away and I saw them, they’re bodies were swollen and blistered and had that flaming red look skin always has when its been burned. I had a feeling it was me who did that.

Over time I began to experiment. I tried controlling the elements. I found I could collect energy directly from the sun, from oxygen, water. I could make plants grow, and I could change the weather.

My powers had everything to do with elements. Nothing beyond were in my abilities. The attacks started coming more now.

I was ready, I fought them off with my powers. Drowning, burning, burying, strangling. I sort of started hating myself.

Next thing I know is there’s a knock at my door, a year later with an older man and a two teenager guys like myself. He introduced himself as Headmaster Barns. Told my mother I had been accepted into his school on a full scholarship. His eyes had a similar quality as mine. Except they were all silvers, golds and coppers.

The boys with him, one eyes a fiery red, the other a deep blue. My mother was so excited. She helped me pack all of my belongings. I was uneasy the entire time and was using the time to build up my energy, in case I needed to fight.

Later, with my belongings packed away safely in a small trailer attached to a sleek black car. I was really uneasy and as soon as I made my way to the car I was trapped.

I tried everything I could think of to escape but nothing worked.

The older man with, silver, gold and copper eyes was staring at me intently. I still remember exactly what he said, word for word.

‘Raeanne Roosevelt, do not be afraid, we are of the same kind. We’re taking you to a school, where you can learn to control your powers and use them for good, not the killings with which you have committed.’

I was needless to say, scared.

‘I don’t believe you.’ I said. he just smiled and the boy with red eyes started the car and headed north on the highway.

And that is where everything started.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.6K 3.4K 31
You either become brilliant, or you get killed. When Alyssa was invited to a boarding school to learn magic, she was expecting something out of a Har...
175 28 14
One girl. Extreme power. Victoria Addison 'Tori' Morale lives in Florencia, a huge city where at the age of 17 your given your Element. An Element th...
64 0 10
"𝙋𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚... 𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙡...
661K 27.4K 45
(NOT EDITED AT ALL) (LOTS OF GRAMMAR ERRORS) (I was young when I wrote this lol) "You're special, fire boy," the man grins, "you and the others are...