The Shrewd Wolves (H&HP Serie...

By shruthii

"You don't want a mate and neither do I. So for the sake of our wolves, let's just complete the mating proces... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue

Chapter 49

34K 1.2K 379
By shruthii

HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY INDIA.

I really thought I couldn't update chapter 49 today, but I could and here it is. This chapter is dedicated to @alicesingh31 :D

****

"Love is a wonderful thing, my dear, but it leaves you wide open for blackmail."

-Jasper Fforde, Lost in a Good Book.

AT EMPEROR PACK...

There was no teacher in the classroom and the noise the students were making was audible to downstairs.

Sister Cecilia, sighed and shot an apologetic smile at the substitute teacher, who smiled back. She sighed in relief. The new teacher didn't really seem friendly to her but the school desperately needed a teacher and he could do fine, just for the moment. Mrs. Winstone, the class teacher, had called her yesterday and had stated that she couldn't make it this week as her father had passed away.

Two days later, the school finally found a sub!

The girls were chatting, giggling while the boys were throwing paper planes and chasing each other.

One little boy collided against Sister Cecilia and she narrowed her eyes at him. His eyes widened when he saw her and he quickly rushed to his seat.

Sister Cecilia entered the classroom, while the substitute teacher stood beside the door.

The class turned silent all of a sudden as the students sat in their respective seats and watched their head mistress with anxious eyes. They have been bad, they knew it but they didn't want to be punished for it!

"Good morning students"

"Good morning Sister" the children chorused gaily.

"As you all know Mrs. Winstone has gone to her native place and is unable to take your classes, a new teacher has come and he will be taking your classes for the next few days" Sister Cecilia said cheerfully.

The students groaned in complain and Sister Cecilia frowned at them.

"Just this week and next week, Mrs. Winstone will be back" she said and the students groaned louder. Sister Cecilia rolled her eyes, well-aware that these were not exactly good news for students.

Shaking her head she turned to look at the substitute teacher who smiled at her.

"Alright class let me introduce to you, your new teacher" she said and the substitute teacher entered the class.

The class turned pin-drop silent as the students watched their tall, muscular teacher with fretful eyes.

"Hello children" the teacher said wryly but none of them dared to reply.

"My name is Konrad King and I am going to be your teacher for the next three days" he said with a grin and all the children, either lowered their heads or looked away, without bothering to reply him.

"Yes, and I want every one of you to make him feel welcomed and not cause any trouble to him" Sister Cecilia said looking at a group of rowdy boys. "Understood boys?" she demanded.

"We do not cause any trouble" the leader replied offended and Sister Cecelia shook her head. There was no one who had won and argument against this little boy. Cute though he might be, but he was too clever for his age!

"What's your name boy?" Konrad demanded looking at the naughty little boy.

Dark blonde lashes rose to reveal a pair of smoky grey eyes, which met Konrad's mint green eyes without flinching.

"Lorcan. Lorcan Rhoades" the boy replied smugly and Konrad gritted his teeth. This particular son of a bitch, may barely be five, but had all the arrogance of an Alpha.

"Well Lorcan Rhoades—" Konrad began and took a step forward, "—when someone troubles me, I make sure they get out of my way!" Konrad smirked as his eyes turned pitch black.

When Sister Cecilia, an adult shivered from that threat, what match was an innocent little boy like Lorcan?

__

DARYA P.O.V

A slamming sound woke me up and opening my eyes, I stared at the empty pillow next to me. Sighing, I fell on my back and stared at the ceiling.

I felt rested for the first time in two weeks. After I came to know Konrad is alive and about Wesley's betrayal plus the very sure truth that our future was unsafe, I couldn't sleep. But last night, all the tiredness loomed over me and I gave into it! Fell asleep immediately after dinner and woke up now to once again have the worry gnaw me.

Even though it's been two weeks, I still couldn't get over the fact that Konrad was alive and because of my stupidity, there is two of him now.

Ugh!

Why did I give into my impulse and attack him that way? Konrad is going to turn nastier this time and I know he would be on a killing spree this time. I shivered at that thought and closed my eyes while my wolf whined. I didn't know when and where he is going to start, but I did know that once he does, he is not going to stop.

Konrad is planning. He would be a fool, not to, but I didn't know anything. Vincent can find out but even though his gift is to see future, he never really accepted it and never really utilized it. Hence he cannot actually see distant future. He is trying to concentrate everyday though to improve and hone in his extraordinary skills.

I was praying certain miracle to happen and for Vincent to tell me what the near future held for me and everyone I loved.

Scratching my head, I got off the bed and walked towards our washroom.

While I was brushing my teeth, my eyes drifted towards the reflection of the frosted glass door of the bathroom, where blur figure of Quillon's spectacular frame was visible. A satisfactory smile crept on my face when I realized that he was all mine. But then, the smile got wiped off when I recalled how Konrad had stood behind me in the college washroom that day.

Shaking my head, I gargled and was drying my hair when my eyes once again flickered to the bathroom door. My wolf purred inside me as I took a deep breath and refused to exhale.

I wanted him.

With so much going on around him, my wolf just wanted to be with him because he made me happy and he made me forget everything that was bad.

Smiling, I let out a breath and slid open the bathroom door before I lose my short-earned bravery.

Quillon looked over his shoulders first and then turned to face me. He was a spectacular vision who could give the best male models, a good run for their money.

I didn't have to tell him anything, my eyes said it all and in a flash, my back was pressed against the marble wall of the shower. I gasped in pure ecstasy as Quillon pulled me closer to his body, so that I could feel him, all of him. The flimsy night dress I wore got sodden by the water, revealing everything underneath.

Quillon's eyes darkened and I parted my mouth on cue, when he lowered his head to kiss me.

__

I was in the farm, quietly making the pot-pourri. Nancy, used to always help me in making them but now...

I gulped as I recalled her funeral. Watching her parents and brothers cry made hurt me more than I liked to admit. The police had closed the case claiming it to be a suicide but Nancy's family refused to believe it.

It was murder, they claimed and they were right, but even then I couldn't reveal the truth to them because my whole kind will be in risk of exposure if I do so. The only way I could provide justice to Nancy is by killing the one who killed her.

My wolf growled in agreement at that thought.

While I was about to throw the waste to the dustbin, my cell-phone rang. My eyes widened when I noticed the caller was Vincent. Quickly, removing my gloves, I answered the call.

"Darya" Vincent called gravely from the other side and my back turned ram rod straight. The tone in his voice alerted my wolf and she stood up and growled loudly. It was the same tone he had used a month ago when Cable had planned to attack Q.

"Konrad is going to kidnap Lorcan"

I staggered back a step in shock and inhaled sharply. Oh God! No. Please no!

However, my wolf growled furiously and my claws were out but I pushed her back. This was not the time to give into impulse.

"Go to his school" Vincent finished and before I could ask further, he cut the call. I furrowed my brows and was about to call him, but decided against it and dialed Sel's number, while already picking my car keys and rushing towards my car.

I cut my call when I was informed by a robotic female voice that because of network problem, I couldn't contact Sel.

Shit!

Where is she?

While I started driving like a Formula One Racer, I called Duncan.

"Darya? What's wrong?" Duncan asked immediately.

"It's Konrad. He is going to attack Lorcan" I breathed out harshly as I overtook a big truck on the road.

Duncan growled so loudly that even I flinched hearing it.

"I got a call from Vincent. We have to go to his school" I continued hastily.

"That son of a bitch" Duncan growled and I could already tell he was running. "I am going to call Lorcan's guards and ask them to bring him back" Duncan stated. "Are you on your way there?"

"Yes, I am close. Where is Sel? I called her but couldn't reach her"

"I will call her" Duncan said. Every word that he uttered came out in loud growls.

"If you reach the school before me, just keep him with you until I come" Duncan said seriously and I replied with a yes.

I wanted to call Quillon but I couldn't exactly drive fast while talking on the phone and so, I decided against it.

With shaky hands, I wiped the sweat coating my upper lip. My heart was pounding so badly that I could hear my own heart beat wildly in my ears. My wolf was pacing anxiously inside me and I knew she wouldn't settle down until she knew for sure Lorcan is safe.

I will make sure Konrad suffers very badly for this. He targeted a little boy, who was an innocent bystander in this war. Then again, what could one expect from a monster like Konrad?

I was repeatedly praying for Lorcan to be safe and exhaled through my mouth, when I turned in the familiar street of Lorcan's school.

It was a convent school and had almost five security guards but they were no match to Lorcan. Neither were the guards Duncan had hired for Lorcan's protection.

Oh God!

Bringing my car to a halt near the gate, I got out and rushed inside the campus through another small gate, nearby.

As I was racing through the long, empty hallways, I kept praying when I realized I couldn't catch his scent. I knew where Lorcan's classroom was because I had been to his school quite a few times with Sel and Duncan. The door was closed and I pushed it open so loudly that it slammed against the door quite hardly.

The noise loud enough to alert the whole building but the same noise had no impact on the children of the classroom, who were all sleeping, with their heads rested on the desk top.

My hand which was holding the casing dropped down as I stared at the students. Lorcan wasn't here. I think I knew that even before I came here. I looked at his best-friend,  Clayton, Tina and Waylon's son, he too was under Konrad's spell.

Lorcan's Batman bag was the only thing present in his seat. I gulped and then took a step back.

My hands clenched into fists when I noticed the other children. He had put them to sleep, had not killed them. I think I should be grateful to that, but I still couldn't. This was very low of Konrad.

Turning, I rushed towards the headmistress's office to ask her what the hell she was doing when that bastard came and took my nephew.

Teachers had come out of their respective classes to look at me and were giving me curious looks.

"Something is wrong, the kids aren't waking up" I told them and their eyes widened in horror. Two of them rushed to the classroom, but the others were staring at me.

I turned in a corner and pushed open the headmistress's office.

"I am waiting for you. I am waiting for you. I am waiting for you" sitting quietly in her seat, the headmistress, Sister Cecilia was repeating like a Robot. Shaking my head, I rushed out of the building with inhumane speed.

I looked for the guards and when I didn't find them, I didn't bother searching as I knew what had happened to them.

My car door was locked from inside was the first thing I realized when I tried to open it. The second, my cell phone was also ringing and as I pulled it out, it had Vincent's mom's name on the screen. The third thing, there was someone watching me.

Growling, I had just turned my head when I saw a needle flying towards piercing my arm and without doubt a nerve. I groaned in pain and looked at Sanity, who smirked at me.

"I never miss my target" she said, her light green eyes dancing victoriously, which made me grit my teeth and growl.

However, my growl didn't have that much power in it because whatever the drug was, it had already affected me. My eyes felt droopy and I dropped to my side on the pavement.

A pair of sneaker clad foot approaching me was the last thing I remembered.

__

My head felt heavy and I held it while I sat up from the floor. This was a house but looked more like a warehouse because it had no rooms and the roof was almost sky high. But it had kitchen, four beds, dining table, couch and everything else that's needed in a house.

Everything hit me right at that moment and growling loudly, I stood up.

His back was to me!

"Good afternoon" he said without looking at me and I gritted my teeth.

Afternoon?

It was almost eleven when I had rushed to Lorcan's school and now it was... four! Oh dear God!

"You... where is Lorcan?" I demanded, shouting angrily.

Slowly, Konrad turned to face me. He was the same. Nothing had changed after his unexpected revival. One side of his lips curled up and it caused his mint green eyes to brighten. That luminous, triumphant smile exacerbated the situation for me. "Somewhere... but he is alive and so is his mama" Konrad added tauntingly.

I gasped in shock. Sel... Oh My God! He has Sel with him too.

"What did you do to them?" I snarled. As much as I want to go ahead and rip his fucking head off, I knew I couldn't because he had Sel and Lorcan with him and I didn't know where they were.

They certainly weren't in this warehouse because I couldn't catch their scent.

Speaking of which... I couldn't catch even Konrad's scent. Moonflower! Dammit! I don't even know if I am in the pack territory or not because I couldn't connect with Quillon through the link. My phone was obviously taken.

"Nothing that would kill them... yet" he added the last part carefully and my claws were out.

"Let them go. This fight is between you and me, don't bring them in between" I tried to reason, hoping for... I don't know what. This monster has always shattered my hopes.

"You shouldn't have brought Sanders in between" Konrad countered harshly and I compressed my lips.

I didn't exactly bring Quillon in between. He got involved into this mess on his own, but admittedly, got deeply involved because of me.

"He ruined everything" Konrad snarled and I couldn't understand what he was saying. "I had planned everything. Every single thing until that son of a bitch, whom you call your mate, came and ruined it."

Slowly, he exhaled through his nose and then sighed deeply.

"But I am not complaining anymore" Konrad said in a relieved tone and I stared at him in bewilderment. "No. No more complaints. It was only because of his foolishness that I found out that very person who will help me rule this world!"

"In your dreams" I scoffed, glaring at him in disgust.

"Oh! I have dreamed about it for so long that I am now just a touch away from it" Konrad grinned and I growled.

"You will never get what you want" I shouted.

"I do. I always do. I wanted you here with me and look, you are here"

"Not by choice"

"Oh! But what you will do next will completely be by your choice" Konrad spelled out and I frowned at him.

What was this creature talking about?

Konrad smiled when he saw my confusion. "I always knew you were powerful Darya" he began but I was barely listening to him. My wolf stirred inside me and I realized I could connect through the link. It wasn't clear, but it was enough to send a warning message.

However, just like that I lost the link and when I heard sound of a glass breaking; I looked to see it was Konrad who had broken the glass which had moonflower scent in it.

Bastard!

He smirked at me as if he knew what I was about to do.

"So, let's continue" Konrad began and I glared at him. "Like I said, I always knew you were powerful. Always knew we were equal in strength and I always expected us to have a fair battle, but then your bitch of a mother played a very cruel game with me" he said shaking his head. The mother he was referring to here was the nature Goddess.

"She bestowed some gifts on your mate. Gifts which were in complete contradict with mine. Gifts which defied mine" Konrad gritted outrageously, pointing his index to his chest and I just stared at him.

I didn't feel any sympathy for him. I didn't even want to hear whatever he was saying. All I wanted to do right now was kill him. However, I couldn't because I didn't know where Sel and Lorcan where. Hence, I just had to stand there painfully static and stoic while listening to his rant.

"His every gift is at odds with mine" Konrad growled and I knew it was very true. I think Konrad cannot really harm Quillon. I also think it is vice-versa.

"At first, I was furious" Konrad continued and I looked at him, wondering how much longer I have to listen to this. "Then I began thinking, why Quillon? Why your mate was also gifted with such powerful gifts when it was always you who was meant to stand against me. Why was the playing field made uneven?"

His questions made me curious too. Strange thing, I never wondered about this before. Just accepted it as it was. But Konrad... he delved into it and without doubt, he had found the answers for it too.

"I knew you were my enemy. You knew I was yours. Then why was Quillon Sanders brought in between? Why was he unlike others and very much like you and me?"

"He is nothing like you and nothing like me" I said, grinding my teeth.

Quillon was nothing like this monster and nothing like my short-tempered self. Surely, he loses control but he also cools himself down almost immediately. He doesn't go mad in anger like me.

"In a way, true" Konrad shrugged. "Save for, when it comes to our powers" Konrad added. "He is every bit as powerful as us. When I drew to that conclusion, I realized there were many things I didn't know and so, I went looking for answers and I got them. Like yours and mine, Quillon's birth is different too" Konrad said with a smile and I furrowed my brows.

Quillon was Stephan's rebirth. Kasey had told us that and Quillon knew it for the truth it was. Quillon had chosen this life. Chosen to be born as my mate. It did make him fall in an altogether different category.

However, that was not what Konrad had found out. He explained it to me everything far more clearly...

"I was created. Even though you were your mother's child, you were carried by another woman, who died giving birth to you because you were too powerful for her. Quillon... he was not created or made by others like us. He is a self-made man."

A self-made man?

Indeed, Quillon was one. He sacrificed everything. Devoted his previous life to the Goddess and in return he was blessed to be reborn so powerful... Yes! That is why he is called Apex Predator. He had rose to the top on his own, without any help from others. Quillon had to sacrifice everything once to achieve whatever he has today.

That's why MY man, was worthy of everyone's respect.

It might be in his previous life, but it was the same soul which had lived in two different bodies. One which had given up everything and the other... which will take back everything that's his!

"The third and the unexpected one. It got me thinking and I realized I was always fighting with the wrong person" Konrad said and I raised my lashes to look at him. "Sure, I have to get rid of you too but first, I have to get rid of him. He comes in between everything that I want."

"I will kill you if you touch him" I bellowed as my wolf bared her fangs. Quillon does because he can defy every power of Konrad's, but if Konrad as so much hurt a hair in Quillon's body, then he is going to die.

Konrad's body shook in silent mirth after hearing me. "I am not going to touch him, okay?" he said and I stared at him like he has lost his head. It should please me, but it didn't. His words just multiplied the uneasy feeling that something terrible was going to happen, no matter how much I try to stop it!

What is going on in that sick, twisted mind of his? He doesn't make statements like this without having an ulterior motive.

"So, after I found out that he can undo what I do, I knew I had to come up with something to help me and what better than to use my gifts."

"Your clone?" I spat.

"Got that right" Konrad grinned. "My blood couldn't have been spilled by anyone. It had to be spilled by someone who could give life" he said and I swallowed audibly as the back of my eyes prickled.

I had thought about it and never figured out how he was alive. If just about anyone could have spilled his blood, then there would be an army of Konrad. So, it was obvious not everyone could kill him. But I didn't really know that only I could do give him life and unintentionally, I had done just that.

"A perfect setting was all I needed"

"You are mentally sick" I screamed in rage because his 'perfect setting' killed my friend, Nick.

"YES I AM" Konrad shouted in rage and I stepped back, astounded. "You and your big family are the reason for that" he said gnashing his even teeth against each other. "You took everything that was mine from me and turned me into an orphan."

"You were orphan long before that. No one gave birth to you" I spat and in a flash my back was pressed against the wall and Konrad's hands were enclosed around my throat as he snarled murderously right in front of my face.

My wolf growled thunderously and screaming, I pushed him off me with all my energy.

"Don't ever touch me" I snarled cruelly. I wanted to use my claws but didn't want any more of his blood to spill. I had to be careful this time and not to give into my anger.

Just like Konrad, who had turned and harshly dropped another bottle of moon-flower fragrance. He was careful that I avoid all contacts with the outside world!

"You are not walking out of this house until you give me what I want" Konrad said looking at me through his shoulders and I bared my fangs.

"If death is what you want, then I will give it to you very happily" I growled, my tone sounding animalistic.

Konrad chuckled at that and turned to face me. "I want death indeed" Konrad said and my body shook in anger. "Death of everyone who is going to stand against me" he declared and my mouth curled to a scorn.

"Everyone is going to stand against you. Every single one and you will watch it with your own eyes. Watch how even your nasty gift of hypnotization wouldn't make them surrender to you" I swore from the bottom of my heart.

Only those driven by sinful traits like greed, pride, wrath, and envy to the extreme level would stand by Konrad.

"Don't test my temper Darya" Konrad warned softly and once again, I bared my fangs. "Don't forget that your brother's heir is with me" he said in a sad voice and I felt the color drain from my face as that realization sank in.

Konrad smirked in satisfaction when he saw that. Just this once, he had an upper hand but I swear, once I know Lorcan and Sel are safe, I will send this monster to hell where the rest of his so called family are.

"Now that's like a good girl" Konrad said gleefully when I looked away. I clenched my fists in anger and restrained myself from flinging it at him and breaking that proud nose of his. "Be nice to me because I do not want to hurt you... yet" he added the last part with a chuckle and I glared at him. I knew my eyes were crimson in color because my wolf was on the edge. "At least not until I get what I want."

"What do you want?" I spat. Even though I had no intention of giving him what he wanted, I had to ask that.

"I was getting to that point before you interrupted me" Konrad chided and my claws formed crescents on my palm, as I clenched my fists harder in order to restrain myself.

To piss me off even more, Kornad dropped another glass.

"Like I was saying you fell right into the trap I had set and gave me life again. However, I had to stay away for a whole month from the whole world to convince you all that I was truly dead and you fools believed it and went on with your life. One by one, your secrets were out" Konrad said snapping his fingers and they were like slaps on my face.

"But not Quillon's" he added and I numbly stared at him. "No. That guy was one hell of a tough nut and I knew I had to do something to get a response from him. That's where Maxwell came and he manipulated Scott for weeks until finally one day the dam burst and Quillon's father humiliated you in front of the whole pack. I was expecting Quillon to make a grand show of his gifts that day, but that fucker stood like a statue when you tried to destroy his pack" Konrad chuckled humorlessly and I paled as I recalled that horrible night. It was something that I wanted to forget.

"But his silence and refusal gave me my strongest weapon" Konrad asserted smiling coldly while looking me in the eye. "And now, I am going to use that weapon in this war" he went on through gritted teeth.

"What weapon?" I enquired, staring at his eyes.

"What is your weapon?" I repeated again. I don't know why I asked him that because honestly, I thought Konrad wouldn't reply to me. Even so, I was wrong. He replied and his reply shook the ground beneath my feet.

"It's not a what. It's who" Konrad said and my eyes widened for a fraction of a second. Who? A person? Who else is helping Konrad? What else has he hidden from us? God! Is there no end to this?

"Don't you want to know who is it?"

I did. Very badly. "Who?" I asked solemnly.

"You" Konrad replied calmly.

My lips parted in shock and I inhaled as much oxygen as possible, while my eyes widened to their fullest extent.

My wolf quickly recovered from that shock and I growled thunderously, as my body shook in anger. A loud crack of thunder was heard from the outside.

"What the hell did you say?" I demanded taking a few step forward. How dare he?

"You. You are going to be my strongest weapon in this war" Konrad said without taking his eyes from me.

I laughed. Throwing my head back, I laughed coldly after hearing it. Lowering my head, I let out one last laugh and then glared at him, "Your weapon?" I bellowed and it was followed by another roar of thunder. "I am your weapon?" I asked pointing my index to my chest. "No. I am your death" I swore menacingly.

"That you are. Which is why you are going to be my weapon" Konrad stated calmly and in a flash I stood right in front of his face.

"Shut up!" I hissed coldly.

"Surprised Darya?" Konrad asked smirking at me and I bared my fangs. God! How badly I wanted to kill this sick monster. "We are very much alike Darya. You and me! We both like destruction" he said and I flinched. "That night, you showed everyone what you truly are. You are death."

I am not!

"Showed how very powerful you are!" he added proudly and drops of blood spilled from my hands, which were the cause of my claws digging the soft skin of my palm. This monster feeling proud of me is the last thing I want.

"Shut up! Just shut up!" I screeched aggressively, trying my best to refrain myself from touching him. If I touch him, then I will lose control and might probably do the same mistake I did before.

"Why? Because you cannot bear to hear the truth?" he remarked, raising a dark brow and I snarled fiercely. "Admit it Darya! You are just like me" he said leaning closer and I stepped back.

I so badly wanted Quillon to be here. He could have turned me deaf, so that I couldn't hear whatever cruel things Konrad was saying.

I am not like him.

I do not like destruction.

"Your gifts—" Konrad began and I looked away, "—So beautiful. Why do you keep hiding it? Show the world what you truly are. Show them what you can do to them when they disobey you" Konrad said, taking a step closer and I stepped back instinctively. "Show them how you can crush them without batting an eyelid" he said gleefully, raising his fist and my wolf jumped inside me in anger. "Show them how you can turn everything they call theirs, into dust" Konrad reminded and I flinched as he said that.

I very clearly remember threatening to turn Serene into dust on that hateful night.

"Show them their rightful place, which is beneath you" he stressed circling around me and my wolf clawed inside me. One more word and she would force me to shift.

I was on my personal edge. Right this minute, I couldn't take anymore.

"JOIN ME IN THIS FIGHT AND TOGETHER, WE WILL RULE THEM" Konrad proclaimed loudly.

Screaming in rage, I thrust my hand against his chest and pushed him far away from me. Konrad's back hit the nearest wall and as he slid to the ground, the wall clock fell beside him.

"JOIN WITH YOU?" I demanded, striding forward like a predator, hell bent on capturing its prey. "You?" I spat through gritted teeth. "A sick monster, who feeds on the blood of my own kind?"

"I do not feed on their blood Darya, I feed on their powers" he said standing up and I glared at him in apparent disgust. As if that makes it better!

"You are a monster. You are a stone and you want me to fight with you? What for?" I demanded, holding the collar of his black shirt and slamming him against the wall.

"We will be undefeatable" Konrad stated and I slammed my head against his nose, while my wolf desperately begged me to shift.

I wouldn't shift though because if I do, then the animal will take over and make things worse.

Konrad winced and curling my fingers to form a fist, I raised it and slammed it to his face. "Bastard" I hissed and Konrad growled lowly.

"You think I am going to help you? You are insane to think that. If you were dying and asking for water, I would have walked away from you. You deserve nothing from me. The only reason I am listening to your crap is because I have no option, but do not for even a second think that I will join you. In the fight, I will never be beside you. Never" I swore vehemently. "I will be the one who will be leading everyone against you. You are one pathetic monster and I will send you to hell, where others from your so called family are already waiting for you" I spat coldly and then shoving him against the wall, I walked away.

But because I was really very angry, I turned, twirled and then kicked him in the face.

Konrad growled loudly and I watched his fangs coming out.

"You shouldn't have done that" he said after sometime and I scoffed. Slowly, he wiped the dust from his cheeks and twisting his neck, he stood up. When he faced me, his eyes were so dark that it reflected the darkness within him and it made my heart pound in my chest.

"You really shouldn't have done that" Konrad said shaking his head and I shivered when one corner of his mouth tilted upwards.

"I was giving you an opportunity to join me" he asserted and my wolf bared her fangs.

"And if you ask me again, I will still take a pass" I countered harshly.

Konrad laughed a cold laugh that could chill anyone's bones. I don't know why but I was getting this really bad feeling that was making every nerve cell in my body uneasy. Sweat coated the corner of my forehead as Konrad twisted his neck, few more times, making the nerves in his neck crack.

"No. I will not ask you again" Konrad swore fiercely and the hair on the back of back of my neck, stood straight.

"This time I will force you to surrender to me" Konrad hissed and when I rushed to attack him, he punched me in the stomach, sending me flying against a wall. I groaned in pain when I fell to the ground.

Before I could stand up, Konrad caught my neck and slammed me against the wall. As his grip on my neck tightened, clenched my fists and punched him right on his ribcage. He stepped back and I punched harder, with more pressure.

While he raised his hands, I ducked and then swinging my leg, I kicked him in the shins making him lose balance and fall face first to the ground. Rolling over, I then slammed my elbow on the back of his head.

Konrad grunted and I stood up and coughed twice because my neck was hurting. That fucker had pressed it really hard.

Walking ahead, I picked up the first heaviest object, which was a glass paperweight and I threw it on his head, breaking it into pieces.

While Konrad got up, I had picked a wooden chair and before he could stand straight, I hit him with it, breaking it.

"Get up" I hissed coldly, when he lay panting on the floor. "Get up" I ordered and throwing my leg back, I kicked him in the same rib which I had punched earlier.

Slamming his hand on the floor, he got up and turned to face me. I was already prepared and so, I punched him in the face. However, before I could make another move to hit him, he held my wrist and twisting it, he wrapped an arm around my neck. Bending me backwards, he then threw me above the table thus breaking it.

It hurt like bitch because sharp edges of woods scraped my skin. Still, I threw the pieces away and stood up. This time, he was prepared and he punched me in the stomach. I fell on the floor and cried in pain.

I was dead sure that Quillon could feel my pain because my whole body was hurting very badly. The fall upon the wooden table was too much for me.

Konrad caught a fistful of my hair, forced me to stand up and before he could slam me against the wall, I scraped him in the stomach.

Unprepared for that, Konrad let me go and I dropped on my knees, while he held his stomach. Blood did ooze out from that cut, but it didn't drip to the floor.

Panting heavily, I stood up and then punched him in the rib. He winced and I punched harder. He winced again and I hit the same area again.

I was ready to break every bone of his body.

Like that, I hit him repeatedly on the same spot and cornered him against the wall. I guess it was really hurting Konrad because he wasn't really fighting me back. Once his back was pressed against the wall, I pulled my hand back and gritting my teeth, threw a powerful punch right below his chin.

Konrad dropped on the floor by the pressure and my wolf growled triumphantly.

Pulling my leg back, I was ready to kick him with full force when I heard a whimpering sound. I stopped and turned to look, to see where that sound came from.

I froze and my blood turned cold when I saw Lorcan's image on the wall. He was crying. His hands were tied above his head with a rope and he was being dangled just inches above a water tank.

I gasped and covered my mouth in horror when I saw the smoke trailing upwards from the water. It was hot water!

"Oh My God!" I wobbled and rushed ahead, but it was just a video being shown to me. The image... it was through a projector on a wall.

"Lorcan" I called out when I saw him crying painfully. He was sobbing desperately and I screamed loudly when someone lowered him so that he was just an inch above the water.

"No please... don't" I pleaded through teary eyes and slammed my hand against the same wall. I turned to look at Konrad, who was now leaning against the other wall and carelessly wiping his shirt.

"Let him go" I shouted and Konrad raised his head to smirk at me.

"I don't know it it's a live video" Konrad said and all the color drained from my face after hearing that.

For a while my heart stopped beating and the world stopped moving around me as I sightlessly stared at Konrad.

"I don't know... is it a live video Sanity?" Konrad asked and the lights turned on, when Sanity, who was standing at the upper floor of the warehouse switched them on. She then switched off the projector.

"I think it is" she smirked just as coldly as Konrad and then looked at me with a smug expression.

Relief washed over me and I closed my eyes as I felt my heart thumping in my chest.

"I will call Vincent and ask. He is the one shooting it" Sanity pronounced, watching me and when she got the desired reaction, which was me looking pale, she grinned widely.

"Ah! Yes. How can I forget Vincent? He has been so helpful" Konrad said and slowly realization sank in. Konrad had taken Vincent even before Lorcan and he baited me using Vincent. I now understood why Vincent's mom was calling me.

"Now, Darya. What are you going to do?" Konrad asked and as he took a step forward, I growled at him.

Konrad stopped, compressed his lips and shook his head. "You don't understand, do you?" he mused and my wolf barked furiously.

I couldn't even use my gifts because of the moon flower fragrance that now; Sanity had dropped all the way from upstairs. She had been like Konrad's contingent all this time.

"Let me show you, how beautiful I had set it up for you" he mused.

I was in a warehouse. But just not that warehouse. I was in another warehouse altogether.

I turned and the first thing I saw was Vincent standing like a statue and holding the camera. His eyes were dark and lifeless, which confirmed to me that Konrad had hypnotized him. The next thing I saw was Lorcan, who was in his black and white school uniform, being dangled above the steaming hot water. He was trying his best to keep his shoe clad foot off the water. His pretty little face had turned pink because of all the crying he had been doing for god knows how long.

"Mama... Papa... help me" he was sobbing and my eyes turned blurry due to tears. My body shook with sobs as I saw my baby bear.

My heart went out for him and sniffing, I rushed forward to help him. However, the moment I took a step forward, he was pushed lower. Lorcan screamed and I screamed louder when I saw who was letting the rope lose.

She, who gave birth to Lorcan, who would protect Lorcan against the whole world, was now being coerced to kill him.

"Sel" I screamed hoping she would hear me. Hoping she would stop. But she couldn't. "Sel, please stop" I cried helplessly.

Konrad had put her in his spell too and I dropped on my knees because I was feeling so helpless. I could do nothing for them because I didn't know where they were. I couldn't even send anyone to help them. Never before had I felt this helpless, this hopeless.

"Mama" Lorcan screeched and I saw Sel letting the rope drift from her fingers. Standing up, I rushed with inhumane speed.

My body touched something solid and I looked up to see it was Konrad. Growling murderously, I tried to hold him, but he moved away.

"Mama" Lorcan screamed again and I turned my head just in time to see Sel completely letting go off the rope and Lorcan dropping down to that tank of hot water, with a loud splash.

I fell on my knees in shock.

I just stared sightlessly as my body trembled in cold. My baby...

"That's what is going to happen to them if you do not give me what I want" Konrad said stepping forward and I looked at him.

My eyes widened and I gulped when I grasped that the what I had just seen was a illusion. Konrad showed me a picture of what is happening to them and my heart sank to my stomach as fear enveloped me.

Lorcan was alive.

Oh! Thank-God! He was alive. I tried to soothe myself and my wolf, who was trembling in fear.

"Let him go. He is a child" I cried wiping my tears and Konrad, smirked at me. However, he didn't utter a word. "Let Lorcan go" I said again.

"Why should I?" an all too familiar voice asked and I turned my head to my right, where Konrad was standing. I turned to my left and there, another Konrad was standing.

His clone.

"Why should I?" Konrad asked and this time as I looked the clone was gone.

"Why should I let them go?" Konrad demanded and I stared at him through lifeless eyes.

I no longer knew what illusion was and what was real. I no longer knew if Sel, Lorcan and Vicent were alive or not.

Konrad had them. He was torturing them or might have already tortured and killed them... I didn't really know. However for me and my wolf, all of it was too much to bear.

He was hurting them because of me. He wanted me and because I wouldn't surrender, he was punishing the people I love.

I couldn't watch it. Couldn't watch these three getting hurt. Couldn't bear the thought of anyone else getting hurt. Couldn't bear to lose anyone else I love. I didn't know the fate of Sel, Lorcan and Vincent but I knew I couldn't let Konrad hurt others I love.

"Please, let them go" I pleaded, shattering my own pride. What price pride when those whom you love are in danger?

"Please don't hurt anyone" I said and then lowered my head. Placing a stone over my heart, I uttered the next words, "I will do whatever you want, but please don't hurt them" I said and closed my eyes to let the tears roll down my cheek.

Everyone I love, starting from Quillon and followed by others images flashed in my mind and I recalled how happy I was with them. I couldn't lose even one of them. They were my family.

I could kill for them and I could also die for them. But I couldn't watch them suffer because of me.

He knew how much I loved them and he was using the same feeling against me. He was making them my weakness. But what else could one expect from a cold, stone like Konrad?

"Now, that is what I wanted to hear" Konrad taunted and my wolf dropped down inside me because she never felt this helpless. I was totally at his mercy because I could do nothing.

He was stopping me from using my gifts and he also kidnapped those I loved. If I try to hurt him, then I would lose everything.

However, if I did join him, then ... a tiny hope sparkled inside me and it was what made me take this huge decision.

"You see Darya, I am not all bad" Konrad said and I flinched. He wasn't bad. He was evil.

"I am prepared to reason. I am prepared to negotiate" Konrad continued, walking until he was standing right beside me, where I was kneeling on the ground, with my head lowered.

"You give me your surrender and I will not kill that boy" he said and knowing Lorcan was alive, brought some relief to me, but it didn't last long because Sel and Vincent were still under his control.

However, what kept me going was the tiny hope that I had. Even then I didn't know it was enough or if it would save those whom I love.

"Are you surrendering to me Darya?" Konrad asked in a gentle voice, but the victorious feeling was clearly engraved in it.

I didn't reply. I just nodded, staring at the ground.

I didn't know what else to do. I couldn't fight him, at least not until I knew for sure Sel, Lorcan and Vincent were safe. I didn't know and Konrad wouldn't tell me either.

He was a coward because he was using my love for my family, against me. He was forcing me to surrender to him, just like he said he would.

"Then look at me" he commanded, holding my chin between his index and thumb finger. Slowly, my head tilted backwards as he forced me to look up.

"Look at me" Konrad said smoothly and gulping, I closed my eyes to let the final drops of tears trail down my cheek.

Sniffing, I slowly raised my lashes and met Konrad's mint green eyes. The triumphant look in his face, in his eyes could have been visible even to a blind.

I stared at him hatred and that made him grin.

"So beautiful" Konrad murmured looking at my crimson eyes and I swallowed audibly. His thumb slowly traced my lower lip and I trembled as my wolf whined painfully inside me.

She felt horrible and no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't connect with Quillon.

"You are my weapon" Konrad said and then his eyes darkened.

I didn't take my eyes off his. I just looked at his eyes and I felt my wolf being pushed off to one corner of my mind as dark forces ruled it.

"Destroy everything" was my master's command.

****

Haha, hope you like it :D

What do you think will happen next?

Next update on 13Th February. I really hope I can complete the story before March 31st!

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

Thanks :-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 5K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
394K 9.8K 17
I smelt something calming, like the smell of rain and vanilla and suddenly, a guy came in charging at Gabriel. Gabriel didn't have any time to react...
115K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
108K 3.7K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...