Dark And Dangerous Howls(Book...

By AlaynaGlover

I ran deep into the forest, it once again swallowing me. Once I thought I was deep enough, I slowed to a walk... More

Howl
Chapter 1:New School and Old Enemies...
Chapter 2: Meeting You
Chapter 3: Bittersweet Memories
Chapter 4: Forgeting and Remembering...
Chapter 5:"...Hello Little Red."
Chapter 6:Burn It Down
Chapter 7:Heritage
Chapter 8:Jewls
Chapter 9: Apologize
Chapter 10: The Man Who Can't Be Moved
Chapter 11: Claimed
Update!
Yes, another update!
Chapter 13

Chapter 12: Meeting In The Woods

73 3 0
By AlaynaGlover

Recap:

"G-Guys. I-uh have something to tell you." I said nervously as I sat down next to Derek. Why do you smell different? Derek asked through our mind link. I just looked at him and took a deep breath. "What's up cousin?" Austin asked looking at me worriedly. I glanced at Tyler and silently prayed that he would understand. "I-I have to tell you that I-..." I sighed and looked into my brother's dark eyes.

"I'm mated." I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a moment, everything was still. Nobody moved and I held my breath as I awaited their reactions. Then it was as if an explosion went off. "You what?!" Tyler roared, his body shaking. "You heard me." I mumbled as I lowered my head, suddenly finding the cream carpet very interesting. I heard a growl and then a ripping of clothes. I dared to take a peak and I gasped when I saw that Tyler had shifted. "Tyler I-" I began as I took a step towards him, but stopped and winced when he growled at me. I sighed and looked back down as he ran and jumped through the window, shattering it into a million little pieces.

"Well, that went well." Derek mumbled as he stared at the shattered window before looking at me. "Hey, everything will be okay." He said as he walked around the glass and to me. "Look at me." He said lightly as he gripped my chin and tilted my head up. I hesitantly obeyed and as I looked into my brother's brown eyes, I could see how wise he was and how caring he was.

"What am I going to do, Derek?" I sighed as tears began to cascade down my face. "You're not going to do anything." I heard Austin say as I turned my head towards him. "You shouldn't have to; He's your brother, he should be taking care of you and be happy that you found your mate- Not be angry at it all."

"Austin's right." Jewls stood up next to him and looked into his eyes. "I couldn't imagine anyone being upset with me being mated to Austin, let alone a family member." She broke her gaze with him and looked directly at me. "No matter what, I got your back." I looked at all of them and smiled gratefully. "Thanks." They all smiled back.

"Well," He began to walk towards the glass, "We better start cleaning this up." I sighed as Jewls announced she was going to call someone to repair it. With a slight weight lifted from my shoulders, I began to help clean up the shattered glass.

It was around three in the morning and I was staring at the ceiling, when I heard the door open and close. I was up because my wolf was restless without her mate. As I heard quiet footsteps come up the stairs, Tyler's scent wafted through my bedroom door which was closed. I heard them come down the hallway and then suddenly stop at my door. Not wanting to talk to him at the moment, I turned my body to away from the door, closed my eyes, and slowed my breathing to make it seem as if I was asleep.

I heard the creak of my doorknob turning and the door opening before I heard my brother's light footsteps walk towards my bed. The bed lent in next to me where I presumed he sat down. I could smell the sweat mixed with the musk of the forest that seemed to take over my room. I gripped the soft fabric of my bed sheets, resisting the urge to hug my brother as he stroked my hair gently.

"What am I going to do with you, Rose?" he muttered to himself.

He stayed there, just stroking my hair as he got lost in his own world for a few minutes before sighing and standing up. I heard his footsteps retreating to the door and only pause for a second to hear the door opening and closing.

What in the world am I going to do?

I woke up to a bright light shining through my eyelids. With a moan, I opened my eyes and grimaced, immediately brought a hand up to cover my face. I turned my head, intending to go back to sleep, when I saw the clock.

8:12

I cursed under my breath and sprung out of bed.  I ran to my bathroom and quickly undressed. I turned on the shower and gasped when the cold water hit my body. I bathed my body quickly and decided to brush my teeth while I was in there. I turned around and lost my footing, but caught myself before I could fall on my face. I regained my balance before finishing bathing.

I turned the shower of and ran back to my room, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around myself on the way. Tucking it in above my heart, I walked quickly to my dresser and pulled the drawer open, looking for my outfit of the day.

I decided to 'up it a little bit', as my friend, Scarlet would say. Scarlet...I haven't seen her in forever., I thought as I picked out a blood red tank top. I should visit her soon. I decided as I pulled out a pair of ripped denim shorts and some underwear. I quickly slipped everything on and then made my way to my closet where I picked out a pair of red four-inch heels. It had crisscross, gold studded straps in front and layered fringes as well. I smiled and slid them on. After getting used to walking and running around in them, I flew down the stairs, pulling my hair into a high ponytail.

 "Come on guys! Wake up! We have to go to school!" I yelled as I walked into the kitchen. I walked towards the pantry and pulled it open, looking for something to eat. I smiled happily as I spotted a granola bar. I grabbed it and turned around, only to drop it and scream as Derek smiled victoriously at me. I cursed under my breath as I picked up the bar and sent him a playful glare.

"Why did you call us down here so early?" Austin grudged through the door, holding Jewls hand. His hair was facing all directions and his eyes were only half open. Jewls on the other hand had her hair up in a loose bun and looked wide awake. They both stopped as they reached the counter and Austin looked me up and down, a confused expression plastered on his face.

"What?" I asked stuffing the granola bar into my mouth. "Why are you dressed like that?" He asked. I could feel the heat began to rise to my cheeks as I looked down. "I just wanted to look a little more-" "She wanted to look good for Cassy boy." Jewls smirked at me.

"Oh, really?" Derek looked at me, smiling his goofy smile. "Oh, shut up guys!" I flustered as my eyes caught site of the clock above the kitchen sink. "We have to go!" I yelled as I grabbed my bag and ran towards the door. "Why?" I heard Austin yell. "Because of school!" I yelled back. And just as my hand turned the knob, I heard Austin yell, "It's Saturday!"

I froze and wondered if I heard him correctly. "Did he say...?" I turned around and began to walk back to the kitchen. I peeked my head around the door and looked at them confused. "Did you say it was Saturday?" They all nodded, holding back laughter. I growled and shot them a glare for laughing at me, which caused them to all burst out laughing.

"You guys," I stomped over and grabbed a spoonful of Derek's cereal, "are complete," and threw a spoonful at each of them before smiling victoriously, "jerks." I walked back towards the front door and stepped out into the sun, it's rays shining of my skin as I walked towards the woods.

I walked for awhile, trying not to think of the situation with Tyler. After about an hour, my feet were aching, sore, getting blisters and just plain downright hurting from walking in these high heels on uneven ground. I reached down and ripped each of them off of my foot. As I held them in my hands, I looked at the heels Derek gave to me last Christmas. You know what I thought as I threw them into the woods? Why the hell did he buy these for me!? These things hurt like hell! That was, before I realized how much those cost and ran back to get them.

I looked around the bush and smiled when I saw the pair. I reached down to grab them, when I heard a threatening growl from behind me. I whipped my head around to see what-or who it was, but tilted my head in confusion when I saw no one. I quickly bent down, grabbed my heels, and turned back around, hold the pair in one hand.

Rose, what's wrong? Castiel's voice invaded my mind, bringing a ghost of a smile to my face. Nothing, just thought I heard something. I told him calmly as I scoped the place with my eyes. I tilted my nose up and took in a deep breath. A mix of scents came rushing to me. The thick must of the forest, the light tint of mint from a rushing stream nearby. Must have had leaves fall into it, no doubt. I thought for a second before I smelt something-something out of place. '

I bent my head low before realization sat in- sending a trickle of fear down my spine. You're such an idiot, Rose! I thought to myself. I felt my nerves kick in full gear as I looked around for the others. I knew I had to find someway to tell them I wasn't a threat-if they were nice, I can tell them I'm not a rouge and didn't mean to trespass.

Rose, where are you?! I fell your emotions now, remember? I know your in trouble and need some help! Castiel roared, causing me to cringe and make my hands shoot up to my head. Look, I don't know where I am, but I started from my house and went North.  I walked for awhile. After that, I don't know which way I went. Just follow my scent. I instructed as I dared to open one eye.

A gasp escaped my mouth as I saw a medium size, dark brown wolf walking towards me. My wolf began to take over as I dropped the heels and immediately went into a defense position. I crouched down slightly, bending my knees and bared my teeth, a defensive growl slipping through. And hurry. I whimpered to Castiel.

Sparks of fear kept shooting through my body, but I made sure I didn't show it. The wolf came to a halt and stared at me with curious eyes. I sniffed the air. Female. Beta. My age. A rush of information sparked through my mind as she sniffed the air as well. She began to walk around me, her dark brown eyes never leaving mine. She suddenly stopped and looked behind me. I spun my head around and smiled as I saw Castiel's black wolf slowly walk out behind a large bush, growling at the Beta. He looked at me and his eyes instantly softened. He looked me up and down, searching for any signs that I was harmed. Once satisfied, he came and stood right in front of me and growled.

Are you alright? He asked. I nodded even though he couldn't see me. Yes, I'm okay. I sighed as I looked over him. He always seemed to take my breath away. The way the light seemed to dance across his black fur, how I could always be hypnotized by his stormy grey eyes, and the way he looks at me, as if I was the most beautiful thing on earth. Only because it's true, my dear. He teased as he peaked behind him to glance at me, a ghost of a smile appearing.

This seemed to catch the attention of the wolf and she thought for a moment before barking at us-wanting our attention. We snapped our heads towards her and she motioned with her head for us to follow her. Castiel and I looked at each other and I somehow convinced him to follow her.

We walked for about fifty minutes before another wolf came, this one only little bit taller that Castiel. He had the same black fur as Castiel, only it's was a couple shades lighter. I looked the wolf over before breathing in. Alpha. I thought as Castiel glanced at me. He's an Alpha, Rose. Be careful. His voiced floated through mine, concern clear in it. I'll keep that in mind.

I looked the Alpha up and down, sizing him up and desperately trying to remember the way back home. His gaze caught mine and I froze in place. He had blue eyes that had a light green tint to it. I've never seen anything like them. He broke our gaze by looking at, what I assumed was his Beta. They seemed to be having a conversation, occasionally glancing our way.

After five minutes, the Alpha went behind a tree. You could only here some rustling before a man stepped out of the tree's and stood before us, wearing only a pair of blue jeans. He had black hair that seemed to fall just right, a five o'clock shadow, high cheek bones, and the same hypnotizing eyes. As for his body- the goddess took her time with him. All in all, he was very handsome.

And very intimidating. I thought as he radiated power, confidence, and...danger. Much like someone I know. I smiled at Castiel who only smirked back, knowing full well it was true. The Alpha turned to the brown wolf and handed her some clothes. "Go change." He commanded, his deep voice echoing back and forth through the trees. She took the clothes into her jaws and nodded before running behind a thick tree.

A minute or so later, a girl with long, curly, dark brown hair and matching eyes came back. She had high, prompt cheek bones, small, but plump and elegant lips, and a long elated nose. She wore a sleeveless, blue jean jacket, a black tank top, and a pair of blue jean shorts. She held her head high with pride and confidence as she stood next to her Alpha.

"You," he pointed to Castiel, who slightly growled in response, "Please go change." He asked lightly, but you could still hear the command to it as he handed Castiel a pair of blue jeans and boxers. He looked up at me with concern. I'll be fine. I smiled lightly as I ran my hand through his fur. He looked at the pair and hesitantly turned around and went behind a tree. In less than a minute, he was walking back out, head held high and walked to me, pulling me into his arms and kissing the top of my head. I closed my eyes for a brief moment, enjoying the feeling of butterflies in my stomach as I wrapped my hands around him, but quickly opened my eyes as I remembered the situation we were in.

"My name is Castiel Blood, and you are on my land." His voiced boomed. Your land? I questioned. Yes, my land. There is still much of it you haven't seen. He pulled me tighter. I guess you'll have to show me it so I know the lands I will own as well. I teased and a ghost of a smile appeared on my face as his heart beat jumped slightly. Oh, believe me, I plan to. He teased back.

"Why are you here?" he demanded. "My apologies, Alpha Castiel." he bowed his head in respect. "We were just passing through. You see, we have to relocate some other pack members because of hunters. We've been traveling for weeks, and we need a place to rest for a few nights. Just until we gather our strength back, and then we'd be on our way." Did I hear him right? I asked myself. "Did you say hunters?" I asked, a slight trickle of fear coming through me. The Alpha nodded. I looked at Castiel and thought for a moment.

I slipped out of Castiel's warm arms and stood face to face with the Alpha, my eyes never leaving his. "What's your name?" I questioned as I sized him up again. "I'm Alpha Zack of the Blue Moon pack and this lady right here," he gestured with his head towards the brown haired girl, "is my Beta, Jamie." I took a step back and looked at him questionably. For some reason, he looked familiar. "Well, Alpha Zack and Beta Jamie, my name is Rose and my brother, Tyler, is Alpha in the next territory. We have plenty of room, so why don't you stay with us?" I suggested. He looked over at Jamie for a second before looking back at me and nodding

No. Castiel's voiced instantly stated in my mind. I turned around and barked out a laugh while looking at him like he was insane. Yes, I stated back, This gives me a reason to speak with my brother. This could help immensely with my relationship with him. And, I stepped closer to Castiel, it's not as if you won't come see me. I smiled seductively. His eyes widened as he began to smile back. Oh, you can count on that. He chuckled.

I looked back and asked Alpha Zack how many? He said about ten, the majority of them were children. I nodded, understanding  what was left unsaid. "Let me go talk to my brother. Go gather up everyone and start heading north. Follow my scent and head west. From there, it should be easy to find our pack house." I instructed, making sure he got every detail I said. "Thank you." He nodded.

And with that, Castiel and I walked back into the forest. We walked behind a tree and undressed, folding the clothes before shifting. I first grabbed the clothes before somehow managing to get the strap of each high heel into my slacked jaw. He shifted into his black wolf and had me hypnotized for a moment. He smirked at me before grabbing the clothes and taking off. Better catch up, love. His melodic voice rang. I sighed happily before following him.

~~~~~~~~~

HEY EVERYONE!!!!! I'm back!!!! Sorry for the long wait, I've been busy with family, trailer making, etc. So again, SUPER DUPER SORRY. Anyway, the pic to the side is of Jamie and Alpha Zack! OMG! It's Troian Bellisario and Matt Bomer! Love her and he's SO hot!!!! So, I'm trying to get back on schedule with writing and everything so hopefully I'll have another one up soon! Bye!

And don't forget to

COMMENT

VOTE

AND FAN!!!

*****FIRST COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION!******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...