The Shy Wolf

By CosmicStories

I'm a 17-year-old teenager who's been bullied his whole life because of who I am. Nobody gives a shit; not ev... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Five

1.2K 41 4
By CosmicStories

I ran my fingers through my hair. This is the first time after two years that I would be entering Astrid's home.

I swallowed nervously, stepping inside after Astrid, who shut the door behind us. She looked around quickly before facing me. "My Uncle and Aunt won't be home for a while. Let's get you settled in."

I hesitated, before hastily following Astrid upstairs to her room. It was pretty much the same as it was two years ago. A double bed in the corner, two desks, one for working on and one with her computer.

A wardrobe and a chest of draws, another door which lead to the bathroom.

"Tidy, as usual," was all I said, getting a punch on the shoulder for it.

"Shut up, Haddock."

I lay down on the bed, throwing my bag on the floor. I covered my face with my hands, groaning. I felt the bed dip as Astrid sat next to me.

"What's wrong?" I pulled my hands away.

"The one time I actually need to talk to my Father, he goes on his stupid business trips. He's going to be gone longer than two months, I'll say that."

I ran my hand over my face. "This day just keeps getting better and better."

"Harry," Astrid said, "why don't you just call him to tell him what happened?"

"Because he won't listen!" I snapped but immediately regretted it as I saw Astrid wince. I sighed heavily. "Fine. But not today. I'll do it tomorrow or something."

Astrid just nodded, getting up and heading to her wardrobe. She opened it, rummaging around for something. Her top had slightly slipped up and exposed some of her stomach. I looked away quickly, my cheeks brightening.

Something hit me in the face. I stared down at my lap to see a pair of sweat pants and a tank top suitable for both genders. This wasn't my exact choice of clothes to sleep in.

I thanked Astrid anyway, placing them beside me. I must admit, I'm kinda glad Astrid asked me if I wanted to stay. Maybe our friendship would be fixed ... hopefully. I didn't particularly want to jinx it.

I stared at the window. Astrid had an amazing view. It was of the countryside and when the sun began to set, the light would loom over the hills and into Astrid's room.

I smiled to myself. I looked back at Astrid who had changed into some joggers and a t-shirt. I missed her, and honestly, I think I had feelings for her. I mean, I think I still do, but I'm not entirely sure.

Ever since she left, I've been confused with myself. I don't know what I'm supposed to feel anymore but I did know this; the feelings for Astrid were still there, and they were getting stronger by the minute.

Her door barged open. "Astrid!" I turned my head to see her brother, Ryan, standing in the doorway. He didn't even notice me as he walked into the room.

"Where's my phone?" Ryan demanded. God, he wasn't very polite, was he. I could just punch him right now.

"I don't know!" Astrid snapped. "I don't care either, now get out of my room!" Ryan huffed, storming out and slamming the door shut.

Astrid groaned irritability. "Sorry about him."

I waved it off. "It's fine, no problem."

"ASTRID!" I heard Ryan yell.

Astrid rolled her eyes and went to see what the problem was.

I took this chance, quickly changing into the clothes Astrid provided me with.

"You little twat!" Astrid shouted.

I widened my eyes slightly. I'm just gonna leave them to have their 'family argument'.

I just hope, however this ends, that me and Astrid will be friends again. I know we're never going to be more than that because of who she is currently dating.

My cousin.

In my opinion, Scott doesn't treat Astrid the way he should be treating her. I mean, he orders her around, I've seen him with other girls at school plus I think he's trying to get to Ruff.

But, how was I supposed to tell Astrid when we weren't even friends?

I honestly did try but, of course, Scott would push me out of the way.

My head snapped up as I heard voices enter the room. It was Astrid and Ryan. Astrid was pouting as she glared at the floor while Ryan was smirking triumphantly.

I stood up, an amused grin on my face. "What's happened?"

Ryan laughed. "She finally told me who her cru-"

Astrid's hand slapped onto his mouth, silencing him. "Me and my dearest brother have made an agreement."

I nodded, gesturing for her to carry on. "As long as you're here, I have to be as nice as possible to him."

"So," I said, "you've got to be nice to him so he doesn't spill your secret to me?"

Astrid nodded, taking her hand from Ryan's mouth. "Exactly."

I shrugged. "This is going to end well," I said as Ryan left the room once again.

I turned to my bag and shoved my clothes into it. I dropped it on the floor, falling face first, onto Astrid's bed.

She jumped down next to me as I rolled onto my back. As our arms grazed, my skin went all numb.

OK, I definitely like her ... there's no doubt about that.

I turned my head to look at her. She had let her hair loose so it fell around her shoulders. I was fighting the urge to run my fingers through it.

I bit my lip as hard as I could to stop myself from reaching over to her hair.
Instead I took my glasses off and held them in my hand. I blinked slowly and when I opened my eyes, Astrid's head was hovering above me.

I could feel my legs starting to shake. "Can I help you?"

Astrid sighed. "Probably not." She sat up. "Can I ask you something?"

I sat up rubbing my leg, attempting to cover the shaking. "Anything." I said, glancing at her.

"Say you liked - no, loved - someone, but you're dating someone else, what would you do?" This is the exact situation I had while I was dating Heather.

"Well," I started, "I decided to spend an even amount of time with both of them to see who I prefer." It was obviously Astrid. "It's someone who you can be yourself with, someone who always makes you nervous when you see them."

Astrid nodded slowly, staring at the floor. I wonder, did she love someone else? I mean, I can't how she loves Scott, (if she does anyway). In my opinion, that is clearly impossible.

"Why did you ask?" I questioned.

"Never mind, I was just ... thinking."

Astrid was lying, but, I wasn't going to push her for an answer. She brushed her hair behind her ear, like she did when she was agitated.

"So, can we go ... go to sleep now?" I stammered.

Astrid looked annoyed but she nodded.

"I'll take the floor," I mumbled, sliding off the bed.

Astrid patted the bed. When I looked up, she was already under the covers. "Come on, we always used to - "

" - Sleep in the same bed together ... " I remembered. Okay, it wasn't a brilliant reply, but, I was getting more nervous by the minute.

Astrid managed a smile. "Come on," she whined. I groaned, gradually getting to my feet. I was going to regret this.

Astrid slid near the edge of the bed as I scrambled over her. Just like we used to when we were younger, I slept nearest the wall. Don't ask why, it was just our 'thing'. We were best friends. Now we're strangers ... hopefully we can fix that.

I slid under the covers. Warmth spread throughout my body, to the tips of my fingers. Astrid chucked me a spare pillow, in case I needed it.

We locked eyes. For a moment, I saw flashbacks of us when we were younger, having fun. I blinked them away.

"Good night Astrid," I whispered.

"Ditto Haddock." Astrid rolled onto her side, her back facing me. As soon as she was asleep, I closed my eyes.

And I had a nightmare ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.2K 1.5K 53
The world has been corrupted. A man who experienced it first-hand vowed to cure it. Even if he has to become a cold-hearted monster to achieve it. No...
25.9K 332 29
Hiccup was bed teased and bullied by almost everyone during his first year of high school BUT something happens to him during the spring break and he...
141K 3.9K 13
(This story takes place in the first movie, also Astrid is gender-bent into Arrow.) You were always the outcast of the village. You never talked to a...
166K 3.4K 27
Hiccup and Astrid where once old friends at the age of 6 years, what happens one day after 9 years of not talking to each other, hiccup has enough of...