Who Will I Be?

By xosugarcookiexo

Lizzie Jonas is part of McKinley High's New Directions. She has a blast, even though her two older brothers N... More

Who Will I Be?
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen- Part 1
Chapter Sixteen- Part 2
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen- Part 1
Chapter Eighteen- Part 2

Chapter Five

1.8K 32 3
By xosugarcookiexo

This is the last chapter of this story focusing on 'Duets'! Next is 'Never Been Kissed'!!

--------------------------------------------------------Chapter Five-------------------------------------------------------------

Lizzie P.O.V.

"Wait, Mr. Shue BRIBED you to come into Glee Club?" I asked, giggling.  

Finn nodded as he sipped his coffee and laughed, "Yes! I swear!"  

I laughed along with him. We were at the Lima Bean in a booth all the way in the back, just in case one of Joe's friends comes in. Sheet music was spread all around the table as our coffees stayed a safe distance from them, but we haven't really been talking about music. Finn and I were just having random conversations..and I was loving every minute of it! From the look on Finn's face, it looked like he was enjoying it too. If I hadn't seen him and Rachel have a little dispute in the parking lot, I would've had no idea it had happened. The boy was glowing with happiness! Maybe this wasn't there first fight...  

"So...your brothers." He waited, snapping me back to reality.  

I sighed, "Right...you want to hear that story."  

Finn just smiled a huge smile and nodded. Now, who can resist that face? I was about to launch into the painful story when the little bell in the doorway jingled and out of the corner of my eye...Joe and his posse' appeared. Oh God. What are they doing here?! Shouldn't they be throwing someone in the trash can? Or tormenting freshman?! I shot a quick glance over to get a good look. The group included Joe, Karofsky, Matt, and Dylan. Nick was in the back dragging everyone's backpack in, I couldn't help but feel a little bad for him. I shook the thoughts from my head. I have been slushied, thrown into a dumpster, and tripped for most of my high school career. Did Nick even show a little compassion or try to stop them? No. Finn looked in my direction and produced a silent gasp.  

"Oh jeez, I forgot today was "Coffee and Study Day"." He said, looking over at the group.  

I raised and eyebrow, "Study day?"  

"Well, more like 'Cheat Day'. I used to be apart of this, but now I actually DO my work."

I giggled, but it slowly faded away. Joe's group was waiting in line for coffee as they stood around and talked. I turned to Finn.  

"Let's take the back door by the bathroom to get out of here." I said, collecting some sheet music/=  

Finn nodded, collecting papers as well, "Good plan. We can go to my house for reherse, no one should be home yet."  

I put the sheet music in my folder as we both collected our stuff and silently made our way to the back door. I took one more glance towards them as they all grabbed their coffees, completely oblivious to me and Finn.  

Perfect.    

 XXX  

 "I'm home!"  

 I kicked my converse off at the door and put my bag down. Finn and I pulled our ninja moves and snuck out of the Lima Bean without getting noticed by Joe or his idiotic friends. We went back to his house and hung out in his and Kurt's shared basement room. Luckily, Kurt wasn't home so he couldn't listen in on our reahersal...or spy on us to see if his wish would come true and we would just spontaneously make-out. Trust me, he would do that.  

Thankfully, Finn didn't ask me about my brothers when we got to his house. We actually spent the time going through songs and we got one! We decided on the Fleetwood Mac song Go Your Own Way, it isn't orignally a duet but we broke it down to the normal duet format. We even 'upped' the performance by having Finn play the drums! Yep, we're so going to win! I walked into the kitchen to see my mom talking on the phone while my dad finished up cooking the ravolis. Joe and Nick sat on the breakfast bar texting.  

"How was shopping?" Mom asked, hanging up the phone.  

I smiled, "Good."

"Where's your bags?" Joe asked, giving me a look.  

 Crap. Finn and I didn't think about that part. It was rare that I would come home from a shopping trip and not have bought anything, especially with the way my friends shop. I swear, half of the clothes in my closet are things Kurt and Mercedes have bought FOR me.   

"I didn't really find anything, Quinn and I just spent most of our time talking and walking. Neither of us bought anything."  

Mom and Dad found this an acceptable answer while Joe and Nick whispered something to each other. Joe then gave me a look that just READ "I know you're lying".  

Oh no.  

 XXX  

 "Kurt, that was amazing!" I smiled, climbing onto the stage of the auditorium.  

It was the next morning and Kurt just finished performing his share of duets...even though he just did it himself. He sang 'Le Jazz Hot' from the Julie Andrews' movie 'Victor/Victoria' and he pulled it off perfectly! I hugged him, feeling the glitter from the white side of his tuxedo coming onto my own outfit. He smiled at me.  

"Thanks, Lizzie! But, I'm sorry that you're going to lose to me." He said in a joking tone.  

I jokingly sighed, "Oh Kurtsie, you're in for a shock this afternoon."  

Kurt laughed. "What song are you and Finn doing anyway?"  

He started wiping off some of the makeup off and took off his fake mustache and eyelashes. I stiffled a laugh as he held back a squeal from ripping the fake 'stache off of his lip.  

"Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac. It's not a duet but we fixed it up to be one." I smiled.

Kurt motioned to my outfit, "That explains your little rocker look." He smiled.  

I looked down at my outfit. I was wearing black ripped skinny jeans and a black shirt with a white buttoned up vest. I also had on boots, something I was never used to. It was going to be intresting walking up and down the stairs today. Kurt changed out of his costume and into his normal school outfit. We were talking about the new fashion line for winter coming up and-  

Slam  

I was pushed side first into a set of lockers. My arm felt all tingly as I worked to regain balance, I felt someone holding me and I looked up to see Kurt trying to help me. He looked concerned a little angry. Once I was standing straight up again Kurt turned to the boys...Joe and Karofsky. Tears started burning behind my eyes, I know Joe hates me...but he hates me enough to push me into lockers?  

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Kurt screamed at the boys.  

Joe laughed, "Look, it's the man lady screaming for his lesbain partner."  

"You can pick on me all you want, just leave Lizzie the hell ALONE." Kurt yelled, ignoring Joe's insult.  

 Joe and Karofsky looked at each other with smirks on their faces. They walked closer to Kurt and put one finger on his chest as they gave out their threat.  

"Fine, we'll leave Lizzie alone. But you, we're just getting started." Karofsky smiled as Joe nodded along.  

Kurt stood his ground but his eyes read 'fear'. The two walked away as I walked towards Kurt, he didn't say a word but just grabbed my hand and started walking. I decided to do the talking.  

"Kurt, you shouldn't have done that! They're now going to treat you worse than me!"  

He looked over at me, "I wasn't going to let them pick on you like that!"  

"I would've been fine. I deal with them at home too."  

 Kurt pulled me aside and stood in front of me. "Exactly. You deal with them at home, I just want school to be the ONE place you can go to that you feel a little bit safer."  

 "But, what about you?"  

 Kurt grinned, "I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."  

I smiled at my best friend. "Thank you."  

 Kurt smiled and engulfed me into a hug, "You're welcome."  

 XXX 

No P.O.V.  

 Nick watched from a distance as Karofsky pushed Lizzie into a set of lockers. Her binders tumbled onto the ground as her right side stayed pressed up agantist the lockers. He couldn't beleive it, what kind of sicko brother lets her sister get pushed into lockers? Nick gulped, he is.  

 "What the hell is wrong with you?!" Kurt yelled after he helped Lizzie get back on balance.  

Nick felt ashamed. Here was one of Lizzie's friends helping her and not him, her own brother. As Kurt argrued with Joe and Dave, Nick glanced over at Lizzie. She leaned agantist the lockers, her eyes glimmering from the tears that were threatening to come out. He knows what Joe and him to do her is terrible, but he had never seen emotion over it. It really did upset her. Nick was about to head over, but the little quaffle broke up before he had the chance.   No use now, he thought to himself.    Nick turned the opposite direction and walked away.  

XXX

 Lizzie P.O.V.  

 "So freaking charming."  

I heard Santana say from behind me as Quinn and Sam finished up their duet. They sang the Jason Mraz song 'Lucky' and, I have to say, it was charming! The two looked like the cutest couple I have ever seen.

Mr. Shue clapped along with everyone else as he made his way back to the front of the room.  

"Great job, Sam and Quinn!"  We all cheered again. "So, who's next?"  

I raised my hand, "Finn and I are ready."  

"Awesome! Show us what you got." Mr. Shue smiled.  

 Finn jumped down from behind me and went to the drum kit as I grabbed a microphone stand. We didn't need it, but we decided it would add more character to the performance. I set it up then turned to the class.  

"We'll be singing the Fleetwood Mac song 'Go Your Own Way'. It's not orignally a duet, but we made it to be one."  

Finn smiled from the kit, "It was a lot of fun."  

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Rachel giving me a death glare. She would twist a light, cute statement into that. I pushed her out of my mind and pointed towards Finn and the band to start playing.  

*No P.O.V.*   

 Normal- Lizzie

Bold- Finn

Italics- Both

Loving you

Is it the right thing to do?

How can I ever change things

That I feel?

If I could

Maybe I'd give you my world

How can I

When you won't take it from me  

Finn smiled as he banged on the drums and watched Lizzie. Her voice sounded like an angel's, even with this rock song. Her eyes sparkled as she continued to sing, proving that she had a love for performing. Finn just had to say, she looked pretty hot.  

You can go your own way

Go your own way

You can call it

Another lonely day

(Another lonely day) You can go your own way

Go your own way

Tell me why

Everything turned around

Packing up

Shacking up's all you wanna do

If I could

Baby I'd give you my world

Open up

Everything's waiting for you

Ohhhh  

Lizzie smiled as Finn carried the next verse. She played with the mic stand and even did some moves that Mercedes taught her. As Finn sang, he looked at Lizzie and gave her a little half smile that just made her melt. Lizzie smiled back then faced the crowd again, a glare from Rachel stood out from the crowd. Lizzie ignored it and continued singing.

You can go your own way

Go your own way

You can call it

Another lonely day

(Another lonely day) You can go your own way

go your own way

*drums and guitar*  

 By this point, everyone in the club was standing up and dancing with the people next to them. Lizzie and Finn shot a smile at each other, knowing that they had this competition in the bag. Lizzie started dancing around Finn's drum kit as he laughed. She held out to his shoulder as she sang the next note.

Heyyyy!  

You can go your own way

Go your own way

You can call it

Another lonely day (Another lonely day)

You can go your own way

go your own way

You can call it

Another lonely day

Ohhhhhhhhhhh!

You can go your own way...

Call it another lonely day...

you can go your own way...  

Lizzie P.O.V.  

I held the last note for the apporiate time then put the microphone to my hip. Everyone clapped and cheered as I giggled and took a little bow. Finn got up from behind his kit and walked over to me as I put the microphone back onto the stand. Mr. Shue clapped as he came down to us.  

"Amazing job, guys! Great job creating a solo song into a duet! How did you do it?"  

When I was just about to explain, the bell rang. Everyone's attention went away from Finn and I as they started to collect their stuff to go on for the rest of the day. Mr. Shue sighed.  

"Alright, tomorrow we will announce the winners! See ya all tomorrow!"  

 Finn turned to me with a smile on his face, "We did it!"  

"Well...I think we did. I mean, if we won or not." I smiled.  

Finn laughed, "Yeah, I-"FINN."  

We both turned to see Rachel standing in the doorway of the choir room. Her nails tapped on the door frame as the other students passed by her, mumbling how annoying she is. Finn nodded and held up a finger as we both went back to our seats to grab our stuff. Once we got situated, Finn turned to me.  

"It was a lot of fun hanging out with you."  

I smiled, feeling my cheeks get hot, "You too, Finn. We should hang out more often."  

"Definetly!" Finn answered with a huge smile on his face, "Well, I'll see you tomorrow."  

He held out his arms for a hug and I went in. His arms around me felt...safe. It was as if I fit perfectly into them and belong there. He quickly pulled away, great, now he probably thinks I'm a creeper.

Finn smiled and waved.   "Bye, Lizzie!"

  I waved back then followed the two out, heading towards my locker to find Kurt.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 277 21
It's senior year for Lizzie Jonas and the Glee Club and things couldn't be better! Lizzie and Finn are finally together, Lizzie and Nick fixed their...
152K 2K 74
Kara Riley, new student at McKinley High, budding photographer, wants to join the Glee Club. Will she help bring the New Directions to victory? Will...
231K 2.8K 77
I never though that a stupid Ballad assignment can changed my whole life. A sweet caroline in glee club changed everything in my life to be a sweet l...
60.4K 1.6K 56
(READ 'START OFF FRESH' BEFORE READING THIS BOOK) Emily-Grace is at McKinley High for her second year. She has a wonderful boyfriend and two amazing...