Hidden Truth

By cokeandsuicide

"You ugly black bitch, fuck out of my face." I took off my earrings and put my hair in a ponytail. "Would yo... More

Prologue
Chapter 2✨
Chapter 3✨
Chapter 4✨
Chapter 5✨
Chapter 6✨
QUICK QUESTIONS✨
Chapter 7✨
Chapter 8 ✨ (part 1)
Chapter 8 part 2✨ (sneak peek)
Chapter 8✨ (Part 2)
Chapter 9✨
Chapter 10✨
Chapter 11✨
Chapter 12✨
Chapter 13 ✨
Chapter 14✨(Sneak peek)
Chapter 14✨
Chapter 15✨
Chapter 16✨
Chapter 17✨(Lucas POV)
Chapter 18✨(Naomi POV)
Warning✨
Chapter 19✨(part 1)
Chapter 19✨ part 2
QUICK QUESTIONS✨
Chapter 20✨
Chapter 21✨
Chapter 22
Chapter 23✨
Author's Note

Chapter 1✨

4.4K 176 269
By cokeandsuicide

                                                                    Naomi's POV

My alarm went off and all I hear is Diamonds Dancing, it's nice to wake up to something hype so you'll be in a decent mood. I check my clock and it's 5:00AM I have to get ready it's my turn to open up the salon and I also have to get my siblings ready for daycare. Man I wish my moms was still here, she would be such a great help, it's been really hard without her she died after having the twins she was incredibly ill and couldn't handle the pregnancy but it's okay I'll be able to hold it down for her, I mean shit I'm 21 I have to learn responsibilities one way or another but I know she's watching over us in paradise. I finally get up out of bed and I go wake up my siblings Jaylin and Jordan.

"Sissy do I have tuh get up?" Jaylin said.

"Yeah sissy do we have tuh get up I'm tired" Jordan said.

"Yes you little knuckle heads y'all have to get up and go to Aunty Teresa's daycare."

I take both of the boys and put them in the shower and quickly brush their teeth and put them in some cute matching outfits, we have harsh winters in the city (New York City) so I had to make sure my babies wore some cute Timberlands you know how it goes.
I made the boys pancakes and sausages and put SpongeBob Squarepants on because, it's their favorite show.
I hear a knock at the door and I already know it's my Aunt Teresa

"My oh my child every time I see you, you look more like your Mother."

"Thanks Aunt T!

Jaylin and Jordan are in the kitchen once you take them to daycare I'll be getting for work, I get off at 5 today so I'll pick up the boys around 5:30-6 is that aight?"

"You already know I don't mind watching the boys Naomi. You go get ready for work and I'll stay down here with the boys."

"Aight coo thanks Aunty."
I run up the steps and check my iPhone 6 .

"It's 6 now let me go get ready"
I hop into the shower and do my daily hygiene routine, I go to my closet and put on a fitted black body con dress, fishnets, my combat boots and my name tag. All black on dark skin is so bad ass to me I love that my job makes us wear all black. I grab my Michael Khors bag and I head on downstairs.

"Jaylin and Jordan come give me my hugs and kisses."

Jaylin and Jordan run up to their older sister and give her hugs and kisses

"Sissy will see you guys later, be good okay?"

"Okay say Sissy love you." Jordan and Jaylin say simultaneously.

"Bye Aunt T"

I hop into my car and head on down to work. The salon I work at is right next to everyone's favorite Barber Shop Marco's Cuts. I stop by to visit Marco he's my nigga he's like the Father I never had.

"What's up lil mama?" Marco said.

"Nothing much Pops I'm getting ready to open up the shop now today is going to be so busy mane I'm going to picking up the phone all day yo and making appointments and blah blah blah."

"Whenever you go on break come back over here and have lunch with me, I miss your mean  ass."

"As soon as I go on break I'll come here a chill for a little bit I promise b."

"Alright see ya little one."

"See ya Pops."

As I'm leaving Marcos I bump into someone on the way out.

"My bad Shawty." said this mysterious nigga.

"You good son."

I looked up and you could tell God took his time with this one. He had the most beautifully crafted jawline, his caramel skin tone was amazing, his eyes are this warm brown that could make you melt and when he smiled you could see his perfect grill. His outfit was lit too. Wait this nigga just bumped into me, I shouldn't be gawking.

"What's your name Shawty?"

"My name is late for work excuse me."

"I'll be seeing you around Shawty."

He smiled at me and just know my panties we're soaked at this point I mean damn it's not every day you see a good looking nigga but I know how the game goes and I'm not going to entertain this bullshit.

"You really feisty for a Shawty who's shorter than everyone."

"Yeah yeah yeah move out of my way."

"I'll see you later Ms.Lady"

I just roll my eyes and get on out of there, he's really attractive and all and he obviously has a dope fashion sense but I've been in a toxic relationship and I don't have time for another one. On top of that my family comes before any man and I have to focus on finishing my online classes, a man would slow me down right now.

I walk down to the salon Wanda's Weave Train I love Wanda man she's so amazing. I begin opening the shop and Wanda and my co-workers start coming in.
"Good Morning Ms.Naomi." Said Wanda

"Hey Ms.Wanda! You ready to make this money?"

"You already know girl."

"Let's what I like to hear."

Our customers start pouring in as usual, it was a pretty ordinary day until a particular up tight woman came in.

Homegirl walked into the salon eyeing me up and down like she runs the store. She needs to watch herself because this morning already wasn't the best.

"Um..Hi my name is Priscilla White, I don't have an appointment but I'm sure you can just type me into that little computer of yours and everything will be fine. I need to be done by noon on the dot."

I look at her with a stank face, the sign clearly says "No Walk-Ins Allowed" but I have to be cool, calm , and collected. 

"I'm sorry ma'am we're all booked for the day, the next available appointment is tomorrow at 10:30. Would you like me to book you for tomorrow?' I said.

"Did you seriously just turn THE Priscilla White down? I'll have you know that my father owns a chain of pizzerias, he's a big business man and I could have you fired now do what I told you to do and put me in that little computer of yours you pathetic black bitch."

Wait a minute no this bitch did not just insult me especially about my skin tone I take pride in my color. I'm Liberian and Trinidadian and my Mother took great pride in our culture and loving our complexions.

I take off my name tag , earrings, and then I put my hair in a nice bun. You don't want to give these bitches anything to grab on.

"Would you like to repeat yourself?"

"As I was saying you're a pathetic bl-"

She didn't even get to finish her sentence because I started serving this hoe B-R-I-C-K-S. I don't fight like a little weak bitch I WILL punch you in the face, kick you, possibly spit on depends on how I'm feeling.

I guess you could say I started a commotion because I had a fairly large audience at this point, even the niggas from Marcos came to watch.

Out of nowhere I feel a pair a strong arms wrap around my waist and carry me out of the skin right before I was going to kick this girl's face in.

"Damn Shawty I know you're feisty but I didn't know you were this feisty."

Of course it had to be the nigga from this morning.

"Listen I don't know what you're trying to do Pretty Boy but I suggest you stop and stay the fuck out of my business."'

"Well excuse me for trying to help your little ass out, you were ready to end that girl's life back there."

"Next time she won't insult my skin tone" I said rolling my eyes.

"You have a really beautiful dark skin tone it's mesmerizing."

I ignored his compliment and just walked straight into Marco's shop

"Pops I done got myself into some serious trouble man."

"I heard it from all the way over here little girl you need to watch your mouth before you get caught up"

"Are you kidding me I did nothing wrong! She shouldn't have came at me sideways especially about my skin tone what kind of whack shit is that?"

"It's definitely whack shit Shawty but the way she was handling that Marco. Wow I didn't knew she could fight." said mysterious nigga

"Lucas if you don't come and let me finish your haircut."

"Excuse me little Shawty."

Lucas accidentally purposely grabbed my waist and slid behind me to get by me. The Devil is a liar I rebuke this demon.

"Yyyou good." I stuttered.

Shit he started smirking he knows what he's doing.

"Marco it's 11:00 now so can we have an early lunch? I don't feel like going back to work."

"You already know I don't care."

"Bet. I'm going to the Pizzeria across the street you want anything?"

"I want that white pizza you had me try it tasted so good."

"Alright I'll be back."

"Wait Pops can I hold $15? I left my purse back at the shop."

"That's fine just go get my food."

"Okay I will damn."

As I'm walking to the back room I feel Lucas's intense stare and it's starting to irritate me to be honest.

"Take a picture it'll last longer."

"Nah I rather see the real thing up close."

His eyes roamed my body and I instantly tensed up he's making me feel how Jacob did...and I don't like that at all.

I grabbed the money and rushed out of the Barber Shop and went down to the Pizzeria and got two large white pizzas and a Vanilla Coke I love Vanilla Coke. I go back to the shop and I see Lucas is done with his haircut and he catches me staring.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." He says while smirking.

"I hate to admit it you actually look nice wow good for you."

"You know Ms.Naomi we should get better aquatinted."

"How do you know my name?"

"I have my ways."

"Mhmmm Marco told you right."

I crossed my arms and looked him up and down.

"Yeah but that's not the point let me holla at you Shawty."

I don't know why I did this but I gave this boy my number.

"Alright here's my number Kid Lucas."

"Kid Lucas huh I like the sound of that."

"I bet you do."

I walked away and sat at the table with Marco and Lucas , we all had small talk while eating our lunch. Lucas wasn't hat bad forreal but I can't get my heart broken again that was one of worst pains I've ever experienced in life.

"Alright Marco this was amazing but it's 2:00 now and I want to go see if I still have a job."

"I'll catch you later little ma."

"Alright bet see ya Pops."

"Bye Ms.Naomi I'll be seeing you soon."

"Bye Kid Lucas."

He started chuckling and he shook his head.

I left and went back to the salon I had to face the music now.

"Well well well long time see aye Naomi."

I could recognize that voice anywhere,God  must not fuck with me because today just seems to be getting worse and worse.

"Hi Jacob."

Hey y'all I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter! This book is going to be remotely urban so there's going to be a lot of slang terms and cussing to be honest with you. I love Naomi's character she's so headstrong and she doesn't take any crap. Please Vote and Comment! I would love to hear feedback.

QOTD: Have you been through a heartbreak? How did you cope with it?

Naomi is portrayed by : Samrah/ IG:@xsamrahx
Lucas portrayed by:Lucas Coly IG:@iamlucascoly
Jacob portrayed by: Jacob Perez (Princeton)
Priscilla White portrayed by:Whoever you want her to be, I'm interested to see what y'all will come up with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 141 18
this story is shit so i'm writing a better one😭 TW: sucide attempts//cutting//rape//drinking//drugs
203K 6.2K 52
"So what are you trying to say Jordan" I sassed he sighed "You the right person just the wrong time" I chuckled angrily "So when is the right time J...
6.7K 499 22
"Aight bro" Caine waved me off "So what we done?" He looked at me with no emotion "We're done" I nodded "So am I allowed to do my own thing or what...
126K 3.7K 18
He shook his head, coming in even closer and leaned down to whisper in my ear, "Because I make you real wet." He pulled back and smirked at me. Fuck...