Patience (A Punk Niall Horan...

By breakfastattiffs

Bea Drusilla Verena. A girl on a mission. To survive the summer in Mullingar with her nerdy cousin Shaun, hi... More

Patience (A Punk Niall Horan Romance)
Disclaimer
~Two~ Nope. It's Dru actually....
~Three~ Just call me Dru
~Four~ Hello Again...
~Five~ Are you coming up short stack?

~One~ It's Bea. Not that hard.

1.1K 30 14
By breakfastattiffs

Chapter One

Bea.

pron. Be-e

Girl’s name originating from Ancient Egypt.

Bea Drusilla Verena.

“Bea? Oh how... unusual”

Unusual was just a nice way of saying “That’s a freaky-ass name you got there”

But yes, in case I haven’t made it clear yet. Bea Verena is my name.

Trying to fit in is my game. Not. 

I don't fit in. At all. 

Having a name like Bea makes it extra hard. Not that my sarcastic attitude and short temper help in any way with fitting in.

You would think Bea was short for Beatrice or something like that but, no. It was just Bea. Thanks to my mother and her love for unusual names. All my siblings had different names.

So, you can imagine how pissed I was getting at the woman who was reading my passport and trying to pronounce my name “Bee-a? Is that right? No, is it B-ew?”

“B-ee. It’s pronounced B-ee” I said curtly, while placing my hand out to receive my passport back.

“Oh Bea. I see now” she said, put off by my pissy attitude and handed me my passport back quickly. “Your gate is just the next one on your right”

“Right” I muttered walking away not bothering to thank her. I mean, why thank her for telling me which gate I was going to? It was printed on my ticket and every passageway had the number in plastic letters above the entrances. It wasn’t rocket science.

I reached my gate and made my way outside into the slightly damp May air. Yes, damp weather in May. Welcome to London.

I wouldn’t have this shitty weather for much longer as I was currently about to fly out of England completely and over to my auntie’s home in Westmeath.

Yes, I, Bea Drusilla Verena , had been shipped to the middle of Ireland by my mother as punishment for my extremely horrific results I had received in my summer exams last week.

My mum was a neat-freak, a workaholic, a pain in the ass.

She didn’t really expect anything of me after my older sister Avril had received all A’s in her final exams and was now studying Law at Harvard in America. My older brothers, Jasper ,Art, Saul and Tate were all abroad travelling and studying.

Quick summary of my family;

Jasper,the oldest was living in New Zealand. He owns a restaurant with his wife Mina who, is pregnant with a baby girl. Jasper is the oldest of us all at twenty six but he’s still one of the most immature, just second to the twins. Jasper left England when he was eighteen to travel, much to my mother’s dismay and fell in love with Mina on his final year in New Zealand and he decided to stay. They were the perfect couple. His dark hair and eyes contrasted perfectly to her lighter eyes and auburn hair. They opened a café which had grown into a restaurant and was now a major success. I was probably closer to Mina than I was to my actual sister Avril and Mina lived thousands of miles away.

Art, who was twenty four, was currently travelling in India with his numerous groupies and mates. Art was the heartbreaker when he was younger at school and apparently still is wherever he travels. It was easy for all my brothers to get ladies thanks to my father’s Italian heritage leaving us all with dark hair and dark eyes. But Art was extra Italian looking,if thats possible, giving him and immense advantage with the girls.He was the also the so-called letdown until I came along. Art never completed his final year of secondary school and instead forged home letters from teachers explaining how he was a model student. He spent the free time working and saving for his travels and, of course,meeting lady friends. His three friends were in on it and when my parents found out he was already in Mexico.

Avril was three years older than me at twenty two and was living in Massachusetts where she was studying Law. Even though Avril was the only other girl in the house we were never close as children. I was, and still am, closer to the twins. I think it was Avril’s shitty personality and how my parents had always favoured her that made me dislike her so much.

The twins , Saul and Tate were living in California. They are the two most immature people ever to walk this earth. They were a year older than me and so incredibly childish it was funny. The two boys were very well-known for their shady business they ran back at school selling test answers, sick notes and charging for forged parent’s signatures. They also sold chocolate, crisps and drinks to the students for a cheaper price than the nearby newsagents.

Needless to say, their business was to be passed down to me until I realised I wanted to actually concentrate on my schoolwork instead of running a shady mini black-market in school, so my two best friends Finn and Seth took over the business and I received a weekly profit as I was the sole proprietor. After all the twins had given the shop to me?

Seth Henries and Finn Brite were two complete and utter twats that I love to pieces. Seth was the more serious of the two and had been in a steady relationship with Cassie, my ONLY girl friend , for three years. Whereas Finn was a mini Art, shagging a different girl every Friday night. They were so different and so similar at the same time.

They were literally the only thing I was going to miss about London. Oh wait my room. I basically spent every hour in my room and I loved it. It was on the top floor of our house, the third floor. It was the only room up there, until my dad decided to put in a bathroom because I was waking everyone up by going downstairs. So I had a full floor and staircase to myself. My staircase was surrounded on either side by two white walls, which I had taken upon myself one weekend to paint with a large garden mural and added “The Fault in Our Stars” and other quotes to along the years. The stairs themselves had been painted underneath the actual step to reveal a large tree that grew with every step you took. It was one of my proudest moments when I finished the whole staircase. Yeah I was gonna miss my room.

But right now, I would be proud if I survived this flight without snapping anyone’s head off.It was seven o’clock in the morning on a Monday of all days.

I walked down the aisle to my assigned seat and leant over to place my small suitcase above the seats. I felt my top rise to my navel as I raised my arms. I heaved and pushed rocking back and forth on the balls of my feet to gain momentum, to get my case in and sighed in relief when I did.

Only then did I realise a boy my age sitting in the seat right under my case.

“Nice piercing” he smirked,his voice dripping with an incredibly attractive Irish accent,while nodding his head referring to my bellybutton.

“Thanks” I muttered, as I felt a warmness envelop my cheeks.

I squeezed past him, without him making any effort to pull his long body in, and when my bum landed in his crotch, after I stumbled, his hands flew to his head “Oh yeah baby, right there” he moaned. I jumped from his lap and sat down while diverting my eyes downwards to my iPod, only to have to raise them again to meet his smirking face.

“Sorry, I find it hard to control myself around you sugar puff” he said with an evil smile

“Ew” I said simply

“Oh c’mon doll face, tell me you didn’t enjoy it as much as I did? Sure, you were practically dry humping my arm, trying to get your case in” he said his deep blue eyes full of humour

I was going to have to stop this harassment before it went any further

“Listen here shithead, I’m moving to the middle of an island where I’ll know nobody my age apart from my nerdy cousin Shaun and his slutty step-sister Francine. I’m in deep shit with my mum at the moment due to my fucking horrific grades and I’m also in deep shit with my dad for getting my bellybutton pierced and getting a tattoo underage. It’s seven o’clock on a Monday morning and I have a zero tolerance level right now for your fucking bullshit ok? So if you don’t mind, I’m going to listen to my music and try to fucking relax before I have to get off this godforsaken plane and go to my batty aunt’s house for three months while Shaun will sulk in his room, aunt will fire questions and Francine will screech every two seconds about makeup and boys, so this trip is literally the only peace I will get for three months and if you disturb that.... then you’re a bigger fucktard than I would’ve originally made out” I said to him, cracking.

He watched me with a blank expression and I saw a trace of humour swirl in his eyes. Holy crap, his eyes were fucking blue. I took the time to actually check him out. Attractive guy. He had blonde hair that had brown roots and tinges of pink at the tips. It was styled in a quiff that funnily enough suited him perfectly. He was covered in tattoos. Both of his arms drenched in ink from what I could see from his red heart printed tee. His left eyebrow contained an eyebrow bar and his pert lips had snakebite piercings. He was very defined from what I could see and his abs started shaking until I realised I had been gawking at him and he was shaking from laughter.

“Ya done sweetheart?” he asked chucking at me

“Shut up” I muttered

“No,no, by all means continue Miss....?” he trailed off, waiting for an answer.

“Miss Verena” I said holding my hand out, taking the piss.

“Oh no, Miss Verena, I don’t shake hands” he said holding both hands above his head

“And why’s that?” I asked him

“Fun fact Miss Verena, shaking hands passes on more germs than kissing does” he said with a smile, leaning in.

Before I could register what was happening, he leant in and placed a small, soft, yet firm kiss on my lips.

“The name’s Niall. Delighted to make your acquaintance” he smiled before plugging in his earphones and reclining his chair.

What the actual fuck?

I sat up straight and looked at his relaxed posture. He looked a lot younger when his eyes were closed. Probably because his eyes weren’t burning into my soul relishing every secret and memory I had ever had.

I punched him in the crotch, lightly, now angered at him.Well not too lightly.

He sat up straight immediately, his eyes popping open as well as his mouth.

“What the fuck?” we both said at the same time

He went to continue but I bet him to it

“You can’t just kiss someone, without their permission!” I shouted, trying to keep my voice low.

“What?!” he shouted back “You punched me in the balls for kissing you?”I gave him a ‘duh’ look and nodded

“Jesus Christ, it wasn’t as if I took your fucking virginity now was it?” he asked, looking at me

I felt the blush creep onto my cheeks and lowered my head. I wasn't prude, I just would have rathered not talk about my unbroken hymen with a practical stranger.

“What! You are not a fucking virgin are you?” when I didn’t answer he sat up straighter and ran a hand through his hair

“Holy shit .No. This I actually don’t believe. I mean, Jesus, look at you” he said gesturing to my body.

Anger filled my veins. Pumping like poison through me.Another nice trait, a very short temper.

“What are you saying dickhead? That I look like a slut that would give it up to every Tom, Dick and Harry?” I asked him

“No! No way! Not at all! I just don’t believe that you are a virgin with your looks” he said sheepishly.

“Are you seriously trying to tell me nobody has tried to tap that?” he asked, once again gesturing to my body

“Yes I am. Now, apologise to me for kissing me and go back to sleep” I ordered him, steering away from the conversation.

“I won’t apologise for something I’m not sorry for” he stated simply with a small smile and with that he plugged in his earphones once again and closed his eyes.

 I gave up and did the same. Listening to Lana Del Rey’s voice croon  through the earphones I let my thoughts drift to the annoying and annoyingly good looking boy beside me.

Author's Note

So whatcha' all think? 

Good? 

Bad?

Horrific?

ANSWER ME!!!

No, but seriously comment you guys and let me know what you think cos' it's your opinions I care about :') 

Molly x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 855 20
|๐‰๐”๐‰๐”๐“๐’๐” ๐Š๐€๐ˆ๐’๐„๐ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘| ~โ€ข๐‰๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ ๐Š๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐งโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ๐ฌโ€ข~ ~โ€ข๐˜/๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐œ๐ก๐š...
1.2M 54.3K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
182K 6.5K 93
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
218K 5.4K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...