The Misunderstood Life of Ech...

By PrinceThespian

Echo Lestrange, the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange, just got expelled from Beauxbatons. Now she is entering... More

Prologue: Expelled and Transfered
Perks of Being the New Girl
Confusion! Confundus!
Rumors or Lies
How Can I Describe This?
Before the Worst
The Perks of Being a Death Eater
For The Nerves
Yes, My Lord

Not So Tough Found Out

1.4K 68 48
By PrinceThespian

Echo POV

I was sitting on the stool beside Draco's hospital bed. He's been there for a three days straight without waking up. The nurses say that if he doesn't wake up in a day, they'll have to send him to a better hospital. I try to take time every day to visit him at the hospital so I won't have to deal with everyone asking me what happened in the restroom.

Honestly, I don't know what to think. Harry almost killed my cousin. I should always put my family first. Harry has tried to reach out to me these past couple of days but I don't want anything to do with him until I figure what I want. Even Blaise knows that he should stray away from me for a while.

"Echo?" I heard Draco say. I quickly look at him and a huge smile spreads across my face. I squeal and hug him tightly. "Ow! Ow!"

I instantly let go and gasp, "Sorry! I just... I'm just so glad you're awake."

My blonde cousin smiled weakly as he pushed himself up to sit on the hospital bed. I looked around tell the nurses but it looked like they already knew he was awake. Two nurses started to check his body for bleeding and other medical things. Madam Pomfrey rushed to Draco with medicine and water.

"Please, Echo," Pomfrey said. "Let us do our work. You can come visit after dinner time."

I nodded my head. "Yes, Madam. Thank you."

"Thanks for being here," Draco said with a smile.

I smiled, ruffled his blonde head and walked out of the hospital wing. I found myself in an outside corridor full of life. Students were studying or reading, others were playing games, other were with their significant other and everyone was just having a good time.

"I wish I was having a good time," I whispered to myself.

I felt hands cover my eyes and I smiled. Just the person I needed. And who cares if it was up in public. I needed to talk to him. 

"Hey, Echo," I heard Blaise say.

I paused and felt disappointed. Not the person I wanted. Still keeping my smile, I turned around and greeted him, "Hi, Blaise."

"Look, I know you want space and everything but I feel like you and I should talk," Blaise started.

"Talk about what?" I asked. "I'm not giving you an inside scoop on Draco because-."

"I don't care about Draco," He interrupted. "I care about you. And it looks like you haven't had a good time in a while."

"I don't need a good time, Blaise," I refuted. "I need to gather my thoughts."

"I'm here."

"I know you are but... I can't deal with you and everything else in my family."

"What's gotten into you?"

"I honestly have no idea but I don't think you and I could work."

"What?" Blaise looked baffled. "What do you mean we can't work? We work perfectly. We just need patients."

"It's over, Blaise. I'm sorry. The timing wasn't right."

Then, Blaise got angry. "Echo, this is your problem. Right here. You say you wanted a friend and here I am but you're pushing me away. You push everyone away if things aren't going right for you."

"Please, leave me alone."

My now-ex-boyfriend stared at me with a face that got angrier and angrier by the second. He was about to say something but he kept it in, turned around and rushed out of the corridor. I watched him leave and sighed. I sat on a nearby bench and thought of the things that just happened.

I just broke up with Blaise... And I don't know why. Everything was going good. Everything was fine. And what was that when he covered my eyes. I thought it was Harry. After what he did to my cousin, I wish it was Harry. Now I really don't have any friends. I groaned loudly and lazily hung my head backwards. 

"I am such a loser," I groaned.

While looking backwards at the school, I saw Harry running, looking like he was looking for me. My heart began to jump around as I assumed he was looking for me. I got up and ran after him.

"Harry!" I cried. 

The boy turned around and I waved at him. He stopped running and let me catch up to him. When I reached him, I breathed heavily.

"What do you need, Echo?" Harry asked.

"I saw you running," I answered.

"So?"

"I thought we needed to talk or something..." Now I began to doubt myself.

"Echo, I don't have time for you or for whatever games you want to play with me," Harry said exasperated. "Last time I checked, you wanted no part in my life so I'm staying away."

"But what if I changed my mind about you?" I tried.

"I'm not a game, Echo, that you can retry when you don't have it your way. We're obviously never going to work out." He was talking fast. "Now can you please leave me be. I have to do something that's more important than you." 

With that said, Harry turned around, leaving me alone in a cold hallway. The hallway was as alone as I was. There was no one around. There was never anyone around. 

The next couple of days were quite boring. Since I didn't have friends or any boyfriends, I found myself in the library, reading Muggle books. I found one about a vampire who watches little teenagers sleep. I really like vampires. I know one personally--his name is Jerilo and he's a very kind vampire--but I'm pretty sure this Muggle-author didn't check her facts. 

I've tried making friends, believe me, I have. But I just scare them off because I always act so mean to everyone. I know it shouldn't be a big deal but I just want someone to talk to. Draco still needs time to recover and I've been too stressed to work on the Cabinet.

I was reading a book about a girl with a weird name who is in a arena with other kids. They have to fight till the death and her partner was in love with her. It was pretty interesting. My whole time alone got me to have an appreciation for Muggle things. That was something I could never say to my mother. The library was busier than usual. Maybe because finals and OWLS are coming up.

"Echo!" I heard Draco suddenly call my name.

I turn around and see Draco run to me. I give him a big hug and said, "You're alright! You got released?"

"No time for talking!" He looked exasperated. "It's done! I fixed it!"

"The..?" I asked, getting up with a smile. Draco nodded. I left the book on the table and the two of us ran to the Room of Requirements. We paced back and forth three times and hoped that the door would appear. When it did, I quickly opened the door and ran inside where the Vanishing Cabinet was. 

"Are they in the other one already?" I ask. Draco nods. I saw fright in his eyes. I put my hand on his shoulder. "You'll be okay. Say the Charm, Draco."

My cousin closes his eyes and with shaken hands, he points his wand to the Cabinet and starts to chant, "Harmonia Nectere Passus. Harmonia Nectere Passus." There is light coming from the inside of the Cabinet like if it were a live. Draco stops and so does the light. He steps back, his eyes haunted and dark. "I have to go now, Echo. You can do the rest." And he ran off. 

I look at him rush out of the Room of Requirements and was left with the Vanishing Cabinet, waiting for the Death Eaters to come in. Suddenly, the door creaks open and I saw dark cloaked individuals stepping carefully out of the Cabinet. In the middle of the cloaked people was my mother, looking beautiful and gorgeous as she always was. She had a devilish smirk on her face. When her eyes met mine, Mother walked up to me and put her hands on my shoulders.

"You did good, Echo," She whispered. "Now, show us where Dumbledore is."

"This way," I answered.

I looked at the Cabinet to see if anyone else was coming from Borgin and Burks and when it was clear to go, I started to rush out of the Room of Requirements. When I was out with the Death Eaters, I constantly looked back to see if everyone was following me. 

Out of no where, my heart began to beat hard and my brain began to wonder everywhere. Here I was, leading a load of Death Eaters to Dumbledore's fate. It gave me a rush. It gave me the sense of leadership and cunning.

When we passed a busy corridor, students gasped at the horrid sight. The Death Eaters began to tease them by hexing them and throwing spells at them. They began to create havoc around us. Students were crying and calling for help. Some older classmates started to fight back and tried to defend their school but they looked like ants compared to the Death Eaters. I passed by Granger and Weasley. They looked at me like they couldn't believe it. I smirked and threw them a kiss. 

We reached the Astronomy Tower and the sky was flooded with thick gray clouds. The Death Eaters made their way into the Tower. My mother was the last one to enter.

"C'mon, Echo. Let's go!" She laughed as she skipped up the stairs.

I ran up the stairs and saw Draco and Dumbledore. Draco's wand was pointed at Dumbeldore and the wise headmaster was standing, accepting his fate. 

"Well done, Draco," Mother whispered, kissing him on the cheek.

"Good evening, Bellatrix," Dumbledore greeted. "I think introductions are in order." Dumbledore looked at me dead in the eyes. I looked away to the ground. I saw a figure moving from the bottom.

"Love to, Albus. But we're in a bit of a tight schedule," Mother said. She turned to Draco. "DO IT! I ignored the figure and looked at my horror-struck cousin. 

"He doesn't have the stomach," Greyback sneered. "Just like his father. Let me finish him in my own way."

"NO!" Mother screeched. "The Dark Lord was clear. The boy has to do it. Draco... NOW!" 

Once again, Draco raised his wand a little higher. He was taking large breaths. Everyone in the Tower was still, waiting for the two word spell to come out of Draco's mouth.

"No!" Someone said. Everyone looked to where the voice was and saw Snape coming out from the darkness. 

"Well, well, well, look who it is," Mother said. "Hogwarts own Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Come to see the slaughter, Severus?"

"Severus," Dumbledore started. Snape walked to where Draco was and stared at the headmaster. "Severus, please."

I heard Snape mumble to Draco, "I made a vow. I gave my word."

"Severus," Dumbledore whispered.

"Avada Kedavra," Snape casted. A green light flew from Snape's wand and hit Dumbledore. I saw the life leave his wise eyes and watched his body fall from the Astronomy Tower. All the Death Eaters ran to the rails to see Dumbledore fall. My mother laughed and threw a spell at the sky. I looked up and saw the Death Eater green skull float above the clouds.

"Let's go!" Grayback snapped. 

"Let's go, Echo. You're not coming back here," My mother said, running to the stairs. 

I followed her down but saw a figure next to me. I looked and saw Harry on the floor, distraught. He looked up and saw me. 

"Echo!" 

Giving him one last look, I ran down the stairs. Something came over me. It felt like the feeling that my mother usually has when the plan goes right. She began to dance along the tables, smashing the tableware and casting random spells. She stopped in front of the grand stained glass window at the Great Hall and then yelled, pointing her wand at it. The glass shattered and a large gust of wind hit us.

"Let's get moving, Bellatrix!" Snape demanded. 

We reached outside and headed to the Forbidden Forest where Yaxley set up the Port Key to send us back to the Malfoy Manor. While we were almost there, I heard Harry's voice behind us calling for Snape. At the same time, Mother yelled with delight as she set the Keeper of Key's, Hagrid, hut on fire. 

"Impedimenta!" A sparks of red came out from Harry's wand but Snape deflected the spell. Harry continued this a couple of times as he got angrier and angrier. "Fight back! You coward, fight back!" 

My mother saw what was going on and ran towards him. Snape pushed her back and said, "No! He belongs to the Dark Lord!"

"Here it is!" Grayback says, pointing to the Port Key that was in the shape of a cane. Most likley one of Malfoy's canes. "Let's go, Echo!" 

I stayed staring at the quarrel between Harry and Snape before my mother pulled me in, away from them. Before I touched the Port Key, I looked at Harry and for a second, he looked at me with so much pain in his eyes. 

And I didn't feel any sympathy back. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been about two plus years since I've updated Echo Lestrange but that was because I was focussing on A Mudblood in Slytherin which ended successfully a couple of days ago. You should check that story out if you want to. I will be focussing on Echo's story until I finish it. Once a good length has been written, I'll start on Lynx's sequel. I hope you all had a good time reading this long awaited chapter of Echo Lestrange. Stay tuned for more!

Bless your face. If you sneezed during this chapter, bless you. Michelle out, peace off! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 11 35
Viena Riddle, daughter of Tom Riddle, not who you think she is. She joins Hogwarts during everyone's fifth year. Is she really of help though? i lite...
326K 5.6K 115
"Y/n, you know I would never hurt you," he took a step forward, but I kept stepping backward. "Yeah I know," I said hesitantly. "Then why are you bac...
603K 19.8K 67
"Do I really have to transfer?" I whine. "All of my friends are at Beauxbatons." My father lets out a heavy sigh. "Unfortunately this is the...
130K 4.4K 83
It's finally time for Malorie Granger, Hermione's sister, to go to Hogwarts with her. However, the sorting hat places her in the one house she didn'...