Before the Worst

Echo PoV

"Miss Lestrange? Miss Lestrange?" I heard a small voice call to me. 

"Yes?" I groaned from my sleep.

"Professor Snape told me to tell you that your train to Kings Cross is here," A small girl said.

I looked up and saw the time; 4:24AM. My focus went to the girl, who winced when I looked at her. I sighed and patted her head. "There's nothing to be afraid about. Thank you." I smiled and she smiled back.

"Have a good Christmas, E-Echo," She said, hesitating on my name.

"You may call me Echo if you want to. What's your name?" I asked, getting my suitcase.

"Leanne. But people call me Lee," She said. I turned on my lights and I finally got a clear view of her. She had orange hair that went all the way to her hips, blue eyes, and... I was guessing she was a third year Slytherin.

"Well, Lee, would you like to walk me to the train? I'm still new here, so I get a bit lost?" I asked.

"Sure!" Lee said.

Awe, what a cutie, I thought in my head. I quickly got changed and saw that my things were already packed and ready for me. As we were walking in silence, I kept thinking about Harry and Blaise. I didn't have time to think about the events that happened last night. Oh, my Merlin. I just cheated on Blaise with Harry! I know I'm bad or whatever but I'd never thought I'd be a cheater. This is bad. This is really really bad.

Both of them went for the first kiss. Blaise's kiss was sudden and after it just felt like a kiss that I'd do during parties. One of those kisses where I could snog whomever and not care. But when Harry kissed me, it felt real. It felt like the two of us were supposed to do that. 

"Uh, Echo?" I heard Lee say.

"What?" I asked, my trance skipping away from me.

"You didn't hear me?" She asked.

"No... sorry. I was lost in thought. What did you say?"

"Are you doing anything in Christmas?" Lee asked.

"Oh... I don't know, really. This is the first time I'm seeing my Mother. It's kind of nerve recking," I told her.

"You mean you haven't-?"

"Seen the most notorious woman of all of England... no." I paused and looked at Lee's concerned face. "What are you doing for Christmas?" Change of subject.

"Nothing really... Both my parents are extremely busy over the holidays, so I always stay in the Slytherin common room in Christmas. Every year..."

"Join the club. At least you get to see them in summer. Even if it is for just a little bit. Point one for you. Do they send you gifts?"

"Yeah. They do," Lee said with a smile. "I could never guess which one it is." I laughed and patted her redhead with a smile. The morning sun was just arriving behind Hogwart's castle and well, it looked beautiful. "Here we are. Have a safe Christmas, Echo," Lee said with a smile.

"I'll try." I bent over to give her a hug because she was really tiny. "Happy Christmas, Lee." 

She smiled and walked off. I gave my bags and ticket to a gentleman at the door and went inside a small compartment. The moment I sat down, my thoughts of Harry and Blaise came rushing in. How am I supposed to cut it off with Blaise when we only started to date a while ago? Do I just go to him and say, 'Hey, Blaise, I gotta tell you something. Harry and I are dating. So, we're not going to work out. Bye.' If only it were that easy.