My Best Friend's Moon (COMPLE...

By kayapelwrites

A rustle came from the bushes. I whipped my head up, and a pair of luminous eyes met mine. Both fear and pani... More

Chapter One- Blue Eyes
Chapter Two- Pop the Question
Chapter 3- Dresses
Chapter 4- Monster
Chapter 5- Amnesiac
Chapter 6-Tempermental
Chapter 7- All Healed Up and Hearing Things
Chapter 8-Run
Chapter 9- The Big Day
Chapter 10- Movie...Fun?
Chapter 11- A Whole New World
Chapter 12- Reality
Chapter 14-The Ceremony
Chapter 15- Let's go for a run
Chapter 16- Punishment
Chapter 17- Could it be him?
Chapter 18-Did he just say mate?
Chapter 19-Mistaken Identity
Chapter 20-Saved
Epilogue-Five years later

Chapter 13-Meeting with the Goddess

238 8 0
By kayapelwrites

I was standing in a beautiful green meadow filled with hundreds of wildflowers. I bent to pick one and brought it to my nose, inhaling the sweet smell. I walked through the meadow, enjoying the warmth of the sun on my skin. A group of wolf pups ran by, chasing and playing with one another. I looked on in awe, captured by the innocence of the scene. I continued to walk until I came upon a beautiful woman standing, as if waiting for me.

"Hello, my child," she said softly, in a voice that sounded almost like silk. She was beautiful in long flowing white robes, with golden hair half pulled back and a crown made of flowers in her hair.

"Hi," I said shyly, smiling.

"My dearest Kate, you are destined for great things. Just remember to follow your wolf and your heart," she said smiling at me. "No matter what happens to you, know that I have a plan for you and that everything that happens is because I have a reason for it all. You may not know what that reason is at the time, but you will know someday."

"Yes, Mother," I said, bowing slightly. When I looked up, she had vanished.

I woke to the sound of my alarm going off. What a crazy dream. Who was that woman? I lay in bed for a few moments more, before getting up and heading into my bathroom. I quickly did my business, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I ran downstairs to find my mom in the kitchen, typing on her computer. I grabbed an apple and planted a kiss on my mom's cheek.

"Morning sweetie. Oh goodness! I've got to go! I'll be late!" she said, hurriedly throwing her computer and things into her briefcase. "Goodbye hun. Have a wonderful day at school!" She kissed my cheek and rushed out to her car to leave. I sat at the counter for a few minutes, waiting for Tyler to pick me up.

This would be my first day back to school since turning. Tyler had taken the rest of the weekend to answer all of my questions and to take me out on my first run. We had agreed, along with his mother, that I should go to training and take a class to learn more about wolf history and how this whole thing works. Werewolves in his pack normally took this class at a young age, but being that I hadn't been born a werewolf, I needed to learn more about myself and about the history of our kind.

I heard a horn beep and I grabbed my bag and walked out the front door, locking it behind me. I smiled as I walked to Tyler's car and opened the front door. I climbed in and Tyler planted a soft, sweet kiss on my cheek. I smiled at him and felt my face heat up. He backed out of the driveway, settling his hand in mine as he drove.

My first day went by pretty well. The only trouble I had was the urge to claw out Chelsea Miller's eyes when I saw her leaning against the locker next to Tyler's, trying to seductively rub his arm. Tyler had to drag me away to an empty stairway and kiss away my anger.

I now leaned against Tyler's car, waiting for him after school so that he could take me to the pack house. I was to officially meet the Alpha, the leader of the pack I was going to be joining on the next full moon. They were called the Blue Moon Pack. Since even wild wolves were pack-creature, I learned our kind like to stay in groups as well for safety and a feeling of belonging.

The cool air felt heavenly against my hot skin. That was another new thing I had learned. Werewolves, as a race, ran naturally hot. I had also discovered my sight and hearing were better and that I could react quicker and had better reflexes. I closed my eyes, drawing in a deep breath as I leaned back against the car. A familiar scent hit my nose just before I felt Tyler's arms wrap around my waist and his lips plant a soft kiss on my forehead. I leaned into him, drawing in his scent, and wrapped my arms around him.

"Ready to go?" he whispered softly.

Nodding my head, we climbed into the car and headed towards the very opposite end of town, where the houses were spread out and surrounded by acres of woods. I could feel myself grow more nervous and my palms sweat with each mile we drove. We soon pulled up to the open gates leading up a long driveway. Ahead, I could see a huge white house, surrounded by smaller houses spread out in all directions. I gripped the seat as Tyler pulled up alongside a dozen other cars. We got out and Tyler led me towards the large oak front doors. He pushed one open and lead me into the entryway. I looked around at the stunning interior. Dark hardwoods covered the floors and clean white walls extended down the hall into what I could just see to be a kitchen. A large grand wooden staircase sat off to the left. To the right was an open living room, fixed with leather couches and a large flat screen. The walls were a warm brown color. Several people sat watching a show and looked up to see Tyler and I enter. They looked to each other and began whispering, too quiet for even my wolf hearing to make out what they were saying. A few smiled at me and I gave a small, shy wave.

Taking my hand, Tyler led me up the stairs and down the long hallway to the very end. He knocked on a door to the left hand side and waited for a loud 'Enter' before opening the door and leading me inside. It revealed a large office lined with shelves filled with files and books and had a large desk in the middle with a man sitting behind it, bent over stacks of papers, concentrating hard. He looked up and a warm smile spread across his face. He stood and I bowed my head, following Tyler's actions and my wolf's instinct. My wolf nudged me, as if to say this was the proper thing to do in front of an Alpha, especially your Alpha, and that I had acted properly.

"Tyler," he greeted warmly, "How nice it is to see you. I hope your father is well. This must be the wonderful young woman you told me about. Hello, Kate. I'm Alpha Ryan."

I blushed and gave him a warm smile. "Hello, sir. It's very nice to meet you."

"Please, take a seat. We have much to discuss. Tyler has informed me already of how you became one of us Kate. I'm truly sorry. I know it can be very hard transitioning, even if you were born a wolf. Please know that my men are on the hunt for the one who did this for you. We do not take these things lightly, as it is against our most sacred law to bring harm to a human. We are meant to protect them and live in peace with them. Now, as I'm sure Tyler has told you, we would be more than happy to take you in as one of our own should you so chose us. You're welcome to join another surrounding pack, but you are most welcome to join our pack."

"I'd like to join your pack sir, if you'll have me." I said, sitting in one of the large chairs in front of his desk.

"Very well. We'll have a formal ceremony the next full moon. We have some younger wolves who just transitioned who will be joining the pack as well. We can go over the details when it gets closer. Tyler, would you mind checking a scent for me to see if you recognize it as the wolf who turned Kate?" Alpha Ryan asked, pulling something from the drawer. He handed it to Tyler and as Tyler inhaled the scent. I looked around Alpha Ryan's office. There were several pictures of him and a beautiful woman, whom I assumed to be his wife, his mate, and his Luna, the female leader and mother figure to the pack. They looked so happy together, smiling over the head of a blonde-haired little boy who looked so much like Alpha Ryan. I smiled and look over to pictures on the opposite wall, one of a large brown wolfing howling to the moon. The other picture showed a beautiful woman with golden hair that was half pulled back. She was dressed in long flowing white robes and had a crown of flowers on her head.

With a gasp, I realized she was the woman from my dream. "Alpha Ryan, who is that woman?" I asked when I realized both Alpha Ryan and Tyler were done talking and looking to me.

"That's the Moon Goddess, Kate. That's said to be what she looks like. She created werewolves and watches over all of us, guiding us all through our lives and to our mates. It's said she knows all of us wolves, and even humans before they become wolves, like you. It's also said that as we die, we see her and she guides us to the afterlife."

"I saw her in my dream last night. We were in a meadow and she told me to trust her to guide me and to follow my wolf," I said, still staring at the picture. "She said I was destined to do great things."

"Well Kate, you must be. Very few wolves have ever met her, even in a dream as you did. She must have very big plans for you, my dear."

Tyler and Alpha Ryan talked a little longer before the Alpha's phone rang. He excused himself and said goodbye to us each. Tyler and I rose and headed downstairs to the living room. There were still a few people sitting on the couches there.

"Hey guys, this is Kate," Tyler said to them all, introducing me. "She'll be going our pack soon."

I waved and smiled to them all and they all greeted me with warm smiles. Tyler and I sat down on the couch, him on the end and me in the middle of the couch.

"Hi," a pretty blonde girl said from beside me. "I'm Sophia. It's nice to meet you and have another girl around."

I giggled and said "Hi. I'm Kate. It's nice to meet you too. Us girls gotta stick together."

Sophia giggled and I could tell I already liked her. We all sat and watched a show for a little while.

"Hey guys! Let's go for a run! Come on Kate, come with us! Please?" she said, looking at me with big puppy eyes.

I giggled and nodded.

We all walked to the back out the house, to the large yard behind the house. The boys and Sophia stripped and I could feel my face turn fifty shades of red. I still was no used to this nudity thing. Tyler sensed my wariness and said to the group "You guys go ahead, we'll catch up."

They all transitioned into their beautiful wolves and took off towards the woods. After I was sure Tyler wasn't looking, I stripped and called forth my wolf, feeling the warmth rush through me as my beautiful black and white fur came out. I gave a happy howl and took off into the woods, into my new life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358K 6.7K 41
He was gigantic. The 7'0 monster of a man towered over her, even though he was sitting. Bright cyan eyes gazed down at her unreadably. He gestured w...
792K 21K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
912K 31.4K 45
Not being able to shift can really take its toll on someone. But for Lily, she's gotten used to it. Of course she craves to be a werewolf and run alo...
433K 13.8K 60
Cruel, vindictive and murderous. His name lingered in every wolves' mind, the bitter hatred, all consuming. Tales of his victims were told to child...