Strike Team Demigod [Percy Ja...

By straightouttaarrows

------------------------BOOK 2 IN THE DEMIGOD AVENGER SERIES------------------------ (if you haven't read the... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1 - Training, Threatening and Five Minutes Before Capture the Flag
Chapter 2 - Capture the Flag Part II and Fury's Interuption
Chapter 3 - You look awfully healthy for someone who's supposed to be dead
Chapter 4 - Why are there two of you?!?!?!
Chapter 5 - We've kept an eye on you two. (That's not creepy or anything)
Chapter 6 - From SHIELD to STARK Towers
Chapter 7 - Dreams of the Past
A/N: PLZ READ!!
SNEAK PEEK: Life in Avengers Tower
➳➳➳ Lock Screen Tag ➳➳➳
Chapter 9 - Snowball fights interrupted by a certain Director of Fury
Chapter 10 - From a farmhouse.....to another farmhouse.
Chapter 11 - Anxiety and Fire people who want to kill us..........lovely
Chapter 12 - Do you want me to keep eating it?
<<---- Handwriting Tag ---->>
Chapter 13 - Interrogated by an Insane Individual
Chapter 14 - The Real Mandarin
➸➸A-Z Tag and Shoutout!!➸➸
Chapter 15 -It's Recruiting Time Again
Chapter 16 - The Big Fight...and I get a new glove
Chapter 17 - Breaking in the Recruits and The Potato Gun Mark II
FOR GODS SAKES STEVE DOESN'T LIKE THAT KIND OF TALK!!!
Chapter 18 - Blizzard and Last Minute Changes
Chapter 19 - You call that running? (PLUS A LITTLE CW RANT: NO SPOLIERS)
Chapter 20 - Well, this is awkward
Chapter 21 - Netflix and.....yeah, that's really about it
Chapter 22 - Taking a Trip Down His Memory Lane
MARVEL FANFIC AWARDS
Chapter 23 - You Again....
Isn't a chapter but still important **PLEASE READ**
Chapter 24 - Have you ever been on the run before?!
Chapter 25 - She only acts like she knows everything
Chapter 26 - "Specimen"
Chapter 27 - I Jinxed It......Whoops
Chapter 28 - I don't remember giving any of you an address + SNEAK PEEK
Chapter 29 - Uhh...I know who the hell Bucky is??? But I don't think that helps
Chapter 30 - Fitz indirectly saves our lives
Chapter 31 - Can't kill you if you're already dead
Chapter 32 - My Dad...isn't who I thought he was
A/N: 16k & 500 votes!!!! + Q/A maybe???
Chapter 33 - "We're okay,"
Epilogue
NEXT BOOK IS POSTED!!

Chapter 8 - Other Segal and The Barton Household

862 32 17
By straightouttaarrows

Lexi POV:

I stand with my arms crossed next to Agent Hill as she questions Jessica. She answers every question thrown at her confidently and with some level of sophistication. If she's anything like her sister, Jessica will do great here. But there is a clear difference between Jessica and her sister.

"Alright, that sums up the interview. If you will follow Agent Carson here, she will take you around the facility and help you get situated."

"That's Agent Carson? Silver Arrow? She's an avenger. If she can get in so easliy, why didn't anyone else? I thought the Avengers were supposed to be Earth's Mightiest Heroes. She's a clear wimp." Jessica challenges.

Jessica has an attitude. One that is going to drive me crazy. And why does everyone hate me? Is this seriously a thing now? Question Silver Arrow just because she has short problems?

"Oh they are." I say, my eyes narrowing. "Each of us earned our place there."

She snorts. "What did you do, give the Avengers cute little puppy eyes? They probably pity you."

"Perhaps. Now, come on. I don't have all day." I say, walking out of the room. When Jessica doesn't follow, I turn around and glare at her. "That's an order Agent Segal. You may have your badge, but you are going to have to work to keep it. Unlike how it works at the Academy, here you get your badge first, and then work your butt of to keep it. Insulting a higher level agent is one way to get you kicked out."

"Fine Agent Carson. If you insist on taking me." She sneers. She walks past me, shoving her shoulder into mine. However, I'm used to stuff like that from training so when she slams my should, I hold firm and she flinches, clutching her upper arm.

"Agent Hill! Did you see what she did to me!" Jessica screeched.

"Yeah, I saw her stick up for herself. Well done, Agent Carson." Hill said, walking toward us, grabbing her papers. "She is right. If you want to stay here, you're going to have to show some respect. I know your S.O. is going to demand it." Hill says nonchalantly.

"Who's her S.O.?" I ask.

"Agent John Garrett. In fact, I hear that you two have already met since." Hill says.

"He was the one who recruited me. Its such an honor. Probably better that what she received."Jessica says, pointing at me.

"You tell Fury that to his face." I smirk and start walking out of the room. "You coming? Or am I walking to fast for you."

Jessica huffs and stalks toward me. Once she rounds the corner I mouth "HELP ME!" to Agent Hill who snorts and covers it up with a cough.

The next ten minutes of the tour are absolutely dreadful. I mean it was torture. That girl is really the opposite of her sister. I don't even know how Sammy could stand her. I showed her everywhere. The lunchroom, the pool, her new room and even the hanger/garage. And every freaking place we went came with an "I've seen bigger" or "Well that's worthless" or "How pathetic. This is S.H.I.E.L.D.?" SHE EVEN PUSHED ME INTO THE POOL. LIKE WHAT THE HECK YOU DON'T JUST GO PUSHING SOMEONE INTO A POOL THAT YOU JUST MET THAT DAY!!!!!!

Phew.....I'm calm......probably not. Lastly I walked into the training room where Agent Garrett was waiting. "Ahh at last, the gal I was waiting for." Garrett smiles warmly. I mean...it doesn't look warm but....its the best that he can do. I'm sorry. Garrett always freaks me out.

"Good luck with your training Agent Segal." I say to her, nodding at Agent Garrett and the agent next to him.

"Agent Carson good to see you!" He says, slapping me on the back. I'm pushed a little of balance, but I steady myself, forcing a smile. "This is Agent Tripplet here in case you two haven't met."

I smile at him and he smiles back. I excuse myself from the room and then walk out the door and once I'm on the other side of it, I sigh deeply and praise the gods......I don't have to deal with her again.

"You look like you've gone through hell." I hear a voice behind me say. I turn around to see Connor walking up behind me, smirking like he always does. I wrap myself in his arms and bury my face in his chest.

"Whoa there, you alright Lex?" He says, shifting himself so he is more comfortable.

"Did you ever know that Sammy had a twin sister?" I murmur.

"Yeah, I saw it in her file, why?" He asks.

"Oh my gods....I'm just done. I had to give her a tour of the facility and let's just say she hates everything about S.H.I.E.L.D. I don't even know why Garrett wants to recruit her." I say.

"Garrett's recruiting her? She's gonna have a rough time with him." He says, rubbing my back comfortingly.

"You have no idea." I say, untangling myself from him. "I'm gonna go head over our old room and grab my stuff. Barton's got me on this assignment."

"Yeah?" Connor asks, still smiling. "And what might that be?"

"I honestly don't know, all I know is that the two of us are taking a quinjet out to the location." I shrug.

"Well whatever it is....be safe okay?" He says, kissing my forehead.

"Always." I smile, pecking him quickly on the lips. I walk back down to my room and grab my already packed duffle bag. I sling it over my shoulder and head down to the hanger where Clint is waiting.

"About damn time Lexi." He teases.

"Cap would not like your language." I smirk.

"Come on, we got to get going." He says, beckoning me up into the jet."

"Do I get any idea where we are going?" I ask, setting my stuff down and sliding in the copilot's seat.

"Nope," he says as the hanger door opens and the quinjet ramp closes. "It's a kind of safe house." That's the last thing he says before putting the plane in the air. I quickly send a message to Sammy that I hope she will respond to and relax as the jet stabilizes and the clouds quickly skirt by the window.

After about two hours of silence, Clint finally speaks. "Hey Lexi, do me a favor and flip the cloaking and stealth switch."

I nod and flip the two controls next to me. "Why so secretive Clint?"

"Fury's orders." He responds, not saying anything else.

"Clint, seriously, why are we going here. You've always been honest about all of my training, so, what's so different this time?"

Clint sighs and takes out his earpiece. "Turn off your comm. Now."

I take mine out and switch it off, slightly nervous at what Clint is getting at. "We're heading to my sister's ranch. We aren't related but I treat her like my sister. I think you've deserved some 'away from civilization' time."

"Really. That's your big secret?? Why do I feel like there is more to this?" I say confused.

(Small A/N: Okay guys, I know that in MCU Laura is Clint's wife and while it is quite cute, I'm impartial to it. And since this is going to be Clintasha....you'll see what happen.)

"Damn, I think I trained you too well," He smiles. "This ranch is owned by Laura, my sister-in-law. My brother Barney left her almost a year ago. And let's just say that Barney and I....don't have a very good past. When I found out about her, I asked Fury to get her off of SHIELD's radar make sure that she doesn't get into any more trouble than what she can deal with. The reason I'm bringing you here is because I need to know that I can trust people with this secret. Just in case things go bad in the field. I need to know that someone will take care of her. She's the only family I have left." He says, keeping his eyes trained low."

I smile and reach over to Clint and give him a hug. "I understand. I'll keep your secret."

"That means from the rest of the Avengers too." He says.

"I have a feeling that I won't have to keep this secret from Nat?" I say, sitting back in my chair.

"Well....yeah she knows." He smiles and lands the jet on a field of grass. We shut off all of the engines and grabbed our bags.

"Welcome to the Barton farm!" He laughs, spreading his hands out toward the scenery. We walk to a cute farmhouse and Clint opens the door.

"Sissy! I'm home!" Clint calls out into the house. A kind looking woman comes around the corner and smiles.

"I didn't think you'd be back so soon. Especially not with a friend." She smiles laughing.

"Hey, I try. Laura, this is Lexi, the agent I have been training. Lexi, this is Laura." He says, introducing me. I smile and shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you." I smile.

"Nice to meet you too. Clint has told me a lot about you." She smiles.

"Hopefully good things." I say, laughing and raising an eyebrow at Clint. He just smirks and shrugs. Then there is a patter of footsteps from the room above us.

"Aww incoming." Clint says as two young kids run up to him screaming "Uncle Clint, Uncle Clint!"

"Hey! You two have grown so much!" He says, tickling the two of them. Laura comes up to me and guides me to a spare room.

"I'm sorry its not much. It's-" Laura apologises as I enter the spare room.

"It's perfect. Don't worry about it Ms....." I say...unsure what to call her.

"Just call me Laura." She smiles and leaves so I have some privacy. I change out of my SHIELD uniform and into some jeans and a purple long sleeve sweatshirt. Winter is coming and the weather has taken turn for the colder.

I walk back down the stairs and find the kids playing in the living room. They see me and grab my hands. "Play with us Lexi!"

Surprised at their outburst I laugh and sit down with them. "So what are your names?" I ask them as they pull out some Legos.

"I'm Lila." The little girl says showing me her little Lego house. I place a little Lego person on its lawn and she smiles.

"I'm Coopwer." The little boy says, rolling a little blue lego car over to my leg. I resist and awwww as I here him mispronounce almost every word because of his missing teeth. He shows me his creations as the little girl sits on my lap and plays with her toys.

"Do you have powers?" Lila questions, cocking her head at me.

"What do you mean?" I ask them, caught of guard.

Cooper looks up at me excited to talk about the subject. "Well Uncle Clint said you are an Avengwer. All wof the Avengwers have powers. Thor can shoot lightwing strikes like POW POW POW!" He cheers. I smile and nod at him, motioning for him to continue. "Then Captain Americaw throws his shiewld around taking all of the bad guys! Also he uwsed to be tiny but now he's big!" Cooper says, streatching his arms to show how much Cap had changed. "And Uncle Clint can shoot awows so fast, you can't see them! Can you shoowt awows?"

"Yes I can actually," I smile at them. "I can shoot arrows. Your Uncle Clint taught me how to. But my power is water manipulation."

Lila mouths the word slowly, testing out the way it sounds. "What is manipulation." 

I almost start to explain when I get a better idea. I hold my hands together and form a large crystal snowflake in my hand. "Wow!" Lila and Cooper cheer as I make it float into the air and around the room. I draw it back into my hand and close it around my palms. Lila and Cooper come closer in curiosity and I open my hands and blow light, feathery snow out at them.

"Uncle Clint! Look! Lexi made it snow inside!!" Lila squeals running up to a surprised Hawkeye that I did not hear come in.

"Yeah, she's got a knack for doing that doesn't she. Now you two go run up to your mother, its time for your baths."

After a chorus of "Awww"s and some coaxing the kids leave the room and the two of us pack up their toys.

"They are so cute." I smile, nearly stepping on a lego. 

"Yeah, they're  little bundles of joy." Clint says, sitting down next to me. "And you work surprisingly well with kids."

"Yeah, well I used to help out back at Camp with the younger ones, so I guess that helped." I smile a little sadly.

"Well it clearly paid off, I haven't see those two that excited since last christmas." He smiles.

"Thanks, I think."

"Yeah. Well I'm going to go take a nap, make myself a sandwich and take another nap. So you feel free to roam wherever you want." Clint says getting up.

"Do you have any horses around here?" I ask hopefully.

"Yeah they are in the barn around the hill." Clint says and I nod watching them get up.

"Clint wait don't step-" I start, realizing where my SO is about to put his foot. He winces, swearing under his breath and gingerly picking his foot up from the ground. "on the lego."

"I would yell profanity right now but there are young children in the vicinity." He says, his face scrunched up in pain.

"That might be smart. Those things hurt more than a gunshot. HAWKWARD!" I reply, visibly cringing at the thought.

"LEXI YOU DID NOT JUST!" He says, his head snapping to face me.

"HAH!" I yell and run toward the door. "Take that Hawk-OWW!" 

In conclusion.....I probably should not have taken off my shoes.

Ok I had to end this in a derpy fashion cuz why not XD. I'm so derpy and clumsy its crazy. I'm sorry if you don't like that Laura is Barney's wife, I tried to integrate this into my book the best that I could. My bad!

So anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, please vote, comment and follow me if you did!

I'll see you all next week!

Stay Nerdy,

Nerdy_Girl ;P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 240 27
|Part 1| When Agent Hill is kidnapped and taken somewhere unknown, Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff are recruited by Fury to locate and rescue him...
1.5K 35 11
Maeve Fedorovna; an ungraduated assassin from the Red Room, an accomplice in attempts to kill Tony Stark, the world's most feared virus in the matrix...
1M 31.1K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
38.3K 1.5K 25
❤︎✧Clintasha romance novel✧❤︎ Book 1 (Completed) Teenage years + Romanogers and Buckynat moments ( I'm just borrowing the characters from Marvel and...