The Undercover Streetfighter✔...

By ashthunder123

{COMPLETE} {EDITING IN PROCESS} Ashley Winster, an alternate persona of what the world ex... More

Notice
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Covers and all!!!
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Tagged!
Important, important note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
// N O T E //
Epilogue (Chapter 31)
THANK YOU & SEQUEL INFO.
FUN FACTS!
All The Covers!!!
ONE MILLION!

Chapter 23

28.5K 1.1K 195
By ashthunder123

"What do you mean?" I asked in a cold voice, trying to make it sound manly enough.

"You know exactly what I mean," he told me.

"No, I don't. Enlighten me, please," I told him deepening my voice into a boyish one yet again.

"First of all, cut it out," he told me.

"Cut out what?" I asked confused about what he was asking me.

"Cut out the attempt of faking your voice, it may have me fooled once but that's not going to happen again," he answered.

"You still didn't answer my question though. I had asked you what you meant," I stated.

He let out a sigh of frustration.

"I know it is you- the one who fought amazingly, the one who disguised right now, the one I talked to at the park.. I know it's you," he said closing his eyes.

I glanced over at Jace to see him with his head hung low. I didn't say anything for a while, trying to let everything that happened sink into my mind.

"Ashley, Alvin, Ash, and the so-called Roxy are all the same," Jace finally whispered.

I sent him a death glare that shut him up and I could see him shudder a bit at the cold look I gave him. If looks could kill, both of them would be a good six feet under the ground- scratch that, maybe fifteen feet under.

"Now that you know who I am, you're going to keep this a secret or I'm going to kill you both- literally," I told them, half-lying since I don't think I'd want to go to jail in this age. I'd can't leave Dylan and dad alone to fend for themselves in a time like this..

'Ugh! What's wrong with me? Why do I turn everything like that into serious talk?' I thought to myself before getting out of his loose grip and finally out without anyone stopping me this time.

I may have been feeling confident but when I realized I was thirty minutes late to class without any reason- I may have backed off from the plan to get to class.

Instead, I went back into the janitor's closet because I couldn't go into the washroom ( I can't stand going into the boy's washroom- so no, that was definitely off the list!)  and there was no girl's bathroom in this hell of a place.

I was praying to god that those two idiots won't be there. As I was just about to enter, a voice stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Mr. Alvin! What do you think you're doing there?" boomed the principal.

Oh. My. Freaking. God! I officially hate my life now...

"Yes, sir?" I asked innocently.

"Office. Now," he said pointing at his door before I groaned and followed him in there.

He opened the door and in there sat the two people I despised more than anyone at the moment and was willing to rip their throats out.

You guessed it! The two idiots.. Aiden and Jace.

I rolled my eyes as I sat beside them since I had no choice.

"Now, can anyone explain what you were doing skipping class?" the principal asked leaning front and crossed his on his desk.

I glared at the both of them so hard- since it was their fault I got into trouble- but none of them dared to look at me, knowing that I'd probably have a deadly expression on.

"We.. we were-" Aiden stammered.

"One week detention." he simply stated.

Okay, that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be..

"Awesome," I sarcastically stated.

"Oh, and Mr. Alvin?" he asked.

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"You're tutoring Jace again for his math final exam, and if he fails you're going to get a certain mark cut off from your grade, however if you manage to get him to pass you get an extra twenty percent in your final average," he told me.

Okay, I take back everything I said before.. This is bad, really bad.

"B-But you can't do that," I whined.

"Oh, but I can," he replied smugly before dismissing all three of us out.

Nose flaring, I turned to Jace. "3 o'clock, library, tomorrow," I told him and he silently nodded before I left school having the absolute urge to just punch those two on their face enough so they can black out.

I tried to control my breathing since I was way too pissed at anyone and made my way to my bike without daring to look at the two buffaloes burning a hole with their stares at the back of my head.

Oh, by the way when I said buffaloes- I meant Aiden and Jace- I thought you'd figure that much out by yourself.

I got on the bike and starting the engine, I took off to my home since it was my only option besides the bar which I don't think will have many people in it right now- and the time right now was 8:35- so no.

I opened the door by the spare key I always have in my pocket and got in. 

"Hey Dan! I'm home!" I yelled before realizing that Dylan was still at school.

"Dad?" I called out.

No response.

"Dad?" I called out again but I got no response once again.

Curious to where he might be at this time, I went into his room but found it empty.

"Where could Dad be?" I voiced my thought out loud.

Having nothing to do at home, I took my bike keys and locked the front door and went out to look for dad.

I went to the shop lane to lookout for him but he wasn't there. The next place I went to was the ice cream shack where I didn't find luck either. Still wondering where he might be, I took the route to the bar in hopes that I would find him. Unfortunately, he wasn't there either.

If he wasn't there in any of the main places around Chicago, he was definitely somewhere not too familiar.

But the question was: Where?

Finally admitting defeat, I went back to home with the same question coming into my head numerous times.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Roxy!" Dylan screamed as he ran towards me with open arms.

"Dan!" I mocked him and squatted down to reach his height, opening my arms as well to give him a hug.

"How did you manage to come today?" he asked.

"Roxy can make time for Dan anytime," I told him with a wink.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," he told me, jumping up and down enthusiastically before engulfing me in a warm hug once again.

I hugged him back before turning back to face him. "Ready to go home?" I asked.

"Actually..." he trailed off while I groaned.

"What?" I asked giving him a disbelieving look.

"Maybe we could go to the-" 

"Ice cream shack," I continued and he looked at me as if I had grown another head.

"How did you know I was going to say that?" he asked.

"Trust me, it isn't that hard to find out what you're talking about," I told him chuckling and shaking my head lightly at him.

"Right," he told me sheepishly.

I nodded at him and narrowed my eyes at him, acting as if I was considering his question even though I already knew the answer to it already.

"So, can we go?" he asked hopefully with a genuine smile on his face.

"How can I say no to my darling of a brother?" I asked sarcastically.

"More like.. never," he told me, playing along and he ran over to the bike that stood right behind the entrance.

"Dylan, slow down!" I ordered as he ran across the road with me just behind him.

Out of no where, a black car came speeding right along the path we were walking in.

"Dylan!" I screamed, grabbing his hand and dragging him away from the road and into the pavement.

Breathing heavily with Dylan still in my arms, I whipped my head to the side to get a better view of the guy inside the car and the name plate.

The thing that shocked me was that there wasn't only one guy in it- no, there were around seven of them in there. Then, my eyes scanned the name plate.

All I saw was the two letters- M and J- together before they sped off.

"Hey! Wait up!" I called after them not leaving Dylan's shaking hand in the process.

It was too late. They were gone.

"Dan," I whispered soothingly into his ear, "It's alright. They probably didn't see you since you're a tiny guy."

He slapped my arm mockingly. "I. Am. Not. Tiny!" he said fiercely pointing his index finger on my chest and narrowing his eyes.

"There's the Dylan I know," I told him with a smile on my face.

He sighed and then gave me a small smile.

"So, are you up for the ice cream plan?" I asked raising my eyebrows and then dropping them twice.

"Hell yeah!" he told me with a fist pump and giddily jumped on my back. I smiled and all through the ride, I thought about how lucky I was to have a brother like Dylan.. especially how strong he was.

I parked it in front of the shop and took him with me inside.

The lady who was probably in her late twenties, working as the cashier smiled at me, recognizing me and Dylan. I mean who wouldn't? Every single time we came to get ice cream, she was on her shift. Not my fault.

I smiled back politely at her before giving her our usual orders.

"Coming up," she told me and motioned towards the seating area. I give her a quick nod and took Dylan over to the seats.

We were just talking about his school and friends when the waiter placed our ice creams on the table. 

"Thanks," I told him and he responded with a nod before scurrying away.

"Enjoy," I told him with an eye roll before he practically wolfed the ice cream down.

"Calm down, young man," I teased earning me a slap on my arm again.

"Hey! What was that for?" I asked before receiving another slap from him.

I groaned and rubbed the place he slapped on my arm- twice.

Sighing and narrowing my eyes at him, I ate mine as well and seeing that Dylan was already done, I called the waiter and asked for the bill.

When I got the bill, I quickly placed the money in it and took Dylan's hand once again, leading the way out.

"Well, wasn't that nice?" I asked.

"Oh, yes," he told me nodding furiously in a serious tone.

I chuckled a bit and ruffled his hair.

"Not my hair!" he whined.

Geez.. Boys are more sensitive when it comes to hair than girls. I'm telling this out of experience.

"Roxy! Duck!" he told me, eyes widened, as he pulled my head down along with his, leaving me confused to what was happening.

I finally understood what he was saying as an object whizzed above my head missing my head by centimeters and finally collided with the brick wall behind us.

I held Dylan's hand tighter and walked over to the object that just fell on the ground. I picked it up and examined it.

'No way,' I thought as I looked down at the object once again.

This couldn't be a bullet, could it? 

'Oh, but it was,' my inner voice told me.

"Dylan, run!" I yelled as I quickly stood up and ran to my bike as soon as possible.

I don't think these weird incidents lately were any coincidence...

Oh no, I don't.

*****************************************************************************************************************

So, what do you think is happening to Dylan and Ashley lately? Why so many troubles?

Anyways, I apologize wholeheartedly for the late update but life, school, and exams haven't been quite easy lately.. >.<

Well.. whatever the excuse may be, I'm sorry.

And before I forget, I would like to thank Sierra3618 for her awesome covers that she sent me by email! They're more than amazing! I love them! But, I am now thinking of keeping the same cover this book already has for a long time.. The problem is that her pics didn't have a link and therefore, I am unable to display it up here but trust me when I said that she did an unbelievable job! So, thank you! :):):)

Anyways, nearing up to 31K reads and maintaining a ranking of #4 in action- I wanted to thank you so much for all your lovely comments, support, and votes!!!

I love you guys so much for reading this and the book( if you've managed to come up here already ;)

Before you leave, however, click the vote button, follow me, share this story, and COMMENT!!!

See ya lovelies later,

~Pakhi<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fighter girl By Jade

Teen Fiction

789K 20.3K 28
I'm a fighter, I fight for the the things I want, I fight for the little family I have, I fight for everything I believe in, but most of all I fight...
809K 22.3K 31
#2 In Action : 06/25/16 She was a fighter from the start. She never knew who she was, she always felt lost after the death of her parents. No one had...
859K 40.5K 26
With her deadly secret out in the open, Cassie must fight even harder to protect not only her sister but her own heart. ...
688K 13.1K 32
Hailey Brown is a 17 year old Girl who was adopted when she was 3. Now that her Parents aren't alive anymore she goes to New York. But only if she kn...