The Prince's Visions

By Havecouragebkind

People say that death is not the end. For Evelyn, it's not. After battling cancer for almost four years, deat... More

Disclaimer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty three
Chapter Twenty four
Chapter Twenty five
Chapter Twenty six
Chapter Twenty seven
Chapter Twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty one
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter forty three
Chapter Forty four
Chapter Forty five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty seven
Dedication
Author's Note
Becoming Aredhel

Chapter Thirty Five

2K 92 12
By Havecouragebkind

But as for me, I will always have hope. -Psalm 71:14

_________

Legolas

A few weeks pass as we all settle into everyday life in Rivendell. During the day, I take walks with Eilonwy, accompany her to the library, or we spend time in the gardens. Lord Elrond also calls her in every once in awhile for a magic lesson, and she seems to be learning quickly. Eilonwy has a strong love for nature as I do, and I constantly tell her how I long for her to accompany me to Mirkwood someday. She always blushes when I say this, and I wonder what thoughts trickle through the river of her mind. Her eyes are always bright with emotion and passion, and I absolutely love that about her. Well, I love everything about her, really.

I stride down the light and airy hallway leading to her room, intent on taking her to the gardens. The day is bright and sunny, and my spirits are high. Lately, I have been thinking of when the right time would be to have a ring made for her. True, we have only known each other for a few months, but I already know our future and where my feelings lie. The only thing left is to know her true feelings. I know that she loves me as I love her, but is she truly ready to marry me? Proposing is a horrifying thing to think about. Rejection would kill me inside, and I would be terribly embarrassed.

I stop in front of her door, dismissing those thoughts. 'Tis best for me to wait. I knock on her door, and I smile as I hear her soft footsteps approaching. The door swings open, and I am met by the sight of the most beautiful elleth I have ever laid eyes upon. My heart sings as her forest green eyes meet mine, and when she smiles lazily, longing swirls through my body like a hurricane.

"Good morning," she greets me, her voice soft.

"Good morning, Mell nín (My beloved)," I answer her, and I watch as her eyes narrow teasingly.

"Must you always speak in Elvish and confuse me?" she questions, and I smirk at her.

"Teasing you is my favorite pastime," I reply.

She rolls her eyes, pretending to be upset, and she turns, walking deeper into her room. "Well then, I guess I will not be leaving my room today," she says, and I hear the laughter in her tone, "I am quite tired, it seems."

I laugh loudly, knowing exactly what she is doing. "I know what game you are playing, and it is very dangerous," I tell her, watching amusedly as she lies down in her bed, pulling the covers over her head.

"Hmm," she sighs, her voice muffled by the blankets, "I am not playing a game."

"Come, Eilonwy, let us take a walk in the gardens," I say, starting to become slightly anxious. I know that she is trying to make me come inside her room, but I just cannot allow that to happen. The longer I know her, the more my self control starts to dwindle. My visions are beginning to become more vivid, and that certainly makes things worse.

"I wish to stay indoors today and rest," comes her voice from under the blankets, and she rolls over under them before saying hesitantly and quietly, "You could join me, if you wish to spend time with me so badly."

I swallow thickly. She has been trying to talk me into coming inside her room

since the day we first arrived in Imladris. "Eilonwy," I sigh, placing my hand over my face exasperatedly, "How many times do I have to tell you?"

She does not reply, and I stand at her door like a buffoon, not knowing what to do. After a long moment of silence, I step into her room slowly, shutting the door behind me. I watch as she pulls the covers down to peek at me, and when she sees that I have not left, she sits up quickly, her eyes wide. "You actually did it," she states in surprise, and her shining eyes send warmth through my veins.

I shrug slightly, feeling antsy at the suffocating feeling of being completely alone with her. "I only wish for your happiness," I say slowly as I walk toward her, "And I am tired of making you upset."

She stares at me with unreadable emotions in her eyes as I stop beside her bed. "You can sit," she says quietly.

I sit down on the bed, keeping a safe distance between us, and I watch as she looks down at her hands shyly. She glances back up, staring at me with round doe like eyes, and I smile softly at her. "How are your magic lessons coming along?" I question.

She sighs and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear. "I believe my lessons are going well. I am learning very much, and slowly my powers seem to be growing," she says, "Lord Elrond is so very wise."

"I am glad to hear it," I reply, watching as she begins to absentmindedly braid a piece of her hair. I can tell she is nervous now that she seems to feel the invisible force pulling us together, and I suppress a smile. I try to think of more things to ask her, but the room seems to grow hotter and smaller as my thoughts turn back to her each time.

I take in her appearance slowly. Her hair falls down her shoulders in large crimson curls, except for the section she continues to braid and unbraid. Her lavender colored nightgown clings to her curves breathtakingly, and she has her slender legs tucked under her. She keeps her eyes trained on her hands, not meeting my gaze.

"Legolas," she says quietly, finally releasing her hair, but she still does not meet my gaze, "Have you had any... visions, lately?"

I blink in surprise, feeling a flush rising to my cheeks. I have never told her about my detailed visions, and those are all I have had lately. "Yes," I say hesitantly, hoping she will not ask any further questions.

She nods. "I wish that I could have visions. I feel slightly left out, not knowing what the future holds for us when you do," she says quietly.

I move closer to her, taking her hand in my own. I kiss her knuckles softly, feeling guilty even though I cannot change the fact that I have visions. "Do not feel that way," I say lowly.

"You could tell me," she whispers, her gaze finally meeting mine, and her face is dangerously close to mine, "About your visions, I mean."

I stay silent, furrowing my eyebrows. Galadriel nor Elrond would approve of that. When one sees the future, they are supposed to keep silent because telling someone could change things for the worse. But this is my future with Eilonwy. Does she not deserve to know?

"Forgive me. You do not need to tell me," she says, her voice pulling me out of my thoughts.

"My visions change," I begin, "Sometimes we are married, other times we are strangers, and often we are courting. Lately, though, I have been having visions where we are married."

She blushes deeply. "Married?"

I swallow nervously. "Yes," I say, searching her eyes, trying to understand what emotions are swimming in them.

Her blush still clings desperately to her cheeks as she searches for something to say. "Oh," she says in a small voice, "Well, can you tell me of them?"

I shake my head. "I do not think I should. Knowing the future when you do not see it yourself could potentially be dangerous."

Her eyes sadden, looking terribly disappointed. I struggle to think of a loophole, some way to give her a general idea, and an insane idea pops into my mind suddenly, forming from the fire engulfing my body as I look at her. "I cannot tell you," I say lowly, "But I can show you."

I lean forward, capturing her lips with my own. She tenses for a moment in surprise before melting into my kiss. My lips move against her's slowly, relishing in the feeling of being able to properly kiss her again. I allow my fingers to tangle in her silky hair, and a sigh escapes my lips as she runs her fingers down my chest. I pull away from her after long moments, my forehead resting against hers.

She looks into my eyes with utter surprise, breathing deeply. "You- we-," she stutters as her blush deepens, and she finally exclaims, "Why do I not have these visions?"

I chuckle deeply, pulling her closer to me.

"'Tis entirely unfair!" she exclaims as she rests her head against my chest, "No wonder you did not wish to come in my room." Her laugh reaches my ears, and I tighten my arms around her.

A grin pulls at my lips as I kiss her head softly, rubbing her arms tenderly. "I do not know why I have them, but I feel incredibly lucky. I have been dreaming of you every night for four years."

She pulls back to look at me, narrowing her eyes. "And here I am, barely able to dream of you for one night. If I could control my dreams, they would always be of you, but my stupid brain just swirls together a story that never makes sense. For instance, last night I dreamed of a giant pink bunny sword fighting me."

I burst out laughing, leaning down to kiss her lips once again. "Did the bunny win?" I tease as I pull away, and she hits my arm, "Ow!"

"For your information, the bunny did win, Legolas, and it was quite humiliating," she replies.

I laugh loudly, resting my forehead against her's once again. "Orthach 'uren ir tirach enni, Meleth nín (You lift up my heart when you look at me, My love)," I tell her with a smirk, knowing she will become angry.

She rolls her eyes. "Again with the Elvish! If you have something to say to me, tell me where I can understand," she states before she raises her eyebrow, "Unless you are afraid to tell me?"

"You lift up my heart when you look at me, My love," I repeat lowly, my nose brushing her's.

She laughs lightly, wrapping her arms around my neck. "You always have the most romantic things to say; whereas, I am only able to blush and stutter in your presence," she whispers, giggling slightly.

I roll my eyes at her statement. "I only speak from my heart, and believe me, you are wrong. I love your blushing," I tease.

She kisses me, pulling me closer to her, and I allow myself to enjoy our peace while it lasts.

A knock sounds at the door, and I pull away from her reluctantly. "Just a moment," Eilonwy calls, pushing me back on the bed and throwing the blankets over me to hide me from view, and she whispers, "Do not move."

I feel her spring from the bed, and she opens the door.

"My lady, Lord Elrond requests your presence in his study," comes the voice of a young ellon, and I close my eyes tightly, suppressing an irritated groan. Of course we would be interrupted now.

"Oh, thank you," Eilonwy replies, "I will be there shortly."

I hear her close the door, and it is silent for a moment before she crashes down on top of me. I groan in pain, hearing her laugh ringing about the room, and she pulls the covers away from my face, staring down at me with shining green eyes. "I have to leave now, but you are more than welcome to stay," she says with a teasing grin, and I roll my eyes.

"Would you please get off of me? I think you may have crushed my ribcage," I say rather formally, and she laughs delightedly, her eyes squinting in amusement.

She leans down and kisses my lips lightly before once again leaping from the bed. "I have to change now, so you must leave," she says as she approaches her wardrobe, digging through her clothes quickly.

She pulls out a white dress and turns, laughing when she sees that I have not moved. "Legolas! You are so slow sometimes, like a cute little turtle."

I wrinkle my nose. "Please do not call me cute," I say, chuckling deeply, "And on another note, you confuse me greatly."

"How do I confuse you?" she asks, her eyes sparkling in interest and curiosity.

"One moment you are so shy, and the next you are as bold as a grizzly bear. I wonder why that is," I say softly, getting off her bed.

She grins. "A grizzly bear? Why I do not know whether I should be offended or not!"

I smirk. "You called me a cute turtle, and that is degrading to my masculinity."

"'Tis degrading to my masculinity,'" she copies in a deep voice, and I glare playfully at her, laughing loudly.

"You did not reply to my earlier statement," I point out with a raised brow.

She sighs slightly. "I do not know why I do that. One minute I feel as if we have known each other for thousands of years, and the next I feel the way I did when I first saw you, shy and bashful. It is odd, I know, but I guess love is just like that," she says quietly, shrugging.

I cross the room, pushing a strand of hair away from her eyes. "Love. I do not think I will ever tire of hearing you say that word," I tell her.

She smiles beautifully, her eyes glittering. "I love you, Legolas, but I really must hurry. I do not wish to keep Lord Elrond waiting," she says.

I lean down, placing a chaste kiss to her forehead, and I take her hand in mine, squeezing it once. "I love you. I will see you later, yes?" I question, looking down into her clear, loving gaze.

She nods. "Of course."

Squeezing her hand once more, I walk to the door and open it, looking over my shoulder.

"Good luck."

__________

A/N: Sorry for the late update, but the dreaded writer's block has hit me like a ton of bricks. I hope y'all enjoyed this, and please be patient with me! Love y'all to the moon and back, and God bless! <3

Love,

Josie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 55 15
Livia , daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebrian, sister to Arwen and the twins Elladan, Elrohir loves to go to Adventures and explore the world. S...
39.9K 2.3K 144
Brothers Elladan and Elrohir live normal lives by their father's standards, but both twins struggle to accept the way Elrond raises them. When a demo...
40.2K 886 22
A LORD OF THE RINGS STORY: Eline, daughter of Lord Elrond has been kept a secret for many years. She is courageous and fearless, much different to h...
283K 11.4K 36
Storm Of Arrows ➝ Lord of the Rings [Legolas] ✓ 2014 Hunting Spiders in the forest of Mirkwood, Legolas, Prince of the Woodland Realm, comes across...