The Strength of Us

By sabbbycat

There's always been something missing in Stevie's life. She just doesn't know what or who it is. When Stevie'... More

Intro
Cast List
Chapter One - I Just Like To Piss You Off
Chapter Two - I Think You Have An Addiction
Chapter Three - It's Just Easier This Way
Chapter Four - Don't Compliment Her Too Much
Chapter Five - I'm Just Being Realistic
Chapter Six - Are Turtlenecks Back In Style Now?
Chapter Seven - Why Are You Smiling?
Chapter Eight - It Was Kind Of A Disaster
Chapter Nine - I Don't Want To Ruin This Vacation
Chapter Ten - It's Too Late For That
Chapter Eleven - You Are So Mean
Chapter Twelve - Are We In Junior High?
Chapter Thirteen - I Have Manners, You Know
Chapter Fourteen - Please Tell Me I'm Dreaming
Chapter Fifteen - I Like Being On Top
Chapter Sixteen - I Will Kick You Out If I Have To
Chapter Seventeen - This Better Be Worth It
Chapter Eighteen - You'll Have To Wait
Chapter Nineteen - Are You Lying To Me?
Chapter Twenty - It's Only Because I Like You
Chapter Twenty-One - I Tried To Be Nice Today
Chapter Twenty-Two - It's Not Old News To Me
Chapter Twenty-Three - You Are My Little Sister
Chapter Twenty-Four - She Deserves To Be Miserable
Chapter Twenty-Five - I'm Not A Complete Weirdo
Chapter Twenty-Six - I Always Cook To Impress
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Don't Sound So Happy
Chapter Twenty-Nine - That's A Lie If I Ever Heard One
Chapter Thirty - I Want One Thing From You
Chapter Thirty-One - You Should Have Clarified That
Chapter Thirty-Two - Optimistic People Often Live Longer
Outro

Chapter Twenty-Seven - Can I Borrow Your Girlfriend?

2.1K 92 104
By sabbbycat

Chapter Twenty-Seven - "Can I Borrow Your Girlfriend?"

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

As two and a half more weeks passed, I had become more accustomed to being at Oliver's house. He felt more comfortable with inviting me over after the first dinner we had with his mother and his siblings, which was a success, if I do say so myself. His mom loves me and I thought it was amazing how she remembered me even though I haven't seen her in years.

Not to mention that every time I go over his house, his dad is almost more excited to see me than Oliver, which is pretty flattering. I don't think he could be more excited to see anyone other than Oliver though.

So now it's Friday, and there's something that's been on my mind since I met his family. Since I had the pleasure of getting to know all of them. Since Oliver opened up the doors to his life and let me in; which I honestly never expected to happen so quickly.

We've only been dating for about three months now, but I guess since we've known each other for a long time, it's not like we started from scratch. Anyway, within this short period of time, I've realized something.

I am totally, completely in love with this boy.

That doesn't mean because I realized it I said something. I sort of just stuffed the thought to the back and kept occupying myself with other things. Like how bad I want to go all the way with Oliver.

Too fast?

That's what girl best friends are for.

"Hey, can I borrow your girlfriend for a little bit?" I asked Alex once we were in his car. He turned around and raised an eyebrow at me, narrowing his eyes a bit. "Just for a few minutes."

"Hm, fine," he agreed, but still seemed a little unsure. I smiled gratefully as he unbuckled himself and got out of his car, waiting away from it.

It's after school and we're just about to leave, but I have to talk to Alyssa before I go hang out with Oliver. This is basically my only chance to do so.

"What's up?" Alyssa turned around in her seat from shotgun to face me in the back. Her blue eyes are alive with curiosity, making me wish mine could look like that. But no, they're just brown.

I took a deep breath and picked at my cuticles, suddenly interested in the state of my nails. Here comes a very awkward talk.

"Okay well," I started off with a sigh. "I've been thinking about something for a little while now and I wanted to talk to you about it. To get like, a girl's opinion, or something. So... uh-"

"You wanna have sex with Oliver?" She said comfortably.

I almost choked on my spit as I nodded my head, and felt my cheeks heat up at her words. At least I didn't have to say it.

"I know," she admitted, smiling at me.

"How?" I asked.

"I'm a girl too, Stevie. And at one point, I had the same thoughts as you, months ago with Alex," she giggled a little.

"Oh. Well, is it too soon? Do you think it's the right time? Or-"

"Why are you asking me? These are things you should be asking yourself," she cut me off again. "You're gonna be the one doing it. If you feel comfortable and you think it's the right time, I say go for it. Doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

"I know that with Alex, I was terrified, but excited too. It was my first time with anybody so of course I was really, really nervous. But I was excited because I knew that I loved him and that I was ready," she smiled nostalgically, which made me smile too. It was contagious.

And it made me realize that that's the first time I'd ever heard either of them mention the word "love". I'm pretty sure that they still haven't said it yet, and it's been almost a year. But everyone has their own time limit on things and they seem pretty happy with where they're at now.

Although I'll probably pester Alex about it later on.

"That made me feel a lot better," I admitted with a laugh.

"I just tell it how it is," she shrugged, laughing too. "But don't expect it to be perfect or anything. No one's first time is perfect."

"Oh I know that. I've already accepted it," I nodded, and she laughed again. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, looking out the window. I felt a smile start to grow on my face as I started to think about Oliver and how much he means to me.

How happy he makes me. How much I care about him and how much he cares about me.

How much I really love him.

"What?" Alyssa asked, a smile in her tone.

I shook my head simply, the smile still printed on my face. "I just really love him. I really, really do," I spoke softly.

When she didn't say anything, I looked back at her and she was grinning at me. And I think that smile gave me all the advice I would need for tonight.

I smiled back and opened my door, calling to Alex. "You can come back now!"

He nodded and jogged over, getting into his seat and starting his car. "Is everything okay?" He looked back and forth from me to Alyssa a few times.

"Yup," Alyssa and I said together. He nodded again, put his car into drive and pulled out of the parking lot.

Him and Alyssa went back to his house, while I went into my empty abode and waited for Oliver to come pick me up. He said he was going to pick up his siblings from their schools, get his truck washed and then come get me. So in the meantime, I grabbed a muffin from the pantry and ate it while watching old reruns of Drake & Josh.

The time quickly passed me by, when Oliver sent me a text saying he was on his way. I put my plate in the sink, turned off the TV in the living room and texted my dad my plans. If I didn't, he'd be worried sick as to why I wasn't home. Just a typical, worrywart dad.

I waited for his truck to pull up out front, and then ran out of my house and hopped in shotgun with a grin.

"Hi," I greeted him happily.

"Hey," he smiled back, leaning over and kissing me. It wasn't just a peck either, it was a passionate, mind-jumbling kiss.

His hand held my cheek gently, his fingers leaving sparks wherever they touched. It's like he hasn't seen me in weeks and he finally got to kiss me.

Seconds later, he pulled away, leaving me breathless as my eyes fluttered open.

"What was that for?" I whispered.

"I'm just happy to see you," he smirked, kissing me again and then pulling away from my house.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

"Hey Pa," Oliver said with a goofy grin. We both walked into his father's room, and I saw Nina messing around with a wheelchair in the corner. She gave us a quick wave and a smile, then went back to trying to fix it.

"Hi guys. What's going on?" Mr. Hooke smiled at us. He sat up slowly in his bed, yawning a little and stretching his arms.

"Nothing. We're just gonna hang out here," Oliver shrugged. "What's happening? You going out?"

"Yeah," Mr. Hooke shrugged with a smirk. "Nina is gonna take me on a walk around the neighborhood. She says it's warm outside and that I should get to experience it."

"You should, it's a gorgeous day," I agreed, nodding my head.

Mr. Hooke grinned at us, the same crooked grin as Oliver, and then leaned up some more. He sighed, running his hands over his hair and looked at Nina.

"You almost ready?" He asked her.

"Don't rush me, Ethan," she chuckled, glaring at him playfully.

Mr. Hooke smirked and shook his head. "Well, you guys go 'hang out' or whatever. We won't bother you," he said to us.

"Alright, have a nice walk," Oliver smiled.

"Thanks," Mr. Hooke grinned. "If we ever make it outside."

"Hush," Nina hissed, making him laugh again.

The two of us left the room laughing, then walked down the hall and went into Oliver's messy room. He shut the door behind us as I went to sit down on his bed, but I ended up curling into a ball after I kicked off my Converse.

"Comfy?" He chuckled at me, raising an eyebrow as he searched for something.

"Yes, very," I giggled. He smirked, picking up the remote out of a pile of clothes and turning on the TV.

He switched the channels around a few times until he settled on something, then he sat down on the end of his bed. He picked up my feet and rested them on his lap, taking one in his hands and massaging it.

I sunk deeper into his mattress and felt completely comfortable. I shut my eyes, and enjoyed the feeling of Oliver's hands working on the muscles of my tired feet.

I heard him chuckling and I opened one eye, peering at him and raising my eyebrow. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"Nothing," he insisted with a smirk.

"Hm," I grunted, smirking too and then shutting my eyes again.

The foot rub lasted for a few more minutes, then we continued watching TV and I almost fell asleep a couple times. But the last thing I want to do is nap.

All I can keep thinking about is what Alyssa said earlier and how much I care about Oliver. My heart started to pound faster in my chest, as "I love you" was crawling up my throat. I felt it bubbling over and my mouth twitched at the thought of me saying it.

What would he say? Has he ever really been in love before? Would he say it back?

I hadn't realized that in my state of deep thinking, I was staring blankly at Oliver's face. My eyebrows were deeply furrowed and I was chewing on my bottom lip.

"What's up?" He chuckled at my expression.

I shook my head abruptly, looking into his eyes now. My stomach flipped at the way his golden gaze burned through me. Like it always does.

Now would be the time where you say something.

"Uh," I squeaked out. Great start.

I felt my face heat up as I cleared my throat and leaned up a bit. He just continued to stare at me, concerned and confused.

"Are you okay?" He slowly said, leaning up too. He's still sitting on the end of the bed, with my feet on his lap as I'm up by the headboard.

I let out a deep breath and I figured I might as well face my fear. If I want this to work, I'm going to have to come out with my feelings.

And what makes me feel a little less nervous is thinking of the time on vacation when Oliver came into my room and kissed me. It definitely took me by surprise, but he took a risk and look what happened? We're dating now.

I remember him saying that he thought "if I really do like this girl and care about her as much as I say I do, then I need to tell her". So that's my inspiration for the moment before telling Oliver the big ILU.

"Can I say something?" I completely sat up now. I really have no intentions for him to even answer the question, but it just felt right to ask permission before I come out and say something like "I love you". Maybe I'm just weird.

"Yeah," he nodded firmly, knitting his eyebrows further together.

And he barely even finished the word before I blurted it out.

"I love you."

His face froze.

Fuck.

Our gaze disconnected when his eyes latched onto the sheets of his bed. I opened my mouth to say something else, but nothing came out. Alyssa did not prepare me for this.

I thought my heart was going to jump out my throat, my head was going to fall off and the world was going to stop spinning. Until he finally said something.

"No girl has ever told me that before," he said in nearly a whisper.

I felt my heart swell at the sound of his voice. A little broken, but a little hopeful. A smile was pulsing behind my flat lips, but I held it back.

"Well," I croaked. "I'm glad to have the honor of being the first."

"As well as being my first girlfriend," he smirked up at me. I smiled too, but I honestly feel grateful that he's looking at me again.

"I was thinking about it a lot and I really care about you. Even though we haven't been dating for that long, we've known each other for awhile now and it felt right," I nodded.

"I hope you know I feel the same way about you," he said, his voice small. He looked down at his hands and played nervously with his fingers. I just smiled a little. "It's just... you know me and... it's not easy for me to get my feelings out there."

"I know," I agreed. "I don't want you to feel like you have to say it back or anything. I know how you are and you're not a dick, and you're definitely nothing like Travis. So if you want time, that's fine. Figure out what you wanna say and get your thoughts together, then say it when you're ready. I get that a relationship is new to you. I don't want you to feel overwhelmed."

Obviously I'm not mad at him for not immediately responding back with "I love you too". I know exactly what Oliver means, and I don't want him to feel pressured. It just felt right for me and I wanted to say it because, well, I meant it.

And I want him to be able to feel comfortable and mean it when he says it to me. I've been through enough trauma with Travis, so I'm not going to force Oliver into this.

"Thanks for understanding," he breathed with a thankful smile. "I knew you would. You really are the best, you know that?"

"I've been told that before, yes," I grinned cheekily. Then I leaned forward, crawling over his legs and softly pressed my lips to his. I felt him smile into our kiss as soon as our lips connected, and it made the butterflies in my stomach flutter around wildly. Along with foot rubs, that's gotta be one of the best feelings ever.

It didn't take much longer for our kiss to heat up. I mean, I couldn't stop thinking about having sex with Oliver for the past however many days, and I know Oliver probably wouldn't pass up that offer. We've been taking our relationship slow, like we said in the beginning, but I can't wait any longer.

To say that there's been some sexual tension built up for awhile is a bit of an understatement. I love this boy and I want all of him.

He ended up gently pushing me back, causing me to lie onto his bed as he hovered over me. I rolled us over a few minutes later so I was straddling him, and pulled him with me so we're both sitting up. His hands held onto my waist, as I wrapped my arms around his neck and he moved his lips away from mine.

He kissed my jaw, all the way down until the crook of my neck – which is pretty much my weakness. So naturally, my eyes started to roll into the back of my head when his teeth began to gnaw at the skin there.

"Shit," I whispered breathlessly.

Oliver chuckled against my hot skin, pecking it lightly. "I think I found your sweet spot," he said in a low, almost growling tone. But he's just being a nudge because we've been dating long enough for him to clearly know that after a couple times of making out.

"Shut up," I groaned, my voice weak as I tangled my fingers deeper into his hair. He chuckled deeply again on my neck, nipping at it a few more times to surely leave a mark.

He nudged his fingers under the hem of my t-shirt, which made a fire ignite inside my stomach. Them pressed against my skin, which was burning with desire, made my head spin. I couldn't take it anymore and grabbed onto his shirt, yanking it up and pulling it over his head.

His bare torso is in my view as I felt my chest heaving a bit. But I ignored all the nerves I was feeling and just let the excitement take over instead.

I reached for the bottom of my shirt now and pulled it off quickly, throwing it onto the floor with Oliver's. He looked at me in awe a little bit which made my face heat up, as a small smirk grew on my lips. I watched his eyes travel up and down my chest, like he was waiting for my bra to pop off itself.

I rested my hands on his shoulders, subtly trying to slow my breathing down as we stared at each other. His eyes looked back and forth between mine, then I leaned back in and kissed him hard.

I'm honestly just hoping he gets the hint that I want to have sex without me having to bluntly say it. But seeing as that I'm practically ripping our clothes off, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

His hands slid around my back and I arched it at the fact that his hands were chilling on my bare skin. I kept kissing him when I felt him reach for the clasp of my bra as he gently unhooked it. Pulling away from his lips for a second, I let out a shaky breath and let him take it off slowly, then he tossed it on the ground.

My heart is racing. I can't really think straight anymore. All I know is that I want to do this and I can't wait any longer.

As I leaned back in and kissed him slowly, pressing our bare chests together, I thought about something.

I thought about how nervous I was when Oliver took me to the lake for my birthday/Valentine's day date. I remembered how I actually had to stop kissing him because I got so shook up.

Then I thought about how comfortable I am now. How right now, in this moment, I love him. How I'm not that scared, fragile girl who's afraid of getting hurt.

I'm a girl who loves her boyfriend and damnit, I'm proud of that.

I left his lips and started leaving a trail of kisses down his jawline, stopping when I got to his neck and playfully biting the skin. When I heard him inhale sharply, I smiled to myself.

Suddenly he spoke up, making me pause for a moment.

"Is this going where I think it's going?" He asked, his voice raspy and sexy. "Or am I reading the situation wrong?"

I smirked and picked my head up. "I was hoping it would, if you want to," I said softly, kissing him a few times.

"I'm a guy, of course I want to," he muttered onto my lips, chuckling a bit.

"Well then stop talking and let's get to it," I spoke with confidence. I'm surprised at how clear my voice is, and how my heart isn't racing anymore.

"Are you sure? You're gonna be okay with having me be the first guy?" He stared right into my eyes.

"Oliver," I whispered, putting one of my hands on his cheek and stroking my thumb on his soft skin. "I love you. And I'm ready."

The right side of his mouth quirked up a little, and I smiled because I couldn't help it.

"Me too," he whispered back. And I can't even explain to you how I felt after that because I'm pretty sure I drifted up onto a cloud.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

A/N - Y'all... I don't know how to feel right now!!! Comment your thoughts and let's talk - this chapter makes me emotional af (I'm not sorry about it either).

So I told you that Stoliver was going to reach a huge milestone in their relationship! Is this what you thought I was talking about? What did you think of this chapter? What about Stevie dropping the L-bomb on Oliver and his reaction to it? Do you think he'll ever say it back to her Also, there's a storm brewing. I won't give anything away, but with five chapters left, what could possibly happen?!

Thanks for reading and like I said, leave me some stuff to read in the comments! Love ya lots.

Song: Waiting Game by BANKS

Photo: Stevie and Oli's hands rip me

Dedicated to: Shattered_Realities ok her writing is extremely good and she's an amazing person! Check out her works if you get the chance, it's worth it. Thank you for all the love :)

xoxo, sabbbycat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 646 115
Complete ✔️ First love is beautiful. Isn't it? Maybe or maybe not The story revolves around a teenage girl "Anne" who fall in love for the first tim...
17.9K 1.7K 24
"You had no right to do that," I snap, trying my best to out walk him. His chuckle was loud behind me and his hand griped on my forearm, stopping me...
3.7K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
3.3K 61 41
Meet Avril. Two years after her parents' death and she's still struggling with her emotions towards them. When Dallas shows up at her school, Avril...