What's In A Name? {Harry Pott...

By i-cant-think-help

Rose and Scorpius did not have a good experience together during their time at Hogwarts. Matching their paren... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Epilogue
Epilogue Part 2
Author's Thank You

Chapter Twenty Six

624 15 1
By i-cant-think-help

A/N- Sorry the writing style in this chapter is very different. I don't really know what came over me when I wrote this chapter, but I decided to write it quite differently. I think it works for this chapter and for what happens in this chapter, but I will be back to my normal style next chapter. Anyway, enjoy!

Rose rolled over. She refused to look at her. Dominique stood beside her bed, her arms crossed across her chest, a spiteful grin across her face. She couldn't see it, but Dominique knew Rose's face would be bright red with anger right now, of course it would be- that is how her darling cousin Rosie worked. Dominique was in a mood. A mood that Rose usually put her in. She liked this mood. She loved being mischievous, and she knew just how much her cousin hated her. And how she could play up on that.

Scorpius sat on the end of Rose's bed, his hand on her legs, trying to comfort her. He was talking to her, softly, but Dominique wasn't listening, she was planning. It didn't take her long to plan. She knew how to wind her cousin up- to make her angry. She walked closer to the bed, closer to Scorpius. He wasn't paying any attention to her, he only had eyes for innocent Rosie. She stood behind him. She put her hand on his shoulder. He immediately flicked it off. "Don't touch me" he growled, his voice deep. Lovely.

Dominique could see Rose's face from here. It was red. Like her hair. A deep red, not like Dominique's fake-looking red, edging more on that horrible mocking ginger than her cousin's. Why did things never work out for her? She shrugged the thought off. Carry on with the plan.

"Hey Scorpius, haven't seen you in a while" she teased. She saw Rose's eyes flicker up to her. Full of hate, those eyes were, why were they always full of hate? Oh yeah. Scorpius didn't say a word back. He continued to mutter his concern to Rose. Useless, silly boy, Rose's anger won't die down until she leaves. Which was why she wasn't going to. She put her hand on Scorpius' shoulder again. He pushed it off. This might take some time.

She walked around the bed, she was standing in front of Rose but she didn't look at her. She looked at Scorpius. But he didn't look at her. He only had eyes for innocent Rosie. Ugh. Dominique was getting angry, she needed to think of something else. Aha!

She turned to Rose, and knelt beside her, ran her hands through that gorgeous red hair. Rose practically punched her hand away. "Don't touch me" she spat.

"Now, now, Rosie" Dominique grinned, "Don't you think it's about time we made up? It was a very long time ago now". Rose could hear the maliciousness in her voice. Well, it was pretty apparent. Scorpius glared at her.

"Go away Weasley" he snarled. She wasn't going to. She fell back onto her heels, time to place the sad card.

"You really hate me, don't you?" she asked, her eyes going to the floor brimming with fake tears, her grinning falling from her mouth, "both of you do". Neither of them said a word, not to her at least.

"Get her out of here" Rose whispered to Scorpius. He nodded, and stood up to leave the room. Rose bolted into an upright position, "don't you dare leave the room" she snapped. Scorpius nodded again, she has him whipped Dominique thought, her eyes rolling- good thing they couldn't see her, though they weren't even looking at her. Just then, Albus walked back into the room. Dominique sighed, there was no way she could tease the two of them now. She stood up, rolling her eyes, so much for fun she thought.

"I thought I sent you in here to explain, Domi" Albus asked, "looks like you're not doing that as I would have heard a lot more shouting" Albus laughed slightly, but after looking at everyone else's faces, he stopped.

"I have nothing to explain" Dominique shrugged, and folded her arms across her chest.

"You have everything to explain, Domi" Albus replied, "and don't think I don't want to know either, Rose is my best friend and my cousin, I want her to be happy just as much as she does- so talk"

"I don't care" Rose hissed "I just want her gone"

"She's not going anywhere until she explains" Scorpius said, standing up and folding his arms, glaring directly at Dominique. Maybe not so whipped then, Dominique thought.

"What if I don't want to explain" Dominique declared, her smirk back in its place, "what if it's too painful"

"As if you haven't caused enough pain, Nique" Rose breathed. Dominique sighed before her smirk re-joined her face.

"Alright, I guess you do deserve an explanation" Dominique giggled.

"Not if you're going to act that way about it" Albus scolded.

FLASHBACK- TOWARDS THE END OF DOMINIQUE'S SIXTH YEAR

Dominique sat curled up on the sofa with her boyfriend, Benjie. They sat together peacefully, as they did every night, watching the fire and listening to the hectic sounds of the Gryffindor common room. He ran his hand through Dominique's gorgeous ginger locks, and she placed her hand on his chest. They were happy.

Hours went by, and the couple did not stir. Perhaps they fell asleep in the position, they couldn't tell you. They were happy. Comfortable in their silence. Soon, it was dark and the hustle and bustle of the common room slow disappeared. Soon, they were the only two left in the room. They were happy.

Not long later, a noise broke the perfect silence they were sitting in. A shuffling, coming from one of the corridors. But they didn't care, they had sat through months worth of sound, it didn't disturb them. Not until the shuffling grew closer to them.

Dominique heard the familiar groan of the floorboards being lifted up. Someone was taking the invisibility cloak. She pushed herself up, she was curious. It wasn't unusual for someone in her family to go out late at night- they had the cloak for a reason- but she wanted to know why. Who was taking it? Where were they going? She sat up further, Benjie following her- confused, no doubt.

Dominique spotted a small figure, so it wasn't any of her older cousins... but before she had a chance to catch a glimpse of the figure's face, they had disappeared. They only thing she was able to see was a snatch of red hair, and of course that narrows it down so much.

She quickly forgot the encounter, and went back to Benjie, and before long, they fell asleep.

The next night, Dominique kept a conscious eye out, but nothing happened. Not that she cared. But the night after, it happened again. Just a glimpse of red hair. But she saw more of it this time, it was curly. Not many of her cousins had curly hair. Merlin, only one of them had curly hair. Rose.

What would Rose be doing going out at a time like this? Rose was a goody. She would never if stay up past curfew. What has gotten into her? Dominique shook it off. She's maturing she told herself, she's just finding what she's really like, not influenced by Auntie Hermione.

This routine happened for a month, every other day Rose would sneak off to, well Dominique didn't know where, but she couldn't follow her- she needed the cloak for that. Dominique tried to tell herself she didn't care, but every time she watched her cousin go she grew more and more curious. Soon, she found herself telling Benjie about it.

"Why do you care where she goes Domi?" Benjie asked. Dominique couldn't answer that, she didn't truly know, but she needed to talk to someone about it. "Besides, Domi, I've never seen her leave"

"That's because she has the cloak, silly" Dominique laughed, resting her head on Benjie's shoulders. Dominique sighed, "Why don't you look out for her, on Thursday, that's when she'll go next"

"Domi, I really don't care why your cousin is up to, why don't you enjoy your time with me?" Benjie asked, and Dominique realised he looked hurt.

"I do enjoy my time with you, Benjie, you know I do. Benjie I love you but she just makes me curious" Dominique explained.

"So that's why you get so uptight every other day, you don't relax so much, because you are looking out for your cousin" Benjie sighed "Domi, she's thirteen, she's experimenting with her life, leave her. I have no doubt you did that sort of thing at that age"

"Of course I did, but not every other night!" Dominique explained, she shrugged, trying to get shake her curiosity away. "I'm sorry I brought it up, Benjie" she sighed "I'll forget about it"

But she couldn't. Every other day she looked out for Rose leaving, which she did. Every night, Dominique would see the same curl of red hair as it fell under the cloak. It happened at the exact same time every time she went, and nothing could stop Dominique from getting more and more curious.

"There's no use trying to hide it, Domi" Benjie sighed, one night that Dominique had spent waiting for and watching Rose, "I know you haven't forgotten about it, and it's painfully obvious that you watch her every other night"

"I'm... I'm sorry Benjie, I just don't understand" Dominique explained, or failed to.

"I just don't understand why you care" Benjie shook his head "you have never been like that for any of your other cousins- and don't lie I know you've seen them leave with that damned cloak too- or even your siblings"

"I don't really know, either" Dominique shrugged, a confused look resting on her face, "I guess it's just because Rose is such a goody, I never would have thought she would go out every other evening, spend so much time out of her evenings to go somewhere... I just didn't think Rose was like that"

"Well, now you know that she is like that, can you stop spending all our time together waiting for her and watching her leave? It's not like you do anything about it" Benjie groaned.

"I'm sorry, Benjie... you're right, it's useless" Dominique agreed, but that didn't stop her caring about what her little cousin did.

Another month went by, and despite everything Benjie told her, Dominique could not stop herself watching Rose leave. Her mind was consumed by theories as to where she went, what she did. She was pretty much obsessed with her cousin's secret life. And it didn't help hers. Benjie noticed, and he had begun to tell her to stop it every night that she did it, which was every night that Rose left. And one night, Benjie gave up. After the faint thump of the portrait door closing, he stood up, and faced Dominique.

"You know what, Domi" Benjie huffed, "I've had enough of this, I've told you to stop, I've told you why you should stop, I've helped you stop, why won't you stop?"

"What?" Dominique asked, standing up, confused, "I've told you I don't know why I can't stop, she just confuses me! Why do you care so much?"

"Because you're not spending as much time with me anymore!" Benjie went on, "you might physically be with me, but not mentally. No. I can tell, you are always thinking, wondering, why can't you stop wondering about her?"

"I don't know!" she replied, knowing instantly where this was heading.

"Well, I've had enough! She might be your cousin but that doesn't mean you control her, she can do what she wants. She seems happy, doing what she does, so leave her alone!"

"Why are you so angry about this, Benjie?" Dominique whimpered.

"Because you need to stop, Nique"

"Nique?" Dominique gasped, "you never call me Nique... what?"

"I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore, I want to spend time with you, but you're not you anymore" Benjie shook his head, and walked up to the boys' dorms. Dominique slumped on the sofa, the seat still warm where Benjie sat. She cried, does this mean that... they're over? She sat there crying, for the rest of the evening. She even heard Rose come in- something she was usually asleep for. Not that she cared, not anymore.

The next day, she wasn't upset. Well, she was, but she was more angry than anything. Angry at Benjie, why would he break up with her over that? Angry at herself, why would she let herself get like that just over her cousin? But mostly, angry at Rose, why did she make Dominique so curious? She needed someone to blame. She couldn't blame herself, it wasn't really her fault, she couldn't blame Benjie, she still loved him. So she blamed Rose. It was all Rose's fault.

The day after, she sat on the sofa. Their sofa. She waited for the hustle of the common room to leave. She waited for it to get dark. And she waited for Rose to get the cloak. As Rose left, she followed her. It was hard, but she could see the dust that had settled on the ground move ever so slightly. Rose turned a corner, and Dominique knew where she was going. The room of requirement, of course. Silently, she cast an invisibility charm over herself, and followed Rose into the cosy room.

She looked around. It looked lovely. Nice and cosy, just how Rose liked it, obviously. As she scanned the room, she spotted a mop of blonde hair, sitting on one of the two sofas in the middle of the room. So it was a boy Rose was meeting, huh. She walked closer.

MALFOY? Rose was meeting the Malfoy boy? Dominique knew she had a reason to be curious. MALFOY? Really Rose? But Dominique didn't do a thing. No, she stood there, at the side of the room, watching.

Rose sat scarily close to the Malfoy boy. What on earth was going on? He put the book on his lap down on the table.

"Is it good?" Rose asked. Book club? The Malfoy boy nodded, and put his arm around her. She rested her head on his shoulder. Not book club then. Dominique just grew angrier and angrier. How could Rose break up her relationship just so she could go out to meet a boy? And the Malfoy boy at that! Dominique scrunched her hands into fists. Don't freak out, she thought to herself not here. No, you need to plan. Plan something. Do it on Friday.

And that she did. On Friday, she ran to the room of requirement before anybody could get there. She hid herself, with the invisibility charm, and sat next to where the Malfoy boy would sit. She waited. And waited and waited and waited. But soon, he came. When he was comfortable, she took off the charm.

"What the?" he asked, so startled that he dropped his book. Dominique grinned.

"Hey there" she said, her voice husky and flirty- this is wrong she told herself, he's only thirteen! She internally shook her head no, she deserves it! She flicked her hair over her shoulder, "how are you, Scorpius?" she asked, moving closer to him.

"What are you doing?" he asked, his voice full of nerves "what are you doing in here? How did you know I would be here? What are you doing?"

"Shh" she said, raising a finger to her lips, "you'll see". She moved closer, as close as she could get. And just at the right time, she kissed him. As much power as she could muster, you're kissing Ben, you're kissing Ben, you're kissing Ben, she thought. She heard the gasp. It was very audible. Scorpius pushed her away. "Hey Rosie" she teased as the girl ran out of the room. She looked back at the boy, pure horror rested on his face, she winked at him "see you around, Malfoy" before casting the charm on herself and walking back to the dormitory.

So, I think a few questions will be answered in this chapter? Maybe? Okay, you probably don't have any questions, I doubt you are into reading this story as much as I am infested in writing it. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment- comment your reaction to this backstory! See ya!

-Elise x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 826 28
"You won't forget about me will you?" Scorpius stared down in shock at the gorgeous freckled-faced girl lying next to him. He was slightly offended t...
103K 3K 35
She's smart, she's witty and she's sick of watching egotistical witches and wizards preying on those who can't -- or, in this case, won't -- stand up...
52.9K 1K 31
The last Potter begins her journey at Hogwarts and being to youngest and only female Potter a lot of pressure is put upon her. Although her brothers...
103K 2.1K 17
Rose Weasley and Scorpius Malfoy aren't really getting along on Hogwarts. Rose's father, the famous Ron Weasley, isn't exactly helping her at that po...