Chapter Thirty Four

A/N Sometimes, I don't even know where this story ends up, and I'm the one writing it! Also, two chapters because I forgot to post on Monday and now it's Wednesday... oops?

"We need to get Toby" Rose said, breaking the silence that had settled over the cottage.

"We don't even know where Ailbe lives" Scorpius said whilst playing with his hands.

"We'll go to the ministry" Rose shrugged.

"Rose, the ministry is not safe, there is no way we are going there" Scorpius said sharply, sitting up and looking at Rose directly, unlike how he had been looking down at his hands as he subconsciously played with them.

"I promised her" Rose argued.

"I don't care"

"Scorp, she's so young, I can't break her heart like that"

"She's old enough, she'll understand" Scorpius shrugged, he deepened his look, but saw how serious Rose was being about this "No, Rose, we are not going"

"Then I will go on my own!" Rose sighed, and she promptly disappeared.

"NO!" Scorpius called, but it was too late, she had gone. "Merlin's beard" Scorpius called, his head dropping into his hands. He took a deep breath and apparated to the ministry, hoping to hell that was where she was.

As he landed, he felt a hand on his chest, pushing him backwards. He looked to his left- the way the hand had come from- hoping to see Rose, but all his hope was lost when a black-haired old witch stood evilly grinning in what should have been Rose's place. The witch's grin widened as she bared her chipped and black-stained teeth. She brought her crooked finger to her mouth, showing the universal sign for "be quiet"

No no no no Scorpius thought.

*

"SIKE!" Rose yelled as she walked back into the living room from the kitchen. She was grinning wildly, knowing Scorpius must find this a little funny- she hadn't had a good laugh in what felt like years. As she walked into the living room, she didn't hear any laughs. She didn't even hear the familiar groan of the chair as Scorpius shuffled in his seat. He wasn't there.

"Scorp?" she called, a scared frown quickly growing on her face, "Scorp?" she called again, he voice starting to sound more and more worried. "Scorpius don't do this, where are you? This isn't funny any more!" She looked frantically around the room.  He wasn't there. He hadn't come into the kitchen, maybe he went to the toilet? Rose walked down the slim corridor to where the toilet was, the door was wide open with no Scorpius in sight.

He didn't think...? Rose thought, not actually wanting to think of it. No no no. She almost screamed in frustration. He knew the ministry wasn't safe- he told her!

"Argh!" Rose called out in frustration, tears budding in her eyes. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Come on, Red, you can do this" Rose whispered to herself before apparating away.

*

The ministry was deadly silent. Rose had been to the ministry multiple times with her parents, but never had she seen it this silent. The greying walls echoed no movement besides her own, and it scared her. Rose looked down the corridor she had found herself in. Papers were strewn across the floor and desks were upturned.

A sound echoed from down the dark hall. Rose froze, her head whipped to the side the sound had come from as it grew louder. Rose took a moment to think it through- it could be Scorpius. But that was unlikely, this place was huge and Rose had no idea where she had apparated to, much less where Scorpius had. This place must be crawling with Death Eaters, this was most likely to be one of those. Quickly, she dived behind the nearest upturned desk before the source of the noise saw her.

The sound grew louder, louder, louder. It didn't take long for Rose to work out they were footsteps, but Rose didn't dare take a look at who made them. They stopped, just as Rose figured they were right in front of her. She held her breath. She was uncomfortable, but she didn't dare move. She was shaking like crazy, and she was terrified of making a sound by rattling the desk, but she didn't move to hold her hand.

Suddenly there was a sharp pain on her head as she was yanked upward. The person was clearly taller than her, as she was all but lifted off the floor. She screamed in pain as they held her up by her hair.

"STOP! STOP!" Rose screamed, her hands on her scalp as if holding her hair down would make any difference what so ever. Rose couldn't move her head, but she could have sworn she saw a wisp of silver-grey hair.

"You must be a Weasley" a voice croaked, clearly male and full of venom. Rose desperately wanted to move her head, see if she knew who the male was. "Hmm, let me guess" the voice went silent. "Lily? No, you're no Potter... Ah, you have mudblood blood, don't you?"

"I... I... ahh!" Rose screamed as the man pulled her hair higher "STOP!" she called, crying.

"Your screams are a lot like your mothers, you know" the man cackled. He dropped her, and she fell crashing the floor.  She landed uncomfortably on a piece of rubble and called out once more. "Oh, shut up brat!" a white light flew in her direction and she found her limbs were bound to her sides. She opened her eyes- she had closed them on the impact of the fall- and finally got a good look at the man.

He had, as she had seen, had silver-grey hair and it was almost half-way down his back. His grey eyes were thin and full of anger and evil. He had a thin face that was full of wrinkles and his chin was covered in grey stubble.

"What, no haircuts in Azkaban?" Rose asked, determined to get back at the man she instantly recognised in any way possible. The man- Lucius, she knew that face from the textbooks, it was very recognisable, even with the added wrinkles and stubble- glared at her, and shot another spell her way. Her mouth, too, slammed shut and she was no longer able to talk.

His black cloak swirled about him as he turned away from her. He shook his head, and his hair fell behind his shoulders.

"What to do with you..." Lucius muttered to himself, he then apparently struck a light-bulb as he quickly turned back to Rose, his cloak swirling around him once again, and an evil smile on his lips, he walked back over to Rose, and learnt over her until his face was directly above hers, his smile more terrifying than ever "Is my grandson with you, by any chance?" Lucius asked. Rose frantically shook her head- the only part of her body she could move. Lucius laughed as he leaned up and walked away from her again "Nonsense"

A/N I might not have known it was going to happen- but boy do I like it! Argh, I'm so sad that this story is drawing to a close, but there's not really many other places I can take it :/ (I say it's drawing to a close, but I still have like 10 other parts to post...)

I hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment if you did and I'll see you with a new chapter next week :D

-Elise xxx