genesis -4.5;

By EddieChand

More

genesis -4.5;
Genesis 6-7-8,
genesis 9
genesis 11
genesis 12
genesis chapter 13
Genesis chapter fourteen
Genesis 15.
Genesis 16;
Genesis 17
Genesis 18;
Genesis 19
Genesis 20.
Genesis 21;
Genesis 22
Genesis 23

genesis 10.

5 0 0
By EddieChand

1 THE GENERATION OF NOAH.

theme .

The first seafaring people .

The descendant of JAPHETH .

The first proverbial name .

Kingdom .warrior the greatest hunter was NIMROD

#1 This is the account of the families of Shem, Ham, and Japheth, the three sons of Noah. Many children were born to them after the great flood.

2 -- THE SONS OF JAPHETH .

# 2 The descendants of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras.

(32 By the time Noah was 500 years old, he was the father of Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Genesis 5:32)

(10 Noah was the father of three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. - Genesis 6:10;)

(13 That very day Noah had gone into the boat with his wife and his sons-Shem, Ham, and Japheth-and their wives. - Genesis 7:13 ;9:18;10:2)

( 5 The descendants of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras. - 1Chronicles 1:5)

# 3 The descendants of Gomer were Ashkenaz, Riphath, and Togarmah.

# 4 The descendants of Javan were Elishah, Tarshish, Kittim, and Rodanim.

# 5 Their descendants became the seafaring peoples that spread out to various lands, each identified by its own language, clan, and national identity.

3 -- THE SONS OF HAM.

# 6 The descendants of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.

# 7 The descendants of Cush were Seba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah, and Sabteca. The descendants of Raamah were Sheba and Dedan.

4 -- NIMROD THE FIRST MONARCH .

# 8 Cush was also the ancestor of Nimrod, who was the first heroic warrior on earth.

( NIMROD THE son of cush . (10 Cush was also the ancestor of Nimrod, who was the first heroic warrior on earth. - 1Chronicles 1-10;)

( 6 Cush was also the ancestor of Nimrod, who was the first heroic warrior on earth. Mi5-6 . ( mighty men.

( 8 These are the names of David's mightiest warriors. The first was Jashobeam the Hacmonite, who was leader of the Three-the three mightiest warriors among David's men. He once used his spear to kill 800 enemy warriors in a single battle. 2Samuel 23:8; 1Sam 14:52;)

# 9 Since he was the greatest hunter in the world, his name became proverbial. People would say, "This man is like Nimrod, the greatest hunter in the world."

( HUNTERS . ( 20 And God was with the boy as he grew up in the wilderness. He became a skillful archer, Genesis 21:20 ;)

( 27 As the boys grew up, Esau became a skillful hunter. He was an outdoorsman, but Jacob had a quiet temperament, preferring to stay at home. - Genesis 25:27 ;

Ge 27:3; )

(13 "And if any native Israelite or foreigner living among you goes hunting and kills an animal or bird that is approved for eating, he must drain its blood and cover it with earth. - Leviticus 17:13. Prov 12:27;)

#10 He built his kingdom in the land of Babylonia, with the cities of Babylon, Erech, Akkad, and Calneh.

( general reference to BABYLON .

(13 The Babylonians broke up the bronze pillars in front of the Lord's Temple, the bronze water carts, and the great bronze basin called the Sea, and they carried all the bronze away to Babylon. 2Kings 25:13;Isa 14:4;)

(2 As the people migrated to the east, they found a plain in the land of Babylonia and settled there. Genesis 11:2; ISA 11:11; )

( 8 But suddenly Babylon, too, has fallen. Weep for her. Give her medicine. Perhaps she can yet be healed. Jeremiah 51:8; Da 4:29;)

(13 Your sister church here in Babylon sends you greetings, and so does my son Mark. 1Peter 5:13)

SHINAR . (11 He replied, "To the land of Babylonia, where they will build a temple for the basket. And when the temple is ready, they will set the basket there on its pedestal."

Zech 5:11 ; Da 1:2;)

#11 From there he expanded his territory to Assyria, building the cities of Nineveh, Rehoboth-ir, calah ( nineveh the capital of assyria . ( 36 Then King Sennacherib of Assyria broke camp and returned to his own land. He went home to his capital of Nineveh and stayed there. 2Kings 19:36 ; Jona 1:2;3:3;)

(11 But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness, not to mention all the animals. Shouldn't I feel sorry for such a great city?"

Jonah 4:11; Na 1:1; Zep 2:13;)

(41 "The people of Nineveh will stand up against this generation on judgment day and condemn it, for they repented of their sins at the preaching of Jonah. Now someone greater than Jonah is here-but you refuse to repent. Matthew 12:41;Lu 11:32; ) ASSYRIA .kingdom found by ASSHUR and NIMROD . Ashurbanipal (; ; "Ashur is creator of an heir"; 685 BC - c. 627 BC), also spelled Assurbanipal or Ashshurbanipal) was an Assyrian king, the son of Esarhaddon and the last strong king of the Neo-Assyrian Empire (668 BC - c.

Ashur (; often also transliterated as Asshur to reflect the pointing of Hebrew letter '' (Shin) in the Masoretic text, which doubles the 'ש'), was the second son of Shem, the son of Noah.

(14 The third branch, called the Tigris, flowed east of the land of Asshur. The fourth branch is called the Euphrates. Genesis 2:14;25:18;)

( 19 Then King Tiglath-pileser of Assyria invaded the land. But Menahem paid him thirty-seven tons of silver to gain his support in tightening his grip on royal power. 2Kings 15:19 ;17:6; 18: 9 ;)

26 So the God of Israel caused King Pul of Assyria (also known as Tiglath-pileser) to invade the land and take away the people of Reuben, Gad, and the half-tribe of Manasseh as captives. The Assyrians exiled them to Halah, Habor, Hara, and the Gozan River, where they remain to this day.1Chronicles 5:26 . Isa 36: 1 ;)

( 17 "The Israelites are like sheep that have been scattered by lions. First the king of Assyria ate them up. Then King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon cracked their bones." Jeremiah 50:17 ; Mi 5:6;)

# 12 and Resen (the great city located between Nineveh and Calah).

# 13 Mizraim was the ancestor of the Ludites, Anamites, Lehabites,

#14 Pathrusites, Casluhites, and the Caphtorites, from whom the Philistines came.

5 --- THE DESCENDANTS OF CANAAN .

#15 Canaan's oldest son was Sidon, the ancestor of the Sidonians. Canaan was also the ancestor of the Hittites,

( Heth the son of CANAAN .father of the HITTITES .

(3 Then, leaving her body, he said to the Hittite elders, Genesis 23:3.;27:46;)

(32 It is the plot of land and the cave that my grandfather Abraham bought from the Hittites." Ge 49:32 .1 Chr 1:13;)

# 16 Jebusites, Amorites, Girgashites, .( According to the Hebrew Bible, the Jebusites ( ISO 259-3 Ybusi) were a Canaanite tribe who inhabited and built Jerusalem prior to its conquest by King David according to the Biblical account; the Books of Kings state that Jerusalem was known as Jebus prior to this event..)

AMORITES descendant of CANAAN . (7 Then they turned back and came to En-mishpat (now called Kadesh) and conquered all the territory of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites living in Hazazon-tamar. Genesis 14:7; 15:16;)

(22 And beyond what I have given your brothers, I am giving you an extra portion of the land that I took from the Amorites with my sword and bow."

Genesis 48:22;Ex 23:23;)

(12 And I sent terror ahead of you to drive out the two kings of the Amorites. It was not your swords or bows that brought you victory.Joshua 24:12; Am 2:9;)

GIRGASHITES a canaanitish nations. (1 "When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are about to enter and occupy, he will clear away many nations ahead of you: the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. These seven nations are greater and more numerous than you. Jos 3:10; Deuteronomy 7:1)

(11 "When you crossed the Jordan River and came to Jericho, the men of Jericho fought against you, as did the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Girgashites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites. But I gave you victory over them. - Joshua 24:11; Ne 9:8;)

#17 Hivites, Arkites, Sinites, ( HIVITES one of the nations of the Canaan .

(28 I will send terror ahead of you to drive out the Hivites, Canaanites, and Hittites. Exodus 23:28 ; Jos 9:1;)

(3 the kings of Canaan, both east and west; the kings of the Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites in the hill country, and the Hivites in the towns on the slopes of Mount Hermon in the land of Mizpah. - Joshua 11:3.1K 9:20;)

#18 Arvadites, Zemarites, and Hamathites. The Canaanite clans eventually spread out,

( canaanites descendant of of CANAAN. (2 And I will send an angel before you to drive out the Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. Exodus 33:2;34:11;)

(1 "When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are about to enter and occupy, he will clear away many nations ahead of you: the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. These seven nations are greater and more numerous than you. Deuteronomy 7:1; Jos 5:1;)

(12 But the descendants of Manasseh were unable to occupy these towns. They could not drive out the Canaanites who continued to live there. Jos17:12;1K 9:16;)

#19 and the territory of Canaan extended from Sidon in the north to Gerar and Gaza in the south, and east as far as Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim, near Lasha.

( the wickness of sodom.

(13 But the people of this area were extremely wicked and constantly sinned against the Lord. - Genesis 13:13;18:20;)

(9 The very look on their faces gives them away. They display their sin like the people of Sodom and don't even try to hide it. They are doomed! They have brought destruction upon themselves. Isaiah 3:9; Lu 17:29;)

(SIDOM or Zion a city of phoenicia . Phoenicia ( or ; from the , Phoiníkē; , Finiqyah) was an ancient Semitic civilization situated on the western, coastal part of the Fertile Crescent and centered on the coastline of modern Lebanon. Phoenician was a language originally spoken in the coastal (Mediterranean) region then called "Canaan" in Phoenician, Arabic, Greek, and Aramaic, "Phoenicia" in Greek and Latin, and "Pūt" in Ancient Egyptian. The culture of the ancient Phoenicians was one of the first to have had a significant effect on the history of wine.

(13 "Zebulun will settle by the seashore and will be a harbor for ships; his borders will extend to Sidon.Gen 49:13)

(6 and all the hill country from Lebanon to Misrephoth-maim, including all the land of the Sidonians."I myself will drive these people out of the land ahead of the Israelites. So be sure to give this land to Israel as a special possession, just as I have commanded you. Joshua 13:6; Jud 1:31;18:28;)

(22 Give the people of Sidon this message from the Sovereign Lord:"I am your enemy, O Sidon, and I will reveal my glory by what I do to you. When I bring judgment against you and reveal my holiness among you, everyone watching will know that I am the Lord. - Ezekiel 28:22;Mi 7:24; Mtt 11:21;)

Gazar or azzah a city of the philistines .

(23 A similar thing happened when the Caphtorites from Crete invaded and destroyed the Avvites, who had lived in villages in the area of Gaza. Deuteronomy 2:23;Jos 15:47;)

(1 One day Samson went to the Philistine town of Gaza and spent the night with a prostitute. Jud 16:1:21;1K 4:24;)

Gerar a city south of Gazar.

(1 Abraham moved south to the Negev and lived for a while between Kadesh and Shur, and then he moved on to Gerar. While living there as a foreigner, Genesis 20:1;26:6;)

6 -- THE SONS OF SHEM .

#20 These were the descendants of Ham, identified by clan, language, territory, and national identity.

#21 Sons were also born to Shem, the older brother of Japheth. Shem was the ancestor of all the descendants of Eber.

#22 The descendants of Shem were Elam, Asshur, Arphaxad, Lud, and Aram.

#23 The descendants of Aram were Uz, Hul, Gether, and Mash.

#24 Arphaxad was the father of Shelah, and Shelah was the father of Eber.

#25 Eber had two sons. The first was named Peleg (which means "division"), for during his lifetime the people of the world were divided into different language groups. His brother's name was Joktan.

( Fact concerning earth .

(1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. - Genesis 1:1;8:25;)

(7 God stretches the northern sky over empty space and hangs the earth on nothing. Job 26:7; Ps 24:1; Isa 6:3;)

(8 "Then the earth quaked and trembled. The foundations of the heavens shook; they quaked because of his anger. - 2Samuel 22:8 ;)

#26 Joktan was the ancestor of Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah,

#27 Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah,

#28 Obal, Abimael, Sheba,

#29 Ophir, Havilah, and Jobab. All these were descendants of Joktan.

(OPHIR a country rich in gold .

(28 They sailed to Ophir and brought back to Solomon some sixteen tons of gold.

1Kings 9:28;10:11;22:48;)

(32 Gideon died when he was very old, and he was buried in the grave of his father, Joash, at Ophrah in the land of the clan of Abiezer. Judges 8:32 ; 1 Sam 13:17;)

(4 I am donating more than 112 tons of gold from Ophir and 262 tons of refined silver to be used for overlaying the walls of the buildings 1Chr 29:4 ; 2 Chr 8:18; Jud 6:11;)

#30 The territory they occupied extended from Mesha all the way to Sephar in the eastern mountains.

#31 These were the descendants of Shem, identified by clan, language, territory, and national identity.

#32 These are the clans that descended from Noah's sons, arranged by nation according to their lines of descent. All the nations of the earth descended from these clans after the great flood.

Continue Reading