genesis 12

THEME .

We find the promises of Jesus foretold to Abraham .

We find the divine call and direction from God to (man ) Abraham.

Man's life as a journey on earth with Gods guidance if he hears .and Gods blessing .

Gods promises of Jesus .is pointed out throughout the bible and fulfilled .

Examples of people who obeyed God .

God reveals himself to Abraham.and examples of a righteous man Abraham .

We find the time of the world there were a famine (or hard times ).and Egypt ( or worldly things ) is a false hope .

Last of all we find praise of humans beauty .(Sarah is too beautiful ) but with beauty comes fear of man (abraham fear that man would kill him for Sarah ) .and with fear of man comes temptation to deceive .( Abraham lies that Sarah is his sister ) and a righteous man gives up to temptation .and receive punishment for it. ( pharoah takes Sarah ) but God forgives and correct the fault .( God interfere and send a plague )

But man has to move on.

( Abraham is chased out of the country )

1-- GOD CALLED ABRAHAM .AND BLESSED HIM WITH THE PROMISE OF CHRIST .

Verse1

The Lord had said to Abram, "Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father's family, and go to the land ththatththatatththatththatatatat I will show you.

{( Call to leadership .examples of divine call .

ABRAHAM . Ge 12-1;

MOSES . Ex 3-10;28-1;31-2;.

GIDEON . Jud 6-14;

ELISHA .1 K 19-19;

ISAIAH . Isa 6-8; Je 1-4; Ac 13-2;

16-10;

PAUL . Ac 26-16; )}

{ Divine direction .explicit direction given to individuals.

As to leaving old associations . Gen 12-1;

Returning home . Gen 31-3;

Assuming leadership .ex 3-10;

Forward movements. Jos 1-2;

Waging warfare . Jud 6-14;

2 Sam 5-19;

Finding supplies .1 K 17-3'4'9;

Coming out of retirement .1 K 18-1;

Anointing leaders .1 K 19-15;

Pronouncing judgment .1 K 21-18'19; 2 K 1-3;)}

Verse 2

I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others.

{ ( Life as a pilgrimage .

(9 Jacob replied, "I have traveled this earth for 130 hard years. But my life has been short compared to the lives of my ancestors." Ge 47:9)

(4 And I reaffirmed my covenant with them. Under its terms, I promised to give them the land of Canaan, where they were living as foreigners. - Exodus 6:4 )

(15 We are here for only a moment, visitors and strangers in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace. - 1Chronicles 29:15 )