Recognize. (Urban.)

By Miyahbabyy

When Asia was younger she fell in love when she was 16 years old. Her family was all dissapoinments, and he w... More

Intro.
Present Day (Fill in)
Chapter 1 - Oops.
Chapter 2 - Baby Momma Secrets.
Chapter 3 - See you Again.
Chapter 4 - Ugly Rat Ass.
Chapter 5 - Nightmares and Bullshit.
Chapter 6 - All hell breaks lose.
Chapter 7 - Go Away.
Chapter 8 - Lost in the Womb.
Chapter 10 - Call a Quit.
Chapter 11 - Let me Hold You.
Chapter 12 - Treat Me Like Somebody.
Chapter 13 - Taking my Son.
Chapter 14 - If I can't have you NOBODY CAN.
Chapter 15 - You think I'm Crazy?
Chapter 16 - Fucking Liar.
Chapter 17 - Letters Never Seen.
Chapter 18 - Orlando Florida.
Chapter 19 - Orlanda Florida Part 2.
Chapter 20 - Ace.
Chapter 21 - Flashback.
Chapter 22 - Flashback 2
Chapter 23 - His mother.
Chapter 24 - Mom & Baby.
Book Club
Chapter 25 - Get Together.
Chapter 26 - Game.
Chapter 27 - New Yorkk Cityy.
Chapter 28 - Shots Fired.
Chapter 29 - Taken for Granted.
Epilogue.
Favor ..
IDGAF..
SEQUEL
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 9 - Cookie's Family.

16.3K 649 148
By Miyahbabyy

"Harmony! Are you almost ready sweetie?" I asked her looking at myself in the mirror, as she was in her other room.

"Yes!" She yelled back.

I took a heavy sigh.. So today was the day of my mothers funeral. I didn't know what to think.

Seeing all that family, is going to be a nightmare for me. I never felt excepted.

My hair was in a huge mess of pretty curls. I think Aunt Joyce was always jealous of my curly hair.. Most of my family have course hair, but I took after my Persian Father Ive seen before. Just heard stories about, and I remember whenever my Mom talked about him Aunt Joyce would get so mad, and talk about how I was a disgrace to the cause I have most of his genetics.

My mom, and my aunt used to always argue when she said stuff like that.

I shook my head thinking about the memory.

I was gonna wear my curls, but I decided not too. I pinned my hair back and put on my wig I got from down here a few days ago. *In mm*

K.C then came in the room looking fresh with his Armani Exchange shirt on, and his dress pants.

"Looking nice." I complimented him.

He looked at me weird. "You cut your hair? Damn I was with you all night what you do sneak out to the hair salon at 2 am?"

I chuckled. "Nooo idiot.. Its a wig."

"Well take it off."

"Your not my dad, and plus I'm grown."

"Asia take that ugly ass wig off you look like cookie off empire right now, and I'm not feeling it." He said.

I gave him a finger, brushing it. "Its not done."

"Let me see."

"No fool. Bye." I said laughing.

he rubbed the back of his head. "Females I swear.. Why didn't you tell me my girl was leaving this week?"

"Who Sophie?"

"Yeah."

"Oh yeah.. She's homesick so she's going back Friday."

"Are you kidding me? Thats only 2 days I got to make her my girl." He still on this crush shit.

"Boy you know you better quit." I chuckled still brushing my wig.

"Shut up."

Thats when he came over, and snatched my wig off so quick and ran out the room.

"You asshole!" I hollered. He's such a kid sometimes.

The funeral ended only a few hours  ago, and Aunt Joyce invited us to her home for dinner afterwards.

So far she has been sweet to me, but I don't know how long that will last.

We walked into her big house, and was greeted by all these little kids running around.

"Hiiii." One little boy said. It was four of them, and two of them were boy twins. They looked a little younger than Harmony.

Then they're was one boy that looked older, and a girl that looked three. They were at the funeral.

"Hi guys, this is my daughter Harmony." I said introducing her.

I had no idea who these kids were, and was trying to figure it out. Harmony was acting really shy hiding behind me.

"Hey unc, what's popping?" Said the oldest boy.

"Unc?" I quick questioned confused.

"What's up little man?" He said giving him dap.

"Nothing. Wanna play 2k with me?"

"So you can get beat, and I can take your money?"

"No fool."

They ran off somewhere, and so did the twin boys so that left Me, Harmony, Sophie, and the little girl.

Harmony was still acting shy hiding behind me.

"Hi, I'm Desja exuth the boys. But thisss is my housth." She said smiling hard where you saw the teeth she was missing in the front.

"I'll take your jackets." She said as she tried to pull our jackets off.

"Who's your mommy?" I asked the little girl.

"My mommy iths gone." She said shrugging her shoulders she said as she tried to carry all our coats.

"Sweetie are you sure you can carry---

"Desja sweetie, I got the coats don't worry." Aunt Joyce said coming from the living room with a big smile on her face.

"Why don't you go play with... Harmony right?" She asked my daughter who didn't say anything.

"She's shy."

"Oh well sweetie we have no shy people in this family. Desja go show her your room."

"Okay!" She pulled Harmony's hand, and they went upstairs. By force.

"Who's your friend?" She asked referring to Sophie.

"This is my friend Sophie." I said introducing her.

"It's nice to meet you." She put her hand out, and Aunt Joyce just looked at her until we got the hint.

"You guys wanna help me cook?" She asked.

"Um sure." Not, really.

We followed her into the kitchen, and they're was a lot of people that I didn't recognize. Damn how long was I really gone?

Everyone was just sitting around doing they're own little thing.

"Is that my Asia?" I heard a raspy voice say. I almost broke down when I realized who it was sitting off in a rocking chair in the far corner.

"Nana?" I ran over to her, and gave her frail body a big hug, and never let go.

I missed this lady so much. She was the only person that I felt really understood me when nobody else did. The last time I saw her I had to be thirteen.

She caressed my hair, as I cried on her shoulders. I cant believe she recognized me.

"I missed you s-so much nana."

"Aww you know I missed you too sweetie." She said.

I found myself breaking down in her arms. This woman did everything for me.

"Stop all that crying. It's alright nana got you." She said.

I didn't say anything, and it took me a few minutes to get away from her embrace, and when I did I smiled.

"I'm sorry I just--

"Oh hush child. You missed your nana I understand." She smiled back. I chuckled.

"Where have you been?" She asked me.

"I had to get away for a while. Things didn't go how I thought would go after I turned sixteen. When you left to go live with my father everything fell apart for me, you know you was the only person that kept me up." I cried.

She wiped my tears away with her finger. "My plane just landed today..I had to get away too sweetie.. I don't know whats wrong with my son, and I was determined to figure it out, and I still don't know."

"It's fine Nana. Did you see him?"

"Sadly no. But I know he is still somewhere out here. Doing whatever he wants to do. Being a Rolling Stone." She shook her head.

"But let's not talk about him. What's been up with you looking all grown up.." She pointed out.

"A lot. I had a child her name is Harmony, and she is my joy."

"Is she here?" She asked looking around.

"Yes she's upstairs with um.. Desja?"

"Ohh that little girl." She chuckled.

"Yes... Grandma who are all these people?"

"They're your family what do you mean?" She whispered.

"I don't recognize any of the children.. Or these people." She laughed loud.

"How long have you been gone? I'm the old one I'm supposed to have the bad memory."

"The little kids are the babies that your Auntie adopted when she found out she couldn't have kids. That has always been a bitter woman and god gets people back who don't do good will on his earth. Mm mm mm." She said shaking her head from side to side looking at Aunt Joyce cook.

"The food is ready!" Aunt Joyce said.

"We'll have to talk later darling." She said pulling me aside.

"Of course."

50+ votes next update :)

Didn't proof read.

-Miyah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.5K 33
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 -- 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗹𝘆 𝗯𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗯𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵�...
1.8M 47.2K 32
Asia is a hardworking single mother of a 3 year old just getting out of a bad relationship. She meets Lucas yes "Lu" he is one of the biggest drug lo...
59.9K 1.6K 26
𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐊𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝?
Daffodils By Ruhaniyat12

General Fiction

53 1 20
In an alternate universe, love between two person from opposite sex considered as the biggest sin. People from same sex were bound to love and marry...