Fast and furious. My version.

By TheBookLoverof99

Lexi Turner was a normal girly girl and did whatever her parents told her..... up until racing changed her. A... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Notice
SEQUEL

Chapter 18

17.5K 338 9
By TheBookLoverof99

Around 8.00 pm I rocked up at El Gato wearing a pair of light blue skinny jeans, a blood red vest top with gold buttons and my pair of ankle heeled boots with gold spikes at the back.

I climbed out of the car and made my way over to everyone who was standing in a huddle near their cars.

"Hey guys." I said greeting them with a wide smile.

They all went silent as if I had interrupted something that I shouldn't have, and gave each other wary looks.

After a couple minutes of silence I got the feeling that I wasn't welcome, which hurt knowing that just last night we were all laughing together.

"Alright I can take a hint. I'll leave you to your conversation." I said walking towards the diners entrance.

I got about three metres away before Mia caught up to me and grabbed my arm. 

"Lex don't worry about it, I swear. They were just talking about something that they don't want to worry you over." She explained rolling her eyes.

"What is there to be worried about?" I asked hoping that they had found out about Brian being a cop.

"Just Race Wars and money and bills. Stupid small things like that." She said brushing it off. "Come back so we can chill together."

We walked back over and Mia sat on the back of Vince's car.

"So when's Race Wars?" I asked slightly sighing at the consistent silence.

"Soon, I can't give you a day yet though." Dom said.

"That's cool." I said nodding my head. "Will you guys be competing?" I asked trying the exchange.

"Yep as always, what about you?" Vince asked moving closer to me.

Probably knowing I was uncomfortable.

"Yep and my babies going to smash every one of my opponents." I said winking at him.

"We are talking about a car here right?" Vince asked jokingly while giving the others looks.

I punched him in the arm playfully.
"Why would you even ask a question like that?"

"Well it's been seven years we don't know what you've been doing." He said waggling his eyebrow.

"True I mean in seven years I have become an international criminal, I have a child and I'm engaged to a serial killer." I said looking down at the floor trying to sell the act.

I looked back up to see the reaction on their faces.

Each one of them were shocked and eyeing off each other unsure of what to do or say.

"I'm kidding!" I said shocked that they would believe that I was an international criminal and engaged to a serial killer. "So where's Brian." I said changing the subject. 

"Well he was here but then he went to move his car and hasn't come back yet." Mia said, looking around.

"Don't you guys reckon we should look for him?" I asked confused.

"Yes! But Dom won't let me leave and no-one else really cares." Mia said with a surprising amount of attitude.

"Fine I'll go." Vince said storming off alone.

"Okay well that was strange." I said staring after him. "I'm going to grab a drink anyone want one?" I asked.

Everyone refused and returned to their conversations while Mia jumped off Vince's car and grabbed my hand following me into the dinner.

"So, Mia. What's going on between you and Brian?" I asked sipping from the milkshake I bought.

"I like him Lex." She said blushing while looking down at the floor. "I'm going out him tomorrow night."

"Do you trust him?"

"Yes. Shouldn't I?"

"I don't know Mia. I just want you to be careful okay." I said wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

She nodded and hugged me.

"After seven years you're still looking after me." She said leaning back slightly to look me in the eyes.

"Of course. I've always looked after you, always will, I don't want to lose another sister."

"Oh Lexi you won't." She said leaning back in for another hug.

We walked back out of the diner to re-join the others and noticed that Dom had disappeared and Vince wasn't back yet.

"Hey. Where did Dom go?" Mia asked before I could.

"To see where Vince went." Letty responded before turning back to Jesse.

I finished off my milkshake then took my phone out to schedule a fake phone call, that would go off in 2 minutes which gave me the excuse to take off to 'answer' the call.

"Sorry Mia I have to take this." I said walking off making it look as if I was talking to someone on the phone.

I took off in the same direction that Vince had and waiting for the others to be in deep conversations before walking further away. I walked down the alleyway and heard smashing glass which made me worried enough to start climbing the nearest fire escape to the roof of the building. After peeling the windows for a broken one I finally found it and watched as Brian came climbing out.

He climbed down a drain pipe then out of no-where, I saw Vince come up behind him with a shotgun in his hands and knock him out.

I watched Vince drag him away from the scene and then suddenly drop him not too far away.

"Smells like a cop." Vince said pointing at Brian with his shotgun.

Who was he talking to?

I scanned the area and there was no-one.

Until Dom stepped out of the shadows, with his arms crossed looking quite pissed.

"Brian, this is one of those times that you have to be very clear about what you say." Dom said.

If I was Brian, shivers would be running down my back right about now, because Dom sure could scare the shit out of you.

 "Nod if you understand me."

"NOD!" Vince yells leaning in closer with his gun.

Brian nodded slightly, fearing that one false move and he would be shot.

"Sit up."

Brian got up slowly.

"Tell me what the hell you're doing down here?"

"Oh shit, what I'm doing." He breathed.

He had to think up a lie real fast.

"Dom, I...I owe you a ten second car, and what this is about, this is about race wars. I just went in there and Hector is going to be running three Honda civics, with spoon engines and on top of that he just came into Harry's and he ordered three T-66 Turbos, with NOS and a MOTEC system exhaust."

"So what are you saying, you gonna go around check everybody's shit out. One garage after another."

"Yeah." He said getting up slowly as Vince was prepared to shoot him. "Because Dom you know that I can't lose again."

"He's a cop. He's cop!" Vince said trying to get Dom to believe him.

Vince knew. I sighed a sigh of relief. But realised then that Dom didn't seem to believe him.

Why would Dom believe Brian, an outsider. Over his brother? 

"You a cop?" Dom asks Brian.

Brian shakes his head slightly.

"Let's go for a little ride." Dom said walking off.

Brian stood still not sure of what was happening.

"WALK!" Vince said.

They disappeared down an alley, but I remained on the rooftop.

What was I going to do?

I couldn't tell them the truth.

Even if I did, I wasn't too sure Dom would even believe me.

I felt more an outsider then Brian, and if Dom didn't believe Vince.

He sure as hell wasn't going to believe me.

I can't do anything but watch this all end in flames.

Why did I come back here?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 642 15
A seventeen year old a month away from being eighteen life changes forever. Clover was hurt in a accident at her last street race. Sent to another fo...
302K 7.8K 42
What happens when an infamous couple finds a quiet girl who races with a fire in her heart? She becomes everything that she wanted to be. Letty Orti...
589K 10K 59
Bethany Anderson, a girl who enjoys sneaking out to see street races. Dominic Toretto, a well known street racer in Los Angeles. The two cross paths...
90.4K 1.9K 28
(adj.) deeply yet romantically melancholy "I let him drag me everywhere. I can't exactly tell my brother no." - Regan. Ride or Die. Regan O'Connor...