Being the Girl

Bởi unendingly

Danni Parks best friends are all guys and she is perfectly fine with being the girl. She can't stand hanging... Xem Thêm

01 -- Spaghetti Hair
02 -- Frozen Bras
03 -- Name, Adress, Social Security, and a Bag of Bacon
04 -- Fake Numbers and Saw
05 -- Whipped or Not
06 -- Ketchup Periods
07 -- Washboard Abs and Sparkly Poop
08 -- Kiss and Yell
09 -- Bacon Withdrawl Syndrom
10 -- Loopy Gas
11 -- Pinky Promises and Lighters
13 -- Puke Breath
14 -- Fairy Wings and Dress Up
15 -- Fire Ants, Hospitals, and Barbie Dolls
16 -- Robot Zombies
17 -- Hide and Seek
18 -- Barney Boxers and High Heels
19 -- Badass Five-Year-Olds and Paint Showers
20 -- Goose Bumps and Killers
21 -- Fashion Designers and the Amazing Sibling
22 -- The Prank Master and Ice Cream Faces
23 -- Grape Soda and Broken Arms
24 -- Down and Dirty and Sand Soccer
25 -- Puppy-dog Eyes and an Extra Side of Bacon
26 -- Breaking Points and Explosions
27 -- Underwater Kisses and Vats of Purple Slime
28 -- Flipped Over Air Matresses and Flipped Over Tables
29 -- Sugar Rush and Spilled Gatorade
30 -- Snoring and the Queen of France
31 -- Melted Ice Cream and Kissing in the Rain
32 -- Back Dumpsters and Six Football Players
33 -- Loads of Garbage and Superheros
34 -- The F Bomb and the First Tears
35 -- Middle Names and a Million Years
36 -- Painted Asses and Rookies
37 -- Swings and New Ways of Killing
38 -- Room 358 and Janitor's Closets
39 -- Unbroken Pinky Promises
Epilogue -- Being the Girl

12 -- The Triathlon

6.3K 82 15
Bởi unendingly

Hey guys! I know I'm a little late on the update. I'm sorry about that.

Oh and I know that I don't often post youtube videos, but I did this time. I thought it matched Danni perfectly. A big thanks to 830Freckles for showing me the video!

Anyway not much drama in this chapter, but a little! I'm sorry about that and I promise the next chapter will be packed for drama for you guys!

Thanks for reading! Please comment and vote! It means the world when you do! Thank you to all my wonderful fans who do! It makes me smile!:) I love you guys!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard several people bang on the door. “Danni open the door!” I shook my head even though they couldn’t see. “Danni open this door right now, God dammit!” I couldn’t tell whose voice it was that was louder than the rest.

I couldn’t believe Ryan said that. I know that I was spending less time with them, but it didn’t mean I had changed. Did it? I hated myself. What if I had changed for a guy? Would I ever go back to normal? I dug my nails into my palms. The banging didn’t stop. “Danni, please.” I recognized Ashton’s calm voice among the shouts.

“Listen!” I yelled. They all stopped pounding and shut up. “I will let Ashton only in! If anyone else tries to get in I am kicking you all out forever!” I opened the door and Ashton stepped in. All of the other guys just stared. “Now everyone else leave!” I yelled and slammed the door in their faces and waited until I heard steps on the stairs. Once I did I ran over to Ashton.

He swarmed me into a hug. We just hugged in silence for a while. If there was one person I could always count to calm me down, it was Ashton. I immediately felt a little better. “Have I really changed all for a guy?” He opened his mouth to say something sweet, but I cut him off, “I want the honest truth, Ashton. Please tell me.”

He sighed. “I kind of have noticed you’ve been a little different. You spend a lot of time with him, or talking about him, and you’ve kind of maybe lost a little of your boyishness.”

I looked down. I wanted to cry, but I didn’t cry. I hadn’t cried in since I was five. I know it sounds unbelievable, but it was true. I cried the first day he I met Garrett. He stole my macaroni and cheese so I cried, kicked him in the shin which made him cry, and took it back.

“I want to go back! I want to be me again!” I cried shaking my head. Ashton sighed.

He gently grabbed me and sat me down on the bed. “Danni, you’ve been my best friend since the first day in kindergarten. Maybe you should try to think less about Cody and more about what you used to think about before him.” I sighed. “Look, Danni, this isn’t the easiest thing for me to say, okay? I don’t like to hurt you, but you asked for the truth.”

I nodded. “Yes, I did. Thank you for helping me and I’m going to take your advice.” I smiled coming up with an idea.

I popped up and ran downstairs. They all looked at me surprised. Ryan was the first one to come back from shock. He jumped up and ran over to hug me. “Danni! I am so, so sorry!”

I sighed. I pulled back. “No I’m sorry. I really am guys. I’m sorry that I got all girly. He was my first boyfriend in a long time, but I’m over all of that girly shit now. I am no longer whipped!” They all laughed and cheered. “And to celebrate we’re going to play our triathlon!”

We hadn’t played our triathlon in a year. It consisted of three games and points. We all started with twenty points. You would gain and loose points all through the triathlon. The one with the most points won.

The first game we called all bets on. For that we have a bet-a-thon basically, but instead of money you get points. You have twenty points to bet with at the beginning. Then depending on who you bet on or if you win you get more. If you don’t place bets right you lose.

The second was truth or dare. You would get points based on how big the dare or truth is. If you chicken you lose points. Truth or dare is where most people get the most points because they don’t chicken, but you’d be surprised what we come up with. Sometimes people chicken.

The third game is what we called the scrambler. The scrambler is where you lose the most points. We basically do a lot of everything in the scrambler. We’ll have any kind of wars, water, popcorn, pillow, and more. You can get ambushed and if you lose you can lose points. We all set traps and pranks. If you fell for them you lose points, and they gain them. If you catch them you get points and they lose them.

If you win you get fifty bucks from everybody. Last year Alex won, Trevor came in second, and I came in third. I wanted revenge. I was in the lead until the scrambler. Everyone ganged up on me because they were losing to a girl. I was going to get them back this year.

I looked around. Smirks and ideas erupted on their faces. “Yes!” Trevor jumped up and fist pumped. Everyone cheered. I smirked being the one that came up with the idea. I felt my confidence rising back up. I may have been a girl for a week, but not anymore. And being gone leaves me with fresh ideas.

“When does it start?” Noah asked.

Everyone turned and stared at me. It felt good to have the power. But would I let all the power go to my head? Yes, I would. “Next week.” Next week was break which would give us all plenty of time to do it.

They all nodded. I yawned. Everyone went home. “Maybe you should sleep at your house tonight,” Garrett suggested.

I looked at him curiously. I knew something was up with that. He never minded me spending the night. “Why?”

He looked away. “My parents are coming home tonight.” I started laughing. His parents were the sweetest people I had ever met. They were away on an anniversary vacation. They went on vacations and work trips a lot and got home from work late, but that was it. It wasn’t as extreme as my parents.

He looked at me weirdly. “What?! You’re parents love me. Why would they be mad if I stayed?” He looked around at his living room

“It’s a mess. They’ll think I threw a party and get all mad, and if you’re here since you’re like their kid you’ll get in trouble too.” I sighed. He was right. They thought of me as their daughter. They always treated me that way. I even called them mom and dad. When I thought of parents, I thought of them.

I walked over and hugged him. “You sure you don’t want me to get half the blame?” He nodded. “You’re the best, Garrett.” I grabbed my laundry and headed to my house.

“Hello?” I called. My voice echoed through the empty home. I sighed. The real reason I hated staying at my house was because I felt so alone. With the guys there are so many of them and I feel comfortable. At home it’s just me in a big empty house with nothing to do.

I dumped the laundry downstairs. They maid came by tomorrow morning and would do that then be done since there was nothing else to do. I sighed and walked up to my bedroom. I plopped down in my fluffy bed.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I sat with the guys at lunch. It was the day before break. Rebecca was sitting on Ashton’s lap. I didn’t mind her being here. She was one of the girls that was more friendly to me. I ate my bacon sandwich in silence staring at the Ryan and Noah. They were having a stare-down and I had a dollar on Noah. “Don’t Blink!” I yelled at Ryan. He looked over at me like I was crazy.

I jumped up and fist pumped the air. “Ha! You broke the stare! I won!”

“No way! You cheated!” Logan yelled at me.

I smirked. “Nope, I didn’t. I just yelled at him. It was his choice to break the stare not mine!” Logan rolled his eyes and handed me a dollar. I stood up on my seat and did my victory dance with everyone staring.

He huffed. “Rematch! You and me!” I thought about it. The odds favored him because I sucked at stare-downs. I put one of my dollars back on the table. He put another dollar on too.

Trevor was referee for our game. “And go!” I opened my eyes. The key to not blinking was not thinking about it consciously, but subconsciously. I thought about things to occupy my mind, like rainbows and unicorns. I could see Trevor start to give. I smirked not having any trouble at all. He finally blinked.

I stood up and did my dance again. I sat back down and took my money. I felt somebody cover my eyes. “Guess who.”

“The muffin man?” I guessed laughing. Cody laughed and sat down beside me. He put his arm around me and kissed my head. He picked me up and set me in his lap.

I pouted. “What?” he asked. I reached for my bacon sandwich, but I couldn’t get it. He laughed and grabbed it. He started to hand it to me but then pulled it away. I pouted. “Kiss first.” I rolled my eyes and leaned in. When he closed his eyes I grabbed my bacon sandwich and pushed his lips away.

All of the guys laughed. I shrugged. “I don’t mess around when it comes to bacon.” He shrugged too looking a little hurt. I patted his face. “Don’t be sad,” I made a fake pouty face. All of the guys laughed again. Cody rolled his eyes.

He stole a quick kiss and smiled satisfied. “So what are you doing over break?” he asked.

I could tell he wanted to do something with me, but we would be doing our triathlon. I looked at the guys. They all subtly shook their heads. They didn’t want me to tell him. “I’m, um, going on vacation with my… parents.”

He nodded sadly. “Where are you going?” I sighed. Why was he being relentless? I just wanted for him to stop asking so many questions. Was that too much to ask for God?

“Where are we going?” He nodded. “Oh, um, Aspen.” I looked away and started to shake my foot.

He nodded. “That’s cool.” I couldn’t look in his eyes. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too,” I said looking at anything else I could. My eyes met Alex’s and they were suddenly glued to his. I couldn’t take my eyes of his.  They still were amazingly blue.

I felt somebody tap me.  I turned back to Cody. “Did you hear me?” I shook my head confused. Had he said something? “I asked if you wanted to hang out tonight.” I looked over at the guys. I promised them I would help them set up for all the triathlon.

I sighed. “I-I’m, um, busy tonight.” He looked sad. I wouldn’t see him for two weeks. “Maybe after break,” I tried to cheer him up. He just nodded.

<><><><><><><><><><>

The next day all bets on began. I ate my bacon. “So what’s the first bet?” I asked with my mouth full. They all looked at each other. I waited for an idea to pop. Everybody had some ideas, but most of them were for the end.

Ryan smirked. “Kissing.” We all looked at him like he was crazy. “I mean we go to the mall and the person who makes out with the most people win.” Everyone smiled except me and Ashton. We looked at each other. “It has to be ten seconds and someone else has to see it.”

Me and Ashton shot each other looks, but we didn’t say anything. We wouldn’t sacrifice all of that money. We piled up into the cars and drove to the mall. When we got out we stood in a circle waiting for Ashton to yell go.

Ashton was always the scorekeeper and referee because he was the fairest. “Go!” he yelled. I grabbed Ashton and kissed him for ten seconds. I pulled back and smirked. I had one already. Most of the guys paired up since you needed someone else to see you. I saw some random guy and ran up and kissed him.

I pulled back to see Braden. He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and kissed the guy next to him then ran away. My bet was on Alex, but I wanted to win too. This was worth ten points, which was a lot to lose or win.

In a day I had kissed thirty guys, including all of my friends except Trevor and Alex. My lips were sore and my teeth hurt from the guys who knocked their teeth against mine. I looked around for a guy I hadn’t kissed. “This is torture!” I yelled still looking. Ashton nodded. “Do you know who’s in the lead?”

I looked over at him. “I think Alex has thirty-two.” I sighed.

I walked back over to Ashton. “It’s not fair. More girls are at the mall then guys!” He nodded. I ran over and kissed another guy and his friend and then his other friend. I was now probably tied with Alex now since time had passed since he had thirty-two.

Speaking of Alex I saw him and Trevor running around looking for girls. I ran over and kissed Trevor first. Then I kissed Alex. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. I didn’t hold back. I just kept kissing him.

I heard somebody cough. I pulled back and looked at Ashton. Him and Trevor were staring at us. I shrugged. “Thirty-five.”

He smirked at me, “Thirty-six.” I smacked him. He laughed. We all got a text. It said five minutes left.

A big group of boys and girls walked in. I pushed Alex backwards and ran towards them. I kissed five guys and then went and sat on a bench breathing hard. Alex joined me. “Time!” Ashton yelled.

I looked at Alex. “Thirty-nine.”

I smirked. “Forty!” I yelled. I stood up and did my victory dance. He grabbed my leg making me fall into his arms. I looked up into his eyes. He leaned down and kissed me. I played with his hair as I started to kiss him back.

“Whoa what’s their deal?! The game’s over,” I heard someone say. I pushed him away and sat myself down. I looked over at all of the guys.

I gulped. “It was my victory kiss,” I lied. They all hesitantly nodded as we went back home.

Garrett looked at me in surprise. “You really kissed forty guys in a day?” I smiled proudly and nodded. He shook his head and messed up my hair. I slapped him. “Anybody got another bet?”

Trevor smiled. “So what was up with you and Alex?” I blushed and looked over at Alex. He looked calm, like it didn’t matter. I rolled my eyes. He was such a big jerk. He kisses me and then acts like he doesn’t care.

I just shrugged. “He kissed me and tried to win the bet.” Trevor shot me a look. I knew he meant after it was over. “It was my victory kiss. I would have kissed anybody but Alex was right there,” I said shooting the word anybody at Alex. He looked away with a hollow look in his eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so a little drama there at the end. I know I'm a little late, but I had soccer yesterday and didn't have time to update, plus this chapter's extra long.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. So did anybody's thoughts change about Cody or Alex? Who do you guys like better?

Thanks for reading! Please comment and vote!

Adios!

-believeinu<3

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

437K 11.5K 51
Every woman's fantasy is to be married with someone they love someday. Most women are excited and ecstatic when planning their marriage ceremony with...
224K 6.2K 25
"I wanna go on a road trip. I want to sleep in crappy hotels. I want to sing along to happy songs while driving. I want to watch the sun rise in a di...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...
38.6K 776 27
For the past seven summers, seventeen year old Jessica has stayed with her best friend Charlotte, but this year things are about to change. Her pare...