I choose you Damon Salvatore

By XxRoxannerawrXx

Mortica Bloodrayne is the love of Damon Salvatore's life. Somehow back when they first met the pair fell in l... More

Introducing Me
The Kat from hell
How I became a vampire
Stefan's hot, but you are hotter
masquerade
New Tragedy
Spending time with Stefan
love story beginning
my first boyfriend
hiding is fun
my 18th birthday
tomb busting
guess who's back
Disaster strikes
Thanks for the Memories
The Dinner Party
Birthday Prep
memories of the last 90 years
birthday's suck
final goodbye or first hello?

Relatonship strain

5.1K 85 10
By XxRoxannerawrXx

“what you think” I asked as I walked out of the dressing room into the narrow corridor where Damon was standing waiting.

 I was in a short strapless red corset dress that reached my mid thigh. The strings to tie the corset together at the back were black, and it had corset back detail on the front. There was a black rose flower on the right breast. The top had black lace trim, the corset had light black lace detail, and the skirt had heavy black lace detail. The dress came with a black gothic chocker about ten centimetres thick with bead detail. Finally I had decided on a black mask that covered from my eyebrows to my nose, and a nice pair of black high heels.

“wow” Damon’s face dropped as I looked in the mirror.

“I’m not sure, what do you think” I asked him turning to face him.

“I have seen better and I have seen worse” he shrugged regaining whatever dignity I had left him with.

“does that mean you don’t like it” I asked pulling a confused face.

“hold the mask up to your face so I get the full picture” he demanded so I nodded and did as I was told.

“well?” I asked pulling the mask back down.

“do you hate me or enjoy making me suffer” he asked standing up from the stall he was sitting on.

“why do you ask if I hate you” I questioned walking towards him.

“because you are dressed like that” he gestured towards my dress and I laughed.

“oh Damon, four little words” I smiled and signalled for the owner of the small boutique to come over.

“wow dear you look lovely, what is the dress for?” she circled me as Damon sat back down on the stall with a frown set on his face.

“masquerade ball tomorrow” I answered as she finished circling me.

“the dress flatters you my dear, is this for the Lockwood’s ball?” she questioned. We were only a small way from Mystic Falls so it was no surprise that she knew about the ball.

“yes” I answered with a smile.

“what do you think young man, I am sure this kind lady would prefer the opinion of someone she knows rather than an old hag she does not” the woman smiled at Damon and I smirked as his face fell even more into a sulky teenager pose.

“it’s all right” he snapped.

“oh I am sure you can do better than that lovely” she smiled at him and gestured for him to stand up and look at me properly.

“well if she wants to look like a prostitute from Moulin Rouge then that is the dress she should buy” he snapped, I quickly ran behind the curtain to hide my face before I showed how much his comment hurt. It was more his tone and the look than the actual words, well actually it was his whole attitude. I guess he is starting to get frustrated with me now rather than seeing this as a challenge.

“that wasn’t very nice” I heard the woman scorn Damon before she rushed after me.

“update I’m not a nice person” he shouted after her then I heard him leave the shop.

“honey are you alright?” she asked bending down to the floor so she was at my level.

“I will live, what time is it?” I asked her searching through my clothes to find my phone.

“three dear” she shuffled so she was sitting on the floor too. I heard shuffling from inside the shop and remembered that a young woman also worked in the shop.

“is it ok if I call my friend” I asked she nodded, got up and walked out of the changing room to give me some privacy.

“Hey Marti” Elena answered Stefan’s phone.

“Elena, I am being serious give it to me” I heard Stefan demand not too far away.

“so how’s the shopping going, found Stefan a suit yet?” She asked beginning to giggle.

“umm maybe I should call back you sound busy” I muttered.

“no, what did you want Marti” Stefan had finally managed to grab his phone.

“could you come to meet me at a place called la petite boutique please” I asked lowering my voice in case Damon returned.

“where’s Damon” He asked.

“don’t know, could be in the car, could be half way to some bar to try his best at drinking America out of alcohol” I muttered wiping my eyes, damn him for making me cry.

“what happened” I heard Stefan ask as it sounded like he pulled a top on and grabbed his sun glasses.

“I’m coming too, if Damon has hurt her I am going to... well I’m not too sure considering the advantage he has but I will do something that hurts him” I heard Elena mutter in the background.

“no, stay here, actually better still go home” Stefan muttered back to her.

“no let her come” I whispered realising that the tears were getting heavier.

“ok, be there in ten minutes” Stefan informed me then hung up.

“All done honey?” the woman asked. I nodded and she came back in.

“who was that rude man anyway” she asked fiddling with my hair. She was showing me a few options of how I could wear it.

“my boyfriend” I muttered.

“is he always that rude to you?” she asked showing me the messy bun hair style.

“that is just Damon’s way, we are going through a bit of a rough patch which doesn’t help” I sighed, thinking how his reaction was my fault, maybe forcing him to propose was not the best thing to do when Katherine was around.

“want to talk about it dear” she asked dropping the messy bun so she could attempt to show me the curled hair look.

“I want him to propose and he does not want to be tied down” I mumbled laughing at the fact that he had not been with another girl for 72 years, yet he considers marriage a tie.

“men are always frightened of commitment, how long have you two been together” she asked now French plaiting my hair.

“long enough” I muttered not being about to tell her 72 years when I looked about seventeen and he looked in his twenties.

“trust me, in my experience the man will propose when he is ready, you trying to make him will only make him kick off more” she let the French plait go and finished playing with my hair.

“I think I should go either curls or straight” I muttered to her changing the subject.

“I liked curls” she offered.

“not sure about that, I think I will stick to straight” I wanted to go for the gothic look rather than preppy want-to-be.

“Marti where are you” I heard Stefan call out. The woman shuffled out of the changing room to meet him and Elena.

“they are ready for you dear” the woman called, I quickly looked in the mirror, grateful I had not been wearing any makeup and all signs of crying gone I took a deep breath and stepped out so that they could see me.

“Morticia Lilith Rosa Emma Luna Violet Lucia Bloodrayne, you look beautiful” Stefan smiled at me. I laughed when Elena’s face fell at my full name.

“thank you Stefan, but was my whole name necessary?” I questioned giving them a twirl.

“so I get no middle name while you get half a million” Elena joked walking up to me.

“my parents liked them all and couldn’t decide which to drop, Morticia was obviously there favourite though” I smiled as she hugged me.

“the dress really suites you” Elena whispered pulling away.

“one question, mainly for Stefan, do I look like a prostitute from Moulin Rouge” I asked keeping my face straight so he knew I was serious.

“no, why?” Stefan was clearly confused until he realised I was referring to his small stint in Paris turn of the twentieth century, which he had told me about once.

“why would she be asking you?” Elena turned to face him.

“another story left untold. Anyway because Damon said that was what I looked like” I smiled knowing how much trouble I had got him into. I love Stefan and hate the way Damon treats him, but I love winding him up all the same, he was like a brother to me.

“he is dead” Stefan growled as he could see under my happy exterior I was hurting.

“you will have to join the queue” Elena informed him pulling me into another hug.

“guys, no killing Damon, we all know he is an ass, and that is what I love about him, so please no killing” I begged pulling away from Elena so I could look at Stefan.

“how about seriously maiming” Stefan asked holding his arms out so I could hug him.

“no, no serious maiming, killing or even minor injuring” I whispered burying my head in his chest.

“not even slipping vervain in his bourbon” he asked weakly, already knowing the answer was no.

“no, but you could drink all of it, that would hurt him just as bad” I joked pulling away from him.

“sometimes I do question which he loves more, you or the alcohol” Stefan joked in attempted to cheer me up.

“so do I go with this dress, or another one” I turned to face Elena.

“that one is hot, so what if Damon was a jerk about it” Elena smiled and I nodded at her.

“one thing Stef” I smiled up at him.

“Damon walked off before you bought all of it didn’t he” he sighed.

“I will pay you back, promise” I smiled at him as he rolled his eyes.

“how much?” he asked as I walked back into the changing room, Elena followed me so she could help me out of the dress.

“the dress is fifteen hundred dollars, the shoes are twelve hundred dollars, the mask is five hundred, but the necklace is free” I whispered knowing that he could hear me from the till.

“could have been worse” he muttered under his breath making me laugh.

“what he say” Elena asked me as she finished undoing the corset.

“could have been worse” I repeated for her then pulled my jeans on and the white top, deliberately leaving Damon’s shirt off.

“you’re going to freeze” Elena worried as she gathered all my items.

“vampire remember” I whispered to her.

“even so, take my jumper” Stefan handed me his burgundy jumper which I put it on gratefully.

“thanks” I whispered, pulling the sleeves over my hands and breathing deeply as his heavenly scent of aftershave, traces of animal blood and washing powder filled my nose. 

“what are big little strange relationship brother friend things for” he shrugged putting up less of a protest than Damon would have, but that could have been because he knew he would get the money back.

“now to buy you a suit Mr” Elena grabbed one of his arms and I grabbed the other then we walked out of the shop.

“please god let this be the one” I heard Stefan mumble as he walked out of the changing room. I laughed but when Elena gave me a questioning glare I pretended not to notice.

“looks good” I assured him.

“I’m not sure” Elena muttered tilting her head both ways.

“spin” she demanded and he did.

“Elena, please” Stefan begged.

“yer come on Elena I think that one is perfect” I joined in. This was the fiftieth suit he had tried on, no exaggerating.

“one more” she begged holding out a black suit with a black skinny tie.

“swear that looks like the last fifty” Stefan mumbled taking it from her.

“what did you say” she snapped.

“swear that looks better than the last fifty” he lied smoothly.

“you try that on while I find something for Damon, I take it you don’t want to do it” Elena chimed to me.

“not really” I admitted, looking down as i thought about him.

“just find something black and make sure it is designer and Damon will love it” I heard Stefan mutter from behind the curtain.

“right, can I trust you two to be honest if that suit does not look right” she asked starting to walk away.

“Elena, I have been dressing myself for around a century and a half, I think I can manage one night” I heard Stefan sigh, but she did not hear him as she had already disappeared.

“Stef” I whispered stepping closer to the changing curtain.

“what” he sighed.

“you mind if I ask Elena if I can crash at hers tonight, I need a Damon break” I whispered, knowing that Elena would be fine with me staying over.

“why would I mind?” he asked pulling me into the changing room with him, the trousers looked good and he was about to pull the shirt on.

“well I kind of feel bad leaving you with Damon on your own” I muttered looking down.

“I was alone with him for around a century Marti, I am sure I can manage a few hours. Hell if it gets too bad we will all sleep in Elena’s room” he joked pulling my head up so I could look at him.

“that looks good and although on the hanger it looked the same as the others, I have to say that one does look the best” I smiled at him.

“Damon maybe a douche, a jerk, a jackass and any other words you can think to call him, but he is loyal and he loves you” Stefan whispered changing back out of the suit.

“they are all the things I love about him, his sarcasm, his witty one liners, it’s just...” I paused thinking about the way he snapped earlier.

“gets too much sometimes” Stefan offered as a sentence finisher.

“I’m going to stop, I have been trying for an entire year to get him to propose to me and it hasn’t worked, maybe I can settle for long term boyfriend, and with Katherine around we need Damon to be less...” I trailed off again to think of the best word.

“volatile” Stefan offered.

“yer, and if he is getting what he wants from me then he is less likely to be volatile” I mumbled looking down.

“that's not the only reason he is with you, but a year is the longest he has gone since before he was turned” Stefan muttered pulling his jeans up.

“was I a bitch for trying to make him commit, I mean the great Damon Salvatore just settling for me was a big enough commitment” I asked placing the suit back onto the hanger.

“no after 70 years...”

“72” I interrupted remembering how Damon remembered the exact amount of years, it must have meant something to him.

“72 years...” Stefan corrected his statement.

“I can see why you want to settle down and have puppies or whatever married vampires do” he joked.

“we wouldn’t be able to have puppies, you might eat them” I joked back and we both began to laugh.

“what’s all the laughing about?” Elena questioned from behind the curtain.

“vampire joke, tell you tonight while we are having are slumber party” I stepped out from behind the curtain to join her.

“slumber party?” she questioned.

“otherwise known as operation avoid Damon” Stefan shouted from behind the curtain.

“you know he can come into my house right?” she asked.

“yes but we need a girly gossip and then I am already at yours to get ready for the ball” I answered as Stefan finally finished changing.

“sounds good, just us or do you want Caroline and Bonnie to be there” she asked handing Stefan what I assume is Damon’s suit.

“just us” I answered and she nodded.

“well I will be in my car” Elena whispered as Stefan pulled up outside the boarding house. Loud music was coming from inside and she was clearly wary of the mood Damon would be in.

“ok Elena, I should be five minutes. On second thoughts get yourself home, I will run their” I muttered stepping out of Stefan’s car.

“sure?” she questioned.

“better everyone breakable is out of the way, just in case” I gave her a quick hug then followed Stefan towards the house.

“you want me to go in first, just in case” Stefan asked. I knew what he was getting at, a volatile Damon could mean a number of things; dead bodies everywhere, smashed glass or worse half naked girls. He had never cheated on me all the time we had been together, but I knew his old ways and how often he had come close to slipping up as there had been a few half naked girls.

“no, whatever he is doing, I need to see for myself” I whispered following Stefan into the house.

“brother” Damon smiled and headed for Stefan, he was clearly drunk, or pretending to be.

“bitch” he smiled at me and I slapped him.

“Damon” Stefan hissed then pinned him to the wall by his neck. I used this as my chance to pack an overnight bag and collect a few make-up items I would need for Elena and myself. I ran up to my room and blitzed around packing everything. I was placing the last item, some hair strengtheners, into the bag when I felt a pair of eyes on me.

“Marti” Damon whispered from the door.

“come near me and I will not think twice about breaking your arm” I snapped closing the bag.

“Morticia, love” Damon started to walk into the room and I gave him a murderous glare.

“I mean it Damon” I snapped putting the rucksack on my back.

“just answer this, are you leaving me” he asked, it looked like his eyes were watery.

“no, I am just leaving for tonight. I will see you at the ball tomorrow Damon, Stefan has your suit” I muttered walking towards the window as he was still standing in the way of the door.

“Marti, I’m sorry, please, please stay here and we will work this out” I turned around to see Damon begging me.

“you went too far Damon” I whispered lowering a leg out of the window.

“I know, I’m sorry please, please don’t leave me” he looked like a lost little boy and it broke my heart to stick the other leg out of the window.

“I’m not, I promise” I whispered then let go of the window so that I floated down to the floor.

“Marti, please” Damon was looking out of the window, tears clear in his eyes now.

“Stefan” I whispered, he was by me in a flash.

“what?” he asked brushing some hair out of my eyes. I may be older than him in human age, but I looked younger, which didn’t help with Damon looking like a man in his early thirties.

“tell him I’m not leaving him, tell him I still love him, tell him how much he hurt me, but don’t tell him where I have gone” I whispered, he nodded then he disappeared, and I heard a fight break out as I assumed Stefan was restraining Damon so he could not follow me. I ran full speed knowing that Stefan could not hold Damon for long as bunnies made him weaker than Damon or even to an extent me.

“Marti” I heard Damon shout but I was already over half way to Elena’s, tears rolling down my face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i tried my best with this chapter as i know how my fans like drama... hopefully there was enough there for you for now.

i just want to make sure that i had definitely cleared this up; this is a different story to Don't go Changing, although since they are both centred around the tv program of vampire diaries some aspects are the same.

please comment -> first person will have this chapter dedicated to them =)

please vote

please become a fan

THANK YOU

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.1K 88
What if Damon hadn't met Elena the night of her parents' death? What if along the way he ran into someone else? What if he fell in love with someone...
100K 2.1K 44
Alexandra has finally reached the point where she's becoming independent. With her and her bestfriend, Eleanor, moving to the town called Mystic Fal...
1.2M 30.3K 45
'"Okay..." I trailed off awkwardly, shoving my hands in my pockets. He groaned in frustration and I shot him a look. "What are you uhhh-ing about?" I...
1M 18.9K 31
"Technically you apologized for two things." I said, not really sure how to respond. I held up two fingers to his face and he kissed them sweetly, ma...