Revelations ∞ Liam Dunbar [1]

By ashleylon

Elizabeth Shields has been best friends with Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski for as long as she can remembe... More

00 | Summary
01 | Monstrous Dog Boy
02 | Soap?
03 | Intense
04 | Condition Terminal
05 | She's A Chimera
06 | Green Eyes
07 | Super Wolf Powers
08 | Oh, Parrish
09 | Roar
¡PREQUEL!
10 | More Problems
11 | Missing Teenager
13 | We're Going Camping
14 | Argent x2
15 | Eichen House
16 | Eichen House: Part II
17 | Eichen Finale
18 | Coach Finstock Returns
19 | Marie-Jeanne Who?
20 | The Beast Of Gevaudan
21 | Should've Had A Gun
22 | Never-Ending Night
23 | You'll Be Okay
24 | Denouement
¡THE END!

12 | Library Clean-Up

5.1K 147 31
By ashleylon

Chapter Twelve

I was peacefully sleeping, which I hadn't been able to do in days, until the sound of my phone ringing interrupted my dreams.

I groaned as I felt around my side table, knocking the my alarm-clock off the surface in the process. "Are you serious?" I whined, until I finally grabbed my phone.

"Hello?" I groggily spoke, propping myself up on my elbows.

"Hey...Liz.." Mason trailed off,

"What do you want?" I groaned, desperately wanting to end the call with him so I could get some rest.

"Liam and I could really use your help with-" Mason started,

"No."

"But you don't even know what I was going to-" he tried again.

"No." I lightly sang, "I'm tired, Mason."

"Come on, Liz. I know what Liam did was pretty bad, and probably unforgivable, but you're gonna need to forgive him eventually. Everyone will. You can't avoid us forever..." he pointed out.

"Look, Mason, buddy...I don't know what you and Liam want- need." I corrected myself, smiling. "And I don't care. I have enough problems that I'm dealing with right now, and I don't need yours on top of them. Good-Bye." I complained.

"Seriously, Liz? Y'know what...fine." Mason fake-sighed through the phone, causing me to narrow my eyes. "You don't want to help me, one of your closest friends, work through something. I get it, I do. Goodbye, Elizabeth." he trails off,

"Was that your attempt at reverse psychology?" I deadpan.

"Yeah..." he mutters,

"Well, it sucked." I acknowledge, "But, I'll help you."

"Sweet! Yeah, we'll meet you at the school!" Mason joys, hanging up on me before I can change my mind.

I groan in annoyance before throwing myself backwards, laying down again.

I should really find some new friends.

I walked around the school hallways aimlessly, searching for any sign of Mason and Liam.

"Mason?" I whispered, before stopping in my place. "Wait- why the hell am I whispering?" I muttered to myself, "Mason!" I obnoxiously shouted, before turning a corner running straight into someone.

"Ah, sorry my bad-" I started, remaining on the floor until I saw who it was. "Oh. Hi, Liam." I cleared my throat,

"Hey, Liz..." he offered a hand to help me up, which I didn't accept. I slowly got up, and stared at Mason.

"So...Mason." I fake-smiled, "What did you need my help with?" I sassed, brushing off my jeans even though they weren't dirty.

Mason looked away for a second, then resumed eye-contact, clearly feeling threatened by me. "Uh, Liam and I- we uh..." he stuttered, before motioning to Liam. "Take it away, Liam."

Liam's eyes lingered on him for a second before looking at me, "Uh..well I went to the club looking for Hayden and-"

I held a hand up, "No. I'm sorry I can't do this." I let out a laugh as I walked away.

Mason chased after me, grabbing my arm. "Liz, what's wrong?"

"Well, let me begin with the fact that the last time I saw Liam, he was tearing my best-friend - practically brother's - chest apart." I whispered even though I knew Liam was listening to us anyway. "I just- I can't talk to him normally. I know we both agreed on the whole 'break' thing, but I- I can't. I'm not over him, I never will be." I clarified, holding my face with my hands.

Mason stared at me with sympathetic eyes, "Liz, it'll be okay. That's the great thing about a 'break'. It means your relationship is just on pause. You guys will be back together and back to normal before you know it,"

"Are you sure?" I sheepishly asked, moving my fingers so he could see my eyes."

He nodded, lightly smiling. "Yes, I'm sure."

"You know, Mason, you're a lot smoother than you think." I smiled back at him before looking over his shoulder at Liam, "Okay.." I breathed.

The two of us stepped back over to Liam, where our eyes met for a few seconds before he continued his explanation.

"I went into the club looking for Hayden, and that's when I saw Josh. Standing there, completely alive." Liam recalled, staring into my eyes.

"So, Josh is one of Theo's creepy chimera pets?" I questioned,

"Yeah, I guess...but I don't understand how he brought back Josh and Hayden." Liam continued, earning a nod from me.

"Well, he brought them both back, that's obviously what he's doing. I don't give a shit how he's doing it, I just wanna know why." I claimed.

"So he's...he's building his own pack?" Mason inquired.

"Yeah, but I already figured that. Even though it is a creepy...disfigured, dead, chimera pack." I contorted my face in disgust.

"Well, they both looked pretty alive to me, but they're not the same. There was something about Hayden. There's something wrong about her.." Liam explains.

"Maybe that's what dying does to you.." Mason proposed, "What if- what if it like, darkens your soul."

"So you're saying they're all like...evil, now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as the double doors behind us opened, causing the three of us to jump.

"Hey, guys." Corey smiled, walking towards us. "Are you guys volunteering for the library clean-up too?"

"Yeah...yup. Yes." the three of us stammered repeatedly, after exchanging looks. We all faked a few smiles, before Corey nodded and took off towards the library.

"Wow, he's so evil. First volunteering, what's next? Helping strays find homes?" I whispered, faking a shocked expression, before walking backwards toward the library. I smiled as I spun around, catching up to Corey as we entered the library.

This is gonna be a long day.

After around 15 minutes of organizing books, I grabbed one and slid down one of the bookcases. Mason grabbed another stack of books, and walked over to Corey, causing me to lightly smile.

I looked down at the book I grabbed. It was about supernatural myths.

"Working hard I see.." Liam joked from above me, as he sat down next to me. I nodded as I skimmed through a few pages of the book,

"Liz, you can't be mad at me forever.." he spoke again, causing me to look at him.

"You're right, I can't. And I'm not." I acknowledged, "I'm already over that, most of us are."

I turn back to my book before he snatches it out of my hands, "Then, what's wrong?"

"Give that back to me, Liam." I caution, staring at him.

"No. Not until we talk." he announces.

"There's nothing to talk about." I clarify,

"Really? So you're not upset with me?" he questions, causing me to shake my head. "Okay, then you haven't been ignoring every text and call that I've sent you since I attacked Scott?"

"Okay, maybe I have." I admit, "But- it's not because of you. I can't look at you without wanting to kiss you, or tell you how much I love, and miss having you in my life everyday. It sucks so bad that we had to break things off just because of the monsters and horrible people that are after us."

"You love me?" he slowly asks, as a smile grows on his face.

"And miss you." I add, "But apparently you missed that part of the sentence.."

"Liz, you are easily the best thing that's happened to me. Becoming part of Scott's pack is second, at best." he jokes, causing me to laugh. "I've never stopped loving you, or missing you, or wanting to kiss you."

"Liam.." I start, sadly smiling.

"I know, I know. Dread doctors, Theo Raeken, chimeras-" Liam pauses, "But those things shouldn't stop us from being together."

"You're the one who always said how in love Scott and Allison were. They fought Alphas, lizard creatures, Japanese spirits, and you're telling me you want to take a break over three assholes in scuba helmets and a teenager with confidence issues?" Liam raises his eyebrows as I let out a laugh.

I wipe my eyes, not realizing that I had been lightly crying. Liam leaned forward, wiping a few leftover tears as we stare at each other. He leans in closer, and our faces are inches apart. Mason, however, interrupts us before we can kiss.

"So, I taked with Corey and-" Mason stopped as Liam and I moved away from each other. "Whoa, sorry...was I interrupting something..." he trailed off,

"No." I immediately respond, my eyes not leaving Liam's until I hear everyone placing chairs over the tables. I begin looking around, as Corey finishes with the last table, "Oh- he's leaving. What's the plan?" I assert, standing up.

"I have a date with him on Saturday, I thought that was the plan." Mason admits, as Liam stands up.

"Ooh, go Mason." I smirk, nudging his arm. "Well, at least I was able to help someone today. I'll see you guys later." I fake a smile as I try to walk away before Liam grabs my arm.

"Not so fast. He was supposed to ask him about Theo. We can't wait until Saturday." Liam clarifies.

"Sorry, but Theo leading an evil chimera pack wasn't exactly a natural progression to the conversation." Mason adds,

"Fine. I'll talk to him." I groan, turning to walk over to Corey, when the library door closes. He left. "Oh well, talk to him another time. Bye now." I wave, walking away from Liam and Mason.

What the hell was I thinking? I should've kissed Liam. We could've gotten back together. I mean, after all, he gave a pretty convincing speech.

Again, I seriously need to find better friends.

I stormed into the house, racing up the stairs.

"And where do you think you're going, young lady?" Aunt Carol's voice calls out when I'm halfway up the stairs, causing me to walk back down.

"To my room, you know...that place where I sleep." I smile, walking into the kitchen where she was eating dinner.

"Where were you all day? And no more excuses. McCall didn't call me this time, so you're on your own." she narrows her eyes at me.

"I was at the library. They had some lame clean-up day, and Mason said he was going, so I figured, what do I have to lose." I breathed, telling the truth.

She inspected my face before talking, "Mh. Okay."

I continue standing in the kitchen doorway, "What? That's all I wanted to hear. You can go upstairs now." she shooed me away, as I let out a laugh.

"Good night, Aunt Carol." I called out from the stairs,

"Good night, Sweetie." she replied, as I closed my bedroom door, falling onto my bed.

Ugh, this was not even last weeks entire episode, yet it was at the same time. There literally was not enough to write about in this episode, it sucks. This chapter probably sucks too because Liziam was SO close to making up, but Mason cockblocked.

I am genuinely sorry for this sucky chapter though. And I'm not just fishing for compliments by saying that, because I seriously think some of my chapters are really good. I still prefer my Vampire Diaries book over this one though...I mean, I also already wrote 20 chapters for that one.

Some chapters I can keep writing, and reach 3000 words, and other times I can't even make it to 2,000. (Incase some of you forgot, 2,500 is usually my chapter goal...)

Have a good night, or day- I legitimately don't know where you live or when you're reading this.

Until the next chapter, goodbye ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40 5 5
Sophia McCall Sophia and Scott McCall have been inseparable from their best friend Stiles Stilinski for as long as they can remember. They played in...
225K 4.8K 21
Sequel To "Scott's Mate" **** Ariana Hale just arrived back to Beacon Hills from London. She reunites with the McCall pack, happy as can be. But of...
14.9K 460 18
Book 3 of The Omega Series. Will the close friends of the McCall pack ever catch a break? The teens have already fought an Alpha werewolf and a Kani...
39.1K 2.3K 30
The last thing James "Jay" Hale ever imagined was to begrudgingly return to Beacon Hills, find out his older sister was murdered, and then be forced...