I Refuse to Fall in Love with...

By LilMzSwagga

Sereya is a sixteen year old girl, trying to juggle being a Christian in the 21st century and dealing with a... More

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him
*Chapter Two*
*Chapter Three*
*Chapter Four*
*Chapter Five*
*Chapter Six*
*Chapter Seven*
*Chapter Eight*
*Chapter Nine*
*Chapter Eleven*
*Chapter Twelve*
*Chapter Thirteen*
*Chapter Fourteen*
*Chapter Fifteen*
*Chapter Sixteen*
*Chapter Seventeen*
*Chapter Eighteen*
*Chapter Nineteen*
Chapter Twenty
*Chapter Twenty-One*
*Chapter Twenty-Two*
*Chapter Twenty-Three*
*Chapter Twenty-Four*
*Chapter Twenty-Five*
*Chapter Twenty-Six*
*Chapter Twenty-Seven*
*Chapter Twenty-Eight* THE FINALE!

*Chapter Ten*

506 10 6
By LilMzSwagga

I Refuse to Fall in Love with Him *ch.10*

Sereya’s POV:

I slowly trudged towards the refrigerator, wiping sleep from my eyes.

“Good morning honey,” my mom said, eating an omelet.

“Good morninggg,” I mumbled.

“It’s noon. You better be getting ready. That young man Austin is coming over so your father can meet him. Plus you have to work on your project young lady.”

“Oh my gosh!!! I totally forgot! Ahhh,” I shouted, and sprinted out the room, leaping up the stairs.

I picked out my outfit carefully, making sure I would look great today. Then, I rushed into the bathroom, took a shower, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, put on some jewelry, applied chap stick, then applied lip gloss, and looked in the mirror.

I agreed that how I looked was acceptable for today’s occasion. It was now a quarter till noon. I checked my cell phone to see if I had any new messages. There was one from Austin:

Good morning. I should be over in a few. ~YoungKing

The message was sent around 3 minutes ago, so I replied saying okay and headed down stairs.

Right after I plopped down on the couch, the door bell rang.

“Dad! He’s here,” I shouted, while fixing my hair once again.

“Here we go,” my dad said while walking to the door.

“Chris, please behave,” mom stated.

My dad reached out and opened the door. Austin and a middle-aged man stood outside, on the porch.

“Hello, I’m Mr. Williams, Sereya’s father,” my father greeted.

The man stretched out his arm to shake my dad’s hand. Then Austin shook his hand, too.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Mr. Jackson. This is my son, Austin. I understand that your daughter and my son are going to be working on a project together,” Mr. Jackson told my dad.

“Oh yes, please come in. We can discuss this inside.”

Austin stepped inside, followed by his dad.

“Hello, I’m Mrs. Williams. Have a seat,” my mother introduced.

“Hey Sereya,” Austin smiled.

“Hey,” I smiled shyly, sitting next to my mother.

For the next few minutes my parents and Austin’s father basically talked about how often Austin and I would meet, and discussed the locations. However, after they finalized those plans, the conversation somehow turned over to sports. Turns out, my father and Austin’s father are rooting for different teams for the Super Bowl.

“Oh noooo! Steelers are most definitely going to win,” my father shouted.

“Man, I’m sorry to tell you but Packers are going to destroy your puny Steelers,” Mr. Jackson shouted back.

My father let out a hearty laugh.

I made eye contact with Austin; he was just staring at me.

“Sereya, Austin, you two go to the family room and start doing your work. I have a feeling they’re going to be at this for a while,” my mom said, rolling her eyes.

I obeyed my mother’s instructions and led Austin to the family room. I told him to get comfortable while I went upstairs to get my book bag.

I came back down and found him laying back in the recliner.

“Wow, you don’t waste time,” I teased.

He chuckled, “Yeah, I might as well. I can tell you, my dad’s not going to stop until he changes your dad’s mind.”

“Well, my dad won’t let that happen, trust me. Why should he? Everyone knows that Steelers are going to dominate,” I smirked.

“Oh wow. I’m sorry to tell you, but your team is going down. Don’t worry though, its okay. I’ll be here to give you a shoulder to cry on.”

“Haaa! You’re really funny. I’m not even going there with you because when the Steelers win, I’ll try not to laugh, but that’s not a promise. So if a laugh escapes, it’s not my fault,” I smiled.

“Okay, I’ll let you dream. So what are we about to do?”

“Hmm…okay well did you start researching for our topic?” I asked.

“No, I did not, because it’s simple. Our topic is domestic violence so we’ll just talk about how that jerk Chris Brown messed up Rihanna,” he said shrugging.

“First off, no, because they are not our topic. They can be part of our presentation but we can’t do the whole project on them. Second, oh no the heck you didn’t! Don’t you dare say anything about Chris Brown! He is not a jerk! He made one freakin mistake and people want to act like they never did anything wrong before. He deserves a second chance. It’s called forgiveness,” I rambled.

“Wow…okay then,” Austin said hesitantly.

“Ha ha. Sorry, its’ just that I don’t play when it comes to my baby Chris Breezy.”

“Well I can assure you that I learned my lesson. Don’t worry, won’t happen again. All I want to do is please you,” Austin said, moving in closer to me.

I looked into his eyes, and swallowed hard. “Yeah okay, so anyway,” I said, nonchalantly scooting away from Austin. “I’m going to get my laptop so we can do some research,” I said hopping up, and walking towards the door.

I walked out the door and headed for the stairs.

“Hey, how is it going in there?” my mom called from the kitchen.

“It’s good. I’m just going to get my laptop so we can look up some facts,” I said.

“Okay, you two stay focused, and don’t forget to leave the door open little miss missy,” my mom stated.

“Okay mommy,” I chuckled and sprinted up the stairs.

When I entered the game room, Austin was eating chips and fruit.

“Dang, I was gone so long you ordered some food?” I asked.

“Funny, but no. Your mom brought this in after you left. She’s really nice, and I think she likes me,” Austin said grinning.

“Oh Joy,” I said sarcastically.

“Whatever, don’t even try to act like you’re not excited that your mom approves of me,” he teased.

I let out a snort. “Okay, Austin.”

For the next twenty minutes we just looked up domestic violence facts on Google.

“Dang, I didn’t know that one in four women are victims of domestic violence,” Austin said shocked.

“I know, that’s horrible. When you think about it, it’s like saying for every four girls at our school, one will be a victim. That adds up to a lot,” I stated, frowning.

“I promise never to lay a hand on a woman. Ever! ” Austin said, raising his right hand.

Just then, “Speakers Going Hammer” by Soulja Boy rang through the room.

“Ugh! Hold on, it’s Angel. She’s called me four times already, let me get this,” Austin explained, while getting his cell phone out of his pocket.

I went to the sofa, and laid back, eating chips.

“Hello…hey baby…I’m sorry…yeah I know, I’ve been busy…I’m kinda doing a project…yes the one from Mrs. Thomas’ class,” Austin said into the phone.

All of a sudden I heard a voice screaming through the other end of the phone. Austin stood up, pacing slowly back and forth.

“Yes…I’m at her house…CALM DOWN…whatever…I’ll call you later…yes I am hanging up…bye baby…byeee…Angel! Bye!” Austin said, shaking his head and putting his phone back into his pocket.

I just sat there, smiling at him.

“How’s little miss perky girlfriend doing?” I joked.

“Very funny, but nah she’s just being jealous, like always.” he said annoyed.

“Nice to know,” I smiled slyly.

“I like that you’re so happy about Angel being jealous over you.”

“What! Me?” I shouted, acting surprised.

“Whatever, cut the act,” he said smiling.

“I just don’t see how you do it. How do you put up with all her drama all the time?”

“I’ve been putting up with Angel’s little temper tantrums for a little over a year now,” Austin informed me.

“Then, I don’t get it. I mean, you could get any girl at our school, but yet you choose to stay with someone who won’t let you breathe.” I shook my head in confusion and disbelief.

“That’s not true. Apparently, I can’t get any girl,” Austin stated, pulling me in closer to him. “Or can I?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 3.2K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...
9.6K 374 41
Melissa is an athlete, a girl with a soft heart, and is prettier than she lets herself believe. Daniel is the teacher's son, is introvert but is a ve...
Split in Half By Alo

Teen Fiction

5.5K 295 51
Nicole Dallas,17 years old high school student, about to take a trip to her own living nightmare. Starting fresh at another school, oh great! Why now...
867K 14.8K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...