The Bad Boy Saved My Life #Wa...

By PrincessofWhales

Peyton Hills has it all. She has a perfect life, surrounded by loving and supportive parents who shockingly... More

Chapter #1
Chapter #2
Chapter #3
Chapter #4
Chapter #5
Chapter #6
Chapter #7
Chapter #8
Chapter #9
Chapter #11
Chapter #12
Chapter #13
Chapter #14
Chapter #15
Chapter #16
Chapter #17
Chapter #18
Chapter #19
Chapter #20
Chapter #21
Chapter #22
Chapter #23
Chapter #24
Chapter #25
Chapter #26
Chapter #27
Chapter #28
Chapter #29
Chapter #30
Chapter #31
Chapter #32

Chapter #10

186K 4.9K 4.9K
By PrincessofWhales

Chapter #10: Fights In The Park = Questionable

Peyton's outfit on the right >

***

I re-read the anonymous text message I had received a few minutes back, my face stone like.

Unknown: I didn't know you were into guys like him.

I sighed and began texting the anonymous number back.

P.Hills: Who is this?

Unknown: Evan ;)

I sighed inwardly. I should've known it was him. For some reason, I knew it'd be him, at the back of my mind. I added him quickly into my contacts before responding- still quite curious as to how he managed to get a hold of my number.

P.Hills: Of course it's you.. i should've known. and i know you're talking about daniel. he's just my best friend from my old school.

A few minutes later, I got a response, completely out of the blue.

Evan: Are you gonna tell me what happened at the doctor's office?

The question was really blunt, and caught me off guard. I thought he'd never mention it, but I guess he did. I wasn't up for telling him what had happened, and not anytime soon either.

P.Hills: No.

Evan: Why not?

P.Hills: Because it's not your business.

I chucked my phone into my purse, ignoring the text messages I kept receiving. I became sweaty, knowing that he's constantly wanting to get into my business. I understood his genuine curiousity, but it wasn't just something I could talk about. Especially not over text. I got up from my chair and I tossed out my Booster Juice smoothie, that was now empty. I walked out, heading for the park I told Daniel to meet me at, hoping to God that he hadn't forgotten.

***

I could see the park across the street so I picked up my pace so that I'd be there a couple minutes earlier. The music from my ear-buds blasted through my ear-drums and I hummed along to the song 'Drunk' by Ed Sheeran. My mind was elsewhere, in a complete little bubble of my own. I wasn't really paying attention to my surroundings, but only to my music.

Without notice, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I jolted in my spot- completely caught off guard. I let out a little awkward glance and turned around quickly, my chest falling when I realized it was Evan. I didn't feel annoyed by his presence this time and I wondered why mentally.

Music usually put me in my best state of mind and relaxed me, so when he flashed a boyish grin and invited himself to walk along with me, I simply shrugged.

"My house is just behind the park," Evan says casually, shoving his hands into his jeans pockets.

"Mine's around the corner."

Evan nodded in interest. "So what're you up to, walking the streets of New York all alone?" he chuckled, poking his shoulder into mine.

I didn't look at him, but only kept walking. "Just heading to the park, to meet Daniel."

Evan slowed down his pace, a sarcastic chuckle slipping through his mouth.

"He just got here and he already left you to hang with his friends, what a gentleman, huh?" he snorted.

I rolled my eyes, looking up at Evan. "He had some friends he wanted to visit okay. He's also seeing if there are any parties around tonight."

"Mm. I know Jake is throwing one tonight. He's my friend. You should come."

"Why are you always talking to me," I asked out of the blue as I kicked a broken branch out of my way as I neared the park bench. "I mean, you're always asking me things, inviting me places, wanting me to do things with you. Like... We're not even friends Evan."

Evan didn't respond for a moment but only dragged on walking, an awkward silence falling between us. "Am I not allowed to be your friend?" he smirks, looking down at me.

I rolled my eyes. "You're annoying."

Evan grinned as he neared closer and closer to me, the further we walked. Within minutes, his shoulder was rubbing against mine and it made me feel just how warm he was. It was quiet, and the park was empty except for the odd few joggers. When we found a spot on the bench, Evan yawned.

"Where's Paxton? I have a feeling we're failing this project."

I shook my head. "He's sleeping or something right now. I haven't paid much attention to him so I think you should take him whenever."

As I waited for Daniel to show up, I cuddled closer to my own jacket and sat more comfortably, extending my legs. I took out my phone to see that it was 2:50 and Daniel still wasn't here. I didn't want to sweat it, so I simply watched the clouds move achingly slow. Evan sat on the bench next to me and casually slung his arm over the bench where my back lay. He rested his right foot up on his left knee- like the male version of how girls put one leg on top of the other. I watched, many questions about the male species, running through my head.

After a few quiet minutes, I looked over to Evan. "So why are you with me again?"

I wasn't expecting a legit answer from Evan since I could never take him so seriously, but his words made me stare at him a little longer than I had intended, quite amused.

"Well you're new... And I'm trying to be nice. It's not safe here on the streets of New York," Evan said matter of factly. "You're not walking around in some cozy neighborhood like I'm guessing you used to at your old place. You can't walk out here alone and... yeah," Evan glanced over to me. His answer was actually quite reasonable now. "But you being smoking hot is just a plus." he smirked and the smile on my face faded at his dumb little boy comment.

"I'm not a campfire or a warm hot dog Evan. Don't call me hot." I retorted slyly, feeling smug with my answer.

Evan let out a little snort. "Whatever."

"Peyton!"

I looked up and stopped fiddeling with my fingers to see Daniel walking towards me quickly. I stood up and reached out my arms, beaming.

He jogged up to the bench facing away from Evan- not knowing he was sitting right there. He gave me a quick hug. I felt awkward hugging Daniel since Evan sat right where the direction of my face was whilst I rested my head on Daniel's buff shoulder. Evan winked at me and I rolled my eyes. I finally pulled back.

"Sorry that took a while. I was caught up with a few things but apparently Jake Arken is having a dope party later. But I forgot to ask you how your doctor's apppointment went? Did he say anything about your-"

"SHHH!" I gasped, placing my hands over Daniel's lips and using too much force, pushing him back causing him to stumble.

Daniel's eyes only widened at my sudden ounce of energy and I slowly removed my hands when Daniel didn't make an effort so speak or mumble anymore.

"We have a guest." I muttered.

Daniel turned around to come face to face with Evan.

"Daniel, this is Evan. Evan, this is Daniel, as you guys may know."

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Daniel scoffed, nodding his head towards Evan who sat on the bench with a smug look on his face.

"We ran into each other as I was walking here and I guess he just tagged along," I explained, grabbing onto Daniel's forearm.

"Yeah. If you're smart, you would know these are the streets of New York, not some cozy and safe suburban area where you can let an attractive teenager walk around freely so you should keep an eye on her." Evan retorted, becoming defensive.

"Bro, are you just gonna keep following Peyton around or what? She's not something to stare at like a prized possession at a museum. Get your ass out of your head and go admire something else." Daniel voiced defensively.

I felt the tension suddenly get thick as Evan made no effort to move. He only stood up slowly, taking a threatening step. I mentally groaned as I watched glare so venemously at eachother. I never understood what was up with these two guys but whatever grunges they held, they needed to get rid of.

"Well she is really fucking hot, so I can stare at her. You don't own her." Evan seethed tauntingly, making Daniel fume suddenly.

Daniel balled his fists and within the blink of an eye, threw a punch right at Evan's face. I gasped, feeling suddenly nauseous. What is with boys and their boy troubles?

"What if I told you I do?" Daniel scoffed.

Say whaaat?

"Daniel!" I screamed, stepping in and pushing him back by his chest. It took a lot of force but I got him to back up a bit. Daniel quickly moved me out of the way and Evan jumped onto of Daniel, throwing punches at his face.

I was so stunned with the sudden dramatic fight. It didn't feel like reality because of the way they were acting. They were so filled with hatred that they despised eachtother and literally began fighting in a park.

"Get off of him Evan!" I shouted, trying to knock Evan off of Daniel.

My thoughts raced as I struggled to contain myself. I can't handle this, and their stupid immature actions.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?! Stop it now!" I wailed, causing the guys to just lay there panting for a moment.

"Get that stick out of your ass and realize that girl's don't get with tools like you. What the fuck is your problem," Daniel seethed angrily and I groaned.

"Enough!" I screeched in my most high pitched voice I could muster. "You two little shit heads, stop it! I'm not some toy you both can try to win over! You need to cut your crap, and grow up. You're both acting like idiots and it's driving me nuts. Now unless you want me talking to neither of you then I suggest you back the fuck up and we'll see who's the bigger person!"

Evan's eyes were narrowed onto Daniel's but he slowly stepped back and spat the blood, making it shoot barely 1 inch away from Daniel's face. Daniel clenched his jaw, clearly trying to hold back his anger.

"See you around Peyton." Evan spoke smoothly, causing me to turn around and glare at him.

He looked at me for half a second before turning on his heels, shoving his hands into his jean pockets and retreating from where we stood in the park. My mouth was agape as I watched his retreating back, wondering what had just happened.

"God you two are worse than two girls on their period!" I grunted.

Daniel frowned. "He's a dick. I don't want you talking to him Peyton."

I sighed. "You guys just have a problem with each other. It doesn't matter okay. Seriously you're my best friend and I don't want you getting hurt. I'd hate to see your pretty face more ruined than it already is," I teased, wiping at Daniel's face wih the sleeve of my sweater.

He chuckled, pushing my arm away. "I'm fine, Peyton."

He fixed his shirt, playing it off cool and tossed his arm around my shoulder comfortably, pulling me tighter to his chest as we walked out of the park. I walked warmly with Daniel, still conflicted as to what had just happened. As we reached the gates of the park, Daniel nudges me arm, a goofy grin on his face.

"See this is why I like you Peyton Hills."

I couldn't be more grateful to have such a good friend. Daniel was like the over-protective brother I never had.

"Yeah yeah, shut up," I smirked.

***

Daniel and I had arranged plans to go to Jake's party. I wasn't really looking forward to it but I had promised Daniel that I'd have a good time with him. I chose my outfit and laid it out on my bed, staring at it, completely delusional. I was planning on wearing a skin tight, animal print dress with black long sleeves, along with my beige colored pumps and some light curly waves in my hair. I took my time as I finished up my make up and fixed my hair, my eyes landing on the clock occasionally.

My outfit was complete once I had put everything on. Daniel walked out of my bathroom fixing his designer jeans then leaned against my door frame, placing his hands in his jean pockets. Saying he looked hot right now would be a total understatement. He was wearing designer jeans with some high tops and a plain white t-shirt that was definitely see through. His abs were tight from underneath the shirt. Not that I was dying to see it or touch him... because I already experienced the whole package.

Yup. I lost my virginity to Daniel when I was 16 and he was 17 in junior year. I guess it was just peer pressure and Daniel being the player and bad-ass that he is, he was totally fine with it. We did it at his house one very random night and I thought we'd never talk again, but we actually became very good friends after that. Melody always teased me about how we'd become friends, saying things like "He was your one night stand and now you two are best friends? That's gross!" I didn't find it weird at all actually. We had an "unspoken bond".

I wasn't his first, of course, but he was my first and I'm glad it was with someone I actually trusted. We didn't have feelings for each other, I had just walked into his house one night and said 'Daniel I want you to bang me'. Now that I look back, I get embaressed because of how reckless I was, and because of how cool I thought I was with my tiny group of friends. I always figured that when we did it, there was some passion but I always ignored it. I didn't cling onto him, he didn't cling onto me but I knew there were some feelings here and there. I chose to ignore them and I guess Daniel did too, because that night has never been brought up since.

We never really ended up talking about it considering it was nothing special, but sometimes I question why I was so stupid.

I quickly tore my eyes off of Daniel who had a smirk on his lips. I sighed, not wanting to relive anything that Daniel and I had previously experienced.

"Well, no hello, just staring? Fine with me," Daniel chuckled. I hit him playfully with my clutch and stepped out with him, my boots clunking on the cement floor. "Ready to go?"

"Hell yes. Time to get some things off my mind!" I sang out, pumping my fist into the air.

Within that second, I felt like my old self. I had no feel of anxiety or self-consciousness. I felt like the old me; and it felt so refreshing.

***

A/N:

Team Evan + Peyton

          or

Team Daniel + Peyton?

Who do YOU choose? Tell me in the comments below!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 10.7K 21
°°°°° "I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his...
230K 9.5K 61
Book 1: Affinity Romance series "Watch your step Eli-phant might be to big to start an earthquake." "I heard she raids the vending machine during her...
173K 7.4K 82
Every high schooler says that high school is hell, but for an eighteen-year-old, Isla, it really is. For someone who is so sweet and pure she doesn'...
7.2K 2.2K 49
⚠️ This is a true story, unfortunately. 🖤1st in a series ✅Completed I labeled this as teen "fiction" because my target age group usually thinks o...