Can You Keep A Secret? {[Stud...

By morbidcupcake

Note from MC: Stop. Do not read this story. It was written by a 13-year-old girl who really needed a reality... More

Chapter One: Interrogation. I Don't Know Already!
Chapter Two: Beating
Chapter Three: What Really Happened?
Chapter Four: Lunch with Mr. Carter
Chapter Five: Spilled Cappuccino and a Romance Novel
Chapter Six: "Goodnight, Deserae. Sweet Dreams."
Chapter Seven: The Scientist: An Amazing Performance
Chapter Eight: Come Closer
Bonus Chapter: Close to the Edge
Chapter Nine: Hungover...
Chapter Ten: Saved... Again. Sigh.
Chapter Twelve: Jealousy?
Chapter Thirteen: Black Valery
Chapter Fourteen: Everything
Chapter Fifteen: Mr. Carter Learns the Truth.. Mostly
Chapter Sixteen: Sleepover with the Smirking Jerk and His Lesbian Lover
Chapter Seventeen: Deserae's Competition?
Chapter Eighteen: Deserae in Danger
Chapter Nineteen: Say What?!
Chapter Twenty: Telling Miranda Everything... With Exceptions
Chapter Twenty-One: News
Chapter Twenty-Two: Goodbye </3
Update~ Read for Sequel Information<3

Chapter Eleven: Dad's Discovery

56.5K 1K 288
By morbidcupcake

                “Ouch.” Mr. Carter said, cringing playfully.

                I rolled my eyes at him and tightened the gauze again, “Shut up. It doesn’t even hurt.”

                He chuckled as I continued treating his arm.

                Of course, me and my messed up head couldn't stop glancing at his bare chest. He was sitting on the toilet seat in the upstairs bathroom, me on my knees next to him. I, as usual, was dressed in one of his white shirts and a pair of his black boxers. Simply because Aaron decided he was going to bleed all over my baggy outfit.

                Asshole.

                He snickered, “For someone who’s being so cold and hateful, you sure are enjoying me half naked.”

                I blinked and shook my head, “Shut up.” I grumbled for the millionth time since I’d been over. “And I’m being cold because you’re freaking reckless. Who sneaks up on a guy with a knife anyway? What if he would have gotten something other than your shoulder? Stupid.” I taped the gauze in place and glared up at him.

                He smirked as he caught my good cheek with his hand, “Speaking of reckless…” He murmured, leaning down to the still-bleeding cut on my cheek, “You still need to be punished for fighting back. Again.”

                My eyes widened, “What are you-”

                His soft tongue traced the cut gingerly as he placed butterfly light kisses along it every now and then.

                “Mr. Carter!” I hissed, trying to push him away by his chest.

                His bare chest… His rock-hard, bare chest…

                Focus!

                Shit… I couldn’t concentrate. His tongue set my cheek on fire and it traveled through every fiber in my being.

                He stopped shortly and brought his lips to my ear, “The more you struggle, the worse it gets.”

                Chills ran down my spine and I shuddered. Ignoring his threat, I said, “Like hell. Stop it.” My voice shook.

Sigh.

                I felt him smirk and he moved his hands to my waist, lifting me up to his lap.

                Great. Now I was straddling him.

                I looked at him, trying to figure out what the hell was going through his mind. His eyes danced with amusement, but something was off about them. They seemed darker than usual.

                “Continue to struggle. It can get a lot worse than this.” He whispered roughly, nipping at my ear.

                My heart was pounding in my ears and I gulped.

                Defiantly, I pushed against his chest a little.

                He let out a low chuckle, “So stubborn.”

                Damn straight.

                He grabbed my wrists with each of his hands and pulled them away from his chest. He brought them up to the base of his neck and placed them there, palms flat.

                This is not going anywhere good.

                So why am I wrapping my arms around his neck and feeling his soft, dark hair?

                His hands returned to my waist and I caught a glimpse of his eyes. They were darker yet again. Almost a midnight blue color.

                I didn’t contemplate it long because his lips returned to my injured cheek.

                I bit my lip and closed my eyes as he ran his tongue along the cut again, only lighter this time. I pulled his hair a little and he chuckled, place a light kiss on my cheek before continuing.

                “Kinky.” A voice at the door said.

                Instinctively, I tried to pull away, but his hold on my waist kept me in place.

                “She’s cute.” The feminine voice continued.

                I looked over at her. She was leaning on the door, her red hair covering her teasing hazel eyes. They reminded me a lot of Mr. Carter’s eyes. Her outfit consisted of faded blue jeans and a red, long sleeve that emphasized every womanly curve she had.

                To put it simply, the girl wasn’t lacking. In any since of the word.

                Mr. Carter sighed, “Why are you here, Val?”

                Well that’s interesting. He didn’t even have to look to know it was her. Who was ‘Val’ anyway?

                She ignored him and walked over to us. Mr. Carter’s grip tightened on my waist and my hands fell to his chest again.

                She bent over and studied my face, “Pretty skin. Flawless, actually. No acne, no blackheads.” She sighed, “I’m jealous.” She grabbed a stand of my hair, “Unique colors and really soft. Gorgeous brown eyes…” Finally, she straightened up and smiled, “Besides the pale skin, she’s totally my type. I approve completely. Even if she is under eighteen.”

                She approves? Of what? And how did she know I was under eighteen? I’m not short…

                Mr. Carter smirked, “I’m glad you approve. Now why are you here?”

                She shrugged, “You left me alone at the school, so I came to see if you were here. Which you weren’t, I might add. So I fell asleep in the guest room. By the way, what happened to the underwear I bought and left here?”

                “I think I gave them away.” He said, shrugging.

                She pouted, “To who?”

                “Deserae.” He nodded to me.

                Her eyes widened and she shook a finger at him, “Naughty naughty Mason. She’s too young to be tainted with your wickedness.”

                He raised an eyebrow, “Wickedness?”

                She smiled and winked, a mischievous glint in her eyes, “I’ll be in the living room, waiting on you two to finish up.” She sent one last wink to me before she walked out of the door.

                I was completely lost.

                I gave Mr. Carter a questioning look, “Who was that?”

                “My girlfriend.”

                I snorted, “Yeah right. That’s why she approved of us…” I faded out.

                He smirked, “Of us?”

                I cleared my throat, “Uhm, yeah… Anyway… We should really get going…” I attempted to get up, but, yet again, he pulled me closer to him.

                “You’re not getting out of this one.” He said, chuckling, “Finish the sentence.”

                “You know… of us… dating…” Wow. That was pathetic. “Not that we are.” I stated quickly when I saw his smirk, “Because we’re not. There is no way I would ever date you. Ever.”

                He chuckled and pulled me closer, completely wrapping his arms around this time and putting his forehead against mine, “You’re cute, you know that?”

                My eyes widened and my face heated up. Quickly, I looked away, “You seriously piss me off.” I mumbled.

                He chuckled again, “I know.” He pulled away a little and nodded to the cabinet above the sink, “Let’s fix up that cheek of yours.”

                He let me get up this time and he grabbed a plain-looking Band-Aid and even put it on for me.

                “Very professional.” I said, smirking slightly as I repeated the words he had said earlier today.

                He sent me a cunning smile before we headed to the living room.

                The redhead sat on the couch, flipping through channels absently.

                She stopped and looked at us disapprovingly, “Mason, that didn’t take very long.”

                Mr. Carter chuckled and I shook my head. Perverted woman.

                They definitely had to be related, that’s just all there is to it.

                He sat down next to her and an emotion I didn’t understand panged in my chest. Like a sinking feeling.

                “Well sit down.” The girl said, “I don’t bite…” She paused, “Unless you like that sort of thing.”

                I smiled a little, but shook my head, “Sorry. I should really get going. My dad gets agitated when I’m late.”

                Mr. Carter looked up at me, “Do you want a ride?”

                She nudged him and winked, causing the sinking feeling to worsen, almost suffocating.

                “No.” I smiled, “I can walk.”

                He raised an eyebrow, “Deserae, your house is ten miles from here.”

                Oh. Right.

                I shrugged, “That’s okay. I need the exercise.”

                Redhead laughed, “Exercise? Sweetie, you need a Big-Mac.”

                Strange. Miranda said that about Tiffany once. Actually, now that I think about, this chick reminded me a lot of Miranda…

                Mr. Carter shook his head, amused, “I’m taking you home. End of story.”  He stood up and gave her a hug, “Be good while I’m gone, Valery. I don’t want to hear any complaints from the neighbors.”

                She smiled and kissed his cheek, “Just promise to punish me if I am and I will.”

                He chuckled slightly, “I think you get punished for being bad.”

                “Then it looks like I’m not going be good.”

                He shook his head and picked up his keys from the coffee table, “I’ll be back in about twenty minutes.”

                She nodded as we headed out the door.

                “It was quiet as he opened the car door for me. I slide in, deep in thought.

                Earlier, he had called her his girlfriend and I had passed it off as a joke, but what if it was true?

                My chest tightened.

                They’d seemed so comfortable with each other. Even able to joke around about sex. And she did kiss him on the cheek…

                “She’s a childhood friend.” Mr. Carter said, causing me to look at him. He glanced at me from the corner of his eye and smirked, “Not my girlfriend.”

                “I don’t care.” I stated, though it felt like I could breathe easier.

                His smirk widened, but he didn’t say anything.

                “Have you guys ever dated?” I asked before I could stop myself.

                He chuckled, “I thought you didn’t care?”

                “I don’t… Not really anyway.”

                “Once. When we were in middle school.”

                I pursed my lips, “Why did you break up?”

                “Because she figured out she liked girls instead of guys and she didn’t care what anyone else thought.”

                “Oh.” I said. So she’s not like Miranda as much as I thought, “She’s a lesbian?”

                He nodded, “Did you think she was joking when she said you were her type?”

                “Well yeah, I kind of did.” Who wouldn’t?

                “No, she really thinks you’re cute.” He glanced at me and smiled, “Can’t blame her though. Especially when you get jealous over her.”

                My face reddened and I looked away, “Idiot. Who would be jealous of her? She can have you.”

                I heard his chuckle, but I still didn’t look at him.

                Whatever this feeling was, it wasn’t good.

                We pulled up and I noticed my dad’s trashed car almost fully parked in the grass.

                He’s drunk. Again.

                Mr. Carter noticed my hesitance, “Do you want to stay with me tonight?”

                I snorted, “No. Why would I?”

                He sighed, “You know why.”

                I shook my head. As much as I wanted to, dad’s rage would be twice as bad. “That’s okay. Thanks.”

                I closed his door as quietly as I could, but it was quiet enough.

                Dad jerked opened the door, “Deserae Jane White!” His voice boomed out.

                Shit.

                Quickly, I wrapped around the car and forced Mr. Carter to roll down his window.

                “You need to drive away. Right now.” I hissed in whispers.

                I saw his hand on the door, “I can’t leave you here to fend for yourself.”

                I looked back at my dad, who had a glare set on his face with his arms crossed.

                I cussed, “Look, he’s not pissed enough. Yet. If I keep him waiting, he’ll go on a rampage. Please, just go.”

                He groaned, which surprised me, “Alright. I’ll leave, but you have to tell me what happens tomorrow. No matter what.”

                I nodded quickly, “I promise I’ll tell you everything. I’ll even let you check for injuries, just go!”

                He sighed and reluctantly put both hands back on the steering wheel, “I’m holding you to that promise.”

                I backed away from his car and he pulled away.

                I let out a sigh of relief. That was taken care of, now for my dad-

                Something hit the back of my head and I staggered a few steps before I turned to the seething man.

                “Who was that?” He slurred, a remote in his hand. Must have been what he hit me with.

                “He’s a friend.” I stated.

                Another blow. This time to my temple.

                Great. Another freaking headache.

                “You’re whoring around for more money, aren’t you? Who was that? One of your regular clients? He was way too fucking old for you. Maybe I should report his ass for fucking a minor.”

                “Leave him out of this! He has nothing to do with this!”

                If the school thought he was messing around with me, he could lose his job and go to jail.

                Dad’s eyes narrowed and I knew I had made another mistake. Back talking was a huge mistake. “He’s not just a client, is he?”

                I gulped. Really big mistake.

                The remote connected with my jaw, causing my lip to bleed, I felt his knee smash in to my chest. Luckily, he didn’t break anything.

                Yet.

                “Come here.” He barked, grabbing my hair and dragging me in to the house.

                I tried to keep up with him so he wouldn’t rip out any more hair than necessary.

                As soon as he slammed the door, I was shoved to the ground with a forceful kick and hit my head against the coffee table.

                I whimpered as he kicked me again.

                “You lied to me for a guy!” He boomed, throwing a lamp at the wall, “An older guy no less!”

                I managed to turn my head to him. His face was a tint of red and his dark eyes screamed murder.

                He caught my throat, lifting me up, “I’ll report his ass if I find out you’re still seeing him.”

                Despite losing air, I gripped his wrist weakly, “He’s not… in this.” I repeated.

                His face darkened different shades of red as I was tossed against the shattered lamp. Only two or three shards cut in to my leg thanks to Mr. Carter’s boxers.

                It’s like he read my mind, “And where the hell did you get those shorts? You don’t have any shorts!”

                Of course. The first time he notices something is when I need him not to notice. Typical luck.

                “I have shorts.” I mumbled.

                Another smack to the face, “I didn’t buy you any shorts!”

                “You didn’t buy any of my clothes!” I shouted back.

                Mm. Not smart. At all.

                His fists clenched and unclenched over and over again as he snarled. In a swift movement, he grabbed the candle from the table and threw it at me. I managed to dodge it, but I couldn’t miss his fist.

                Repeatedly, he smashed his fist in my stomach. After the tenth or eleventh time, I was shoved back to the ground with yet another kick.

                “Piece of trash.” He hissed, “I will find out who that guy is and when I do, I promise you, he won’t live to see another day.”

Oh hell. Daddy's pissed. Vote and Commentttt :DD

Oh and I'm writing a new story called Royal Pain(: Hopefully I'll get the first chapter up on here tonight, but who knows. Check it out and tell me what you think!!! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 402 36
I made my way to the kitchen as usual and opened the fridge and grabbed a drink. My mom was usually in here,preparing a snack for my brother and I bu...
54.1K 1.3K 41
- ! Book contains explicit content ! - _ From the life of silver chains to the world of golden spoons. Here's a story about the life of Athena Noir...
2.8M 69.4K 100
18+| COMPLETE✔️ "Ali..." He sighed, his breath tickling the skin of Alison's neck. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, admiring her beauty, ho...
3M 72.4K 70
!Unedited! "Your skirt is awfully short to be appropriate for school." I look down at my legs, hands smoothing out a wrinkle in my skirt. "I don't re...