The Stepbrother // Luke Hemmi...

Por aestheticannie

When sixteen-year-old, Anastasia 'Annie' Evans, finds out that her mother's newly-engagement comes with havin... Mais

The Stepbrother // Luke Hemmings
Stepbrother
What's the Wifi Password?
Proposition
It's Called Customer Service
It Feels Better Than It Looks
Just a Stupid Cd
"what's so bad about penguins?"
"it's 3am, luke!"
Are You a Vampire
It Was His Idea
Let's Go for a Ride
You Named Your Drum, Tom
"i'll be your dr. fluke"
Pillows Are Falling from the Sky
Netflix and Chill
Slow Down, Annie
You Dyed Your Hair
"kid in love"
I Hope You like Cold Showers
He's Your Stepbrother, Annie
Mistake
"who is she?"
"willing to consider it"
A Mixtape
"it might show"
"birthday wishes"
"birthday wishes"
"raincheck"
Luke Skywalker
"swimming in jeans"
"you're talking to me now"
"it's exactly like that"
"do i know you?"
#1 OMG
"how it feels"
"are you in a band?"
It's Kind of Our Thing
"your band sucks"
"your brother is hot"
"the weirdo from the hospital"
You're Calum
She's Going to tell Everyone
Vicinity of Aussies
"old fashioned sleepover"
"it's not stupid"
I Forgot
It's Nice
The Easiest Part
Bottle It Up
Can We Talk?
I'm Sorry

The Powerpuff Blokes

292K 7.6K 15.3K
Por aestheticannie

Alright, just a heads up, this chapter is crappy and all over the place. But, what's new?

37  

The Powerpuff Blokes

Later, after about twenty minutes of sitting in the kitchen watching Luke eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and relentlessly trying to convince me how much better DC superheroes are compared to Marvel superheroes, we finally make our way into the living room.

He's still talking, and I can't lie -- I'm having a hard time following him. While his ramblings were adorable, superheroes, villains, and really, just the whole idea of Marvel, in general, was something that I never really understood.

I grab the remote off the arm of the couch, and snuggle back underneath my covers, before saying, "Luke, you've lost me."

Blue eyes look over at me and he walks over to the sectional, absentmindedly taking a seat. "Okay, okay, I'll shut up. But, just tell me this. If you had to choose, anyone at all, who would be your favorite superhero?"

"Luke, seriously?"

"Yes," he says and then he repeats himself, "Who's your favorite superhero? And don't just choose anyone, think about it. Please know, your response may affect any previous thoughts I have about you."

I laugh, "The pressures on, huh?"

He doesn't answer, instead, he raises his eyebrows and slightly leans forward towards me. I close my eyes and think. I hardly know any superheroes, save for Thor and Spider-Man. I go with the latter. "I don't know -- Spiderman?"

"Spider-Man?" He repeats, doubtful. Before I even finish my nod, Luke is groaning, "Ew, why? He's practically the worst there is."

Turning my attention to the TV, I scroll through our On-Demand list, "Guess, I just like the thought of the underdog overcoming. Plus," I add with a shrug, "-- that Maguire guy was pretty cute."

"Who are you?" Luke scrunches his face up and then he shakes his head, "Spider-Man is a joke, I mean, who the hell is gonna believe that a radioactive spider bite is gonna turn puny Peter Parker into this, this--," he stops, laughing, "Fck, I don't even how to describe him! He's so lame."

"That's mean," I comment. Then, I nod my head towards the TV, "Hey, do you wanna watch this? I think it's that new movie about the emotions that live inside peoples heads? Disney, I think?"

His smile falters a bit and he lazily turns to glance over his shoulder at the screen. "Not really, I actually had something else in mind."

Glad that I managed to distract him, I let out a relieved sigh and glance over at him, "Perfect. What is it?"

A slow smirk lifts his lips and he tips his head at me, "You."

"Come on, Luke. Be serious."

"I am being serious," he argues back. Suddenly, he sits up, confusion etched across his face. "Why the hell are you all the way over there, anyway?"

Upset that he managed to change the topic once again, I continue scrolling through our movie options, grumbling an annoyed, "What?"

"We literally have the entire living room to ourselves and you're seriously gonna make me sit over here all alone?"

Looking at him, I nod, "Precisely." And then I realize how much of an opportunity that would be wasting, so I shrug, "Okay, well at least until you pick a movie."

"I picked my movie," he laughs. Luke stands up and walks over to me, "Unfortunately, the beginning of it is seeming a bit G rated."

Glancing up, I frown, "I really do want to watch a movie, Luke."

"And we will, once you're on that couch with me."

"Do you usually cuddle with Andrew?" I ask.

With a smile, he nears me, "Definitely not. But for you, my Annie, I'll make an exception."

Even though for the most part, my cramps have settled down, I don't want to do anything that might trigger them. Especially cuddling with someone like Luke, who can easily make me get more butterflies than I can handle from just touching me.

Those kinds of feels plus cramps, don't mix. Like, at all.

Leaning down, his hand wraps around my wrist and he gently tugs, "Come on, Annie. Lay with me?"

"No," I say.

He settles down on his knees, nudges his head against my hip and rests it in my lap. His blue eyes are so clear and pretty, and I want to reach out and run my fingers through the soft-looking wisps of hair that rests on his forehead, but instead, I look at the TV again. He groans. "I am completely comfortable with begging if that's what you want me to do."

I laugh quietly, "Um, I don't want you to beg at all. I just want you to pick a movie."

"Alright, give me the remote."

As soon as I hand it to him, I immediately regret it. With a smirk, Luke jumps up, backs up towards the couch and throws himself down; his long arms spread over the back. "Looks like you're just gonna have to come and get it, huh Annie?"

"Luke, why are you such a child?"

He reaches out to me, and with slight irritation that he's making such a big deal out of this, I grab my blanket and stand up, moving over to the couch and willingly into his arms; allowing him to pull me down into an embrace. He smells of Tide-clean laundry, my bodywash, and Luke—the most calming and intoxicating scent I've ever endured.

"Now, that wasn't so hard was it?" Luke whispers, his nose in my hair. Shifting, he gently pulls me back against him so that my body is resting in between his long legs, and he pillows my head on chest, "Wanna know what I just realized?"

"That you're an annoying pest?" Even as I say it, I don't really mean it.

He laughs, "Nope. I noticed that we're gonna be going to the same school next year."

"Wow," I murmur sarcastically, "That sounds just ... pleasant."

"It will be," His shirt is warm and soft against my cheek, and when I curl my toes at the bottom of my blanket they brush against his calf. "We can be locker buddies, and and we can ride to school together, and oh -- you can meet my friend."

I laugh, "The fact that friend is singular is hilarious."

Arms tighten purposely around me, and his cheek nudges my temple, "Hey, he's cool."

"I'm sure." With a laugh, I go to take the remote from him. Only, he draws his hand back. "Ugh, what now, Luke?"

"Tell me the magic word?"

"Please?"

Holding my hand out, I wait for him to hand it over but he laughs, shaking his head, "That's not it."

"What do you mean, that's not the magic word? That's everyone's magic word."

"Not mine."

I roll my eyes, "Stop being annoying."

"I'm not."

"You are." Honestly, with all of his playing around, he's making me regret even wanting to watch movies with him, and I grumble. Careful of my arm, I twist completely around so that I'm sitting up in front of him, and I scowl, "I am one second away from going upstairs."

Unfazed, he grins wide, dimples and all, before sarcastically whispering, "One."

"I can not stand you."

"Oh, please," he laughs, "You love me."

"You wish."

With a long look at me, he says, "Sometimes." Taking hold of one my curls, Luke pulls it down so it stretches into one long, straight strand and then he lets it go; watching in amusement as it spirals back up, bouncing back into place.

It makes me smile shyly, and I gently press my palm into his face, pushing him back away from me. Reaching forward, I grab his wrist, "Let go of the remote or I will bite you."

Blue eyes blink, testing me, "Do it."

Fed up with him challenging me, I yank his arm over to me and bite down on his skin. He snatches his hand back, "Annie, fck, did you really just --,"

Laughing, I nod, "Yes, as disgusting as that is, I did."

Luke wipes his arm, staring down at the temporary teeth marks and he playfully mutters, "You're an animal, get off of me."

"Rawr," I growl, jokingly. With a smile, I reach down and lift his hand to my mouth, pressing a kiss to the smooth skin of his wrist. I look up at him and mockingly whisper, "Better?"

Luke's lip curve into another one of his playful, boyish grins and he tilts his head to the side, "Hm, not quite."

I kiss it again.

"Patching up wounds are we?"

"In a sense."

"Well, while you're at it, there was this time when I was in year eight when I fell and broke my collarbone," he whispers, slightly tilting his head to the side, motioning for me to kiss it. I lean forward, brushing my lips over his smooth skin, before gently pressing down.

"Then, there was this time when I broke my nose."

"Really?" I laugh quietly, kissing the tip of it. Then, again. But, for me this time. I absolutely adore Luke's nose.

"No," he admits with a smile, "But just yesterday, I really did get in a fight with this guy at the grocery store -- I'm pretty sure you remember right?" His eyes twinkle, a bright blue that makes me inwardly swoon, and he says, "Asshole gave me a black eye."

I can't help but smile, and almost instantly my mouth is moving towards him again, pressing a kiss gently on top of his bruised eye and another on his eyebrow.

" -- I think he even got a few good hits to my ribs."

Luke clasps my hand, and with his eyes on me, he guides my fingers to the very end of his t-shirt, "You're probably gonna have to take it off. You know, better access and all?"

I laugh, quietly, "Better access?"

He nods amusingly, but he doesn't speak, blue intent eyes on mine; challenging me.

Okay, Hemmings. I move my only hand to the hem of his shirt, gently sliding it up and eventually off, and watch as surprise literally floods his face. It's almost as if he didn't think I'd really do it. He stares at me for a long moment, smiles shyly and then brings my hand up his to smooth, warm torso; pressing my palm flat against his left rib cage, "It was right about ... here."

I seen Luke without a shirt plenty of times; in the pool, his room, right out of the shower. But in the living room, with no one here but us, the dim afternoon light peeking through the small cracks of the blinds, and me seeing him again, everything feels different. New, even.

His eyes are impossibly both light and cool blue and also scorching with unguarded want; I swallow my anxiousness. I'm completely aware of the fact that my mother is right upstairs, but yet -- I don't think twice about leaning over and letting my lips skim over his skin. I can hear his deep inhale, and I press my lips down against his stomach, my words shaping the words as I ask, "Did it hurt?"

"I can't remember," he sighs.

"Try."

"I can't," A breathy laugh escapes his lips. "Fck, I can't even remember my name when you're doing this, Anastasia."

When he says this, I sit up, with a smile. "It's Luke."

He grins, his large hands gently cupping the undersides of my jaw, and he pulls me down to him; settling me comfortably into the V of his legs, before whispering against my lips, "I'm quite certain he split my lip, too."

And just like that, we're kissing. It starts off slow, and sweet. Calm, nice. But, then I part my lips for air, and his tongue is in my mouth. I let out a quiet sigh, and then his hand is in my hair, the other down gripping my waist. Fingers tug out the hair tie, ruining his nearly perfect ponytail and he seeps his fingers in my curls, carefully cupping the back of my head.

"I miss you," he confesses in between kisses, "So much."

I nod, in agreement, "Me too." Every part of me wants to lose myself in him, but we're playing a risky game. Our parents are upstairs, for Pete's sake! I force myself backward. "We're supposed to be watching a movie."

He leans back, his mouth parted in a small 'o', "God," Luke breathes, "You're right, no more. We're done, I'm sorry."

I nod, "I'm sorry." I lean back, listening to the sound of us panting. Luke's staring at me, his eyes dark and I know I need to look away, no more. But then, he gently captures his ring between his teeth, and I can't take it anymore. "Okay, just one more."

"One more." He grips my thighs, bringing me closer and kisses me again. I reach up, with the only hand I have, and snake it around his shoulders, weaving my fingers into the hair at the nape of his neck.

"Is it just me," he whispers, panting softly, "Or does the entire world stop whenever we kiss?"

I don't have time to respond as Luke is flipping us over and crawling on top of me. Soft lips drag themselves down my neck, his face nuzzling the skin there, but before his lips get a chance to kiss me again, strangely, the doorbell rings.

I jump, startled and instantly make a move to sit up, but Luke presses me back down whispering, "Ignore it."

"Are you crazy?" I laugh.

"For you, yes."

I smile, "Luke, move. We can't."

"Ssh, whoever it is will go away."

The doorbell rings again, and then quickly back-to-back another two times. I send Luke a pointed stare, "If we don't get either Andrew or my mom will."

Luke rolls his eyes, leaning down again, whispering, "I am going to kill," he kisses me, "whoever," kiss, "that," kiss, "is."

"Which is exactly why, I'll be answering the door." Smiling, I press his shirt into his chest, mumbling for him to put it on and then I slip from underneath him; padding down the hallway towards the door.

The door bell rings again, and I roll my eyes at their impatience before pulling it open. Weirdly, Ashton Michael, Taylor, and Chelsea are all standing on the porch, every single one of them huddled underneath one large umbrella.

It's Michael who talks first, "Are you interested in building a closer relationship with the Lord?" He's wearing a large, cream colored sweater that literally covers his entire hands and he points a finger at me, "Cause', me and all my friends here have all been saved and for only a thousand bucks a month and three hours of your time, you too could be on the path t--," he stops, laughing, "Kidding. Can we come in, Annie?"

I hesitate, thinking of last time and how much of a disaster it was, but before I can say no, they're all pushing past me and shuffling inside.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask, closing the door and turning to them. I realize that I sound a bit rude, so I clear my throat and point out the window before softly saying, "It's raining really hard outside."

Beside me, Ashton closes his umbrella and digs a wet hand into his pocket, producing a damp, crumpled paper before thrusting it at me, "You gotta check this out."

Just like Luke, his bruises look worse than they were yesterday. But even with a swollen lip and huge blotchy red bruise on his cheek, he smiles as if nothing is wrong.

"What is it?" I ask, holding it against my stomach, attempting to unfold it between my fingers. Ugh, I'll be so glad when I can take this freaking sling off.

"Wait -- don't read it now. It's band names that we all came up with."

I smile halfheartedly, "You came all the way here in the rain to drop this off? Why didn't you just call?"

Before he can talk, Taylor looks up at me from where she's tugging off her rain boots by the door, "We came to hang out, actually. I'm babysitting Chelsea, her mom let us take the minivan, and Ashton didn't have any food at his house."

Yeah, because I suddenly became the chairperson of Feed The Children. My eyes move over to the blonde haired young girl, who's holding a very familiar looking can of grape soda and when she catches me looking, she smiles, "Relax Abby, it's empty."

"Good to know," I say, choosing to ignore her obvious slip-up. I nod slowly, "Um, alright. Well, you guys can come in the living room, we were just about to watch a movie."

"Who is 'we'?" Michael asks.

"Just Luke and I."

"Hm, he wouldn't happen to be the very infamous Luke who Ashton got in a fight with, now would he?" Michael tilts his head to the side.

I blink, "Why?"

"Just wondering."

"Well stop wondering," I say, meaning it. "I'm totally cool with you guys hanging out here, but this is his house too, so like no drama, alright?"

Michael mocks me, and then he rolls his eyes and starts walking down the hall; we all follow him. I fall back in step with Ashton, "Just a heads up, I still don't think he particularly likes you at the moment."

Hazel eyes look over at me and he shrugs with a smile, "I don't hold grudges, I came to apologize." Then he calls to Chelsea and with his arm around her shoulder, they start talking about anime; a conversation in which I have no intentions on joining.

When we all get in the living room, Luke says, "Who was at the d--," then he stops, as his eyes assess our extra company. Eyebrows furrow in confusion, and he huffs, "What the hell are they doing here?"

"'They' have names," Michael announces, then he plops down on the couch, leans his head back and closes his eyes. And even though I specifically said, no drama, he says, "You wouldn't happen to be the infamous Luke, now would you?"

I watch as Luke turns his eyes over to him, staring before he shakes his head to himself and stands up. A hand goes to the back of his head, running his fingers through his hair, and he looks at Ashton, "Look, man, if you came here to fight agai--"

"Dude, would you chill?" Ashton laughs, holding his hands up, "I don't wanna fight you, alright? It's over, I'm sorry, and that's the end of it."

Blue eyes gaze impassively at him and then Luke turns to look at me, "When are they leaving?"

I shrug, and Taylor cuts in for me, "We just got here, we would like to stay for longer than ten minutes if that's all right with you." Then she rolls her eyes, and looks at Michael with an incredulous frown, and takes a seat on the couch beside him.

Chelsea follows, dropping down on the floor, and Ashton looks at Luke, "Hope you don't mind," He tips his head at his friends who are now contemplating on what to watch, "You know, us intruding on your movie?"

"It's totally fine," I say.

"No the hell it's not," Luke scoffs.

Ashton sighs and then he unzips his sweatshirt, "You don't like me, I get it. But really, I'm here for Annie, so as soon as I've talked to her, we'll leave."

Groaning, I turn to the blonde haired boy standing next to me, "The more the merrier right?"

He doesn't answer me, and I almost expect him to leave, but then he sits down on the single couch; staring at everyone, no doubt judging them. With a sigh, I smile and look at Ashton, "Alright, band names? Can I look now?"

He grins, and sweeps hair away from his forehead, "Yeah, go ahead."

I sit down on the arm of the couch, next to Luke and then I unfold the crinkled paper. There are at least five names listed, all messily scribbled, and I read them over. Trying not to laugh, I glance up, "Swallow The Goldfish?"

Ashton proudly smiles, "I came up with that one."

From the floor, Chelsea calls out, "It sucks," and even though she's incredibly blunt, I have to agree with her. Looking at him, I shrug, "It kind of does."

His eyebrows furrow like he doesn't understand, and then he starts to clarify the whole meaning of the band name, while everyone listens. All he's doing is stumbling over his words and repeatedly saying, "Do you get it?", and when no one answers he gives up, "Fine, whatever." Ashton sinks down on the sectional, dropping his elbows on his knees, "Well, what about the other ones?"

I glance down again. There's one that says, Bromance, and another that I hope isn't what it looks like, "The Powerpuff Blokes?"

It's quiet for a long minute, no one saying anything, and then all at once everyone laughs, including Luke, although he lifts his hand to his mouth trying to stifle it. I smile, glancing over at him, and he shakes his head with a roll of his eyes, mumbling into his palm, "These guys are fucking idiots."

Subtly, I nudge his shoulder.

"Alright, yeah that one is bad," Ashton admits, "But, in my defense, this is what I came up with in just one day."

I nod and look down, "What's this one? Stuck In Reverse?"

He nods.

That's nice."

"No it's not," Michael mumbles. Turning to look at me, he tosses the remote aside, given up on the idea of finding a movie and then he states, "Stop lying to him."

Rolling my eyes, "Since you have so much to say, why don't you think of a name?"

"I have, and it's a damn good one," he says. "But, I'll only say it when Ashton admits that he needs my help."

---

AN

Thanks for reading, please comment and VOTE :-)

J

edt 2019

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

319 4 14
Analise James was your normal nineteen year old fangirl, until she discovered something that changed her life forever... Rekindled friendships, awkw...
340 5 22
(COMPLETE STORY) (PG-13) Luke Robert Hemmings Fanfiction did you ever dreamed about waking up with your bestfriend, doing fun things or walking down...
690K 17.4K 33
Scarlet and Luke have been best friends since the first day of kindergarten, since then they were inseparable. But what happens when Luke leaves with...
7.6K 292 40
17 year old Emma isn't just your ordinary girl. she likes doing what the boys do. Well, because of it, she gets bullied. She likes to write songs but...