A Soul Eater Fanfiction : Swi...

By FvkUps

This is about the cast of Soul Eater's Maka experiencing an alternate universe. What happens when the opposit... More

The Beginning
How the Game Begins
The Cat and Mouse Game
Entering the Game
Meeting the Players
Playing Around
Breaking Point
Twin-World
Medusa's Game
Strawberries
Short Meeting*
Twist
Surprise
***CONTEST***
Help
Resolve & Un-Expected
Switch: Hanging On
Switch: After Thoughts
Switch: Second Chance?
Switch: Memories
Switch: Already Gone
Switch: Clarity
Switch: Your Entertainment
Switch: Insanity
Switch: Everything Has Changed...
Switch: Friends
Switch: Spin
Switch: Let Down
Switch: Confusion
Switch: Almost Easy
Things Are Different Now

Switch: Thinking

2K 55 28
By FvkUps

****Spin-Off News: @shashadeadman gets to decide the first shipping & she has picked CronaXMaka!***

((Arachne is a nurse, and is a "good" half-witch. (Witch & Human) Yes, she is still Medusa's older sister. And if you haven't figured it out already, Dr. M, is Medusa. (Also Half-Witch and "good")))

-Twin-World-

-ARACHNE'S p.o.v-

"Sister," I say quietly, watching her stare down at the now pronounced dead girl as I walk into the ICU. Medusa hates seeing people die.

"Marie, please give me the phone," she says as she slowly trudges to Marie.

"Y-yes," Marie says handing it to her, "I think, whoever was on the phone heard and hung-up earlier. I was going to hang it up sooner, but."

Medusa nods and closes it, "it was my son. A friend of the girl, I think." Marie nods and turns to Dr. Freeman, "I should have been here instead of you."

Dr. Freeman nods, before sarcastically speaking, "yes, Medusa, I'm sure if you'd have been here, the girl would still be alive. You're more familiar with the altered blood types, aren't you?"

"She would've had better chance with me! I could've possibly done something! But no, instead I listened to you, stupid wolf. And I went and had a delightful chat with my son, who turned out to know this girl," Medusa yells back angrily.

"Your potions and spells don't mean anything in science," Dr. Freeman spits back.

"Well regardless, she's no longer with us," I snap back angrily, "so both of you, stop your pathetic bitching." They both look at me shocked. I can feel her soul. Her heart stopped but her soul is still here, maybe we still have a chance. "Dr. Free, Nurse Marie, and everyone else, besides Dr. Gorgon, please go tend to the other patients. We will take care of this one."

"Fine," Dr. Freeman says walking out of the room obviously pissed off, "she's dead anyway."

"Stop saying that jackass," Medusa yells watching him walk away.

"Both of you, act professional," I spit through gritted teeth.

The other nurses leave and Marie looks at me apologetically, "I'm sorry about Dr. Freeman. And also for mine and his failed attempt to save her life. I'm sure you and Dr. Gorgon could've saved her. I'm sorry for his and my naiveness on the situation."

"No need to apologize, what's done is done. However you shouldn't gamble with other's lives," I say smiling. She nods grimly before walking out the doors.

"We can still save her, can't we," Medusa questions quietly as she waits for the door to swing shut. "I can feel her here still, but she's not breathing anymore, so does that mean we can save her?"

I nod, "we can't, but Lord Death, or any full shinigami can." She looks at me relieved, "but Medusa, understand that her soul may still be here, for the time being but it's disappearing quickly. Her soul needs to be re-attached to her body as soon as possible. Even then, it's not certain she will wake up or recover. "

Medusa nods, "I'm aware, but if there's any chance she can survive, we have to take it."

I nod, "okay, I'll call Lord Death and request he come immediately. I hope you understand he is a busy, busy, man, and he may not be able to. What about his son?"

Medusa shakes her head, "he may be able to, he is a full shinigami, but it'd be our best bet to have her see Lord Death."

I nod in understanding, "just who is this girl anyway?" Normally Medusa hates seeing humans die, but she wouldn't go this far to save one either. She's willing to possibly face Lord Death's wrath for this girl. Why is she so special? I mean I feel a certain spark of interest to her, but why does she catch my interest?

I must know. I peer down at the girl who lay on the hospital bed with the blood transfusion equipment still attached to her. It's finally infusing without difficulty, at least now we can work on her without the black blood stopping us. "Her name is Maka, Maka Albarn," Medusa says patting the now deceased girl's head, "we'll save you. We won't stop until you're breathing again."

~Real-World~

~Black*Star's P.O.V.~

I'm glad things with me and Tsubaki are okay again. "Black*Star, wake up, your food will get cold," Tsubaki calls from the kitchen. I sigh, I really did over re-act with Tsubaki's news. I don't really know why I did, but if Tsubaki wants to move with that guy. I'm okay with it, as long as she's happy.

"I'm up, thanks Tsubaki," I yell back as I roll over and look up at the ceiling. I need to tell her that soon. And something is still bugging me about Maka. Why do I feel like something is wrong with her? She was acting different since she got herself away from Medusa and Eruka.

I roll over again and lay my head on a pillow. I mean, I know she's strong. But even Maka, can't take out two witches herself. Or have I been under estimating her this entire time?

I hear a knock on my door, "Black*Star?"

"It's open," I say rolling back over and staring up at the ceiling.

Tsubaki walks in carrying my plate, "here's breakfast." She walks towards my bed and looks down at me, "you're thinking about Maka too?"

"How did you-," I say looking at her raising an eyebrow.

She slightly smiles, "I can see it on your face. I know what you mean, she's different. I have a feeling like something is wrong with her." I stare at her speechless. "What kind of weapon would I be, if I didn't know my partner," Tsubaki jokes slightly laughing.

I sit up looking at her a little shocked, I guess, she does know me. I grin to myself, probably better than I know myself. "Yeah, I think Medusa or Eruka might've done something to her," I say scratching my head, "I'm not sure, but it's a feeling I have."

Tsubaki nods, "I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we should tell Lord Death, or someone about it."

I shake my head, "if Medusa did some kind of mind-control spell on Maka and someone confronted her about her acting differently; that would only make Medusa suspicious and she might kill Maka or make Maka kill that person." It's too risky to tell anyone else right now. I'm not even sure something is wrong. I could just be over thinking, but somehow I know something is different.

Tsubaki sits on the edge of my bed, setting the plate on her lap, "that's true. I don't think we could get Medusa to talk by ourselves either. There has to be a way we can find out what's wrong."

I raise an eyebrow at her statement about Medusa. "Maybe not Medusa." I punch my palm at my brilliant plan, "but Witch Eruka would croak if we could capture her."

Tsubaki hands me the plate, "maybe, but what about Medusa and Free? Two witches, an immortal werewolf against us, those aren't very good odds even for us. Maybe we should talk to Kid, Liz and Patti. They could help. We can't tell Soul though, he might tell Maka. Either way, I don't think it's a good idea for us to go alone."

I take the plate and give her an annoyed glance, "I AM Black*Star, and you ARE my weapon." I shrug my shoulders, "we can do anything, as long as we have faith in each other and what we're trying to accomplish."

Tsubaki smiles and stands up, "I guess, you're right, but I still think we should at least tell Kid that we think something is wrong with Maka. Maybe he can mention it to Lord Death and he can help us too. Also we need to tell just Kid. Patti or Liz might let it slip to her."

"Maybe," I say looking down at the plate.

Tsubaki walks to the door, "if we don't come back, Kid could send back-up for us." She stops and looks back at me smiling, "But as long as we're together, I think we'll be fine. I was just suggesting. I'll follow you and support you no matter what though."

I nod and she walks out shutting the door. I set the plate on my nightstand next to my bed sighing. Times like these are when I want to keep Tsubaki by my side forever. She has so much faith and trust in me, but her and her boyfriend, they belong together. Obviously they're serious enough, that she's going to go live with him. I have to let her go. I want her to be where she's happiest.

I lay back down staring up at my ceiling. I can talk to Soul, but I need Maka. She always knows what to say. I hope I'm just being stupid again, and nothing is wrong with her. I sit up sighing, I guess, I'll know when I beat it out of the frog witch.

-Twin World-

-CRONA'S p.o.v-

"Hey Patti," I say quietly sniffling as the phone line finally clicks after it's done being connected.

"Crona, what's wrong,"  Patti questions concerned immediately after hearing my voice.

"It's Maka," I quietly answer, "be at the hospital lobby in five minutes, we're all going to be there."

Patti gasps, I guess finally understanding what I meant, "don't tell me she." I hear her voice starting to crack, " does Kid know, is he alright?"

"Yeah," I reply sniffling.

"Me and Liz will be there right away," she says before her voice finally completely cracks. I can hear her sobbing and crying for a few seconds before she clicks the button to hang up.

-PATTI'S p.o.v-

Maka is dead? She has to be, there's no way that Crona would be crying for anything less. I bury face in my hands, why Maka? You may have been a little reckless and crazy, but. I sob, Maka, what did you do?!

You're only human, you should've known your own limits! I clutch my phone, Maka, you idiot! How could you die and just leave us all here?! I can't breakdown like everyone else though, I wipe my eyes. We'll meet again Maka.

I look at my desk and see a picture of all of us. Kid, Liz, Me, Black*Star, Tsubaki, Maka, Crona, Raganarok, Soul and Justin, we'll be together again eventually. You're just going to have to wait for the rest of us Maka, I think with a slight smile as I start to sob harder. I lost another important person in my life.

-LIZ'S p.o.v-

"Sissy, what's wrong," I ask bursting into Patti's room. I heard her crying. Patti never cries. She hasn't cried since.. What happened?

She gives me a grim expression before speaking through her tears, "Maka passed away." My hand instantly travels to cover my mouth and the tears follow a few seconds later. She stands up, wiping her eyes, "come on, we have to go meet everyone else at the hospital." Maka, I thought Soul found you, and you were going to be okay. Justin, Soul, you guys suck, I mentally scream as I keep my mouth covered choking back sobs.

**

-RAGANAROK'S p.o.v-

I drive down the street, going slower than the speed limit. There's no need to hurry.... I mean why, we already know what's waiting for us....

Everything seems so fuzzy, like it's not real.... I'd rather it not be real....but I don't think I'm dreaming.... "Crona, I'll tell Black*Star and Tsubaki, just give me your phone, mines at my house," Soul says reaching from the back seat to the passenger seat. Crona hands him the phone and buries his face in his hands. Maka, why did you have to die?... The saying, you don't know what you've got until it's gone, is so true...

-SOUL'S p.o.v-

It's quiet... Nobody is saying anything besides Crona as he tells Patti what's going on. The music is off, and just driving down the streets of Death City, it's like everything is blurred and in slow motion...... It's like this isn't real....or I'm hoping so much that it's not.. ....I'm pretty sure everyone would rather that, it not be real.....

....But the harsh reality is....Maka died....

Crona finishes telling Patti and wipes his eyes on his sleeves. He's going to have a break-down too. I glance over at Kid, he's been staring out the window since he got in the car. Guilt is literally eating him alive....

"Crona, I'll tell Black*Star and Tsubaki, just give me your phone, mine's at my house," I say reaching for it. I don't think Crona can keep it together long enough to tell either one of them.... He hands it to me, and buries his face in his hands. Poor Crona.

Justin sits quietly not saying anything, he's hurting too. I know he is.... I shake my head, Tsubaki.... I dial Tsubaki's number, and the phone starts ringing. "Hello," I hear a familiar voice answer casually.

"Tsubaki...," I say monotone, "come to the hospital in five minutes."

"Why," Tsubaki asks sounding suddenly interested.

"It's Maka," I say quietly, if she says it.... I swear to god, if she says it... She better not say it...

I hear a slight laugh, "bitch, finally got her ass kicked bad enough, so she had to be sent to the hospital?"

I grit my teeth and clutch the phone angrily," No, you fucking slut!..... Maka is dead...."

Tsubaki's end of the line goes silent for a minute before I hear her voice again,"you're lying...." I stay silent. I hear a chocking sob, before she starts to speak through tears, "she can't be dead...."

I blink and stare out the window, Maka and Tsubaki's relationship is complicated.....They were close enough to be sisters. Tsubaki knew Maka, before I did.... Recently they'd gotten into a fight, and started hating each other. I wonder how Tsubaki feels, knowing Maka died mad at her?..

-TSUBAKI'S p.o.v-

I wipe my eyes, trying to speak through tears, "m-me and Black*Star are on our way..." I hang up the phone before throwing it against a wall screaming.

"DAMN IT," I scream as I roll over on my bed and start thrashing around, "MAKA, YOU BIT CH!" I sit up and begin to throw my pillows around my room, "FUCK YOU", I scream through tears.

I pick up my last pillow and I'm about to throw it when I glance over to my dresser and see a picture of us together when we were younger. She's smiling and I'm laughing. That was back in elementary school... I squeeze the pillow, "how could you?....." I bury my face into my pillow sobbing, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry," I keep sobbing, "dumb bitch, fucking reckless hoe! Stupid whore!" I scream in frustration, as I close my eyes and squeeze the pillow tighter. Maka, you idiot, why would you do something so reckless?!?! What the fuck did you even do?!?

"T-Tsubaki," I hear a voice say timidly as I feel an arm being placed on my back. I already know who it is.... I look up and I see Black*Star, I throw my arms around him sobbing. He sits down on my bed, and hugs me back patting my head, "what happened?"

I lean my head on his chest, trying to stop crying, "M-Maka, s-she d-died."

Black*Star's hold tightens around me, "I'm so sorry, Tsubaki." I look at his face and see he's holding back tears. I sob harder, not only does that bitch die before I can tell her I'm sorry, my crush likes her instead of me and my meister probably has feelings for her..... I fist Black*Star's shirt, this isn't fucking fair! Maka, we promised we'd be friends forever....

No, screw that, we promised we'd be sisters forever and that we'd protect each other! I fist Black*Star's shirt tighter, fucking liar! You left me! We're family, even if we're not blood! I sob, everyone on our team is family..... How is everyone else doing?.... I try to collect myself, I'm out of character. I pull away from Black*Star, "we have to go to the hospital, everyone's waiting for us."

Black*Star wipes my face clean with his thumb, "Tsubaki, it's okay to cry in front of people." He hugs me tightly, "or at least you can cry in front of me."

I wrap my arms around Black*Star and fist the back of his shirt again. You're so sweet and nice, why wouldn't you like Maka? I bite back more tears, that perfect little bitch....

Why the hell did you have to die? I lean my head on Black*Star's shoulder. Best friends forever.... Better be waiting for me in hell, you dumb whore. I slightly manage a smile at the thought of Maka smiling, waving and waiting for me to come. Dumb whore, I think as I let the tears fall freely, my stupid little sister......

-BLACK*STAR'S p.o.v-

From my understanding, Maka and Tsubaki were like sisters.... They've been friends since they were toddlers. They had always been best friends until recently...... Tsubaki started a fight with Maka...... I don't even know about what....

They both are too damn stubborn to admit they're wrong, so they'd been fighting and had not been on speaking terms for about two weeks now.... I pat Tsubaki's head, but I bet Tsubaki wishes, she'd said sorry....

-LORD DEATH'S p.o.v-

"Maka, she died," I ask questioningly as Nurse Arachne explains why she is requesting my presence at the hospital immediately.

"Yes, my Lord," she says sighing, "Maka Albarn, she is now pronounced dead, however her soul is still here. If you are willing to reattach it, she may live."

"I see," I say contemplating. I could save her, or not. I would be disturbing the balance of the world by saving her life, but I'd also be eventually acquiring two death scythes if I do revive her..... I believe she is the one partnered with the Demon Scythe Soul Eater Evans..... Hm, if it is she's a weapon as well...

"Lord Death, this is Dr. Medusa Gorgon," I hear another voice say respectfully, "Maka Albarn, has black blood, and she seems to be different from any other type of human... I can't explain it, but Lord Death, if you're even willing to contemplate on saving her, that'd be greatly appreciated."

"I'll see what I can do," I say casually before hanging up the phone. Black blood?..... Interesting....since I was made aware of Maka's presence earlier, I have felt a certain strange feeling or presence. She's the girl who has amnesia too, isn't she?....

I tap my chin, however I'm not sure if the strange presence and Maka's is the same one...... I sigh standing up, well I guess I'm going to be visiting the Death City hospital. Let's see if you're worth saving, Maka Albarn...

~Real World~

~Medusa's P.O.V~

I hear a cracking noise.... interesting.... Sounds like....but it can't be, I haven't touched it... I open the paneling and look inside. There's a very noticeable crack and the ocean blue hue on the sphere is fading...

I pick up the sphere, ....interesting.... What's happening?....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote/Comment/Fan?

Follow: @Anime_Fans_R_Us

Switch ya later. Ja ne~ Princess Goth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 157 37
This is a story about a young teenage girl studying at DWMA at Death City. Alyssa is a meister and she is accompanied by her trusty weapon, Maddie. S...
5.1K 244 16
This is the sequel to "Kid's Beach House (Kid x Soul)" . Several years ago, just before Kid, Black Star, Maka, Crona, and the weapons were supposed...
4.5K 40 19
When a new threat looms over the DWMA Maka and the others are called in to help put a stop to it, however, there is a new face that appears in the mi...
19.8K 555 19
Ever since Death The Kid's disappearance and sudden return, Soul has been having bad feeling towards him. His friends say he's jealous that his meist...