Learning to Love My Other Hal...

By Tristan-Walker

Not everything is as it seems. Meet Sam. He's your average, everyday jock. He likes to make crude jokes and b... More

1 - A Friend In Need
2 - A Moonlit Run
3 - A Meeting Unforeseen
4 - Rogues
5 - Morning Fun
6 - Table For Two
7 - An Evening Escapade
8 - Paternal Enlightenment
9 - The Funeral
10 - Luca
11 - An Obvious Choice
12 - "Closer, Faster" By Midnight
13 - A fearful Revelation
15 - Andréas' Confession
16 - Saving Justin
17 - Like Father Like Son
Author's Note: 17.5 - A Magical Night
18 - Just What We Needed
Author's Note
19 - Three's A Crowd
20 - A Past Best Forgotten
21 - Dinner With A Side Of Fear
22 - The Calm Before the Storm
23 - The Beginning of the End
24 - Battle for the Earth
25 - Battle for the Earth: Part 2

14 - Unexpected Visitors

1.8K 59 3
By Tristan-Walker

A/N

Hey, long time no see. Sorry about the long wait for an update, I was camping and had no wifi. Here's the next chapter! And look, I brought Katie back! See? See?! XD Just like I promised. Also, the POV's change a lot in this chapter. Sorry bout that, I just wanted to get as much information in here as possible, so bare with me.  Anywhore, enjoy the chapter!

Katie is to the right -->

                                    «»  

14 - Unexpected Visitors

JUSTIN

Sam and I rushed forward, helping Katie up and supporting her into the family room. We laid we down on the couch and Sam wrapped a blanket around her shivering form.

I sat beside her, placing a soothing hand on her arm as Sam looked on in concern.

"What happened?" I asked gently, trying to calm her down.

We shook her head and shuddered, pressing her lips tightly together. Sam knelt in front of her and brushed the hair out of her face. She looked so vulnerable ... so broken.

"Katie, we can help you," he soothed, "But you have to tell us what happened."

She shook her head again, then gave a shaky sigh.

I heard her say one word 'Rogues' and Sam's eyes widened.

"You're a wolf?" He asked, and for a moment I was confused, then I realized that Katie hadn't moved her lips.

She nodded and began speaking again through what Sam called the mind link, 'Yes, I am. My full name is Kate Lynn and I'm the daughter to the beta of the Silver Light pack. My father, Anthony, sent me to find you.'

She took a breath and continued, 'Yesterday, our pack was invaded by a huge group of rogue wolves. Our alpha was killed and we were overwhelmed. I barely escaped and when I did, I knew I had to find you, I knew you would be able to help me.'

Sam nodded, assuring her she was right and encouraging her to go on.

'So I left, but I got attacked while I was on my way and ... and I ... I ...' she trailed off and bit her lip, tears streaming from her eyes. Sam wiped her face, brushing the tears away.

'Go on,' he told her.

She drew a shuddering breath and continued out loud, her voice breaking, "I lead them right here."

Katie broke down crying again and I pulled her to me, leaning her head into my chest. I looked at Sam over her head, our eyes meeting. He didn't look worried or mad, just determined.

"I'm so sorry," she said, lifting her head and looking at Sam.

"Hey, it's ok," he assured her, "We'll get through it, together."

She looked up gratefully at him and thanked us.

                                   «»  

"Alright," Bryan said, nodding his head.

We had told him the problem and Katie recounted her story. He listened intently all the way through, a calculating look on his face.

"We need to come up with a plan," he continued, glancing at each of us.

Just then a loud snarl echoed from outside, shaking the windows. Bryan leapt up and held a finger to his lips, warning us to stay quiet. The sound came again, louder this time, and I cupped my hands over my ears, a feeling of intense pain suddenly filling my head.

I groaned and fell to my knees, shaking my head and trying to clear it.

Sam heard and dropped beside me, "Justin! What's wrong!?" He looked frantic.

"Ugh, I ... I don't know," I managed, "my head hurts."

Bryan cursed and we all looked at him.

"It's the rogues," he said, "their alpha must know one of the seven calls of power."

My head had cleared slightly and I turned to Sam. To my surprise, he looked at his dad in bewilderment.

"The what?" he asked.

Bryan looked grim, "The seven calls of power," he repeated, "They each have a different effect on their target. For example, I think the one that was being used on Justin was the call of pain. There's also light, darkness, protection, destruction, healing, and death."

I saw Sam's eyes widen and then gasped as another wave of pain rocked my body.

"Okay, here's what we're going to do," Bryan said, "I'm going to use the call of protection on Justin. Then I want you two to shift and come with me while we gather everyone who can fight. Justin, I need you to go and warn any Phoenix pack member that isn't  old enough to fight to stay safe and hidden, tell the older kids to look after the younger ones."

I nodded and he shifted, padding up to me. A deep growl bubbled up from his throat but it sounded different from the snarling coming from outside. It seemed, softer somehow. Instantly, I felt the pain leave me and I sat up.

"Stay safe," Sam whispered, hugging me.

I hugged him back, "You too."

We broke apart and I watched as he and Katie shifted.

They left and I looked after them in determination. Let's do this, I thought and left the room to sound the alarm.

                                  «»  

SAM

My dad, Katie and I ran through the house, calling the older wolves on the mind link. By the time we had reached the front door, our numbers had risen to about fifty. My mom joined us at the front as my dad turned around and explained the problem.

There was no plan of attack this time. We were just going to run out into the pack of rogues, trying to draw them away from the house.

All of a sudden it was time, and we busted through the door, scattering the rogues as we took them by surprise.

The ground was instantly covered in blood, mixing with the mud. Lightning flashed and I caught a glimpse of the rogue wolves all around us.

There were hundreds, maybe thousands. To say that we had underestimated their numbers would be the understatement of the century.

I shook my head and kept running, the rest of our pack following. We broke away from the circle and turned east, my dad telling everyone to head for the school.

When I saw the big stone building looming up out of the darkness, I sped up, urging everyone else to do so as well. We slammed through the door and skidded to a stop. My dad and I shifted and barricaded it, others following our example and doing so for the rest of the doors in the school. We reconvened in the gym, everyone shifting.

"Sam, try to get a hold of Justin. Tell him the situation and see how he's doing." my dad said.

I nodded and called out to Justin, 'Justin, I need you to listen to me,' I said, not sure if he could hear me or not but pressing on anyway, 'I need you to concentrate and try to talk back. Just picture yourself throwing your thoughts at me.' I instructed.

I heard a faint sound and listened harder. I heard it again and this time there was no mistaking it. It was Justin calling my name.

'That's it, a little more.' I encouraged.

This time he came through loud and clear, sounding both relieved and a little bit excited that he had managed it, 'Sam, are you ok?'

'Yeah, I'm fine, we're at the school. Are you ok?' I asked.

'Yes everything is ok here,' he said, 'I think everyone is here and accounted for-" he fell silent.

'Justin? Justin! What happened?' I asked, panicking.

His response chilled me to the bone, 'Luca...'.

'What about him?! Justin what's wrong?!' I asked.

'He's missing,' Justin replied slowly.

I turned to my dad, "I gotta go," I said, "it's Luca."

My dad nodded and let me go without hesitation.

'Justin, I'm coming.' I said and shifted, starting to run.

When I got outside, I stopped, my eyes widening. I had expected to run into a mass of rogues, but there was nothing there. The only sound was that of the storm, the heavy rain being the only thing moving.

I ran faster than I have in my life toward the pack house, trying to reach Justin. I shifted and ran to him as he came out, tears streaming down his face.

Then I heard a voice fill my head, rasping and low, 'We have the boy,' it said, 'Bring us Justin Summers and we will release Little Luca here, do not, and he will die.'

I paled and looked at Justin, who, judging by the look on his face, had heard as well.

He turned to me and I already knew what he was thinking.

"No, absolutely not!" I said before he could even open his mouth, "We'll find a way to save Luca, but you will not be giving yourself up!"

He looked at me with a pained expression on his face.

"Sam, they said they would kill him," he said, his voice breaking.

"I'm not going to let that happen Justin." I assured him, "But I am also not going to let them get you. I can save you both," I told him, determined.

I grabbed his hand, "Come on, we're going back to the school."

                                   «»  

JUSTIN

When Sam and I entered the gym, it quickly became obvious that the warning had been heard by the whole pack. They had become like family to me and I knew that they felt the same way. I looked around at their faces, seeing a huge range of emotions, from sympathetic to sad, scared to pitying, protective to determined.

When we approached the front, Bryan and Sophie looked round and saw me. They got up and ran to us, embracing me, telling me that everything was going to be okay. I hugged them back but it was half hearted.

"Right, now that Justin and Sam are here, we can discuss what we are going to do. I have already contacted Anthony Lynn of Silver Light. Their alpha was killed yesterday by this group of rogues and he was more than willing to have what is now his pack to join forces with us and fight. We-" Bryan was cut off when the door to the gym banged open.

Everyone jumped, expecting to see rogues standing in the doorway, but it was only one person, and I think they surprised Sam the most.

"Bryan, sorry I'm late, how can I help?" Mary Cole asked, striding into the room at a determined pace.

"Well Mary, this is a pleasant surprise," Bryan commented as she stopped in front of him.

He turned to the group, "Everyone, this is Mary Cole, the luna of the Blood Tears pack."

He turned to her, "How did you know about the situation?"

"The rogue that announced that they had Luca didn't limit the recipients to the Phoenix pack. I'm sure that any overage wolf within 200 miles heard it." she replied, looking at Sam, "Yes dear I'm a wolf too," she added, smiling slightly as Sam stood there speechless, staring at her.

I reached over and closed his mouth for him, making Mrs. Cole chuckle.

"How soon can you have Blood Tears mobilized and over here?" Bryan asked.

Mrs. Cole turned back to him, "Within the hour," she said confidently.

"Perfect," Bryan returned, "thanks Mary."

"Anytime," Mrs. Cole waved him off and then scurried off to gather her pack.

"As for the rest of us," Bryan called, again addressing the pack at large, "we need to get organized. We need to sort ourselves into groups. Some on food and water, some on lookout for rogues, and so on. Sophie will be walking amongst you and giving you each a job and a group, while I go back to the house to round up the children. I think it's best that they come to be here with us."

He turned to Sam and me, "Will you two come with me please?"

We nodded and followed him out, making our way back.

As we went through the pack house telling all of the underage wolves to meet in the front, I was devising a plan in my head. We had to get Luca back, there was no way I was going to let them keep him. So I was going to turn myself in. I just needed to get away from Sam.

The opportunity presented itself when we had finished searching the house for kids.

"You guys go ahead with them, I just want to make one last check to make sure we got everyone." I lied, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

Sam looked at me suspiciously for a moment, then, apparently deciding I was telling the truth, turned and left with his dad.

I felt bad about lying to them, but I knew they would never have let me go through with what I was about to do.  I could hardly believe it.

I closed my eyes and focused on the voice we had heard earlier.

'Ah Justin,' it rasped, 'I knew I'd hear from you sooner or later.'

'Who are you? Where are you? What do you do to Luca?' the questions rolled off my consciousness.

'So many questions.' it said, 'My name is Andréas, I am the leader of the pack of rogues in this area. As for Luca, he is safe ... for now' I shivered.

'What do you want with me?' I asked.

'Why spoil the surprise?' Andréas said, clearly enjoying himself.

I gritted my teeth, then asked, 'Where can I find you?'

'Oh don't worry about that,' he said, 'We'll come and get you.'

                                   «»  

A/N

Sooo? What did you think??? Things are really starting to heat up now! YAY!

Sam: *Looks over*

Me: *wiggles fingers at him*

Sam: "Not now! I'm not in the mood!" *storms off*

Me: *pouty face*

Don't forget to 

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423 70 70
" One advanced, then two. Soon I was running from five of them. My legs ached as branches lashed and scratched my cheeks. They were gaining as the st...
276K 4.2K 5
Book 1 of the You Series. Leo Johnson has been a good boy since the day he was born. He always did what he was told and got the best grades in school...
391 37 9
Lucas has had a shitty life being a human in a world overtaken by werewolves. Having to see his parents die just when he was 10 and having to run awa...
24K 725 17
In a world where demons and other supernatural roam the earth, Finding love can be difficult for some. But luckily, werewolves have soulmate's. That...