There Was No World For Her, I...

By Lanabug1864

This is the sequel to The New Salvatores: A Delena Story. If you haven't read the first one, I suggest doing... More

Prologue
Return
Back
Damon's Alive
The Wedding
Gone
Memories
Adrian Salvatore
Cured
Kidnapped
Possibility
The First Ritual
Baby Drama
Jenna's Farewell
Dinners, Drama, And Baby News
Baby Daddy Revealed?
Reactions And Old Friends
Paris, France
Home The Whole Time
Losing Faith
Klaus's Secret
Soul-Saving Memory
NOT AN UPDATE!!!
Finally A Family
Elijah's Demise
Arguments, Guilt, And A Bubble Bath
Moments Like These
12 Years Later
Return Of An Enemy
Secrets Unfold
The Second Ritual
Revelation
Epilogue

Damon's Heartbreak

3.7K 92 72
By Lanabug1864

Elena's POV:

We arrived home about a few hours ago and Damon hasn't spoke a word to me since leaving the hospital. No one would tell me anything about what happened with Stella and apparently Elijah's living with us now too. Not that I mind or anything because I believe we can trust him and I think he's actually the only Original we can trust. Stefan and Katherine have been going at it too because Stefan spent all his time at the hospital with me or something like that, but judging from the loud noises coming from their bedroom I think they're making up.

As soon as we got home all I wanted was a hot shower and some decent sleep in my own bed. After drying off, I got out of the shower and put on a pair of short black pajama shorts and a tank top. I came out of the adjourning bathroom to find a shirtless Damon laying on his back on the bed with his hands supporting his head. As I slid underneath the covers beside him I saw that he looked lost in thought.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked gently while placing a hand on the side of his face to get him to look at me.

Damon sighed and rolled his eyes as he turned on his side away from me,"No, Elena. I don't want to talk about it. Why don't you just cut the light off so we can get some sleep. I'm exhausted and I think I have a crick in my back from that damn chair at the hospital."

"Damon, what's wrong?" I pressed actually kind of concerned now as I wiggled up behind him, wrapped one of my legs around his, then softly squeezed his upper arm. I didn't like it when he was like this, pushing me away and putting up walls to mask his true emotions and feelings. He normally wouldn't do that with me, but this time he was.

He suddenly flipped back almost squishing me to face me. His bright blue eyes were icy with anger as he looked at me,"Did you really just ask me that? Were you not in the same hospital room hearing the conversation I was hearing? You're pregnant, Elena!" He was practically yelling now and was obviously extremely pissed.

"Why are you getting mad? Aren't you happy that we'll have another baby to cuddle with?" I questioned quietly and felt the tears prick my eyes. Why was he acting like this?

"Damn it, Elena! You were screwing my little brother behind my back and now you're pregnant! And unless I know for certain that that baby is mine, I don't want anything to do with it!" Damon's eyes flashed as he clenched his jaw which were both definite signs he was about to snap and do something stupid.

I was starting to get angry too because he was acting like a complete and total asshole. It wasn't my fault that I got pregnant and it definitely wasn't my fault that I slept with Stefan. He came onto me first.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! I told you that Stefan and I were both extremely drunk and that he was the one that came onto me!"

"He might've came onto you first, but did you stop him?! No, you damn well kept on going and short story summarized, you cheated on me!" Damon shouted loudly and I was pretty sure everyone in the house could hear our argument. I couldn't hold back the tears any longer. They flooded down my face non stop as I looked up into his hard angry face.

"You know what?" He suddenly shot up off of the bed and started for the doorway. "Screw you and screw this! I'm sleeping in the guest room tonight!"

"What? Why?" I croaked as I gazed at the back of his raven head that slowly turned back around to face me.

Damon's voice was deadly and his words burned like vervain or being in the sun without a daylight ring,"Because I'm not sharing a bed with my slut of a wife or my baby brother's abomination."

With that he stormed out of the room leaving me open mouthed and completely broken and empty. I fell back into the bed and clung to the soft pillow as I sobbed. In between sobs I heard a door slam close down the hall which was most likely Damon. What just happened? Why was my life going straight to hell?

I suddenly felt a warm hand stroke my damp cheek gently then heard a familiar voice whisper,"Elena, you okay?"

"Go away, Stefan," I grumbled into the pillow not really in the mood at all for Stefan's comforting crap. Truthfully, I wanted a break from BOTH Salvatore brothers.

"Elena-"

"Get the hell out!!" I shrieked and Stefan was gone in an instant leaving me to continue crying into my already soaked pillow. Even though I was sleeping on the left side of the bed, it still had Damon's smell. Bourbon and some kind of expensive cologne I still couldn't name. Why was he such an ass and why do I still love that ass?

I sensed someone standing in the doorway debating on whether they should enter or not. Assuming it was Stefan I prepared for another verbal attack,"Stefan, I told you to get your ass out of this room!"

"Seeing as I'm not Stefan, would you object to me staying?" Another male voice asked softly yet still extremely kindly. I looked up and saw Elijah standing there wearing a dark grey v neck T-shirt over a pair of black boxers. I have to admit that he looked pretty good.

Sniffling, I shook my head and Elijah calmly made his way over to the large four poster bed and sat down on the edge of it,"Are you alright, Elena?"

"Don't pretend you didn't hear it, Elijah," I snapped as I hugged my pillow tighter. "I'm pretty sure the people in Africa heard it. And China. Maybe even Australia."

"Nonsense, Elena. All you two had was a mild lover's spat. It happens. You just have to get through it with time. Trust me. I've been there a few times in my thousand years."

I looked up through my tears at the small smile on Elijah's face then scared the absolute hell out of him by bolting into his chest where fresh tears escaped. He quickly got over his shock then wrapped me in a comforting hug. For the first time since knowing Elijah, I was actually thankful for him.

Sensing that he was probably going to be here all night, he carefully laid down on his back and allowed me to curl up next to him with my head resting on his surprisingly muscular chest. It was a little awkward at first, but the awkwardness soon dissolved into a comforting silence. I never thought I would one day be sharing a bed with an Original who actually kidnapped me once, but immediately apologized for it afterwards. Of course I forgave him.

Who knew Elijah could care so much? Even though my tears were staining his shirt, I knew he didn't mind. I clung tightly to the soft cotton and let the tears flow freely. I fell asleep to the soft murmuring of Elijah's voice and the feeling of his hand gently stroking my hair.

Damon's POV:

How the hell does she expect me to be happy that she's pregnant and it's obviously my dick brother's kid?! Am I supposed to put a smile on my face and say congratulations?! I didn't freaking think so! So I earned the right to be pissed at her and my brother!

I stormed down the hall to a random bedroom that I knew wasn't occupied and slammed the door closed extra hard. I knew that everyone in the house heard our fight and I probably even woke up Stella and Scarlett. Oh well.

With my supernatural hearing I could hear Elena's sobs causing guilt to flow through me, but only for a minute. That bitch cheated on me with my baby brother for crying out loud! I then heard Stefan's voice then Elena shouting at him and he left. Why was I even listening in the first place? Whatever.

I focused my attention back to the room and saw my surroundings for the first time. I didn't realize it, but I went into the room that Stefan and I kept most of the stuff from our human lives at. My face softened as I looked around the bedroom at the things that were parts of my human life and I began to remember bits and pieces of my past.

~Flashback~

"Mother! Mother!" Six-year-old Damon shouted excitedly as he ran to his mother who was sitting in a rocking chair by the fire. His suspenders were twisted and his shirt wrinkled from playing outside all day.

"What is it, Sweetheart?" Lily smiled at her immensely eager son as she picked him up and sat him on her lap.

"Look what Father gave me!" The raven haired boy beamed as he held up a tin soldier who was wearing a gray uniform with a matching hat. He grinned up at her happily,"My very own soldier!"

"I see that," She laughed warmly as he began to make his soldier march down his small leg then switched to his mother's fabric covered leg. Lily ran her fingers through her son's black locks and attempted to straighten his naturally messy hair with no success. "Guess what. Mother has a gift for you too, Damon."

Damon paused from playing to look up into his mother's bright blue eyes as he wondered what she was going to give him,"What is it, Mother?"

Lily continued to gently run her fingers through his hair as she leaned her naturally pale face close to his,"How would you like a little brother or sister?"

Damon looked down at the toy soldier in his hands and his little pudgy face scrunched up in puzzlement as he pondered over the thought of having a younger sibling. He was used to being an only child and had never gave a thought about having another child around. He finally glanced back up at his mother, but had a wary look on his little round face,"Will I be able to play with it?"

The raven haired young woman smiled at her son's childish innocence and she couldn't believe how big he had already gotten,"Of course you will, My Darling. You'll be a wonderful big brother."

The blue eyed child began to fiddle with his toy again and he had the little soldier marching up his arm. Lily was amazed at how much her son resembled her, but you could still see a little of Giuseppe in him. Especially when he threw a tantrum. When that happened it was obvious that the child had inherited his father's bad temper.

"Do you want a baby sister? I know you'd protect her well," Lily whispered to her little boy who she knew was an absolute mother's boy.

Damon shook his head as he continued to play with his soldier,"I want a little brother. I'll teach him how to be a real soldier and we will do everything together!"

Lily felt her heart fill with pride at her son's words and just knew that Damon would love and protect the new Salvatore that they were expecting,"And you shall, My Darling."

He yawned as he laid his raven head against his mother's chest and listened to her beautiful voice as she began to rock him and sing him one of the lullabies that put him to sleep.

"Golden slumbers

Kiss your eyes

Smiles await you

When you rise

Sleep my darling

Do not cry

And I'll sing you a lullaby."

~9 months later~

The six-year-old raven haired little Salvatore was sitting in the rocking chair in the living room and was staring at his parents' bedroom door. He was waiting anxiously for his father to come and get him so he could meet his new baby brother or sister. He sat unmoving as his crystal blue eyes continued to gaze trancelike at the door hoping for the little brother he longed for and imagined when he felt the baby kick in his mother's round stomach.

It was quiet for a minute and then Damon's ears pricked up at the sound of his new sibling's first cry. The door opened a few minutes later as Giuseppe Salvatore came out the room with a smile on his face.

"Want to see the baby, Damon?" He asked and his eager son nodded excitedly then followed his father into the room where he found his mother lying in the bed holding a bundle of blankets.

Lily looked up and smiled at the blue eyed child when she saw him cautiously walk up,"It's ok, Damon. Come meet your little brother, Sweetheart."

Damon grinned as he eagerly yet gently climbed up onto the bed beside his mother. She pulled the blankets back as she whispered,"Say hello to your big brother, Stefan."

The tiny baby in Lily's arms made sweet cooing sounds as he opened his bright forest green eyes and looked up into the face of his older brother. Stefan reached up a small lightly tan arm toward the pale faced being above him and Damon touched the palm of Stefan's hand with a finger causing Stefan to curl his tiny fingers around his brother's finger. Damon broke into a small smile that was a result of his new felt pride.

Lily gave a sweet smile as she wrapped an arm around Damon while he gently played with Stefan's tiny hand. Her voice was soft and sweet as she sang the lullaby that she had learned from her mother to her beautiful sons.

"Cares you know not

Therefore sleep

While over you

A watch I'll keep

Sleep my darlings

Do not cry

And I'll sing you a lullaby."

~Five years later~

"Wake up, Damy! Wake up! Santa came! Get up, Damy! Santa came!" Five-year-old Stefan yelled as he excitedly bounced up and down on his older brother's bed. The bronze haired boy jumped up again, but this time landed on top of the lump that was his brother which resulted in a loud grunt from him.

"Stefan!" Twelve-year-old Damon groaned as he shoved his baby brother off of him then sat up rubbing his eyes. "Stop shouting! You're hurting my ears!"

Stefan hopped back on the bed in front of his brother and was doing everything but sitting still,"I'm sorry, Damy. Lets go see what Santa brought!"

"Alright! Alright!" The raven haired Salvatore said as he got up from the warmth of his bed and followed his excited little brother through the large plantation house to the humongous living room where a large christmas tree stood tall and proud. The decorations throughout the house were exquisite and numerous.

The youngest Salvatore ran ahead straight for the beautiful christmas tree and the many presents underneath where the newer and middle Salvatore already was. Eight year old Adrian had become part of the family when his father died four years ago causing Lily to have to confess to her husband about her one night affair. Stefan and Damon weren't too sure about this new Salvatore and couldn't quite figure him out so they unintentionally distanced themselves from him.

Stefan grabbed the nearest present and did as every child would and shook it. He then looked at the gift tag and saw Adrian's name,"This one's yours, Adrian."

Adrian quickly stood up and ran over to his younger brother then plopped down beside him after taking the gift. Just then Lily and Giuseppe walked down the stairs and smiled when they found all three of their sons together and getting along.

"I found one for you, Stefan!" Adrian shouted and handed him a medium sized box. Lily sat down in the old rocking chair that was in front of the roaring fire as her youngest son tore into the present eagerly.

The young boy quickly pulled a brown teddy bear from the box. The bear wore a beautiful red bow tie around its small neck and he instantly loved it,"A teddy!"

The eldest son rolled his extraordinary blue eyes at his brother's fascination,"Stefan, that bear is stupid."

"Damon Giuseppe!" Damon's mother's voice was sharp as she scolded him causing him to cringe where he was sitting. He was used to being scolded, but he still didn't like the sound of her voice when she did.

Stefan turned to his mother with a smile on his little face as he hugged the bear to his small chest,"It's okay, Mother. Damy's just jealous because he didn't get one!"

Both Lily and Giuseppe laughed at the look on Damon's face as he glared at his baby brother who continued to smile at his teddy. "My name is Damon," He grumbled. "Not Damy."

Damon finally turned his attention to a small box that was hidden underneath the tree. He got on his stomach and stretched until his pale fingers wrapped around the tiny package. The oldest boy then sat up and saw that the little gift was for him.

"Damon got a little present!" Adrian pointed at the box in his brother's hand as he laughed causing Stefan to laugh as well.

"Sometimes smaller is better," Damon simply replied then began to open the package carefully as he pondered over what it could be.

"You're right, Darling. Indeed it is," Lily agreed as she watched the son that resembled her the most open the present she knew he would cherish forever.

Damon's blue eyes widened at the sight of the tiny gift that instantly meant the world to him for he had seen his father wear it before. He reached into the box and pulled out an ancient pocket watch that was obviously extremely important,"Grandfather's watch."

"Merry Christmas, My Boy," Giuseppe smiled as his eyes twinkled while his son popped open the watch to find the engraving he knew would be there.

~To my beloved Alexander who shall always be in my heart -Sophia~

Damon looked over to his father with the pocket watch still in hand,"But this was yours. You told us to never touch it."

"That pocket watch has been passed down through the family to the eldest son for generations," His father explained as Stefan and Adrian looked on. "When I was a boy, my father, your grandfather, gave that watch to me when he believed I was ready for it. And now, Damon, it's your turn."

The raven haired boy jumped up from his spot on the floor and rushed into his father's arms where the warmth enveloped him. He remembered seeing his father wear that watch all the time and remembered him telling them that they should never play with it because it was very old and very special.

"Thank you, Father," Damon whispered into Giuseppe's neck as he hugged him tighter. Giuseppe was relieved that Damon knew the worth of the watch and that made him even more certain that Damon was ready for it.

"You're welcome, My Son."

~5 years later~

The day was depressing enough as it is, but the rain and the dark clouds made it worse. Seventeen-year-old Damon was grasping the hands of his two little brothers as he followed behind his father who was wearing a suit of black. Giuseppe's footsteps crunched over the gravel as he approached the dark wooden casket.

Lily Salvatore seemed to just have a mild cold, but it progressed into something much worse. What she thought to be a simple cold turned out to be a deadly illness that put her on her death bed and then killed her.

Giuseppe was devastated by his wife's abrupt death and seemed to grow colder and more temperamental. His footsteps stopped as he laid a single hand on top of the casket in a silent goodbye causing quiet tears to roll down his cheeks.

Damon came up by his father's side and he felt the stinging hot tears fall down his face as he remembered being with his mother in her final moments. He was alone with her and the last thing she did was sing him the lullaby she had sang to him since he was born. It was then that he broke down crying and begged her not to go. She simply smiled which told him everything she wanted to say and then just like that..she was gone.

Damon had loved his mother so much and he didn't know how life was going to continue on without her smiles, her laughter, or her happiness that could lighten any mood. He remembered watching his father dance with her at night when they thought the children were asleep. He remembered seeing how much love was on their faces whenever they'd kiss.

He looked down at ten-year-old Stefan who was confused and didn't know what was going on. Adrian, being a little older, had some idea, but not a whole lot. Damon watched as Stefan looked up at their father's face to see the tears that slid down his cheeks. Seeing him cry made Stefan want to cry and before anyone knew it, Stefan too was crying. Damon quickly picked him up and hugged his baby brother to him as the tears rolled down his face and into his brother's hair.

"Why's Mother sleeping in that coffin?" Stefan asked in between quiet sniffles as he clung to his big brother who was staring at the wood box.

"Because Mother is in the kind of sleep that she'll never wake up from, Stefan," Damon replied softly then felt Adrian grasp his free hand that he had hanging at his side.

Giuseppe stepped back and motioned for the three boys to do the same. The gravedigger then slowly lowered the casket containing Lily's body into the earth below where she'll be forever resting. Giuseppe took off his rectangle shaped glasses and dabbed at his eyes before placing them back on. He looked over at his sons and felt a tiny smile on his face when he saw Damon comforting the younger ones.

"Come, my sons. It is time for us to leave," He whispered sadly and gave one last long look at the disappearing casket before turning and walking away.

Damon paused before following his father and watched the casket disappear quietly into the earth. A single tear rolled down his face as he whispered,"Goodbye, Mother."

Damon then turned and, Stefan in arms, walked away like his father had. That moment had been the start of the many large looming walls that Damon Salvatore would build and construct to shut people out and keep his emotions and true self in. It was the start of the path that would lead to what he would later believe to be his saving grace. It lead to his turning into a vampire.

~End of flashback~

I picked up the ancient pocket watch from its place on the dresser and popped open the top to reveal the worn engraving. Alexander was my however many greats grandfather and Sophia would later become my great grandmother. I had hoped that someday I would pass the watch on to my eldest son like so many Salvatores before me had, but I had that taken away from me until now.

I sat the watch back down among the dust as my eyes traveled to a old faded photograph of a woman in a rocking chair before the fireplace. My mother was so beautiful and she could lighten any mood just with a smile. Her laugh made you want to laugh in a good way and she had a very bubbly personality that everyone couldn't help but love. It almost killed me when she died and I didn't think I would ever come out of my room, but my father had somehow convinced me to.

With tears in my eyes, I crawled under the sheets in the bed and grabbed the pillow next to me then wrapped my arms tightly around it. I clutched the soft pillow to my chest which would normally be where Elena would sleep. I didn't want to fight with the woman who makes me forget what I am and makes me feel human, but I couldn't help but be pissed at her for what she did.

I heard the door creak open softly as someone came in pausing in the doorway. I didn't want to talk to anyone and just wanted to be left alone so I could get some sleep. "Leave me the hell alone!" I growled at whoever it was.

I got no reply and instead felt the movement of someone getting on the bed. My pillow was pulled from my arms and someone wiggled their way into its place. I looked down to find a pair of sparkling crystal blue eyes studying me softly.

"Stella," I whispered as she snuggled against me then noticed the tears on my face. She reached up a small hand and wiped them away with a frown on her little face,"Don't cry, Daddy. Mommy still loves you. And I love you too."

I felt my lips pull up into a small smile as I pulled her closer to me and pecked the top of her head,"Oh, Princess, I know that. I love you too."

"I know you do, Daddy," was her simple reply. She then gave a small smile as she drifted to sleep in my arms. I had never been so thankful for my little girl before and I couldn't believe how much of my mother I could see in her.

As I felt the gentle presence of sleep, I sent up a prayer to whatever God was out there thanking him for giving me the chance to have the one human experience that I thought was taken away from me for good. But all that changed and the solid proof was sleeping in my arms. My baby girl.

~OMG I just made myself cry! I hate seeing my poor baby so broken and upset! Don't worry, Damon! You'll get the happy ending you deserve! Soo do you wanna be awesome readers and fans and comment comment comment?! Love always! Btw don't forget to check out my other works! -Lanabug1864~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 228 10
Kaitlin Petrova is your normal young twenty year old. Only her parents are dead and she's on the run from her vampire ex boyfriend, Drew. What she do...
12.4K 84 55
Alexandra Petrova, Katherine's older sister. What happens when the Salvatore Brothers come back home to Mystic Falls? Will Alexandra stay and help? W...
31.6K 777 30
PerinĂ¡ has lived in Mystic Falls her whole life, her mother lived here and gave birth to her here, it's also where she died. PerinĂ¡'s birth killed he...
323K 8.2K 54
Rosalie Salvatore was the youngest Salvatore sibling, unfortunately she died due to burning at the stake in 1864. It's 2010 and the brothers look thr...