Pros and cons of dating an ol...

Bởi missvalencia

A quirky but cute love story about the results of making one bad decision. Good girl Kate happened to be at... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: Pro #1
Chapter 2: Con #1
Chapter 3: Con #2
Chapter 4: Pro #2
Chapter 5: Con #3
Chapter 6: Pro #3
Chapter 7: Con #4
Chapter 8: Pro #4
Chapter 9: Con #5
Chapter 10: Pro #5
Chapter 11: Con #6
Chapter 12: Pro #6
Chapter 14: Con #8
Chapter 15: Pro #7
Chapter 16: Pro #8
Chapter 17: Con #9
Chapter 18: Con #10
Chapter 19: Pro #9
A little update
Chapter 20: Pro #10
Chapter 21: Con #11
Chapter 22: Con #12
Chapter 23: Pro #11
Chapter 24: Pro #12
Chapter 25: Pro #13
Chapter 26: Con #13
Chapter 27: Pro #14

Chapter 13: Con #7

5.8K 132 2
Bởi missvalencia

Con #7 - You get married then what?

"They don't really have breakfast at La Casa Mia..." I heard Jared say on the phone. He was in the kitchen talking to someone and I was being a a bad girl and eavesdropping from the bedroom. I mean he could have closed the door behind him if he wanted to have a private conversation right?

"Yeah and you can't come over right now, the house is a bit of a mess. I'm in the middle of sorting out the housekeeping problem... How about I meet you at that little coffee place you like off  St Martins road.." He said again. Who could he possible be meeting at 9 in the morning on a Sunday.

"Alright, see you in 20 minutes love" Love??? who was he calling love? Especially since we'd only been married one day. Was he cheating already? Had I driven my husband into the arms of another woman overnight? I was going crazy.

He finally hung up and started making his way back to the bedroom. From the towel wrapped around his waist, I'm guessing he'd already showered.  I quickly jumped into the bathroom conjoined with our bedroom. Our bedroom. That little thought made me smile. I started the shower with no intention of going in. I needed to know where Jared was going. I took one look at myself in the mirror and realized I was being a psycho wife. This was the sort of behaviour that was going to make Jared want to avoid me. I needed to calm down...I needed to be cool and not portray the image of psycho jealous wife.

As if on cue,

"I'm going to see a friend, I'll be back soon" Jared said, popping his head into the bathroom.

I didn't know what to say, it was all too awkward for me. I just gave him an unsure smile and with that he was gone.  He didn't even put on cologne and was wearing casual clothes. Whoever he was meeting - and my gut instinct was telling me it was Veronica- surely wasn't an important client as he would have dressed up. I did give him the go ahead to continue seeing her so I have nothing to complain about. I mean sure it hurt a little, considering that we just got married yesterday and he could have been a little more considerate. I didn't love Jared, I barely knew what that word meant but I did like him - a lot. He was nice to look at and not to mention the sex...

My phone ringing gave me a startle.

"Yeah?" I answered. I was a little disappointed that it was Conner and not Jared who was calling. I needed to snap out of it. It was probably the pregnancy hormones.

"What will you be doing in an hour?" He asked

"Aside from recovering from all the hot sex" He added before I could reply. I almost laughed.

"I'm free as a bird, Jared's not even here, he escaped as soon as he could..." I said.

"Free as a bird? Who says that Katie? You need to be more cool, like me" Conner said, clearly laughing at my awkward personality.

"I'm trying..." I was starting to feel sorry for myself.

"How about I come pick you up and we have that frozen yogurt you bailed on yesterday?"

"Yeah that sounds great. Let me shower quickly, I'll text you the address right away"

At least I wouldn't have to sit waiting for Jared to come home and look like a crazy woman when he finally did get back. I quickly texted Conner the address and told him to come in about 30 minutes. I needed to clean up the apartment a little bit after showering. It wasn't even that dirty for Jared to refuse his "love" person to come over. I needed to take a deep breathe. This whole marriage thing was starting to feel like a bit much and it was only the first day.

After showering I cleared up and made the bed. Conner said he was on his way so I made some cereal while on the wait. These days I was so hungry and I woke up this morning craving a spicy butter chicken. Looks like the cravings phase was about to kick in.

I was getting impatient waiting for Conner in the apartment and sitting by myself wasn't doing any good. I kept picturing Jared and Veronica together...laughing...kissing...not paying any thought to the poor wife waiting at home.

I met Conner outside the lobby and he walked me to his car.

"I thought you quit?" I asked when I saw the packet of cigarettes and a lighter on the passenger seat.

"It's a hard habit to kick" He said, taking out one cigarette and lighting it up before starting the car.

I've never been one for the whole smoking and drinking because my parents household was super strict and no nonsense.

The smoke was getting a bit much, and either way he shouldn't be smoking in my presence, it was bad for my baby. I was even coughing a little. My sense of smell was super heightened as well thanks to the baby.

I guess Conner noticed as he quickly put it out, apologized and opened up the roof of his convertible.

"Thanks" I said

"Yeah my bad, I keep forgetting you're a soon to be mommy" He said, pulling up at the frozen yogurt place.

We sat by the booth near the back and placed our orders. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until my stomach growled. Conner went to the counter and ordered waffles and an ice cream sunday for me after that. It wasn't so bad being pregnant after all.

"So what are we doing for your birthday?" Connor asked and I almost choked on my waffle.

"Is it today?!" I asked.

He laughed and patted my head, I hated it when he did that.

"Sometimes I forget that you're a true blonde, not just in hair colour"

"Very funny with your blonde joke HAHA Connor" I almost stuck my tongue out at him but I decided to be mature. Plus the waffles were really good. Mine were drenched in chocolate sauce.

"It's in two weeks silly. How could you forget" Connor said, handing me a tissue. My face was probably covered in chocolate sauce. I couldn't help it.

"Wait! Before you wipe it off, lets take a selfie" He said pulling out his phone.

I smiled my best smile and even did a thumbs up for extra cuteness.

"Send them to me later" I said and he nodded.

I wonder if Jared was having a much better time than me with Veronica. If he was having 'adult fun' whilst I was covered in chocolate. He would probably be embarrassed if he saw me right now. Damn these pregnancy hormones!

"You're sulking again" Connor said.

"I know...Where's Lo?"

"With the family, it is Sunday after all"

Conner was not helping at all. I started feeling even worse. Why didn't Jared want to spend Sunday with me? I know it was just a day of the week, nothing special but we'd barely 'hung out' for the past month and we were about to have a baby together.

"Do you wanna go to the mall or something? Look for cute baby clothes...is it a boy or girl? if it's a boy you have no choice but to name it after me"

The babys gender... I hadn't even thought of the baby as being a real person. It was always just the baby.

"I think we'll be able to know the gender pretty soon, I'm almost four months I think, so right around my birthday"

Conner just nodded, he was finishing off his food.

"Hey, do you wanna go with me to see the gender of the baby on my birthday?" I asked. I didn't want to go alone. That would be pretty sad.

"Shouldn't you be asking Jared, you know, the baby daddy?" Conner asked, clearly puzzled.

"I don't think he'd wanna come. And I don't want to ask Lo, it would be weird that I'm not going with her brother to see the doctor..."

"Ok, I won't ask any questions because you look really sad right now, come on, let's go." Conner said, grabbing my hand and leading me to the car.

It was a day well spent, and for most part, Jared didn't cross my mind. We went to the mall and then Conner suggested we go to the doctor and book the appointment. It turned out to be a great idea, I didn't even know I had to make an appointment. By the time I got back to the apartment the sun was already setting and Jared still wasn't back. Oh well.

I slipped into my pyjamas and took a nap. He didn't deserve to be made dinner, especially after ignoring me all day and not texting even once.

******************

Thanks for reading! :) Please comment/vote/suggestions. I love hearing from you guys

Thanks for reading:)

Val

x

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

101 2 7
~Psychological Romance between two childhood friends~
123 10 7
"Never love a stranger, you may put your heart in danger."
6.2K 108 30
(written when I was 13 y/o) Kate is in love with the most dangerously hot guy in town. She's absolutely positive Mike loves her back, but as time pas...
strayed Bởi Neelima pradhan

Bí ẩn / Thriller

5.8K 215 18
Nora, a beautiful and independent girl falls for neil, a smart and spunky guy and they start dating leading to a marriage. The marriage turns out to...