The Famoux

By famouxx

Leaving behind everything she's ever known, Emilee enters a world of high glamour and even higher stakes. The... More

Purchase Now!
The Famoux
Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Epilogue
Afterword & Book 2
Kaytee McKarrington
Chapter Stones
Till Amaris
Calsifer Race
Cartney Kirk
Foster Farrand
Finley
Sentry F. Gerald
Marlon York
Carstan van Horne
Callan
Norax Geddes
Bree Arch
Rebecca Birch
Keeping up with The Parvenus

Emeray Essence

26K 753 560
By famouxx

Note: Well hello there! I missed you these last two Friday's! While diligently working on perfecting the first few chapters of The Classix, I decided I should post one of the character interviews!

Quick note about the interview questions and answers: I typed questions out exactly as I saw them, misspells/typos and all. I thought that if I edited any of them, I'd be opening the option of me having doctored them in some way. These are your raw, inhibited questions! If some replies are short or not necessarily an answer, it's because the given character is any of the following:

1. Not aware of the information yet.

2. Mot allowed to reveal the answer for the next book's sake.

3. Totally teasing you.

If you asked more than one question, the character will give more than one answer, and those will be separated in different paragraphs. This was to insure we don't have massive blocks of replies.

Also, sometimes I give input to explain their answer or give my own thoughts. Because you definitely came here to listen to me. Not.

Without further ado, I give you, YOUR INTERVIEW WITH EMERAY ESSENCE!

@Weboftruths: How are you holding up?

Emeray: Poorly. We all are. You'll see this soon.

@ImAwesomeNotPerfect: If you could go back and change what you said to Foster in the goodbye ceremony would you? Why won't you screw with Chapter?

Emeray: All of us meant our goodbyes when we said them, but there was this part of me that felt like they weren't real––like we would all somehow make it out of the Fishbowl, and that goodbyes were unnecessary. Does that make any sense? I would've made my goodbye to Foster more ceremonious, for sure. It was casual––far too casual than a final goodbye should've been.

Emeray: *chokes on coffee* Why won't I what?!?!?!

@Jazzmatazz17: Why don't you just say screw it and come clean with your relationship with chapter one and for all? It could have happened right after the Kaytee and race blowup and softened it for everyone.

Emeray: Well . . . I think everybody finding out about not one, but two hidden Famoux relationships would be too much for the public. We're supposed to be transparent––so much so that sometimes we even live in a glass house. Finding out about Kaytee and Race made the world feel a little betrayed. I don't even want to imagine how they would feel about me and Chapter.

Author's Input: Look at it this way, friends. Delicatum loved Kaytee and Cartney––they were a couple they rooted for. Maybe you've seen fans have a couple they've thought about and rooted for as well. Maybe they're actors or models. Maybe they sing songs together like Kaytee and Cartney. So what happens when one half of this duo is seen with someone mega-famous (like Race)? If there's anything I know from watching lots of different fandoms at work, there are some fans who FREAK OUT WHEN THEIR SHIP SINKS. You know those fans––the embarrassing ones that totally give your fandom a bad name. In Chapter's case, he's not really paired with anyone by fans, but he's the guy you never want to date somebody. How do some fans feel when their fave starts dating a pretty actor or model or artist? They feel hopeless. So imagine Delicatum's equivalent of the most coveted guy in our world (whoever he is in your eyes) is dating a really pretty girl who, like, JUST became famous. That kind of stuff sets people off.

@jaystabler: Would you try to find your mother? Would you leave the Famoux with Chapter if he asked you or would you leave even if he wouldn't on your own?

Emeray: Norax was so reluctant with helping find Dalton. I guess we'll have to see if we can find him first before I consider asking her for that.

Emeray: If things were going south, and Chapter asked me to, I think I would leave with him. I just don't think he could ever leave––the whole Famoux would collapse without him there. He's one of the only members that the world consistently loves through anything. I just showed up a month or two ago, so I don't think my leaving would have the same impact, but I don't know. I wouldn't leave alone, that's for sure. I've had my fair share of feeling alone.

@Kenya1207: Would you leave the Famoux family if you had the chance our would you stay and why? Do you think your mother could possibly still be alive? Why or why not?

Emeray: I wouldn't want to leave the Famoux family ever. If we all wanted to leave the spotlight together, that would be a different story. This is sort of the only family I've had who have actually liked me.

Emeray: From the cufflinks, I know that DEFED has some of my mom's bones. It's hard to tell if that means she's alive or not. Thinking about it makes me nervous.

@jujube2020: How important is your family?

Emeray: As much as they didn't prefer me, they're still my family. Brandyce may've never wanted to stand around me in public, but I stayed up and waited every night to make sure she came home. Dalton may've stopped trying to save me from Carstan, but I still want to find him and make sure he's safe, wherever he is. They're still important to me.

@shinylittleA: Do you miss your life as Emilee?

Emeray: Not at all. Most of the torment I'm facing today isn't as hands-on as it was everyday with Carstan and his group. It's secrets and whispers and rumors. I can handle that.

@IcoolkidsI: Do you think that you could fall in love with cartney kirk even when chapter is around? As in not dead.

Emeray: *chokes on coffee again*

Chapter, slipping into the interview space: Isn't everybody complaining about how love triangles are, well, cliched?

Cartney, bursting through the door: How about love heptagons, huh?

Emeray: What's that supposed to mean, Cartney?!?

Cartney: I don't know. Sounded cool.

@itsarachel: Do you miss your family?

Emeray: Of course I do. I always will.

@entelechy_: How's life, lumerpa? (Are we still using that nickname?)

Emeray: You can call me that, of course. Life isn't as cheerful as it used to be. I have a feeling things are going to change with everything that's happened at the Fishbowl. I just . . . I don't know what that'll be.

@ssniickerss: Knowing the power you have as a famoux member, what is something you would like to use that on? Like starting a trend of some sort or making a difference in any way.

Emeray: I'd like to be there for people, mostly. Acting or singing or modeling may not look like groundbreaking, life-changing work, but it really can be for some people. If I can be there in their lives however I am, and if I can make their lives better in that way, that's all I'd like to do.

Author's Input: I could list a million ways that artists make a difference. Maybe your favorite musician's song saved your life. Maybe watching a certain film puts you in a happier place. Maybe reading a certain book helps you healthily escape from your troubles. People can save lives with the words they say or write or sing. I've gotten some messages from readers about how my book was there with them in dark times, or a quote saved their life when they needed it most, or that my work inspired them to create something of their own. I can't even describe how that makes me feel. The things we create can be so powerful. I think that's one of the most beautiful things in the world.

@Hannahhbushh: would you fall in love with chapter if he was roman

Emeray: Everything Chapter is––all his ways of thinking and handling himself around others––are things the Fissarex didn't make. I'd love that mind of his, regardless of hair color, or eye color, or skin color. I'd always fall in love with that mind.

@Carmen_1inchD: do you regret not doing the punk photoshoot with Foster because I wanted to see that

Emeray: I regret it more than you know, Carmen. I will always regret that.

@tinyfriendofalfonso: You are my lumerpa. Would you mind if I drew a lumerpa fanart for you?

Emeray: I would absolutely love that!

Author's Input: Thank you for the lumerpa!

@lotty_lebeau: Would you adopt Callan if you and Chapter got to be together forever? Will you ever speak to your family again? Do you actually trust Norax or the Famoux members?

Emeray: I'm not sure I'd have to do any legal adoption, would I? Wow––I just––just thinking about the future like that makes me feel all nervous and fuzzy inside.

Emeray: I'm not sure I'll have the chance to speak to my family. It's hard to tell if that chance will ever come around.

Emeray: I trust the Famoux.

@suicidxquad: Do you like Emeray more than Emilee?

Emeray: Truthfully, yes.

Author's Input: Emeray is in a point of her life where things (while extremely scary and volatile) are much better than they used to be. She's 16 years old. She's thrilled to be pretty in the eyes of everyone in the whole world. Living as Emilee was basically a constant shuffle of sad songs.

@jamila_grace: What is your conspiracy on DEFED?

Emeray: I don't know who could be behind it. Whoever they are must really hate us.

@FeathersnWildflowers: Do you miss your dark hair? I know I do.

Emeray: Sometimes, I suppose. I haven't given it much thought. People really hated it.

@morganator9: Given the chance, would you erase it all?

Emeray: I wouldn't. The only thing I'd erase is what . . . happens to Foster.

@ginger0000: If you had to pick one person from your old life to join you in your new one who would it be?

Emeray: I would pick Brandyce. She deserves to be happier. I can see her being very happy living this way, minus all the threats.

@lukewat: What would you do if they kill another member and make Carstan a new member?

Emeray: If he was remade in the Fissarex, I wouldn't even know if it was him. *shudders.*

@Zoe_Mikayla_0211: Would you have still joined the famoux if you knew beforehand that all of this would happen

Emeray: Yes.

@StolenFishes: What is your honest opinion on Norax?

Emeray: I don't know anymore. I keep telling it to myself––that it's all for the best, that she is trying to help me, but sometimes the words taste sour. How can someone have my best interest in mind if I've a very clear idea of how little good-interest in me her kin can have? After finding out about Carstan . . . I just don't even know anymore, Jenna.

@_starstruck800_: If your WHOLE family one day came back knowing you are Emily and asked you to come back with them or ask for forgiveness would you?

Emeray: I'd like to believe I would.

@niallthevsmodel: Where do you think your mum is?

Emeray: I'm hoping she's not captured by DEFED.

@PurpleRain-24: What are her feelings about Dalton going missing? Will she ever ask Norax to find her mom? Or will she ever ask for a meeting with her family to explain to them what happened and why?

Emeray: I'm terrified that maybe Dalton left on his own, and I'm terrified that maybe he's been kidnapped by DEFED. He's the least likely of my siblings and I to run away. It doesn't sit well with me at all.

Emeray: I feel like I ask so much of Norax.

Emeray: I'm not sure I'll ever actually get the luxury of meeting them and explaining. For all I know, they think I'm dead. For all I know, they're happy about it. I didn't see any missing signs with MY name on it out there.

@alilacsky17: How does she feel about her family members? Is she mad at Brandyce and her mom for being awful? Does she feel sorry for her dad? What are her thoughts towards them?

Emeray: I still love my family. Always.

Emeray: I can't blame them for how they were with me. I was the same toward myself.

Emeray: I wish my dad could get better. If there's anything I really regret, it's not being there to take care of him. That was always supposed to be my job in the end.

@youre_trash_: Can you please ditch the hell out of Cartney in whatever means possible and be with Chapter?

Emeray: Perhaps when the contract's finished. I don't want to do something rash and ruin everything.

@Directioner2141: What aspect of your old body do you miss the most?

Emeray: None of it.

Author's Input: She absolutely hated herself as Emilee. By the end of book 1, where we currently are, she hasn't experienced half the growth she's about to have. Keep in mind that the Fissarex used to be a super jovial and wonderful thing to me. Her happiness toward becoming someone totally different wasn't something I was faking––I wrote it in a mindset that this was the absolute most perfect thing ever. I really wanted that machine to be real, much like many comments from readers on the chapter. Anyone who has ever hated the way they look or have been made fun of something they can't change have wished for a magic wand to make it all go away. At this point of the book, Emeray is a 16 year old girl who got her wish.

@NiaAbraham: How do you really feel knowing that you would never see your family again?relieved?

Emeray: A little relieved, but a little sad. It's like escaping an absolute hell but leaving people you loved behind. There's guilt.

@hellofrtheotherside: Your think you can rely on Cartney? Really trust him?

Emeray: Right now, Cartney is one of the least dicey people around me. He doesn't have a son that used to tie me to flagpoles or attempt to drown me. He doesn't have a duplicate of him running around trying to kiss me. We're in an unfortunate situation, and he might not always be the best company, but right now he hasn't given me much reason to not trust him. He acts out of emotions––it was his own disappointment and sadness that provoked him to spill about Kaytee and Race. His emotions aren't attached to me like that. Plus, Chapter seems to trust him too. I mean, he told him about how he used to be Roman.

@BethDavis814: A demand: don't be with anyone but Chapter

Emeray: Would you like to take Norax's job?

@To-Infinity-Beyond: Why were you immediately drawn to Chapter?

Emeray: He accepted me immediately. He could've hated me for coming in so quickly and taking his best friend's room as my own, but he didn't. All he wanted to do when he visited me in Bree's room was make sure I had something to wear to sleep. I didn't have to do anything to prove myself to him; he never looked at me like I was some theory that needed proof to be considered good. He wanted to know who I used to be, and is always trying to paint the past in prettier colors. "Sticks" doesn't sting like it used to. He made that happen.

@Theyrekindahotthooo: How did you feel when you first realized how different you were from other kids?

Emeray: It was pointed out to me before I can remember––on some playground or little classroom. I've always known I'm different. It's never felt good.

xxx

There you have it! A bunch of questions from you and answers from Emeray! How did you like it?

If you have any questions for the other members, add them to the afterword! I also don't know how to make the usernames do that thing where they link to your profile. How does that happen?

Which character's questions would you like to see next?

Do you have any questions for me?

ARE YOU AS HYPED FOR THE CLASSIX AS I AM?

I hope you're doing well. If you ever need anything, I am here for you. Please remember that. Please keep moving forward. Please keep pushing through. You are indescribably great to me, and you deserve every happiness the world can offer.

Remember: Sticks and Stones may break your bones, but haters make you famoux.

(Guess it wasn't the "last time" saying that, like I said in the afterword. Oops.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.2K 2.8K 77
CONTENT CONTAINS : SELF HARM SUICIDAL THOUGHTS SUICIDE IDEATION SUICIDE ATTEMPTS MENTAL ILLNESS SEXUAL CONTENT TORTURE ABUSE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUA...
22.8K 640 24
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION. Fame can be deadly. Out of the wreckage of environmental collapse, the country of Delicatum emerged. Its most popular celebrit...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
768 63 26
Football player meets figure skater Moving to the middle of nowhere, to a place called Arizona? The desert! Yep, that's my luck. And to top it off, I...