Let's Call it Love

By Avirose

Meeting 'The Perfection' was a dream come true for many people, mostly fanatical girls. Scarlette happened to... More

Dedication
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 1 The Race
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 2 The Mother
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 3 The Scarves
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 4 Meeting Up & Homework
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 5 The Search
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 6 Coffee and Cookies
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 7 Teddy Bear & Dance
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 9 The Unexpected Outing
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 10 Getting Ready
Let's Call It Love: Bonus Chapter 1
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 11 Root Beer Bottles and Good Friends
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 12 Party and Alvin&Nobody
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 13 Bad News & Sleepover
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 14 Rey & Birthday
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 15 Lying, Partying, and Riley
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 16 Planning
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 17 Sleepover and Switching Places
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 18 Crazy&Fun Date
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 19 Beach Trip
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 20 Surprise Attack
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 21 Homecoming
Let's Call It Love:Chapter 22 Mysterious Admirer
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 23 Didn't Prevail
Let's Call it Love: Chapter 24: Two Twits and Two Kisses
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 25 Friendship and Time Apart

Let's Call it Love:Chapter 8 Welcome Back

663 7 0
By Avirose

Let's Call It Love

Chapter 8

Welcome Back

I was in some kind of party with my old classmates from my other school. It was a weird party because my old crush was there. A typical party I guess. I was walking around to find none of my friends around. It was weird.

I saw Zane with some of his friends that were talking and looking at me at the same time. I gave them a confused look. One of his friends, as I knew he was named Kale, went next to me.

Zane and the others dismantled and went somewhere else. I turned to Kale who was giving me a small smile.

"Do you need something?" I asked him, giving a confused look.

He said nothing but held on to my right arm like a koala bear. I started to push him off but he kept on holding on tighter.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

No answer. Even if he answered, I probably woudn't have heard him because of the crowd.

I started to run and run, not knowing where to go. It turns out that the party is really big. I struggled to get out of his grasp but it's too hard.

"Let go!"

I decided to be a bit violent with this to get him off. I made him go down to the ground and tried to make him let go. I succeeded and ran and ran.

Turns out he saw where I was going and ran towards me catching up and getting my right arm again. Is this guy crazy?

It went on and on like this for an uncountable time. I was getting tired. I stood somewhere with faint sweat running down my face. To my surprise he let go of my arm. He gave me a huge smile as walked silently back to his friends who was now mantled. Was that a dare?!

I got out of that dream noticing my face was beaded with sweat. I wiped it off laughing at myself quietly.

I was a little too early but went to the shower and dressed. I didn't bother to get breakfast today, I didn't have the appetite. I walked to school a little early because barely anyone was in class. I mean, it's only me.

I'm surprised that they open the school early. I went to my desk and laid my head on my bagpack. I closed my eyes, seeing nothing but darkness. I began to drift off to sleep but remembered not to. I felt the chair next to me move. I raised my head to find a tired Dalton next to me.

"Didn't sleep well either?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "I couldn't sleep. At all last night. Something is bothering me." It still looks like he's full of energy.

"Ah, I got a nightmare," I shivered thinking if Kale.

"I want to sleep," he said, his eyelids droop but opened again.

"I want to ditch school so I can sleep," I complained.

He wagged his index finger at me, laughing drowsily.

"No bad thoughts, Missy," he warned me. I stuck my tongue out.

"Let's go get coffee," I told him.

I rose up and so did he, and we went to the cafeteria. I ordered coffee for both of us and he paid for it. The lady looked at us terrified as she gave the coffee.

"Sorry Miss, we are just very tired," I apologized to her.

She nodded.

I grabbed both of our coffee and sat down in a table. I took a sip out of it and warmth went into my body. I felt a sudden surge of energy.

After that, I put my bagpack in the table and hid my face in it. I heard two people sat down. I frowned. I wonder who it could be? I felt their cool breath at my head and held on to their collar.

"Who is this?" I asked to the person.

I raised my head up to see Jace looking surprised, "Calm down girl." I let go of his collar and he fixed it.

"What happened to both of you?" Chase asked in a sarcastic voice.

"I couldn't sleep," Dalton said laying his head in his arms.

I told them my dream and they all chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"So Kale was holding on to your arm?" Chase asked amused.

I nodded, "It looked like a dare. I got a nightmare."

Students started to pour in the cafeteria now. I mean it was crowded in there. I took a sip of my coffee.

"Scarlette!" A high soprano voice called out to the crowd getting a lot of attention.

I turned around to find Janelle walking towards our table. My eyes widened up. It's really is Janelle, she never changed. I gulped the coffee down.

"Janelle?" Jace and Chase said at the same time surprise in their eyes.

"Janelle?" Dalton said stunned.

She came over to hug me and I reluctantly hugged her back. She made a light giggle and turned to hugged Jace and Chase. Lastly, she hugged Dalton, passionately.

I felt my heart sink low to my stomach. This must be why he acted weird when I mentioned Janelle to him in our homework. He knew Janelle was my best friend.

"I never knew you guys would be friends with Gwendolyn," she said in a shocked voice.

I gave her a light smile, I grabbed a chair from another table and she sat down, looking at us amused. Everyone else sat down except Dalton who was still standing up, frowning.

"Yes, I didn't expect you to know then either," I said politely.

"Hey Janelle! I got our schedules," a familiar voice said.

I looked in the way the direction of the voice was heard. It was...

"Kale?" I asked terrified that I almost fell off my seat.

Dalton caught up to me luckily. I stood up and returned to my normal seat. It looked like my nightmare turned into real life. I heard chuckles on Chase's side.

"It's really is Scarlette Gwendolyn Wright!" he said in a shocked voice.

He hugged me happily and gave me a light peck on the cheek. I felt my cheeks getting warm. I looked at Chase who was frowning and Jace was just chuckling.

"What class do you have next?" Kale asked me.

"I have Math-"

"Me too! We should go now!" he said dragging me off my feet. I grabbed my bag pack quickly and followed unwillingly after him.

"Help me," I mouthed at them. Janelle just waved goodbye and was smiling.

He dragged me to class and sat at the seat, and Dalton also sat.

"How are you?" he asked me.

"Okay," I mumbled.

"That's great. You should be happy! I'm back!" he said smiling hugely.

The bell rang, signaling class is going to start soon. Dalton came in the door with a frowning face. He walked to his chair who was occupied by Kale.

"Excuse me Kale, but that's my seat," he said to him.

"Go sit somewhere else, I'm sitting next to my Scar," he said protectively.

"Kale Hermain, you're sitting in the back for now," the teacher pointed at the back. He must have heard.

He groaned but left, eventually. Dalton sat at his original seat.

"He's eager to sit next to you, huh?" he asked me. I could hear him chuckle in his voice.

I nodded. We didn't talk for the rest of the class because I, for one, didn't felt like it, I was too tired, and we weren't allow to talk in class. Even right now I'm wondering how I'm surviving this type of high school.

Class ended with the teacher dismissing the it. I stood up, put my bag strap at my shoulder, and walked out. I was careful not to get the attention of Kale. I tiptoed out of the room being careful.

"S-"

I interrupted him by yanking on to his coat and dragging him out of class, my hand in his mouth looking inside the classroom. Kale was talking to some guy. I exhaled and let go of his coat fixing it for him. I gave him a apologetic smile.

Shockness covered Dalton's face but it returned to his serious face soon. I took his right hand and dragged him away from the classroom. I planned to go to the rooftop because we haven't been there for months. We got there and we sat down in the ground.

"Who knew my nightmare would come to real life?" I asked, laughing at myself.

"Who knew my dream from a long time ago would come true?" he said and smiled once.

"So you know Janelle."

"Yeah, I'm glad to have her back," he said, smiling at the thought of her.

"That's nice," I said and gave him a fake smile.

I heard footsteps coming and looked at the door. The door revealed Janelle and Kale smiling at us.

She came next to Dalton and gave him a light peck at the cheek and made him stand up, holding on to his right arm.

"Hey Scar, Dalton," she bowed.

I bowed and Kale came into my left arm, holding on to it. I tried my best to let go of his grasp but failed.

"Scarlette, I know it's a Girls Choice but would you like to go to the Dance with me?" Kale asked me.

I looked at him shocked. I really didn't want too, I feel uneasy. Dalton and Janelle seemed to agree. Then two busted out the door again revealing Jace and Chase.

"Whats happening here?" Chase asked looking at us suspiciously.

"Kale asked Scar to go to the Dance with him, but yet she hasn't answered," Janelle explained.

I looked at the both of them. Chase opened his mouth to speak but got interrupted.

"I'm afraid Scarlette is already taken. I'm taking her to the dance," Jace explained to Kale who looked disappointed.

Jace took me and made me stay by his side giving a small smile to everyone. I was shocked too. Didn't Jace already have a date to the dance and why did he give such a lie?!

Everyone else had a surprised look on their faces, even me. Only Kale had a disappointed look on his face.

"We'll be going," I said, laughing sheepishly. I dragged Jace out of the rooftop and to an empty hallway.

I gave him a confused look. "And don't you already have a date?" I asked him.

"I know, I'll break it with her though. You looked uneasy back there. I decided to be a good friend and help you. You should be lucky I saved you," he explained chuckling in the end.

"Thanks for saving my @#$%. I really appreciate it," I paused, "Does this mean we have to act like a couple?" I asked him, widening my eyes.

He nodded. "Well, I have a reputation to live up to," he chuckled, "but only until next week or so."

I nodded, trying to get it into my head. "Wait, why can't you just ask a girl to the dance without really going out with them?" I asked him.

He shook his head at me, "I have a reputation. I don't want people to think that I can't get a girl like you."

I raised my eyebrow, "What kind of girl am I to you?"

He shrugged, "A nice girl."

"I don't want it," I said in a flat tone.

"I helped you, return me the favor will you?" he pleaded with me.

I groaned, "Fine, only because you did me a favor."

"Thank you!" he said happily.

"Okay then, this week will be eventful," I rolled my eyes.

He gave me tips and advice to act like a girlfriend. It was a bit awkward but I can try them.

He intertwined my hands with his, locking them into place and started to walk. They were warm, just perfect since mine were cold. Although, I felt awkward holding Jace's hand. We aren't even good friends yet. It's all for pretending. I exhaled again and we walked.

"Don't you have a class right now?" I wondered.

He nodded, "But its almost brunch time. Me and Chase get to go out early during second block."

"Didn't use any effort huh?"

"Nope."

We walked to the cafeteria and I got a cookie and a bottle of water. We sat down in a table, waiting for the others to show up.

They showed up and did their casual ways but with suspicious looks on their faces.

In the table there was me, Jace, Chase, Dalton, Chase, Mikaela, Janelle, and lastly Kale. Eight people in total.

"Scar! Guess what?" Janelle asked me excitedly.

"What?"

"I'm going to the Dance with Dalton! Isn't that great?" she said squealing.

I gave the both of them a light smile. "That's great!" I said in a bit happy voice.

"You, Megan, and me will go shopping today after school for dresses!" she exclaimed.

Megan squealed, Janelle did too and I just nodded.

"Pick a pretty dress for my girl will ya?" Jace asked Janelle. She nodded and smiled brightly at me.

I glared at Jace who simply shrugged, "You shouldn't have said that!"

"Why not?" he asked, smiling.

"These two are shopaholics!" I whispered at him.

I looked at Dalton, then Chase, then Zale. They are the only ones frowning. "I'm going to put some of my books at my locker," I excused myself.

"If you're about to leave and I'm there, give me a hug with a kiss on the cheek or just either one," he suggested. What he said was in my head.

I rose up from my chair and remember what Jace told me. I awkwardly hugged him. I left with that and went to my locker.

It was after school now and everyone met up with each other at the entrance of the school. Jace gave me a small hug and peck at my cheek. Awkward big time. I looked over to Janelle who gave Dalton a peck on the lips and hugged him passionately. I looked away quickly.

Megan, Janelle, and I took Janelle's car and we went for a shopping trip. Although, I'm not into this type of things, I'm willing to try it. For once though.

We drove off from the school into the open road. Janelle put on the radio loudly and we sang along to the songs. We used to do this when Janelle didn't move, and now she's back; we get to do this again.

I don't know what we will encounter once we get to the stores. I'm with two shopaholics. I've got to ready myself. I gulped. We set off to find the stores.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 344 36
"If you loved me, I wouldn't be a secret." °•°•°•° Paige is the luckiest girl in the world...according to her and maybe every girl in Bishop High-tha...
1.5K 106 21
Aurora, 17 years old, she is stunningly beautiful, and pure, she's hot tempered and strong willed. Guys lined up for her attention, girls envied her...
210K 7.9K 105
Previously known as Knew It (A peaceful nightmare) Highest-ranking- #2 in teenfiction - #1 sadness Love is a game, wan...
1M 35.7K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...