The CoDas: Reboot [By Hex]

By FakerHex

"It was never his decision to be born into a world full of suffering but now that he is here, he will roar ti... More

All Rights Reserved + Disclaimers
Prologue
Chapter 1 : Vision Of The Unknown Oath
Chapter 2: City of Gothenburg
Chapter 3 : Inception
Chapter 4 : Adrift
Chapter 5 : The Awakening
Chapter 6 : False Concussion
Chapter 7 : Night Walk
Chapter 8 : Resolution
The Lore and Lesson: Welcome to the world of CoDas
Chapter 9 : Strange Eyes
Chapter 10 : Illusions of the Frost Part 1
Chapter 11 : Illusions of the Frost part 2
Chapter 12 : The Breakdown
Chapter 13 : Faker
Chapter 14: Unrest
Chapter 16: Burden
Chapter 17 : Phase of Separation
Chapter 18 : From the Outside
Chapter 19: From B to A
Lore & Lesson : Faker and Phases
Chapter 20 : Family
Chapter 21 : First Dawn
Chapter 22 : Skyfall
Chapter 23 - Hatchling
Chapter 24 - Storm and Chains
Chapter 25 - Dread
Chapter 26 : Phobia Virus
Chapter 27 : Dual Pulse
Chapter 28 - The Morbid Rabbit
Chapter 29 : Blame
Lore and Lesson : Souls and Ranks
Chapter 30: Tatuwwar
Chapter 31 : Kindred
Chapter 32: Recognition
Chapter 33: Vociferation
Chapter 34: Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Chapter 35: Exposure
Chapter 36: Sin is Freedom
Chapter 37: And Freedom is Sin
Chapter 38 - Blessing
Chapter 39 - Stagger
Chapter 40: Torn
Chapter 41: Method to My Madness
Chapter 42: Dummy
Chapter 43: Ekkert Partý án Blóðs
Chapter 44: Guardian
Chapter 45: Minimum
Chapter 46: Forced
Lore and Lesson: Exalted
2 Year Anniversary [2018] (Q&A)
Feedback/Fixes

Chapter 15 : Remembrance

256 28 23
By FakerHex

After what had happened last night, I was finally able to learn who I really was; what my purpose truly was. When Zack woke me up in my temporary hotel room, we ate breakfast and waited until my school day ended. It was a sunny day; a little windy, but bright. We headed out and started walking to my house. There wasn't much Zack and I talked about, aside from the usual greeting and occasionally asking some questions from my side.

Zack told me that he'd simply be spectating me until the time I become separated from my real body. Last night, I came to the terms that if I am going to be separated, I'll have to use the time I have left to spend my last moments with my uncle. The question was, what would I do? I could just stay home; chat with my uncle and have a cup of tea like a British wannabe, or I could go outside and do some activities.

However, I could not tell.

We walked all the way; from the streets to the city; to the terminal and finally up the hills where my house was located. It felt like there were butterflies in my stomach. It tightened and gave me a nauseating feeling. Was it a sign of my body separating, or was it just nervousness?

I could not tell.

I trudged up the stairs and stood in front of the door; breathing in deeply and letting it all out. I grab the door handle and twisted it opened. Zack was out of sight by the time I entered, but I was pretty sure he was watching beside me; either he was using his illusion ability, or perhaps he was in the Color Lens.

I could not tell.

I heard my uncle greet us from the living room, "salam, Nathan. How was your day at school?"

I returned the greeting, trying to give a sense of joy in my voice, "wasalam, Uncle. School was alright as always."

"That's good to know!" he replied.

I stroll up to the living room, noticing that the Holo-Vision (HV) was on, displaying the news and weather channel. The fruity blue screen and orange sunlight shining down from the window mixed into the room, making the lighting abstract. My uncle was working on his tablet, perhaps doing some work regarding his career as a police officer. I gestured my hand towards the screen; HV detected my hand movement as I stretched my left hand out a little and lowered it. The loud volume coming from the HV lowers into just mild background sounds.

My uncle realized the sudden change in volume and looked at me as I sat on the couch near him. "Is there something wrong, Nathan?" he asked out of concern.

I took a deep breath and replied, "Uncle... H-How have you been feeling?"

Kello raised an eyebrow, answering, "Um, I've been feeling fine. Thanks for asking. What about you?"

"Fine... I'm fine..."

Silence came between us for a brief moment. He looked at me, curved his lips, then went back on his tablet. "Take your time..." he calmly reassured.

I paused, grateful for his patience, I took a deep breath and spoke, twiddling my thumbs, "Uncle..."

"Yes, Nathan?"

I glanced outside, seeing that the clouds were clearing up; an idea comes into my mind. "Do you have time to go on a walk with me to that place again? And if possible, can you do it today?"

"Huh?" he replied, turning his gaze away from his tablet. "Well, I don't have much paperwork to do, but why would you want us to go now?"

"Well, it's Friday; the sky is clear and we can see a beautiful sunset if we make it to that place. Plus, I wanted to spend some quality time with you since we haven't done that in a while."

Kello looked outside; his hand ran through his dark brown and gray hair, giving out a sigh. "Alright then," he admitted, standing up and placing the tablet beside him.

I swore I could have felt my grin widening so much, that it could have snapped off my face. "Okay, I'll get ready," I smirked as I ran upstairs to my room.

Entering my room, I saw that all my belongings were left exactly where they were last night, it gave a reassuring feeling that it was all real. I went to my table to look through some things for the walk. One thing caught my eye; among the pile of trinkets and equipment in my drawers, I found a recognizable picture. The sunset was magical, with a purplish-orange texture upon the clouds; the grass colored over the sunset. In the picture, I could see my younger self with my dad, running across the grass fields. It's a forgotten memory now; I can barely remember much of it. However, my uncle was there too, to take the photo.

My uncle told me numerous things about my parents; especially my father, Dahak Tetrola, who happened to be a man of many things. He was an engineer on multiple subjects such as auto-mobile vehicular machinery and cybernetics, but he, later on, became a part of the police task force, and eventually a soldier in the army. As of now, he is still servicing the army of Arabia.

My mother, Ambra Tetrola, on the other hand, was an artist; great in making crafts out of multiple materials. She has created jewelry ranging from necklaces with rare gemstones to ear-rings with intricate designs. However, my mother left me to my father's hands, and my father left it to my uncle, years later. I didn't really know where they were, but they hadn't been able to be contacted by my uncle for a long time.

Personally, I've felt like the bond with my parents had become non-existent; I felt a more fatherly bond with my uncle than I did with my actual father at the time.

I gave out a little sigh, wondering where my parents were. I fell down on my bed, thinking. Numbness swept in for a second; my eyes began to blur. I rubbed my head as I then looked at my left hand; the symbol appeared for a brief moment, blinking. It stopped and disappeared, and so did the numbness.

My eyes widened; I took in a deep breath, and processed what had just happened. I looked at my picture and pulled out of the frame. I scanned it on my personal printer. I created a copy of the photo and placed the copy back in the frame before calling out, quietly, "Zack, you there?"

After a silence, he replied, "yeah what is it?" He was still invisible.

I showed the picture and then said, "can you keep this with you, just in case?"

I stood there as Zack snatched the paper out of thin air and made it disappear.

"If you want to take any other belonging with you, just snap your fingers and I'll pickpocket the stuff you have on you."

I chuckled a little, "I didn't know you were good at thievery. Well, at least it'll come to use now..."

"...You can feel it, can't you?" Zack spoke out.

"Yeah...I felt my head become numb for a moment." I looked at my hand.

"That's odd, it's too soon," Zack spoke, with a little hum afterward.

"Yeah, I know...But what's done is done. There's nothing I can do about it," I replied, walking downstairs.

I saw my uncle wearing his jacket, carrying his bag behind his back. I guess we were going to stay there for awhile.

"You ready to go?" my uncle asked.

I got my jacket and checked for anything I missed in my pocket.

"Yeah, I'm good," I said as I headed out the door.

_______________________

To Be Continued

_______________________

Thank you all for being patient enough to wait for this next chapter. I was at a semi-Writers Block for a moment but I think I have broken the nuisance for good. 

Credits to-

Image 1 - Hjalmar Wåhlin, "Heaven At Last"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

717 22 28
HIGHEST RANKING: 303 IN SCIENCE FICTION Isaac Crowley is your average 15 year old boy. He is a sophomore in high school, plays sports, and hangs out...
32.9K 1.4K 49
He came into my world like a hurricane, unpredictable, dangerous and out of control, destroying everything I had built in his wake. There would be no...
254 16 8
This story is DISCONTINUED, I have initially kept it in secret but after some years decided to bring it back so that people and have a laugh and crin...
419 30 28
{Completed Story} - *Do Not Build Upon or Write anything related to this book please!* ~ Cringe Warning! !First Finished Book! ~ A young 14 year old...