Flight 21

By shainamason

Avery Quinton is a rebel. So when she gets expelled from her fourth boarding school her parents decide it's t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 8

162K 1.6K 153
By shainamason

Okay just to clear things up you, some of guys got confused with who Hadrian is and that will be answered in this chapter. Also keep going with the charactor casting and at the end of the chapter i'll tell you who people want.

Also there will be an important note at the end so remember to read that. . .

ENJOY

“Hadrian?” the figure repeated. By now the redness in his eyes faded to a piercing blue colour. The boy tilted his head trying to look at Trent through the darkness. He must have recognized something about Trent because his face lightened and a small grin formed on his lips. “It is you, isn’t it?”  

I watched Trent’s expression change from his deathly glare to a wide eyed look. He glanced back at me quickly then moved his eyes abruptly to the strangers. He met the eyes of the boy and nodded towards to the door. With a slight nod the boy left the room to the aisle behind me.

As he passed us, he finally seemed to have acknowledged me and gave me a grin. And if it weren’t for the bad lighting I could have sworn he winked at me. He passed through the curtain and disappeared through.

“Wait here would you,” Trent said from in front of me turning around. His tone was more as a demand then a request. He looked at me once more before heading around me to the curtain.

“Wait,” I said finally finding my voice. But to my utter annoyance I sounded more desperate than commanding. He spun around giving me an amused smiling but not saying anything. “Where are you going?” I asked quietly making sure the stranger couldn’t hear me.

“He can hear you no matter how quiet you are, you know. So there’s absolutely no point in talking so quietly,” he said before quickly adding, “Oh. And where I’m going? I thought it was pretty obvious considering I told the other guy to leave the room and then I head out of the room after him,” he said recounting the events.

Yup. This is the Trent I remember. The Trent who I actually had a decent conversation with on the way here was completely fake. Same with the Trent who tried to save me when I screamed. I should probably understand that by now but it always takes me by surprise. Jerk Trent is back.

“Well in that case I’m sorry,” I said rolling my eyes though it was probably too dark for him to see, “I forget you’re probably not smart enough to realize what I’m asking. Let me be a little more straight forward.” Before I could continue a bark of laughter came from behind the curtain causing me to jump. Trent glared at the source.   

“Anyways,” I said ignoring the laughter, “what I meant was, what are you going to do, to, um . . . the, uh, guy?” I said pointing to the curtain where the boy probably stood behind. I wasn’t exactly sure what to call the boy but Trent probably understood me anyway.

“Well, considering that ‘guy’ is right behind the curtain I think you’re being a bit too straight forward. And I’m not gonna do anything exactly. Just talk to him. Nothing more,” he said shrugging.

“Well then why can’t I come with you,” I asked sceptically. I stared at into his dark eyes not wanting to be the first one to break contact. His face was somewhat grim and he looked more serious than I had ever noticed.

“Just let me talk to him. I won’t do anything and I won’t hurt him. You can trust me Avery,” he sighed, relaxing his sharp features. “And on this island, I think I might be the only one you can actually trust.”

“You’re only going to talk to him,” I clarified unbelievingly. “Then give me an actual reason why I should trust you and let you talk to him alone.” I crossed my arms waiting for the lies to pour out of him. I expected this from Trent. Or Hadrian. Whatever his name really was.

“Why you should trust me? I’ve saved your life more than enough times and you don’t trust me?” he asked incredulously. “I’ve done so much for you that you’ll never know and you don’t trust me? I’m just trying to protect you,” he said shaking his head, “you don’t have to believe it but it’s true.”

“You’re right,” I said as I watched him raise his eyebrow. “I don’t believe it and I don’t trust you. You lie so much and you should really stop because you suck at it.” Trent closed his eyes. He put his arms behind his head and tried to think.

I tried to differentiate where his hair started and where the darkness ended but he blended into the background. Only his pale skin was visible. He was covered in blood from moving the bodies. It dripped from his chest but I didn’t really notice. He still wasn’t wearing a shirt either so I could see his chest slowly rising and falling gently.

Sighing, I ran my hands through my tangled hair waiting for him to speak. My body was cold at the moment. The weather was so different than it was before in the daytime. The nights on this island were freezing and caused me to shiver.

“Alright,” he said finally, “I’ll tell you whatever you want to know. Anything you think I’m lying about you can get your answers to.” He opened his eyes and looked directly into mine. He sounded sincere but with Trent you really can’t tell for sure.

 I knew better than to fully trust Trent now, but he always wins these arguments. I know I’m not getting answers from him. He can say he’ll tell me but he won’t. And I know it. The only reason he’s saying he will tell me is to make me let him talk to this guy.

Even if I say he can’t go and talk to this new guy, he’ll go anyways. I could always follow him but what then. He’ll probably find a way to talk to the guy when I’m not around. He doesn’t need my permission and he knows it. This conversation is useless. 

Maybe and only maybe, I can get this new guy alone. He may be able to answer my questions. He seemed to know Trent. Well, I should say Hadrian in this case. But maybe this blonde guy can tell me who Hadrian is and who Trent is. And he might be able to tell me how he’s been able to save my life so many times and deny it.

“You know what, just go,” I sighed annoyed. “You won’t tell me anything and we both know it. And you’ll just find a ways to talk to this guy later on even if I say you can’t go. Just go. But if you take too long I will follow you and you know it.”

“Well Avery, I’m glad you finally see it my way,” he said with a small smirk. “You finally see that I’m right, as usual. You know this fight was useless. We both knew I would win and really you didn’t even have to—“

“Just shut-up already and go,” I said irritated. He didn’t to rub it in, but then again, I knew he would. “I’m losing brain cells listening to you talk and well, your voice annoys me. So go annoy someone else. Here’s an idea,” I said pretending to look happy, “why don’t you talk to that guy behind the curtain. Maybe you can ask him how he got here and everything. That seems like such a good idea,” I said as sarcastically as I could. “You know Trent you should have thought of going to talk to him yourself. Why do I always come up with the good ideas?” 

He rolled his eyes at me and scowled causing me to smile. “I think you might be right Avery. I will go talk to him. Hopefully you can stay here by yourself. With all the bodies in the other aisle, maybe you’ll see a zombie like you were talking about earlier. You can do that right,” he said with a sly smile as he saw me pale.

“Well have fun Avery,” he said heading for the curtains. He opened the corner where I made out the figure of the new guy behind them.

“Have fun yourself Hadrian,” I said passing him a glare. He stopped in his tracks and turned his head to look over his shoulder. He looked at me for a moment with a surprised look before smirking and winking before he left, throwing the curtain over himself.

What is these guys and winking at me. First that blonde guy and then Trent. What is up with that? Guys just make no sense. First there all serious then there winking at you. Apparently that’s normal for guys. . .

Stupid Trent. Always trying to scare me. And the sad thing about that is, it always worked. I really hope he was kidding about the zombie thing but just to be on the safe side I looked around a few times.

I sighed and collapsed into one of the less blood stained chairs. This is absolutely disgusting and revolting but as long as I’m in this situation, what can I do. I looked around to observe the surroundings of the room.

There were wires sticking out from places, the carpet and seats were stained dark, cracks covered the ceiling and floor and there were suitcases and bags littered on the floor. All in all I actually expected worse. But then again, Trent already moved the bodies so I guess it was worse. I can’t believe Trent even touched those dead bodies.

I wonder what they’re talking about behind the curtain, I thought absently. I couldn’t hear any voices so they obviously didn’t want me to hear anything. I shivered slightly from a faint chill. Why was it so cold at night?

I curled up onto the seat and pulled my legs to my chest. Well that explains the cold. I’m still wearing my bikini. That also explains the winking Trent and that other guy were giving me. You’d think the guys would have something else on their minds, like the fact that we’re stuck on a freakin island. But no. Guys will be guys. Stupid obnoxious annoying guys.

Slowly I rose from the seat and stretched. I wonder what’s taking them so long. What could they possibly have to talk about other then how to get off this island. Maybe I could check on what they were talking about. It wouldn’t hurt anyone.

I silently tiptoed to the curtain and tried to listen to what they were saying. All I could hear was the howl of the rough winds hitting the side of the plane. Why weren’t they talking? I peered through the side of the curtain looking for them and saw nothing. Pulling aside the curtain I saw they weren’t even there.

“Trent! Wherever you are, you are so dead!” I screamed. I can’t believe they ditched me! “You are a total idiot! And a jerk and an asshole and a whole lot of other things too!” That stupid asshole left me in the jungle by myself again! Who does he think he is? Did he really think I’d spy on his conversation? Well, I did, but he didn’t need to leave me in the jungle!

“Stupid, unreliable, ditching jerk,” I muttered scowling. I can’t believe he left me. Again! After all we’ve been through he should know I shouldn’t be left alone, ever. I mean the last time he wasn’t with me I almost died!

 “And he wonders why I don’t trust him,” I said rolling my eyes. “And right now, I barely like him.” I stomped into the small room through the thin curtain. No sign of anyone. I fumed again and walked towards the exit. They better hope I don’t find them because I will seriously kill them. Even that blonde guy because he was an accomplice in this.

The first thing I saw was the shimmering room in the sky as I walked out the ripped out door. It bounced off the white sand lingering on each grain. It seemed so peaceful out here. The only thing wrong with this scene was the giant plane on the white beach.

I seemed so out of place. Everything on this island was probably perfect before the crash of Flight 21. Now there was a plane in the middle of the shore and half in the water.

On the outskirts of the beach the tall trees ran up to the sky. The clouds were thin and covered pieces of the sky and the moon was in a perfect crescent. I was never a naturalist but this was absolutely beautiful.

The wind hit my body and I shivered continuously. How can it be so cold at night, when in the morning it’s so hot? This island really doesn’t make sense, and if I stay out here any longer I’m probably going to catch a fever.

As I glanced back to the door, I noticed a series of footprints in the sand leading to the outskirts where the trees stood. Wow, these guys are stupid. If they didn’t want me around they shouldn’t have left evidence for me to follow them.

Well, I could go after them, I thought, or I could just stay here till the morning and yell at Trent then. Yeah, right now that seemed like the better idea. I just want to go to sleep right now. And later when Trent gets back I can yell at him. That seems like a good enough idea. I smiled at that.

I yawned and stretched my arms over my head. I wonder where I could fall asleep. I could always sleep on those plane seats. When I’m usually on a plane I take up like 3 seats and sleep on them so I’ll just do that.  

I turned on my heels and headed through the door of the broken plane. So much has happened and this is only day 2. Trent saved me twice, we met some random blonde guy, who is somewhat attractive and now they both ran off and ditched me.

Yeah, Trent is so dead in the morning.  

READ THIS------------------------------------------------

Okay to my fans, I am super sorry for the long delay on updates but I had so much work to do. I just moved and my mom went to visit her family and will be back in a week and school just started. Yeah things have been really packed. 

Also, I needed a break because this is seeming more like I have to write and less of me wanting to. It was oo much work and I needed some time off. But now I'm back and I'll try updating soon. 

If you liked the chapter please vote and l'll try uploading soon <3

Also for casting, alot of people said Chase Crawford or Ian Somerhalder or Gaspard Ulliel as Trent/Hadrian.

And for Avery Nina Dobrev or Hayden Penitierre or Rachel Bilson

Keep commenting about the cast and i'll try to pick soon.

And I'll try to upload soon.

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN 

Continue Reading