Affliction

By dovato

SEQUEL TO "TORN" Wilmer. Demi. Annie. Family. It took Annie one year to accept, befriend, trust, and love her... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46

17

2.5K 148 39
By dovato

Annie

Hours have gone by since we found out Wilmer wasn't my biological father. Faking my happiness was the hardest part and it sucks it took me this long to realize how badly I wanted that test to be positive.

I was pissed that he didn't come get me out of that hell hole of an adoption center. I wasn't pissed he was my dad. I felt like I was finally a step closer to a normal family.

My problem is I tend to overreact situations and I don't realize how bad I actually want something until it's too late. I seriously do that with everything. Fuck. When he said it was negative, my heart fell to my feet but I had to pretend like it didn't faze me. I had to say okay, and run up to my room, stare at a ceiling and wonder why things don't work out.

"Annie Marie!" I heard Demi yell, storming up the stairs. Oh no. Whatever I did wrong, i'm sure I wont hear the end of it.

My door swung open and sure enough an angry Demi appeared. "I just checked your grades... a D- in Chemistry?! Really?"

Oh fuck. I totally forgot about that.. Who knew she actually checked my grades still? "Mom.. i'll fix it."

She scoffed. "Grading period is almost over. It's either grounded for a month, tutor, or public school."

"Mom!" I groaned. "Please just give me some time. I promise i'll bring it up!"

"You should've came to me a long time ago. You're failing tests and not turning in homework. Is online schooling not for you?" Demi asked, crossing her arms. "You're usually a straight A student."

The truth is, Chemistry is hard. It's super difficult... But it's even more difficult when you don't do the work. Usually school subjects come naturally for me, but chemistry does not. If I actually did my homework, I'd be getting an A. But I'm definitely not getting grounded or getting a tutor or going to public school.

"Just give me one more chance!" I begged, thinking of anything I could say to make her change her mind.

"No." She demanded. "Pick one of the three. Now."

I rolled my eyes, ready to chuck a pillow at her face. "Tutor."

"Great." She fake smiled, puling her phone out of her back pocket. "I'll call now."

"I swear you wake up every morning just to ruin my life." I whined, clenching my fists. I wish she would just leave me alone.

"Yeah," she rolled her eyes. "You have it so rough."

I waited until she walked out of my room to sink my face into a pillow and scream into it. I don't want a fucking tutor. I don't want to think about school or the future. I mean I have all A's and one D-.. that can't hurt too bad, right? Whatever. I'm pissed and exhausted from a full day of being handcuffed to Wilmer. I'm going to bed.

•••••

"Annie.. Annie, wake up." I heard Demi repeat whilst shaking my body back and fourth.

"What?" I mumbled, trying to open up my tired eyes. I finally pried them open and saw the alarm clock read almost 9. You have got to be fucking kidding me. "What is so important that you wake me up at 8:45 on winter break?!"

"Your first day of tutoring.. " Demi said. "Come on, get up."

"You're fucking kidding me!" I snapped, pulling the covers over my head. "Tutoring on break? Have you lost your mind?"

"Annie, i'm being serious. Get the hell up now." Demi commanded.

There's no way she's getting me out of bed this early. Especially for tutoring that I don't need. She can fuck off anytime now.

I thought she had come to her senses. Maybe had already left my room to go downstairs and fix me up a burnt apology breakfast. That was definitely not the case. Before I knew it, her hands were wrapped around my ankles, pulling me out of bed.

I grasped around trying to find something to hold onto, but it was no use. She overpowered me and I landed on the cold hardware floor with a thud.

"You're fucking nuts." I furiously jumped to my feet and quickly transported into my closet.

"Be down in ten or it's a grounding and public school." She said, then dismissed herself.

I would pay money to see the grades she got in high school. Cocaine and vodka can only take you so far. Okay, I shouldn't joke about that. I take it back.

What do you wear to tutoring? Sweatpants and a t-shirt it is.

Now, I take my time walking down the long hallway lined with framed photographs of our family. I never really stopped and examined them, but today I will make an exception. Eventually, I reached the stairs and I really did have to take my time walking down them because of my booted foot.

"Annie, I am not joking! Get your ass down here right now!" Demi yelled from somewhere downstairs.

I rolled my eyes once i reached the bottom step. I think i'm making pretty good time considering I wan't to go back to bed and stay there forever.

I could see Demi in the kitchen burning a hole through my head with her eyes. I can tell the following days of tutoring will be super fun.

"Did you even brush your hair?" Demi asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Nope." I said, hopping up on the island stool as she pushed forward my bowl of cereal. Even when she hates me, she still feeds me. That's true mother daughter love right there.

"You sure do know how to make a first impression." She said sarcastically.

I had to shove a big spoon full of cereal in my mouth so I wouldn't come back at her with a bitchy comment.

"Fuck, come on, we have to go!" Demi said, swiping her keys off the counter and basically sprinting to the door.

Well, I guess that's all the cereal I get this morning. I set the spoon in the bowl, then followed my crazy ass mother out the door. She's already in the car and has it started.. I'm expecting a burnout when I get in the car.

"You are purposely going slow this morning just to piss me off!" Demi frowned, throwing the car in reverse.

"Easy killer. If you want me to go to tutoring you have to get me there without killing me first." I snapped my seat belt in and gazed out the window where subdivision houses are literally flying by.

"Seriously, I didn't take that PTSD medicine this morning and with your driving, i'm about to relive the whole thing."

Demi stomped on the breaks, sending me lurching into the dash. My arms crashed my fall and my head is, not joking, a centimeter away from the dash board. "You didn't take your medicine?! We have to go back!"

"You're fucking psycho!" I yelled, sitting back. "You could've killed me!"

"Sorry, baby girl." Demi softened, and inspected my face for wounds. She quickly hardened back up. "Why didn't you take it?!"

"If you don't recall, I was a little rushed this morning."

"Whatever, I have to get you there. You're taking it as soon as we get back." Demi decided, taking off in a mad dash once again.

Fifteen minutes later, Demi fastly approached the building. I mumbled a few choice of words under my breath as I got out of the car.

"Wait!" Demi said just as I was about to shut the door. "I love you, Annie. I'll be right here when you're done."

Even though i'm pissed off at her beyond words, she's still my best friend and it's comforting to hear her say she'll be there. Truthfully, thing's like this make me nervous. "I love you too."

I lonesomely walked into the building and approached a piece of paper taped to the door. It read English room down the hall to the right, Mathematics on the south side.. I skimmed the list until it read Chemistry on the left.

I took a big breath before opening the door and stepping into the building. The hallway reeks of school and judgemental ass bitches. Also known as public school. This technically isn't school though, right? Just trying to settle my nerves.

I walked a few feet before already coming upon the Chemistry room. Here goes nothing. I swung the door open, and to my surprise the teacher was sitting at his desk, talking to only one student sitting in the empty desks. Only one person was here other than me. What the actual fuck.

"Miss Lovato, you're late." The guy whom's name tag reads Mr. Grayson said.

"I'm so sorry." I frowned, taking a seat not too far away from the other boy in the class.

"As I was explaining before, you two have something in common." The old man laughed. Why the hell am I here. "Both of you are superior students, but lack submitting homework. Both of your parents main concern was bringing your grade up, so considering both of you don't actually need tutoring, your class time will be filled with labs."

I mentally punched myself in the face over and over again. I hate labs with a passion.

"You two should probably introduce yourself to each other because you'll be spending a lot of time together. You both can head back to the lab tables back there."

I sighed, standing from my seat. I've never been good with new people. I get so nervous and fear they won't like me or something.

As I came up to the table, I finally looked at the other student. He was tall with dark hair and actually really, really, good looking. My knees are buckling under me.

"I'm Jacob." He gave a sheepish grin and held out his hand.

"Annie." I smiled, holding onto his hand and shook it a time or two.

"Today, you will be learning about why kernels pop to make popcorn!" Mr. Grayson smiled. Yeah, today is going to be a long, long day.

••••

Most of the two hours were spent laughing at each other trying to scientifically come up with why kernels pop. The other time was spent joking around about what Mr. Grayson does in his free time.

I know I absolutely dreaded tutoring, but Jacob makes it a bit more bearable. In the end, we just googled why kernels pop and pretended we came up with it from our knowledge and chemistry books.

"I'm impressed, you two!" Mr. Grayson clapped, examining our lab paper. "You guys can do whatever for the last fifteen minutes."

"Wow.." Jacob laughed as the teacher walked away. "That was rough."

I agreed, laughing along. Then my stomach growled which is embarrassing. "Sorry, i'm hungry."

"Me too! I could go for some pizza rolls right now." He sighed, patting his stomach.

I smiled, and shook my head. "So, where do you go to school?"

"I'm home schooled." He explained. "I'm an actor. Well, i'm trying."

"Oh! Cool." I said. "Have you ever been casted before?"

"I've casted guest rolls in like Hannah Montana, iCarly, like a bunch of Disney shows I guess. But, there's this audition to play Adam Sandler's son and I want it so bad. I just need a new acting coach.. Mine kind of went to shit."

I laughed at the last part before a light bulb went off. "Hey, my Aunt is an awesome acting coach! She coaches the most amazing teenagers ever."

"Really?" He perked up, "Do you think she could coach me?"

"Of course. Her name is Dallas... Do you want her number?"

"Yeah!" He said, pulling out his phone, as did I.

I scrolled through my contacts and gave him Dallas's business number.

"Thank you so much." He smiled, putting his phone back up. "So, where do you go to school?"

"I do online schooling." I said. "So, basically i'm home schooled."

"Oh, cool." He smiled. "My mom was a teacher for a few years so she home schools me."

"I don't think my mom could teach me to save her life." It came out as a joke, but it wasn't.

"You seem very confident about that." He said it with a straight face, then we both started laughing about that horrible pun he made.  "Bad joke?"

"Kind of." I laughed, then kind of brushed it off. "I should've known you would know who I was."

"Yeah, I knew as soon as you walked in." He shrugged. "Your mom seems so dope."

I actually felt relieved to be talking to someone who didn't know who I was or who my parents were. He just ruined that. The only reason he's probably even talking to me is because he know's who my mom is. That's how things usually work out, isn't it?

Demi's POV

I had only been waiting ten minutes before Annie walked out of the building with a boy. A very attractive boy I might add. I watched as he bid her a goodbye and they went their separate ways.

"Who is that?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows up and down.

"Jacob. My lab partner." She mumbled, buckling her seat belt.

Uh oh. She was no longer pissed off necessarily, but now she's kind of.. Sad. So, I decided to drop the subject for now.

The whole car ride was so silent besides the radio that was on low volume. I'm not sure if she's exhausted from getting up early and tutoring or if she's still upset with me. I don't know.

"Yell at me or something!" I half joked, sneaking a glance at the beauty in the passenger seat.

"What?"

"You haven't talked the whole time and that's not like you. What's wrong?" I asked.

Silence.

"Wanna snuggle and watch Netflix?" I suggested knowing that's always the way to her heart.

"No."

Oh. "I thought we were best friends." I tried the sympathy card.

"We're not."

"What are you talking about?" I scoffed.

"Just leave me alone." She mumbled as we were growing close to our home.

"You know someone else could have adopted you. Anyone. But instead, I did. For years now everything I do is for you. To provide for you. To make you happy. We're best friends. So what I made you go to tutoring? That's absolutely nothing. Some kids wish they could go to tutoring."

"I wish someone else had adopted me." Annie spat as we pulled into the driveway. "Someone who isn't famous so I can actually meet people who talk to me not just because Demi Lovato is my mom."

My heart dropped. "You don't mean that."

"I do." Annie cried, jumping out of the car. "I wish I had never met you."

I get an unnecessary amount of hate a day on social media, but nothing will ever compare to how bad Annie's words just hurt me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay I know you guys don't like it when Annie gets a boyfriend (I remember from Torn) because it takes away Demi and Annie time but Jacob is in this for a very important reason!!! trust me!! he's in this to give you guys the interesting stuff you've wanted

Please please comment what you want to see next!!! Comments are basically my fav part about posting chapters

Also, leave a comment about why you think Jacob is in the story!

Thanks for reading I love all of you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 5.9K 65
Rebecca James, your average in middle school girl, well kinda. Rebecca is 15 she doesn't have a mom, she has a dad. An abusive dad, her dad is rich b...
75.6K 3.3K 15
Watch as Demi and Wilmer try and celebrate the birth of their twin babies, while trying to mourn the suicide of their eldest daughter, Izzy. This is...
112K 3K 51
Six years ago, a toddler and her baby sister were orphaned after their parents died in a car crash. Lillian and Neveah were left with their uncle who...
118K 3.6K 53
Demi and Wilmer have been married for four years but when everything begins to go wrong can they pull themselves together or will it break them.