Silk

By silklove

Silk Andreas has spent her entire life proving herself to others, and she has finally made it to Hell Fire bo... More

Silk
Chapter One - Forces
Chapter Two - Revelations
Chapter Three - Deal
Chapter Four - Bonding
Chapter Five - Shock
Chapter Six - Focus
Chapter Seven - Determination
Chapter Eight - Round One
Chapter Ten - Together
Chapter Eleven - Surprised?
Chapter Thirteen - Seeing Red
Chapter Fourteen - Holding Back
Chapter Fifteen - Chance
Chapter Sixteen - Crystal Clear
Chapter Seventeen - Boy Scouts
Chapter Eighteen - Spark
Chapter Nineteen - Drama
Chapter Twenty - What's done is done
Chapter Twenty One - The one that saves you
Chapter Twenty Two - Anything For You
Chapter Twenty Three - Raincheck
Chapter Twenty Four - Twenty Four Seven
Chapter Twenty Five - Can't do us
Chapter Twenty Six - Heart to Heart
Chapter Twenty Seven- Family
Chapter Twenty Eight - Duct Tape
Chapter Twenty Nine - Dinner and a Show
Chapter Thirty - Burn
Chapter Thirty One - Champion
Epilogue
New book

Chapter Twelve - Trust

2.8K 99 14
By silklove

Kaden's POV

I held Silk close to me, her gentle tears slowly coming to an end.

She pulled out of my embrace and sat on a log staring out at the moon's reflection on the lake.

"I am sorry I broke down like that. I'd be lying if I said I don't know what came over me. I was thinking about how perfect it was to have somewhere to share with you, when I remembered the last time this has happened"

She looks down at the dirt covered ground, another tear falling down her cheek.

I lifted her chin up gently, and wiped the tear away. She cleared her throat before continuing.

"I used to be just like you K, except a lot more into boxing. I loved heading to the gym, mainly because it was the only time I could spend just with my father. We planned to take on the boxing world together, just like we are now."

Her tears were falling more consistently now, and I wrapped my arms around her again, and she wiped her tears away.

"One day, my dad came racing into the gym, holding an envelope and he was bursting with excitement. It was an invitation to my first national title fight."

She trailed off and wiped all her tears away, pulling away from me briskly and tearing down the gravel path that lead us here.

I decided for now it was best to let her go.

_______________________________________________________________

Silk's POV

I am completely torn inside.

One part of me thinks that trusting Kaden with my past will help us move forward, but there is a large part of me that is screaming for me to protect myself, and trust no one, because when it all boils down, we only really have ourselves.

I head back to the dorm, grab a bag for the night and run towards the parking lot.

I slip the key into the car and turn it to ignition, not wasting any time.

I tear down the highway, as fast as I can.

Away from Hell Fire

Away from Kaden.

Away from facing my past.

I decide to check into a hotel for the night, and I come across a decent hotel, that appears to be family owned.

There is a young guy, about my age on the reception desk, and considering how late it is at night, and my appearance, I definitely shock him.

"Erm, hi can I help you?" He looks rather unsure of the situation, and bites his lower lip.

"I just need a room for the night" I speak softly, my normal confidence gone.

"Look, we are booked out for the night, there's a big boxing tournament nearby, and there are heaps of families and stuff staying here"

"Shit" I don't know what to do now, Hell Fire isn't exactly located in the city, and there isn't really anywhere else to go.

"Erm, I don't mean to be forward, but is there anywhere else for you to go tonight"

"No, not really"

"Oh, what was your name?"

"Silk" He raises his eyebrows and I have to restrain myself not to roll my eyes

"That's a nice name; Silk would you like to stay in the employee's lodge here?"

"Uh, are you sure that's alright?"

He smiles at me warmly, and I have this crazy feeling I can trust him.

"Yeah, Louise left last month, so you can stay in her room, I don't knock off til 1am, would you mind staying here till then?"

"That's fine. Thank you so much, I really need this right now"

He nods and fiddles with the computer in front of him.

"So, Silk, what's your story? What are you running from?" He doesn't look away from the computer and I don't know how to respond.

"I am not running from anything, Jake" I smirked at him, reading his name badge.

"So, you just are 3 hours from the closest major city, with nowhere else to go, for fun?"

I roll my eyes, damn that kid is good.

"Fine, you got me, but why should I tell you" I raise an eyebrow as a silent challenge, and Jake just chuckles.

"Let's put it this way, you will most likely be gone tomorrow, we are both strangers, and you could obviously use someone to talk to, so why not me?"

"It's not really important, someone pushed me too far, and I ran. It's what any normal person would do"

His playful demeanour suddenly turns serious, and he looks away from the computer screen, and for the first time, properly looks at me.

"Are you ok, nobody has hurt you? Did someone try and push you into doing....erm, something?" He blushes a little bit and waits for my response.

"No, no I am fine" He doesn't look convinced and I roll my eyes

"Nobody has laid a finger on me, if they did, they would be the ones running, not me"

"Feisty, I like it" He wiggles his eyebrows and I stand up and punch him playfully. Obviously it's not playful enough, because he yelps in pain.

"I am not feisty, I am a professional boxer"

"Oh, so you must be here for Hell Fire. I didn't know girls could be in that"

"They can't, I had to take legal action, and I am fighting two divisions below my correct placement"

He shakes his head. "That's terrible; you shouldn't be discriminated like that"

"You are telling me, I don't want to get started about how unfair life can be"

He laughs at this, and I smile in return, a real smile.

"Boss just texted me, my shift is now over, you coming?"

We both head out the door together; and he takes one of my bags.

"The employees lodge isn't much, but I think you will be fine"

"I'm not very fussy; I just wouldn't be able to sleep in my dorm tonight, thank you for this"

He unlocks the door and holds it open for me, and I step in to see a very plain living room and kitchen, with doors obviously leading to bedrooms and the bathroom.

Jake motions for me to follow him into one of the rooms; he switches the light on, and puts my bag down at the foot of the bed. It is a very basic bedroom, with just a single bed, side table and closet.

"Thank you Jake, this means so much"

I hug him gently, and he hugs straight back.

"I am going to watch TV, wanna join?"

He looks at me hopefully, and I immediately accept.

I am not ready to face my thoughts alone in that bedroom.

Jake switches the television on, and Family Guy pops up.

It's perfect for right now, easy watching with lots of laughter.

"You like Family Guy Jake?"

He smiles and laughs.

"My absolute favourite TV show"

We remain there for a couple of episodes, before Jake decides that we should get to sleep.

He kisses me on the cheek, and closes my bedroom door.

As I lay down, my mind is filled with thoughts of Kaden, and I try my hardest to push them out as I slowly drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapter!

Thanks again for whoever is reading!

Photo of Jake on the side >>> :P

Love, flowers and cute guys ;) 

MOL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 631 33
Callie has made a huge change in her life. She's given up everything she was used to for a brand new life. Traded in her job, her useless boyfriend a...
29 2 13
Amara Rose, the youngest and most sheltered Princess of Hell, is thrown into a world of chaos when she's framed for the murder of her mother and Quee...
289 0 33
Lauren gets a new neighbor who happens to be a coworker! What happens when they can't seem to stop fighting? Does that hate turn into love or will th...
5.8M 57.4K 33
Amy is a focused student and just wants to enjoy a care free senior year. Her family is fiercely over protective and she accepted years ago that boy...