Chapter Thirteen - Seeing Red

Silk’s POV

I was woken from my deep sleep by somebody shaking me.

I jumped up and swung my fist, but luckily for whoever was on the receiving end, they dodged it.

“Silk, calm down, it’s me, Jake. You know, Jake from the hotel?” I threw my head back to the pillow and ran my hands through my hair.

“Shit Jake, sorry, you scared the crap out of me” He just shook his head and laughed.

“Should have known better than to try and wake up a pro boxer. Speaking of, do you need to head back to Hell Fire?” I jerked by head up to look at the alarm clock on the side table.

9:06am

“Shit shit shit shit shit” I jumped out of the small bed, throwing Jake onto the floor in the process.

I grabbed my bags and realised I was still in my pyjamas.

“Bathrooms just there” Jake pointed at a door outside my room and I sprinted to it.

“Oh my god, Harry is going to kill me” I pulled my hair up once I got out of the bathroom, and found Jake sitting on the couch. He jumped up when he saw me coming.

“Uh, who’s Harry. Is he your….erm..” Jake trailed off, turning a bright shade of pink.

“Coach, he’s my coach” Jake’s eyes lit up a little and he took my bag out of my hand and walked me out to my car.

“Thank you so much Jake, do you want money or something. This really meant a lot to me”

“Erm, no that’s fine Silk, but could I get your number?” He smiles, and looks at the ground.

_________________________________________________________________

Kaden’s POV

I haven’t slept all night, and the bags under my eyes and the pounding in my head are a constant reminder that Silk hasn’t come back.

It scares me so much that she could just throw this away because I am such a dick to her.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I pull it out, praying that it will be from Silk.

Harry: I hope there is a good reason why you two didn’t show up for training. I would expect this from you Mitchells, but not Silk.

Damn, I don’t have time for this Harry. I don’t know what to do. As spineless as it sounds, I really want to talk to my mother.

I run towards the parking lot, and jump into my car, not wasting time as I start the car and speed down the highway.