Heartmine Destiny

By SecretMae

Heartmine Destiny is a romance that will awaken your need for love. Its based in the world of Willondove wher... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Thirteen

190 2 0
By SecretMae

                                                                Chapter Thirteen

            The next few days went by fast. To Antony it seemed Jasmine would not leave his side for one moment unless it was for a meeting with his father. He had only seen Willow a few times, but knew that Trevor, Alfonte, and Marilee were keeping her busy enough. The knights that were sent to the outside Kingdoms to spy were not back with any news. The tensioned thickened as the days without knowing who was behind the threat went by.

            After a discussion with his brother Antony realized that worrying about the possible battle all the time was useless. Trevor reminded him that their people had never lost a battle, and if it were up to them they never will. The cheerful notion Trevor passed on lifted Antony’s spirits some. A lifted spirit was needed if he was going to settle the marriage business. Each day his father reminded him that he needed to choose. He realized that Jasmine was keeping him busy for a reason, and he needed to get rid of her for a few days. Nothing came to mind until he got news that Jasmine had to return to her home for a few days to help her father. He knew that she would only be gone for the shortest time she could manage, but in this time he would have to make his choice. It was not that easy; he needed to remind Willow of how they once were.

            Dirt and stones scrunched under his feet as he walked Jasmine to the stables for her return home. The morning skies were clear, and no threat of rain or storm was in sight. Jasmine was carrying no baggage accept for a small sack thrown over her shoulder.Antony took that as a hint that she would be returning soon. Side by side they approached the fence gates that led to the horses.Antony stopped and opened the gate to let Jasmine enter first. Her horse was standing patiently near a stack of golden hay.

            “Excuse me, would you set the horse over there up to leave,”Antony asked one of the few workers walking to and from the barn.

            The worker nodded and went to retrieve a saddle.Antony glanced out of his peripheral vision to Jasmine. She looked quite nervous as she fiddled with her fingers.

            Antony thought she might be nervous to take the ride by herself. He thought to offer her a carriage with an escort, but she had refused when he asked her before they left for the stables. She insisted on riding the horse home herself.

            “Are you sure you are alright Jasmine,”Antony asked walked in front of her.

            She narrowed her eyes to look into his and smiled calmly, “I am fine.”

            Antony noticed that her body language did not make her appear calm, but her voice was cool and collected. “I am going to offer one last time. It is not too late for me to arrange a carriage for you.”

            “No, I just want some alone time. I think I need to become one with the natural things around me. You always told me to try to get closer to nature,” she smiled again attempting to make a point.

            Antony rested one of his thumbs inside the top of the belt that carried his sword and shifted his weight. “Yes, but you never listened before. I know that you prefer the finer things in life. Many times you reminded me throughout the years that carrying on in nature all the time is barbaric.”

            Her facial features twinge a bit at the reminder of her past words, “so it took a while for me to get the message.”

            The stable worker approached Antony who nearly doubled the boy’s size.           

            “The horse is prepared to be rode sir,” he spoke as he bowed.

            Antony looked down at the small boy who appeared to be around the age of 15 years. “Thank you,”Antony gave a genuine smile to the boy and patted him a few times on his back. The boy then scurried off to take care of his other work as Jasmine prepared to mount.

            “I will be back when my business at home is through. Now will you delight me with a kiss to last the next few days,” she spoke flirtatiously and reached forAntony’s hand.

            Antony kissed her lightly on the lips and she slowly mounted the horse.

            “Be safe on your ride,” he said as she began to ride off.

            At the castleWillow walked beside Trevor who was accompanying her to the Ocean’s beach. The water rushed to and from the sandy shore in a rhythmic motion. The waves sounded throughout the beach and gave a calming essence to everything. The warm wind blew across the water asWillow stood gazing out into the vast amount of Ocean. Trevor lingered behind a few feet and kept to himself.

            Deep insideWillow thought about her life and where she would be heading. Life seemed funny like that now days. Something good happens and then something else happens to complicate it. Just as the Ocean is beautiful, the water can drown you.Antony loved her, but she felt he loved the memory of Renedy. That was not good enough. Trevor appeared to be a polite and he was handsome just like his brother. However, he was obviously not ready to settle down. That last thought had brought a question to her mind. Was she herself ready to settle down?

            “I love the Ocean,” Trevor spoke from a few feet behind her.

            Willow turned around, “I do to and this is the first one I ever saw.”

            “Antony, Renedy, Jasmine and I use to come out here when we were younger. We would run up and down the edges of the water like it was a race to beat the waves,” Trevor smiled and lightly laughed at the memory.

            Willow felt a stab inside her stomach. She hated lying to people when she knew the truth. Time was approaching soon and everyone would know her true identity. She felt a rush of both fear and comfort in that thought.

            “Nice memory,” she smiled and turned forward.

            Trevor walked up next to her and stared out into the Ocean’s depth. “The sounds of the Ocean always put me in a mood,” he calmly stated.

            “What mood would that be,”Willow cracked a smile.

            Trevor laughed and shook his head, “darling if I have to tell you then you must have never felt it.”

            Willow ignored his last comment, “Mood or no mood it is a breathtaking spot.”

            “Yes, breathtaking it is,” he mumbled in a deep voice while looking at her.

            Deciding to change the subject he thought about Jasmine andAntony. “So what are your thoughts on Jasmine,” he asked,

            Willow shrugged her shoulders, “I am not sure yet, but I don’t think I admire her to much.”

            “Ay, I bet my brother has something to do with that,” he laughed.

            “Your brother has nothing to do with my feelings,” she cut back sharply.

            “Darling, on the contrary I do believe he does,” he laughed again and ran to a large shell that glistened pink and white. He put it up to his ear and listened.

            Willow approached him and on the spur of the moment caught him off guard. She tickled his sides and as his attention was on getting her to stop a wave came running in. It splashed half way up his legs as the foam of the Ocean floated around his knees. As he stood in the spot surprised for a moment he sent a large splash coming her way. It caught her, but she was nothing near how wet he was. She ran a ways back from the water and plopped on the sand. A few moments later he did the same.

            “Before you decided to be so rude,” he joked, “I was going to give you this.” He handed her the large shell that glistened with pink and white. She held it in her hands and rubbed her fingers across the groves of the outside.

            “What kind of shell is it,” she asked curiously.

            “I believe it is a Pontor shell, On Willondove the Pontor creature lives in these circular shells which protect them from getting eaten. They are quite nice creatures, but are a bit slug like.

            “I think on earth they would be considered close to the conch. Thank you for this. I will sit it on my bedside table.”

            On Willondove the ancient myth says if you listen closely in a quiet and peaceful place the spirit of the Pontor will tell you secrets,” he calmly explained.

            “Really?” she asked in disbelief, “this is a lovely gift and I shall treasure it.”

            “Ay, well a lovely gift for a lovely woman,” he said as he lightly groaned getting up. “Shall we go back to the castle? My stomach needs a mid-day snack.” Willow nodded and walked back to the castle with him with her shell in hand.  

            The dining hall was not very busy. Only a few were scattered throughout the room. Trevor andWillow sat at the far end of the head table as a kitchen worker brought out a pile of banana nut rolls.Willow began eating and loved the flavor of the roll. It tasted nutritious, tasty and just a bit sweet. As she and Trevor finished their first one they started in on a second and began to make small talk.

            Antony walked inside the dining hall to get a snack before he foundWillow, but when he saw her sitting with Trevor he stopped. The two were talking, laughing and eating. They appeared to be having a good time together. After a few minutes of deciding whether to interrupt he thought it would not matter and continued to where they were sitting.

            “Hello Trevor,Willow.”

            Trevor andWillow politely said hello back asAntony took a seat next toWillow. He noticed the Pontor shell sitting next toWillow’s plate and began wondering what they did for the first part of the day.

            “A Pontor shell, where did you find that,”Antony calmly asked as he grabbed a roll.

            “Trevor and I took a walk to the beach and he gave me the shell,”Willow politely answered as she finished her second roll not reaching for a third.

            “It is a nice shell, have you been keeping Trevor out of trouble,” he jokingly asked looking at Trevor.

            “Ay, trouble? I am too swift to be caught by such trouble,” Trevor wittingly jested back.

            “We have had a fun time today. Yesterday I spent a bit of time with Marilee helping her with some of her work. The day before Trevor and simply walked the grounds a bit. Boring really,” she attempted to joke.

            “Lovely spirited woman this one is. Brother it is to bad you are to marry Jasmine. If I was not such a ladies man I might have had to snatch up this little bird,” he stood and winked to his brother.Antony cracked a half smile and jokingly waved his brother off.

            Finally somewhat aloneAntony could get talk withWillow in peace. He did not know how to start, but knew the words had to be inside him somewhere. “Damn it,” he thought to himself, “remember when you use to be as sly, if not more, then your brother.” He had to gain his tongue and say something.

            “We never got our night out,” he finally spoke feeling silly that he being such a large man could be tongue tied.

            “No we didn’t,”Willow smiled watching him take a large bite of a second roll.

            “How about we leave right this minute? Jasmine is gone and I finally can have a moment to do whatever I wish without her following. I know of an old woman who has a beautiful garden. We use to go walking through it years ago. Afterward, I shall take you to dinner in the village. Then we shall go for a moonlit horseback ride.”

            Willow was astonished at how romantic it sounded and stood up. “Well my prince, let us ride!”

            “Us?”Antony asked.

            “I would like to ride with you on my own horse. I think I remember how to from years ago. Parts of my memory when I was Renedy are slowly making their forefront in my mind.”

            Antony smiled and the two rush off toward the stables. On the wayAntony knew exactly which horse he was going to give her. The horses name wasPearl, and she was all white. One part of the horse he knew she would like was her eyes which were pink in color.

            As they got to the stablesWillow stayed in front asAntony walked inside the barn wherePearl’s stable was. He first found Onyx and walked him by his reigns and done the same withPearl. As he came out of the barn doorsWillow saw the all white horse and her eyes sparkled with happiness.

            “She is such a beautiful horse,”Willow exclaimed.

            “I bought her when I was doing business for my father in one of the neighboring Kingdoms. The horse was being sold in their village and was very sick looking. I immediately began nursing her back to her correct health and here she is. I am giving her to you.”

            Willow jumped and giggled like a small girl who just got her first pony and ran up to her. She looked intoPearl’s eyes and noticed the pink color. Small things such as that reminded her that she was no longer on earth. While she was petting the horseAntony got the saddles ready on both Onyx andPearl.

            “Are you sure you remember how to ride,” he asked.

            “I think I do, I would prefer going slow at first though,” she said as he helped hermountPearl. He mounted Onyx and side by side they began riding ever so slowly. The motion of the horse was awkward at first, but after a few secondsWillow gained control. Following the movements ofPearl she began a steady stride next to Onyx andAntony.

            “I am proud that you remember,”Antony complimented as they left on the cobblestone road.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34K 3.1K 29
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." โ™ก "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
58 10 9
Destiny Halliwell, is a simple yet reserved business woman with a big problem. Destiny harbors deep dark secrets from her past that haunts her to thi...
76.6K 2.8K 33
When Cecilia wakes up in a wattpad fantasy novel she's dumbstruck. Knowing the future of her character she tries to be on the good side of King Jaspe...
6.1K 1.1K 52
Being in an ecstatic world of our own seems amazing, right! Rather than living in a world full of harsh disheartening reality, it would be much fasc...