~Summer's Not Hot Without You~

By puppy321283

Kaylie, your average teenager.It's finally summer! Kaylie and her family will be at her beach house for the w... More

Packing is Boring 1
Arrived at Destination 2
Weird Guy 3
Love Bug 4
Catching up with? 5
Fun In the Sun 6
Save Me 7
Not Again! 8
The Knight and Princess 9
Hits and Sand 10
Confessions and Surprises 11
A Night to Remember 12 (Main Character Picture ->)
An Immaculate Day 13
What Just Happened? What Did I Do?14
Knew It Was Too Good To Be True Or Is It? 15
Dinner For Two 16
I'm His Woa! What!!? 17
Wheels Of Fortune 18
Mystery Solved 19
Baby Your a Firework 20
Pain and Tears 21
A Pleasant Visit 22
Surreal Moments 23
Possibly A New Start 25
Going Down Memory Lane 26
~Epilogue~

Sad Ending 24

1.3K 25 9
By puppy321283

Hey Guys!!

Comment! 

Rate!

Fan!

Enjoy!

Recap:

 We were soon walking towards my room and landed on something soft. He pulled away from my lips and started kissing down to my neck leaving me to catch my breath. He then kissed my neck trying to find my soft spot and soon enough he did. The rush of pleasure exploded and I couldn't help but moan loudly. I'm really glad Jassie is a deep sleeper. The rush of pleasure was so surreal. He soon sucked on it giving me feelings that I've never felt before and sent me through extreme pleasure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 24

It's been a few days since that night of passionate kissing and Matt still hadn't called. I surely did call him but no answer. I was getting worried. Mandy said that it was nothing to worry about and he was having guy time.

But the thing is, none of his friends had seen him either in the past few days. I was now really concern. My friends had other plans to keep me distracted though. Apparently they didn't like the sight of me worrying. Mandy said that if I kept creasing my eyebrows that it would stay like that and form pre-mature wrinkles. I told her that there's makeup for a reason and it'll cover it up! But I didn't really care about my appearance..that much.

"So, what are we going to do today?" I ask them

We were all sitting in Chase's living room. And by "we" I mean EVERYONE, well except for Matt because he seemed to be MIA.

"Let's go kayaking." Said Eric

"No dude, that's way boring." Said Jared

"Fine, you pick something then." Said Eric and he leaned back on the sofa and sighed

"Let's go to the aquarium!" Chase said

I smiled because I love the aquarium and Chase knew that so we all agreed. We all got into Chase, parent's van. Chase was driving and I felt like sitting shotgun so they all let me without arguements. The aquarium was an hour away and as usual we blasted music and sang along. Fixed at Zero by Versaemerge started to play. I belted out the words:

There's a vulture on my shoulder

And he's telling me to give in

Always hissing right in my ear

Like it's coming from my own head

It's got me mixed up

Trying not to give up

Tell me there's a way to get out of here

Oh,fixed at zero

The chorus was my favorite part. I dont know why it' gets stuck in my head. Well don't all chorus gets stuck in your head? As the time ticks, we all sang to diffrent bands a songs to past the time.

I look back and Mandy and Zack were being friendly. Oh did I mention that the breakup went well? Zack felt the same thing. I'm glad it worked out in the end. They are in good terms and they aren't awkard around each other which is a good thing. He didn't hold a grudge or anything that would kind of ruin our whole friendship in a way. Everything was settled between the two of them.

I also looked to the far back where Eric,Jared,and Jack were sitting. They laughing and joking around with each other. They were like brothers. They live close to each other back at home and there parents were college friends. I find that pretty awesome.

I turned back around and looked at Chase, he was focused on driving. He doesn't want to wreck his parents van or anything. So I didnt talk to him. I was in my own little world.

I was having flashback with Matt. The first time that I ever met him. He was the mystery pool guy that my friends and I made fun of. We called him a pyscho but it turns out he was the guy I love and maybe be IN love with. It's funny how life can be. 

I guess I fell asleep thinking since i felt someone shaking me and telling me to wake up and that we were here. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. The bright light blinded me to I covered my eye and looked down at my feet and slowsly opened my eye and looked up. We were in the parking lot of the aquarium. I turned to my left and Chase was looking at me amusingly.

"Hey sleeping beauty." He said

"Mhm, hi" I said still sleepily

"Come on get out, the rest are waiting at the entrance for us."

"Pick me up then." I said still drowsy

"Fine, but don't you want to see the fishies?"

"Yes, but I still want you to carry me." I pouted like a little girl

"Fine." He said and got out of the driver seat and opened the passenger door and lifted me up and carried me bridal style.

I rested my head on his chest and every step he took I would bob up and down.We soon got to the entrance. Where he parked, was pretty far away since a lot of people were at the aquarium today. The aquarium had a small fee of $3 which isn’t too bad, but I’d prefer it to be free but what can you do. We all paid and went into the building. Right when you step in the building a cool breeze meets you and then just disappears as you walk further in. The entrance was vast and open with many directions to places. To the right is where you see the smaller fishes and smaller sea creature. Straight forward was the dolphins and a killer whale. To the left are sharks and jellyfish. We all wanted to get our three dollars worth so we decided to go to the left and then go from there to see everything.

There in one tank were baby sharks. They swam around not doing anything special. There was a tank in the middle of the room with smaller jelly fishes and in another take bigger jellyfishes. Mandy took pictures of the jellyfishes since she loves photography. Eric was telling us how he had shark fin soup before and it was good. We (except me) looked at him in disgusted but since I’m an open minded person I actually wanted to try it.

We then moved on to the dolphins and killer whale section. There was a free dolphin show right when we went in and of course we sat and watch. I’ve always wanted to ride a dolphin but I wasn’t going to ride it here. They asked for volunteers and they picked the little kids and got two kids and told them to stand on either side of the BIG pool. There were helpers to explain on what the kids would do and they had to hop forward and back and the dolphins would do the same. Half of their body in the water and the other out and they were jumping forward then turned around and jumped backed. I awed at the sight of the dolphins doing that.  They also jumped through hoops and did a bunch of tricks with various balls. They also had the dolphin slide through the platform and back into the water. The trainers of these dolphins were pretty good. For the finale they had all the dolphins (which was about four) do flips and into hoops and they splashed water at the crowd with their tail.

The show was pretty awesome and adorable. Then we moved on to the killer whale. The whale had his own tank since whales are pretty big. The whale swam around and did its own thing. There wasn’t a show going on so that was a bummer.

We then moved on to the smaller fishes and other sea creatures. There were so many types of fish. They varied in sizes and color. I couldn’t name all the fishes because they had such hard names. Why can’t the fishologists or whatever the people that study fish are called name them something much more simpler?  Anyways the bright fishes caught my eyes. There was this neon orange and purple fish. There was also a glow in the dark fish! How cool is that?! I want one! Then it can be my nightlight! There was also this pretty blue fish. Frogs were in display too. They hopped around like they were made to do. They also had a sea cucumber, it was interesting looking. There were so many little fishies and other sea creature to look at and we were in awe.

We spent a good five hours in there. If you can imagine we goofed off in there. We had like two warnings and the third would’ve had them kick us out. We stopped at the aquarium shop and Chase being the awesome best friend got me a stuff dolphin. It was pretty nice of him. That’s why I love him, plus he’s an awesome friend, not just he buys me stuff that would be greedy and selfish.

We got back into the car and drove off. We decided to stop at a burger joint for a early dinner or a late lunch. It was around five, some people eat dinner around this time right? We got a table for seven and sat. We all got our drinks and I was happily sipping on my mountain dew. Then the waitress took our order and was flirting with Chase and he flirted back smoothly.  She then took our order and I got a cheeseburger with mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes, and ketchup.We finished up quickly and got some type of ice cream. Chase and I shared a sundae and it was yummy. We paid and then went home.

Mandy decided to sleep over and have girl time! The guys all left and I think they slept over at Chase’s or Zack’s or whoever. I’m sure they would’ve pranked us, if it weren’t for the fact that my little sister slept next door and would be woken from our screaming or laughing.

Mandy and I painted our nails and did all the girl stuff you do at sleepovers. We fell asleep watching a movie and I fell asleep dreaming about Matt.

I was standing on the beach and it was deserted. I looked around then at the ocean and Matt came up from the water and walked to me. He WALKED on water! I thought only Jesus could do that. I must be dreaming, or this is a miracle of some sort.

“Hey beautiful.” He said coming close to me

Something was off, he never called me beautiful, he has said it to me telling me I’m beautiful but didn’t use it as a greeting. He called me princess. I wonder what’s wrong with him.

“Hey teddybear.” I said back and smiled

Then his face turned serious and angry.

“I have to tell you something important. I love you but it’s…” The rest was muffled out by a big waves engulfing him and pulling him away.

“No!!!!!! Mat! Come back”

“Come back, come back” I said quietly, tossing and turning and I was shaking, or someone was shaking me.

“Kayl! Wake up , you had a nightmare of some sort and kept saying ‘come back’”

Ok good it was a dream. I hope.

“Kay, come on go take a shower, it’ll release your stress and tension.”

I obeyed her not saying anything. I don’t know why but that dream felt like it was a message. Maybe I should visit his grandma? Lucy will definitely know what’s up with him.

I quickly tooked the shower and changed into something comfortable. Mandy was cooking breakfast and I ate it quietly. I told her that I was going to the hospital to visit Lucy, Matt’s grandma. She said ok and told me that she was going over to Chase’s house to hang with the guys. Mhm, so my hunch was correct they did stay over there.

I told her bye and got into my mom’s car and drove to the hospital. The way to the hospital felt kind of weird without Matt by my side or anyone else in the car. The last two times I was at the hospital was with my friends or Matt or actually both since I ran into Matt the 1st time I went to the hospital here. I parked the car and quickly ran up to the elevator. I remember exactly which floor and room she was in.

I quickly and excitingly ran to the familiar room. Even though I just met her a couple of weeks ago I felt that I knew her pretty well and actually loved her in a grandma/granddaughter way.

I ran into the room and it was empty. Wait what? This can’t be right. I went out of the room and looked at the number and it was the right number. Where did she go? I saw a nurse walk by and I pulled her to me and asked, “Where’s the lady that was in the room?” I asked, fearing the answer.

“I’m sorry miss, but she didn’t make it. She was a good fighter but it was her time.”

“No!!” I bawled out

“No! That couldn’t have happened. No! No!” The nurse stood there trying to comfort me but it just made things worse.

“When?” I asked

“Two days ago.” She said

So that’s why Matt hadn’t called or anything

“Do you know where her grave is?” I asked her

“Um, I heard that she was in Heaven Above, it’s about 15 minutes away from here.”

“Ok, thanks I said.”

I was heading over there but still in denial. No, this couldn’t have happen. She’s not…dead. She can’t be! She got better and went somewhere! My tears blurred my vision and I bumped into various things. I got to my car safely and unharmed. I wiped my tears away and headed to the cemetery.

I got there sooner then I except and I found her grave. There kneeled in front of her grave was Matt. I walked slowly toward him and hugged him from behind. He knew it was me and started to cry. I patted his back to comfort him. We were like that crying with each other for a good ten minute. I gave him a quick peck on the lips and said “Everything is going to be alright.” I cooed.

“NO! It’s not! Everything is not going to be alright! My grandma just died!.” He said tearing up again and  took a deep breathe. Pain and decision was in his eyes.

He sighed and said, “Sorry Kaylie, You remind me too much of her. I can’t do this Kaylie. We’re..We’re done.” He said with his best poker face but I saw right through him. He was pained from saying this but if this is what he had to do then I’ll let him. He walked away after saying that. Well, my dream did mean something.

I knelt there bawling my eyes out. Even though I knew he didn’t mean it, it still hurt. My chest felt like someone was stepping on it and that my heart was being ripped out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:'( Is anyone else crying?

This is NOT the end. Two more chapters! I could end there if you guys liked... So its not cliche but I love cliche!

Anyways.......

Comment! Rate! Fan! Message!

<3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205 11 16
Kip and Lexy have been best friends since... Well, since forever. It's graduation day, and Kip gets a blast from the past, when she meets John, a my...
853K 20.3K 23
COMPLETED ❝It is so hard to stay away from you, but I know I need too. But the thing is, I can't help myself around you. You make me lose all the con...
359 52 28
When Summer Write a teenage girl finds herself falling for her childhood best friend Tyler Scott does she tell him or does Summer's future with her...
1.6M 102K 82
Nolan, an unapproachable guy who ignores the existence of all his schoolmates, sleeps in all of his classes. Normally, this wouldn't be Chelsea Arnol...