The Alpha's Princess

By alwayslovve486

Alexia Celesta Brewer. Forced from her home when her pack is attacked, Alexia ran as far as she could to avo... More

Trigger Warnings
Author's Note
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
A/N:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Not an Update
So sorry-Very Important Authors note
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
New Story!!
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Bonus Material
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 32:
Very Sad Authors Note :(
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Thank You
TAQ TEASER:
The Queen is Coming
A Long Overdue Update

Chapter 31:

157K 3.5K 1.3K
By alwayslovve486

Alexia's POV:

The first night of my heat was hell. I was sweating like a sinner in church and just wanted to sit out in the snow, but if Beck took his arms away from me, a pain so intense that stars burst behind my eyelids filled my body. Beck was the only thing that could keep the pain away, and even the little things like him getting up to go to the bathroom or calling a cook on the phone to have someone deliver us breakfast left me curled in a ball as pain wracked my body. 

I was only six hours in. I don't think I'll make it these next seven days. 

I bit my lip to keep from screaming, and I felt Beck run a hand over my head. 

"Why does it hurt so bad?" I whimpered. I was curled up in a ball, naked, on our bed, my head in his lap.

"I don't know princess," he said sadly. I gripped the leg of his sweatpants as a stabbing pain hit my abdomen. 

"My mom was never like this," I forced out between gritted teeth.

"It's probably because Rhea isn't here right now." He murmured. I gasped and cried out as I felt the heat accumulate in my head and literally force the tears from my eyes.

"Beck please," I cried.

"Honey, you need a break. You have to rest." He said as he bent to kiss my mark. Simple kisses kept the heat away for about a minute and give me a bit of relief, but it always came back stronger than it was before. 

"Please just touch me," I said. 

"Let's go run you an ice bath." He said and lifted me up. 

"I-I don't want an ice b-bath," I groaned. He hushed me and lifted me, carrying me into the bathroom. "Beck please. I need you to touch me." I whimpered. 

"Lex, look at me." he cupped my cheeks in his palms, "We've been at it for hours, and it's only making your heat worse. You need to cool down okay? Leo is about to break all sense of control i have left and stake his claim. But i don't want to make it any worse." 

I let out a strangled moan as he sat me down on the floor. I gasped from the lack of contact as he began to dump bags of ice into the tub of already cold water. 

"I know I know it hurts baby I'm sorry," he said and lifted me up again, kissing my mark. He laid my body in the chilly water and each drop of water felt like a shard of glass digging into my skin. "You'll be numb in a minute. Don't cry, Lex." 

"Can't you call Blake? M-maybe he knows what's wrong." I murmured and looked up at him. He sighed and placed a hand on my neck rubbing his thumb over my mark. 

"I'll try but he probably can't come see you."

"Why?"

"Your scent is so strong...Either i'll try to kill him for coming near you, or he'll go crazy and try to give you what you need." He murmured. I groaned and tried to cover myself more with ice. it burned my skin in a different way. Have you ever played in the snow too long and you went so numb that it started to burn? That's what I was feeling but it wasn't just in my fingertips, it was in my whole body. Suddenly his hand left my neck and I whimpered. "Shh I'll be right back I just have to get my phone." 

He came back and sat on the steps to the tub. He kept his hand pressed to my mark again and I closed my eyes. Then I heard his soft voice. 

"Hey Blake?"

"Yeah I just needed your help with something. Alexia went into heat last night and she's not doing too good." 

"No we have...a lot... Look we've mated a lot okay, i would know i was there...Well yeah Blake I know that's kind of the point of her heat...No listen to me...every time we do her heat only gets worse...She's in an ice bath right now...No she's melting the ice that's how warm she is...No her wolf hasn't come back yet...What am I supposed to do?...No I can't keep doing that to her...Are you sure there's nothing else I can do?" He sighed and rubbed his temples. "Okay I'll try that. Thank you." He hung up and tossed the phone onto the floor beside the tub. His feet dangled into the water and he lifted my head onto his lap. 

"He has an idea." He murmured. "He wonders if Leo can help."

"He wants me to mate with your wolf? That's where i draw the line." I croaked and he chuckled.

"No, nothing like that." He murmured and rubbed my neck. "How's the bath feeling?" 

"Fricking cold," I chattered. 

"Is it still hurting?"

"I cant tell if it's that or the frostbite setting in." 

"For being in a world of pain you still have your sense of humor." 

"What can I say I'm talented." I tried to lean farther into his touch, "Can I get out now?" He sighed and grabbed a towel as I shakily stood up. He wrapped it around my dripping body and lifted me out and onto the floor. Without the help from the ice I could already feel the pain trickling back. 

"Beck it's happening again," i groaned.

"That's it you're going back in the ice." he said and started to  pick me up again.

"No no more ice please no more ice." I cried. 

"Shhh Lex...C'mon no tears...You're okay." He said and started to rub my back. I stuck my face in his neck hoping his scent would calm me down. "Okay no more ice for now." 

"Please just touch me," I strangled out. "I can't...I need.."

"Shh it's okay," he whispered and carried me into the room, and set me on the bed. "One more time and then we're going to try what Blake suggested." 

"What did he say?" 

"He thinks me being in wolf form might help coax Rhea out so she can help you through this." he murmured and kissed my mark again. "Okay?" I nodded and he started to suck on  my neck. The heat slowly fizzled away as he touched my body more and more. My legs parted for him and then the familiar sensation of him ravishing me took over my body again. As we came down from our highs, he kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me. 

"Did that help any?" 

"For now," I yawned. It was usually like this. I'd get twenty minutes, maybe a half an hour's relief and then i'd be back in my own personal hell. 

"I'm going to shift and keep close to you. We can't mindlink yet but I want you to try and sleep. If you need me again and im asleep just wake me up, okay?" I nodded, and the sound of bones cracking filled the room. Beck's huge ink colored wolf, so black he was almost blue in color filled the bed. Literally he took up most of the bed. I snuggled into his side, burying my face in his thick fur on his chest, and wriggled closer. He rested his huge fluffy head in my neck and my hand reached up to tangle my fingers into the fur of his neck. I felt his warm breath on my check and closed my eyes trying to sleep before the pain came back to take over me again. 

But surprisingly, I got an hour and a half of sleep before any pain came back at all. And then I made it  another forty five minutes before i had to wake Beck up to help me again. He stayed out of wolf form for a little while. I offered to go down and make us lunch, but he refused to let me leave the room. According to him, you can never know if there is an unsuspecting male wandering around the bottom level of your house that maybe prone to mating with your wife. And that is simply not a chance he was willing to take. As I waited for him to come back up the stairs with food, I slipped on the robe I had been wearing the day of the wedding and straightened out the sheets on the bed. I realized when you weren't being attacked by your own body, it was quite cold in the room and knelt to light a fire in the huge stone hearth. And that's when the idea struck me. I pulled the cushions off the couch and the pillows and comforter from the bed and any spare blankets from the closet and threw them into a nest on the floor in front of the fireplace. I sat down and pulled a blanket across my lap. 

Beck came in a few minutes later. "Grilled cheese and tomato soup for the lady," he said and placed a steaming tray in my lap. He grinned, "House specialty."

"Thank you," I whispered and gave him a kiss. I bit into the gooey deliciousness of the sandwich and closed my eyes in bliss. 

"Good?"

"Really good."

"I have to say, it was not as fun as I anticipated being in wolf form all the time." I felt a small pang of guilt fill me. We had just gotten back and here I was keeping him from acting as Alpha yet again. if he could at least be in human form, he could get work done while I rested. 

"I'm sorry," I murmured. But he shook his head.

"Don't apologize lovely," he said and intertwined our fingers. "As long as your feeling better, I'll do whatever you need." 

"I have a question," i said quietly, pushing my hair back behind my ears. Beck nodded at me, listening intently. "Well...It's just that I thought we would be pregnant by now. The whole point of heat is to have a pup, but we had mated plenty of times before my heat."

He came to sit beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist, "So what's your question?"

I swallowed, "Do you think that maybe...I don't know I'm just worried...Is it possible that-" I rambled. 

"Lex," He cut me off gently. "What is it?"

"Do you think it's possible that I can't have pups?" He was quiet. He forced a breath out from between his pursed lips. 

"To be honest, I don't know if you can have pups." he murmured. "We really wont be able to ask until after your heat is over. But even if you can't, I won't love you any less okay?" I nodded. "Don't stress about this to much just yet. Let's focus in getting through your heat and then we can see what our options are." He said kissing the side of my head. I sighed. "What's up?"

I shrugged, "I'm wondering if all mates are as good as you."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Well it's hard to explain," I nodded him to go on. "Males are so protective of their mates, because they know that their mate is the best thing that will ever happen to them and before they're marked you never know what another unmated male could do. So when I found out you about your pack being destroyed, the say you were treated before I came home, and then that someone was trying to take you from me... I mean you can imagine how much that protectiveness went up. I wanted you to feel safe and now that I could protect and take care of you if you ever need me too. Thats where the feeding you and everything came in, because I never wanted you to think I wouldn't drop everything to take care of you in a second. I know when you got here you had heard that we were notorious for being cruel and I knew you were afraid of me when we met. I didn't want you to be scared. It helps Leo to think his mate needs him. So that's where the carrying and the over protectiveness comes from," he said and kissed my cheek. "But I hope you didn't feel smothered of anything. We never wanted to make you feel helpless or childish, we just wanted to take care of what is ours." 

I shook my head. "Only sometimes, but I get it."
"Good because now that you're marked and mated Leo feels like we can back off a bit now that unmated males know who they'll have to answer to for messing with my wife. " I internally swooned at being called his wife, but I'm fine I swear. "He knows you'll be okay." 

I furrowed my brow, "Then how do rejections happen? If  a male feels that strongly how can they reject their beloved?"

"Well a female  can reject her mate if she wanted to.. And the males who reject their mate are just so full of themselves and dont listen to their instincts. They don't listen to their wolves and are to lenient with the human portion of their bodies. But I think I told you, the moon Goddess doesn't let rejection work unless there's no possible chance of the pair working out." I nodded and stretched my limbs. 

He turned to lay down on his stomach, resting his head on his folded arms. "How your feeling?" 

"Fine," I said laying back. Our feet tangled together and he leaned over to kiss my forehead. "We made it to day three." he smiled and nodded. He leaned up abruptly. 

"That reminds me," he said standing up and heading for the door. 

"Where are you going?" I asked leaning up on my elbows. Without him there I already felt the prickles of heat start to come back. 

"I'll be right back!" he called over his shoulder.

"Don't you think you should put some pants on?"

"It's my damn house!"

"What about the man wandering around?" 

"Unfortunately for him I dont play for that team!" I laughed and laid back down. I heard his heavy footsteps come up the stairs and wriggled closer to  the fire. He opened the door, and shut it behind him. He was carrying a large brown box. 

"What's that?" I asked curious as he knelt in the nest next to me before sitting down crosslegged and pulling a blanket over his thighs. 

"Our wedding pictures," he said before opening the box. I shuffled to sit next to him and leaned into his side. 

"How are these already done?" I asked in awe.

"Only the best for the Alpha and Luna," he grinned before taking the thick packets out of the box. He spread out the pictures in front of us and we looked at them together. 

The first packet was of Emma, Bella and Lauren being escorted through the woods with the rest of the groomsmen in tow. Then pictures of just the girls posing in the woods, and all of the men together taking pictures. There were several of just Beck in his plain white linen clothes, his hair styled perfectly and happiness in his brown eyes as he smiled at the camera. I couldn't help but look at the pictures of him over and over again and admire how handsome my husband was. 

The second packet was pictures at the clearing of the whole pack gathered in the light of the lanterns and candles. Here again, several were just of Beck anxiously waiting or smiling and laughing with his boys. Others were of John and I arriving, and the rest of the ceremonies that followed. My favorite one was our kiss. It was actually a sequence of three photographs, the first him holding my face and us looking lovingly at each other, then our actually kiss, and finally our little moment that followed. The photographer had done a lovely job. 

I was looking at a picture of Beck and I during the blood sharing ceremony, both smiling and looking at our clasped hand when i noticed something in the picture. My stomach dropped and my veins filled with ice. My hands started shaking and i flipped the picture over, not able to look at it any longer. I looked at Beck and noticed him looking at pictures the photographer had taken of just the two of us as we walked back to the packhouse and some from inside the reception. He loved the ones of him taking off my garter.

"I think this one has to be blown up and hung somewhere. Maybe in the living room? What do you think?" he mused, looking at a picture of us, lip-locked on the dancefloor after our first dance. He looked up at me and took in the state of my face. "What's wrong?" I took a shaky breath. "Do we need to do it again?" I shook my head. "Lex, what's the matter." My hands trembled as i picked up the photograph and handed it to him. 

"Look," I whispered. 

"You want to hang this one up?" He asked confused. I swallowed and shook my head. "Then what?"

"Look," I whispered again and pointed to the edge of the picture. He looked at it, and then squinted and held it closer to his face. His eyes widened as he finally saw what had frightened me. In the darkness of the woods, a shadowy figure stood, just feet from the clearing. Most of his body was shrouded in darkness, except for his face which was illuminated by the light. He had been that close.

"Is that...?" He began. I nodded. 

"A person." I breathed. "Beck he was at the wedding. Dante was there." Beck growled ferociously, loud enough to shake the whole house and stood up. He stomped to the phone and slammed his finger into the keys before holding the receiver to his ear. 

"Watson. Reynolds. Fucking find the footage from the wedding. The bastard was there. He's in our pictures, get me an image of his face." He snarled. "I want the security report from that night in my inbox in ten minutes or so help me you two will be out of jobs. Find out how the hell he got on my lands and so close to my wife and do it now!" I stood up and made my way over to him but he held up his hand. "I don't give a damn that it's your lunch break! I'm sick of his fucking games. Find him." Beck slammed the phone back in its cradle before picking it up and dialing another number. 

His chest heaved with rage as he forced breaths out through his nose. I wrapped my arms around his waist trying to calm him down, but he pushed my hands away. His hands flexed, and he very tips of claws began to press through the skin at the top of his fingers. He was going to shift. 

"Beck hang up the phone, and calm down." I said gently and guided his hand to put the phone back, but he shook away from me. His body trembled and growls rumbled through his chest periodically. "Beck please-"

"Alexia. Not now." He snarled, and stomped away from me to find his cell phone. "Answer the phone you stupid shit." he hissed. "Will meeting in the packhouse now. Watson and Reynolds and the council. He was there he was fucking there." he hung up again and stormed to the closet, hastily pulling on black pants and a white button up. I stared at him in disbelief.

"You're leaving me?" I croaked. "You're seriously leaving me right now?" he spun around and glared at me, eyes flashing between harsh gold and his usual warm brown. 

"This bastard has paraded around my land, taunting me for far too long. I will end him. He's not taking you from me again. He's not hurting anyone else. I am going to find him and kill him." And with that he left and was out the front door. My mouth dropped open as realization hit me. He left me.  He left me knowing full well that I am currently in heat and will be in agony without him. And he did not think twice about it. 

Angry tears filled my eyes as I went to my closet and changed out of the robe, before pulling on sweatpants and a loose t shirt. I carefully collected the pictures and put each of them in their packet before loading them into the box. I got up and closed the bedroom door before locking it securely. He was sure as hell not coming back in here when he got back.  I grabbed a blanket and curled up next to the fire, trying to keep myself calm and relaxed and trying to sleep before my heat came back. 

It wasn't long before I was pulled from a dream with crushing pain in my chest that left me gasping for breath. Spasms rocked my body and screams tore out of my throat. In my haze, I glanced at the clock and realized it was nearly eight o clock and Beck had been gone for four hours. Heat prickled in my skull and forced tears from my eyes. I grit my teeth against the pain, not knowing if I could make it through this on my own. I silently cursed Beck's name. 

Yes, you stupid idiot, it's  important that Dante is caught. I understand that. But it's also important that I don't die from the torture of being in heat. Which you left me to weather alone. You complete and utter ass. 

An hour and a half later, I had cried all my tears and was more than ready to just give up. 

And what's worse is now that I'm marked, he can feel my pain. He knows I'm in agony. But he's ignoring it to play detective. I'm going to kill him. Yep, it's official, he's dead when he gets back. For the love of hell I'm going to strangle him and I will have the biggest shit eating grin on my face when I do...

But he's our mate, I heard in my head and froze. The spasms stopped and the heat subsided slightly. 

"What the hell?" I spoke  out loud. 

Did you miss me?

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Rhea you're back thank the moon goddess you're back." 

I'm sorry it took me so long, that last one had a greater toll on me than i thought. 

"Rhea I'm so happy you're back. Please help me. I-i... he left... and my heat I just can't." I sobbed partially from exhaustion and partially out of happiness that she was back. "I need help." 

I know you do. I'm here. Fight it as long as you can, and then I'll take over. You're almost done.

"Rhea we're marked. And mated. Isn't that great?" I mumbled drowsily. The heat steadily started to seep through my veins again as the shock wore off.

It's wonderful Alexia. Go to sleep now. Rest. I'll be here when you wake up. We have a lot to talk about.

"I missed you so much," I laughed, my vision getting hazy, and black clouding the edges of my eyesight. 

I missed you more. Now go to sleep. 

"Ok," i whispered and closed my heavy eyelids. 

When I woke up next, i woke up shivering and teeth chattering. With my eyes still closed, I reached out a hand and groped for Beck's warm body. But I was met with empty blankets. I peeled my eyes open to be face to face with an empty fireplace, that had long since gone out. Where did he-?

And then i remembered what had happened yesterday afternoon. Tears streamed down my cheeks as i remembered my own mate leaving me during my heat to go to a damned meeting, and I couldn't tell if I was angry or sad or disappointed or all three. 

Don't hurt him too badly when he comes back.   And then I remembered that Rhea had also come home too.

He left me  here, knowing how excruciating my heat has been. 

I know I know. He made a big mistake. But Leo took over and was so upset about Dante. He thought he was doing what was best for you. I've been talking to Leo. He feels guilty because he knows it's his fault.

Damn right it's his fault. Do you know how much longer I have left of my heat. 

Alexia you're heat ended about an hour ago. And something else started.

What? 

You'll know soon enough. Just try to relax. Don't work yourself up too much. It's not good. 

I still might kill him. 

With that I tuned her out. I know I might be overreacting but I'm hurt that he left me. Just hours before he wouldn't even leave me for too long to go to the bathroom, but now he had left for hours. Like actually left, not just a few rooms over. It hurt me. 

I got up and started a shower to soothe my aching muscles. Sleeping on the floor for three days had really done a number on my back, as it was killing me. I'd need some ibuprofen later. When I finished I dressed in a pair of leggings and a thick sweater, leaving my hair wet. I got out and picked up the room stopping to look out our walls of windows. There must have been a storm, because a thick blanket of snow covered both lawns and laid heavy on the pine branches that covered the path to the packhouse.  

I went downstairs and gawked at the pile of boxes in the foyer. Wedding gifts. I grabbed a notebook and began to write down the names of everyone that  had sent a gift and left space to write what they had given us.  I wouldn't open them yet. I walked to the kitchen and pulled out stuff to make a smoothie and an omelet. I made them quickly and grabbed two tablets of ibuprofen. I sat at the counter alone and ate my meal slowly. The house was too quiet alone. After I finished eating a swallowed down the pills with a mouthful of water. 

But all too soon, I was bent over the sink vomiting. 

I must have taken the pills too quickly without eating enough. I cleaned out the sink and stopped every so often as i got a bit dizzy. I didn't want to open the gifts alone, but there wasn't much else to do. I took the package of thank you cards and walked to my office in the library. New shipments of books were supposed to be arriving later today, so i could organize them later. I plopped myself in my desk chair and began to write names and addresses on the envelopes of each and stuffed a blank card inside. This saved me a step so I only had write the message inside, once we knew what each person had given us. 

I drummed my hands on the table and rubbed my back. It was still aching and obviously the ibuprofen had done nothing. I walked downstairs to the foyer and saw that boxes of books had been stacked opposite the stacks of presents. I  sighed and looked at the invoice on top before signing it lavishly and sticking it in the mailbox outside. There was a small card on the top of the tower and I looked at it. 

Lexi- These were delivered at the packhouse and Beck sent us over with a key to drop them off. He said he'll be home soon. Love, Carter, Damian and Ryan. 

They were too sweet. I should make them something small to say thank you. I bent to reach a box of books to bring to the library, but groaned and slid it back on the pile. My back groaned in protest. Hell to the no. I left the boxes there. Beck can move those, the bastard. I maneuvered myself around the boxes and made it into the kitchen. I needed chocolate. Desperately.  Yeah chocolate would be good right now. And then the lightbulb went off. I'll make the boys cupcakes to say thank you and i can eat the batter. 

And with that I set to work measuring out the ingredients to make chocolate fudge cupcakes from scratch. I had just put them in the oven when the phone rang. I wiped my hands on a rag and went to pick it up.

"Hello," I said holding it between my shoulder and ear, as i set a timer on the oven. Beck's urgent voice filled my ear. 

"Lex, when Dante took you did you-" I hung up and slammed the phone on the counter.  

"You can go straight to hell, Stone." I said and went to sit back at the counter. My cell phone buzzed in my pocket and i pulled it out already glaring. But that faded when i saw Dr. Blake's phone number flash across the screen. 

"Dr. Blake?" 

"Good afternoon Luna," he said cheerfully. "I'm sorry to bother you but it's the day for your weekly exam. I realize you're in heat and I can't see you-"

"My heat has ended. You can come over whenever you'd like." I interrupted. 

"Oh? In that case, I can be there right away if you'll have me?" 

"By all means, come on over doctor."  I said and he assured me he was on his way. 

Several moments later, the door opened to reveal a snow covered Blake. 

"The snow has started up again," he said as he stepped in. 

"Let me take your coat." 

"Thank you very much Luna," he said shrugging off a thick wool coat, which I hung on a hook in the mud room beside the foyer. 

"Can I get you something to drink?" 

"A glass of water would be splendid." I nodded and led him to the kitchen. I got him his glass of water and he nodded at me gratefully. 

"How's your mate?" I asked, wondering how her pregnancy was going. 

"Well, she's much happier now that the pup has arrived." My eyes widened.

"I didn't know the baby came! What are you doing here, get back to your wife and child this instant! My check up can wait I can assure you I'm fine!" 

He waved me off. "You're my only appointment for the next few weeks anyway."

"So was it a boy or a girl?" I pressed, grinning.

"A lovely little girl. Lindsay Sophia." He said proudly. "Here," he said handing me his phone. "There's my little girl." 

"Oh she's beautiful," I breathed scrolling through the pictures of the little pink bundle. 

He nodded and slipped the phone back into his pocket. "Now back to you how are we feeling?" 

"Good," I nodded. 

"You're heat went okay after Beck started shifting?" 

"Yeah, it was tolerable." 

"How did it end?" 

"Well Rhea returned and she actually told me it ended after she had taken over the pain." 

"She did?! That's amazing. You should be fully back to normal soon then!"

"I hope so." I said smiling. 

"What did Beck think of her being back?" My smile slipped from my face. "He must be ecstatic." 

"He actually doesn't know." I said quietly as i turned to check on my cupcakes. I felt Blake's eyes boring holes in my back. 

"What do you mean?" 

"He left yesterday afternoon and hasn't been back since." The doctor shook his head and mumbled under his breath. 

"That was  a grave mistake on his part. Had Rhea not been so close to coming back, it's not unlikely that your body could have shut down. He was damn foolish to leave at a time like that. And when i get back I'll make sure he hears it from me." 

"That's alright doctor." I said, not wanting to put either of them in an awkward position. I would be giving him enough hell of my own. 

"I'll think about it. Anyway, how have you been mentally?" 

"Really really good. Almost no nightmares. I feel a lot better. I'm okay talking to people, and I just feel new." 

"That's a good thing. I can see that you've gotten better. You're glowing." I blushed and mumbled a thank you. 

"So what else? Headaches, any pain, anything out of the ordinary?" 

"My back's been bothering me a bit, and I threw up this morning. But i think I hadn't given myself enough time to digest something before taking some ibuprofen." The doctor looked at me suspiciously. 

"Well you better let me check you out." I went over to him and he felt my spine. "Where does you're back hurt?" 

"My lower back," I said and placed a hand there to support it. The doctor felt the spot. 

"Have you done anything to pull a muscle?" I shook my head. 

"I've been in bed most of the time." My timer went off on my cupcakes and i went to pull them out. I picked one hot cupcake up and put it on a plate before slathering it in frosting and shoving a bite into my mouth. 

"Hungry?" 

"Starving." The doctor studied me for a moment before pulling out a calendar. 

"Luna when was your last period?" I thought for a moment. 

"Um...four days before Beck had his physical." I replied. 

"You haven't had another since then?" I shook my head. "Have you had any cravings lately?" 

"Not that i can recall. I just really wanted some chocolate." 

"Luna, I'm going to need a urine sample." I furrowed my brow.

"For what?" 

He cleared his throat and looked up at me. 

"Well, I think there is a chance you might be pregnant. And that's why your heat ended early." I nearly choked on the cupcake i was eating. "You see you never came in for your second or third shots and since then you've been marked and mated several times. It sounds like you might have experienced early morning sickness, and if you're already having back pain you're pregnancy could be progressing at an advanced rate. So we need to know if you are as soon as possible." 

I stood frozen for a minute. But nodded. "O-okay. Let's do the test."
He nodded and handed me a clear cup.
"Don't be nervous," he said and squeezed my hand reassuringly. I nodded and numbly walked to the bathroom. I could be pregnant. Beck and I could have a pup.
I entered the bathroom and closed the door taking a deep steadying breath. I quickly went to the bathroom and washed my hands, nervously holding the container. I went back to the kitchen where Blake sat.

"All set?" I nodded and passed him the cup. "Well I will be in the bathroom taking care of the test. I should only be about five minutes. You relax here," he stood up and made his way over to the bathroom. I knotted my fingers in my lap for a minute, biting my lip and really wishing Beck was here with me. 

After a little while i couldn't take just sitting there anymore. So i got up and began to frost my cupcakes, occasionally taking a thumb full of frosting into my mouth. I didn't even realize the doctor had come back. I suddenly got very nervous again and turned to look at him. He gave me a small smile.

"Well?" I said after he said NOTHING.

"Well," he began. "It looks like we'll have an heir after all." I gasped. "Congratulations Luna, you're pregnant." Happy tears filled my eyes and he came over to give me a hug. He handed me a bag with a plan positive pregnancy test in it. "I did a medical test, and then I did one of these for you to keep too. I have to get going now, but you're going to be and incredible mother." 

"Thank you so much Dr. Blake," I said as I collected his coat and led him to the front door. 

"Alexia, I wanted to tell you. If Rhea had been back before the wedding, you're heat wouldn't have even started because you've been pregnant for at least three weeks now." He grinned at my open mouth and turned towards the door. "Oh and one more thing, the Alpha informed me of the circumstances surrounding your birth when you guys came back. If you have goddess blood, no wonder you burn off your medication so quickly. The average wolf pup is born in a four to five month period. With the way you're progressing it looks like closer to three or three and a half." With that he waved goodbye and started down the porch. 

Three months? Three months. Three. Months. If I was already about three weeks along that meant there was a little over two months left. Oh god. I closed the door and leaned back against it closing my eyes. My hands found their way to my belly, which was feeling slightly rounder than I remember, but maybe I'm just being paranoid.  In two months there would be a pup in my arms. Beck and I would be parents. I cradled my head in my hands as an overwhelming number of thoughts began to pour into my head. 

Christmas was coming, we would be hosting, and then there would be preparations for the pup, and everything with Dante and Beck said we were supposed to host a ball of some sort. 

I pulled out my phone and texted the boys to stop by for a minute because I had surprises for them. In a matter of two minutes there was knock on the door I was still leaning against and pulled it open. Three boys covered in snow and heavily breathing stood in front of me and piled into the house. 

"Hi boys," I said and they each came in giving me a kiss on the cheek. "There's cupcakes in the kitchen for you guys since you hauled the books over here." 

"Eh they weren't that heavy Lexi," Carter muttered shrugging, but still walking to grab a cupcake anyway. 

"Shouldn't you be with Beck in the meeting?" Ryan asked. 

I shrugged, "Shouldn't you?" 

"We told him the Luna needed us," Damian replied around a mouthful of cupcake. 

"Oh yeah? And what did he say to that?" 

"He told us we weren't allowed near you, but we left before he could get up from the table. Aren't you still in heat?" Ryan said. I chuckled and shook my head. 

"Were you really mad at him for living?" Carter asked quietly. 

"No... I'm still really mad at him for leaving." I said and they nodded. "Hey save me four cupcakes and the rest are yours." They nodded again, their mouths to full to give verbal replies. 

"Lexi?" I heard Damian from behind me. 

"Hmmm?" I said as I began to reach for a cookbook. 

"Can...Milk...Please," Ryan said for him. 

"Slow down before you make yourselves sick." I said before grabbing three glasses and filling them with milk. "Here I'll put the rest in a container and you can either save them for yourselves later,or bring them to the meeting and share." They grinned in reply and greedily took the glasses from my outstretched hands. "But if you bring them back to the meeting Beck doesn't get any and you can tell him I said so." They're grins grew even wider as I put the cupcakes on a plate save for four them, and wrapped them in plastic wrap. 

At once they all winced and started to rub their ears. 

"What?"

"Er- Beck wants us to come back now," Ryan mumbled. 

"Well here," I said handing the plate to Damian. "You guys won't be in trouble. Now go back before he blows a gasket." 

"Thank you Lex!" Carter said as he kissed my cheek and headed out the door. The others did the same and I closed the door firmly behind me. I sorted out my baby announcement for Beck to save for when he came home and was no longer being an ass. I became vaguely aware that now that Rhea was back I could probably mindlink Beck, but I was still upset for leaving me like that. I decided to go upstairs and rest for a little bit. 

When I got upstairs I slipped back into sweatpants and sweatshirt with some fuzzy socks and slid under the covers of my bed. I laid my hand on my belly and thought of the little life growing inside of me. I just wished that Beck had been here to be there through it all. 

Tears filled my eyes again, and this time I could confidently blame a combination of hormones and being sad. They dripped slowly down my face and the warmth of the covers, the whistle of the winds and the darkness of the winter lulled me off to sleep. 

I felt the bed dip beneath me and rolled over in time to see Beck slip into bed beside me. He was just in his boxers and he didn't say anything as he turned away from me and closed his eyes. 

I let him have his peace for approximately two minutes before I lost it. 

"Well hello Beck, It's nice to see you again." I said sarcastically, sitting up. I heard a muffled groan next to me. 

"Alexia in the morning." He grumbled. 

"It is the morning." I looked at the clock on my nightstand. "In fact it's one o clock in the fucking morning when you decide to come home after leaving me here by myself for a day and a half while I'm in heat!" 

"I said not right now!" He snapped still not opening his eyes.  

"Get out of my bed right now."

"This is my bed!"

"OUR bed. Now get out! I don't want to be near you right now you're being an ass." 

"No you're just being a baby now shut up and go to sleep. I'm tired. " He said reaching over me to turn off my nightstand light. 

"Excuse me? Did you honestly just tell me to shut up Beck Xavier? I mean it get out right now. You can sleep on the couch! How dare you! You think I'm not tired. After the hell of a day I just had and going through the last day of my heat without my mate because he was being a pompous ass trying to be a hero? You don't think Dante could have waited a few days? Until we could both figure it out TOGETHER?" I snarled and slammed the light back on. He growled and turned to face me glaring. "What the hell is your problem? Get out of my bed. Now." he rolled his eyes. "Beck I'm serious I don't know who the hell you are right now." 

"For the love of Christ Alexia will you stop being such a bitch for a minute and go to sleep?! I'm tired dammit and I'm sick of you whining! God I cant stand you sometimes." I froze at his words. I slid out of the bed and went to the closet to find my slippers as tears pricked my eyes. I took my robe from a hook on the side of my bed and put it on before tying it securely around my waist. I grabbed a hair elastic and put it on my wrist before grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste. Beck rolled over to look at me through one eye as I grabbed my phone and my charger, sniffling the entire time and trying to keep the flood gates shut for a minute longer. 

"Where are you going?" I ignored him. 

"Lex?" I turned and walked calmly out of the room before slamming the door shut behind me hard enough to hear it rattle on its hinges. I walked down the stairs and picked a random guest bedroom to sleep in. I locked the door behind me and headed straight for the bathroom to brush my teeth. I  wiped my eyes and turned back to the bed before climbing into the cold and unfamiliar sheets. 

Sleep was really uneven that night. Rubbing my stomach always helped me to relax but i still got no more than an hour at a time. I woke up the next morning at seven am, feeling like I never went to sleep at all. I padded down to the library and grabbed a random book off the shelf. Ana Karenina seemed good enough to hole up with all day long. I trudged back to my room when I heard the bedroom door from upstairs open. 

"Lexi?" He called down from above. I ignored him again, and closed my door and turning the lock  shut. I placed a couple of logs in the fireplace and tossed a lit match on the top, to get a warm  fire started. I curled up in an arm chair, pulling the quilt of the bed and wrapping it around me. I could wait to get food until he had left. I opened my book and slowly started to read. 

It was about half an hour later, when a knock sounded at the door. 

"Lex," He sighed, "Baby, I'm sorry. Please open the door." I said nothing and turned to look at the fire, hoping he would just go away. "Honey, let me in please. I brought you some breakfast. I know you didn't eat last night." I still didn't move, but i heard a sigh and then the jingling of keys. I heard the lock click as the bolts slid open and the soft whoosh of the door open. I didn't turn to look at him, but I heard him enter the room. I heard the soft clattering of dishes on a tray as he walked in slowly and closed my eyes, as I knew my hormones were starting to act up and I was going to cry again. 

I heard his knees click as he crouched down in front of me. He tried to grab one of my hands, but the minute i felt our skin touch I jumped away. 

"Lexi please I'm so sorry." He began but stopped as a tear fell down my cheek. "I didn't mean any of those things i said last night. I don't know what came over me. Please look at me princess." I couldn't do it. I wanted to look at him, but I knew if I did I was going to burst into tears. So I kept my eyes closed. "I'm so sorry," he whispered. I looked down at my lap and opened my eyes, trying to look everywhere but at him. 

"I have to go to work now, baby," I scoffed under my breath, and shook my head. "But uh...I'll be back in a few hours to check on you. Please eat breakfast Lex." He bent to kiss my head, but i pulled away slightly and he sighed. And then he was gone. Again. And I was alone in this huge stupid house. And of course I was sad for the third day in a row. I looked over at the tray of food he had brought me. A bowl of his oatmeal, my favorite, a glass of milk and a vase with a single white rose in it. He had written, 'I'm sorry,' in blueberries on the surface of the oatmeal. I pulled the tray onto my lap and slowly began to eat. Once I had finished, I sat the tray on the coffee table and sat quietly for a minute. 

About five minutes later, I was running to the bathroom and kneeling in front of the toilet as my breakfast made a reappearance. When it stopped I flushed the toilet and went to rinse my mouth. I sat back into my chair and just thought about what to do with the whole situation. I suppose I could talk to him when he came home from work. Eventually I sighed, bending to grab the tray with the intent to wash my dishes and go book to my little hovel. But when I got to the kitchen, I nearly dropped the tray in surprise at the sight of Beck sitting at the counter, working. 

He looked up at the sight of me when I entered and gave me a small smile. I went to the sink and started to wash the dishes, when I felt him come alongside me. 

"I can do that," He murmured and tried to take them from me, but I shook my head. He sighed and went back to his seat at the counter. 

We were quiet, an uncomfortable, awkward quiet as I washed the dishes. After about ten minutes I couldn't take it any longer. 

I cleared my throat. "I though you were going to work today." I whispered but it was clear he had heard. 

"Well I was, but I wanted to make sure you were okay in case you needed me." 

"You could have gone. My heat ended yesterday," I watched carefully through the corner of my eye as either hurt or guilt, or something else flashed across his face. 

"Right. Well, then I found this," I turned to look at him after I put the last plate in the dishwasher. He held up the pregnancy test in his hand. "Lexi what is this?" My heart stopped. I didn't want him to find out like this.

"I think you know what that is," I said slowly. "I wanted to..."

"So it's true?"

I nodded, "Yes I'm pregnant."

He nodded, and looked up at me. "Were you planning on telling me or...?" 

"Of course I was going to tell you," He stared at me. "I wanted to tell you yesterday," i trailed off shrugging. 

"Why didnt you?" 

I glared at him. "Dont be stupid. You know exactly why I couldnt tell you yesterday."

"It certainly would have calmed me down!" 

"Before or after you called me a bitch and said you cant stand me?" I snapped and we both grew silent, my words hanging heavily in the air.

"You know this is not how I imagined the week after my wedding going," He said a few minutes later, as he stood up to get a cup of coffee. 

"You think I like us fighting? Do you think this is a damn walk in the park for me? No the past three days have been hell." 

"Lexi..."

"No you chose to leave. You wouldn't let me calm you down. You had to solve the problem right then and there. And I'm guessing from the way you came home last night it didn't work, did it? No instead I stayed here writhing in agony waiting for you to come home and help me, knowing you could probably sense I was in pain and you stayed there because that was more important to you. Right after you told me how much you loved me and needed to protect me. Then I find out we're having a baby, and you could have been there, but no I found out alone. And still was left here to wait for you to come back. And spent the day sad and missing you, and when you do come home you don't even say anything to me, and when you do you yell and say terrible things. And still I just wanted to tell you that we were finally going to be a family and we were having a baby, and now you're mad at me again." I broke off as the tears started. I was getting pretty sick of crying at this point. "And I've honestly lost track of what I've done."

I grabbed a glass of water and noticed him leaning against the counter, with his arms crossed over his broad chest, staring at floor. 

"And you have nothing to say," I said, "Excellent. Have a great day at work babe." I said and turned and started up the stairs. I decided, screw it, I'm staying in OUR bed. I climbed on top and grabbed the laptop to start sorting out Christmas gifts and the menu. I turned on the TV and noticed the Fault in our Stars was on and just left it at that. I pulled out my notebook, flipping past the pages of wedding attendees. I flipped to a new page and started brainstorming for ideas. Emma needed a new computer, so that would be her main gift. Will and Bella were being sent to Paris, to discuss an international pack alliance in the middle of January, so I figured a new camera would be nice for them to sight see with. I was brainstorming for the boys, when the door opened. Beck stood in  the doorway looking sheepish. 

"Are you going to come in or?" I said raising an eyebrow. He nodded and stepped into the room. He brought from behind his back a bouquet of flowers and a small box. He came and sat on the edge of the bed. He handed me the flowers and held my hand, this time I let it stay there. 

"I'm not mad at you." he  murmured. "I'm so incredibly sorry for the past three days, and i know i can't apologize enough. There's no excuse for my behavior and I know that. And believe me when i say, it will never happen again. I guess I was frustrated because you were right. I screwed up big time, and I didn't want to admit that, but worst of all I didn't even succeed. We didn't find Dante or anything, just that he's sent us more notes in the past three weeks that no one ever told us about. So I was mad at myself for screwing up and leaving you while you were on your heat, and for not succeeding, and that his asshole keeps outsmarting me. Add on to the fact that I had slept much and I really was missing you. I got very irritable. But that doesn't make what I did alright." He sighed and kissed my hand. 

"I had no right to take my stress out on you especially after leaving you during your heat. I regretted those things the minute I said them, and I didn't sleep at all last night." He ran a hand through his hair. "Im not surprised you didnt tell me last night. It would have ruined such a special moment for you tell me when I was in such a bad mood. I know this wasn't what you had planned for telling me, and I'm sorry that I screwed that up too. I'm so sorry, can you please forgive me?" he whispered and looked up at me sadly. I looked in his eyes and all I could see was guilt and regret, and knew that in my heart he would never say those things to me and mean them. 

So I did forgive him I guess. But he had to know that that could never happen again. 

I pulled his head forward to my chest and hugged him to me. 

"I forgive you," I mumbled into his hair, "but if you ever come close to doing that again, I'll slap you right then and there and dont think that I won't." 

"Wouldn't dream of it love," He murmured and pulled away to kiss my lips. "And I know you've had a rough couple of days, so I figured this might cheer you up." He opened the little box, and there was a black velvet box inside. "You're pack ring came in," he said and pulled out the silver band with the large sapphire and elegant scrolling. He slid it onto my right hand and kissed my lips. 

"It's so pretty," I said looking at it. He nodded and bent to kiss my lips. Oh how I missed his lips. 

"I still feel bad," he admitted quietly. 

"You're meant to. But don't. I know why you left. But next time if you have to go be my knight in shining armor, remember to give yourself a break and come home to me and to rest, so that never happens again." 

"Agreed," he said and hugged me close to his body. After a minute he looked at me. "You know, I dont think I've properly met our pup yet." I looked at him in confusion. He gently pushed me to lay back against the bed and straddled my waist carefully, before lifting up my sweatshirt. Sure enough there was a little pouch of fluff, that wasn't there before that was slightly rounded and very firm. He smiled wide, bending down to press his lips to my tiny bump. 

"Hi baby," he whispered. "I'm your daddy. I can't wait to meet you. Daddy loves you so much. And so does mommy. Be nice to mommy, don't kick her too much and let her sleep, got it?" I chuckled as he continued to kiss around my bump. Then he came back up and kissed my lips before me to his chest so we were laying face to face on our sides, looking at each other. 

"We're having a baby," I whispered. 

"We are." He replied. 

"In two months." 

"What?" 

"The goddess genes." 

"You're kidding." 

"Nope Blake said I was three weeks along." I ran my fingers through his hair. 

"Well that means we just get to meet our pup sooner." 

"Can we just snuggle for the rest of the day? I've missed you," 

"Whatever you want, princess." 

"I love you."

"I love you too," he said smiling and kissing my lips, "And you." He murmured before bending down to kiss my belly one last time. 

********************

Im not gonna lie im not a big fan of this one. Eh, tell me what you think! I don't know this was the vibe I was feeling today. I don't like the fighting ones very much, but they can be really heartfelt sometimes, so i have a love hate relationship with them. But cranky Beck makes me cry. Dont do that. That's the shit I dont like. 

So I wrote this chapter instead of studying for my midterm exams :) I'm screwed. :) Again I really hope you guys liked it. I ttried my best and I know its not great but Im running like beyond on empty. 

Also, here's a few things. I noticed some negative kind of feedback on the story, I mean Im glad you commented but if you're going to be negative at least make it constructive so I can improve and not get discouraged. I think I've said it before but I'm not very confident in my writing so I like have to muster myself to post a chapter. So one day I went on and literally a hundred comments i got were all negative and I felt really badly. Negative stuff just makes me feel worse about myself so if you dont like something and you want to comment about it, please be constructive not mean. And honestly most things, especially stuff from early in the book I already know about. Thanks friends. Also, I noticed this story has been connected to a certain kink. *Deep breath, and go* If you're into that great- but this story is not a kink story. Y'all know me, so when I heard the name of the kink you know I did my research and DID I GET AN EDUCATION. Ok yeah i see the similarities, but TAP was not written with the intention of being a kink story, and it still is not a kink. No Beck, is not Alexia's 'daddy' he's her mate and wants to take care of her to show her how much he loves her. God bless. Rant over. :)

But I GOT TO 1 MILLION READS TODAY. OK LIKE WOW. OK LIKE THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH. I honestly never imagined being here at 1 million reads with a bunch of new friends and being number ten on the werewolf list. Hot damn I feel on top of the world.

So next chapter we're going to have a baby shower, maybe learn the sex of the little guy, and learn some more about Dante. Because let's be honest we gotta kill that bastard sometime soon, amiright?

I'm just a whirlwind today. 

Well considering it's one am I should probably sleep, no? Thank you so much for reading and sharing and voting and pushing me to finish this story and for being a part of my life. It means so much to me that you guys love this story so much and I don't think I could even tell you how much I love you in 10,180 words. But i do love each and every one of you. Keep doing you man keep doing you. 

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Alwayslovve486 

Ps. I was going to quit before the author's note but it didn't feel right ya know?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 348 31
Eva has always had a sheltered life and never really got out much but when she decides to move out on her own to a new town, she finds out that there...
25.5K 703 42
Ember Raven escapes her captors after six years of living in a cell. She grew up thinking that she's a natural rogue, not kicked out of a pack, just...
863K 18.8K 26
"Are you afraid of me?" His words came out in a whimper and I flinched away from him. He finally let his forehead rest against mine as he sighed. "Yo...
14.8K 722 56
In Lycan lore, every wolf believes there is a soul that is their equal in every way: a perfect match. Their meeting is predestined, preordained by th...