The Ex's At War

sujal1fan tarafından

Hello All Here I start with the sequel of The Impulsive Soul-Mates. Now don't jump out of your chairs with t... Daha Fazla

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1 - After the Break
Chapter 2 - The Trio Magic
Chapter 3 - I Hate You Like I Love You
Chapter 4 - Willing Fights
Chapter 5 - Good Times Bad Times
Note
Chapter 6 - Excusing Excuses
Chapter 7-Family Times
Chapter 8 Back to Square One
Chapter 9 - Mistakes & Apologies
Chapter 11 - RO(O)M-ANTICS
Chapter 12 - Being Together
Chapter 13 - Diminishing Differences
Chapter 14 - Out of Bounds
Chapter 15 - Lost & Found
Chapter 16 - RIGHTFUL RIGHTS
First Valentines
Chapter 17 - The Man Speaks
Chapter 18 - Mindless Mind
Chapter 19 - Lifeline Lost...
Chapter 20 - Broken Soul
Chapter 21 - The Route to Heal
Chapter 22 - And The Ex's Make Love
Chapter 23 - The Good Days
Chapter 24 - Good Day continues
Chapter 25 - Togetherness
Chapter 26 - Engulfing Fears
NOTE
Info Guys
Chapter 27 - The Dilemma
Chapter 28 - The Way Back Home
Random Moments
Chapter 29 - The Immature Adults
Chapter 30 - Starting Afresh
Chapter 31 - The Not So Sweet Challenge
Chapter 32-New Beginnings
Hola Peeps!!
Chapter 33 - Talks & Self Talks
Chapter 34 - Clouds of Confusion
Chapter 35 - Forever...
Note
Chapter 36 - Pen-Ultimated
Chapter 37 - Fighting The Odds

Chapter 10 - Bon Voyage

18.4K 1K 136
sujal1fan tarafından

At Panache in Mr. Arora's cabin

What is he doing in my office? was the first thought that popped in my head when I saw him with my boss. Was he again up to something? He had apologized the last night but it seems he didn't mean a word of it as he was there to create more problems for me. I tried to study his body language minutely and after living with him all these years that seemed like ages I knew him inside out.

Manik was literally breathing fire and the reason was obvious. One look at him and I knew he was ready to rip Steve into pieces. His annoyance laid with Steve's hand on me but the extreme stiffness on his face was alien to me, this was definitely not the regular jealous Manik, there was more to it but right now I couldn't care more. After the level that he had stooped to I wasn't interested in deciphering the complexities of his mood. I passed equally tough looks as he was doing in fact to add salt to his wounds I gave a wide smile looking at Steve.

"Mr. Ge..Ge...George...wel...welcome", my boss made his presence felt in a defenseless tone. He had lost his confidence in talking fluently after being thrashed by him the day before. Steve ignored his greeting and smiled at Manik instead.

"Oh hello Mr. Malhotra... I wasn't expecting you here", Steve greeted Manik with a dash of surprise.

"Neither was I", Manik replied with forced or rather a constipated smile, "What exactly are you two doing together?", his eyes being stalled at Steve's hand on my waist. I exactly knew what effect it had on Manik to see his territory being trespassed.

"Oh yeah Nandini surprised me too when she paid me a visit in the hotel this morning", Steve replied moving his hand from my waist to my shoulder and giving me a light side hug.

"Okay so you went to the hotel as well..", Manik's nostrils flared and his nerves popped on his forehead at every piece of virtual bomb shell sort of information that he was getting. He was visibly annoyed and I could sense he wanted to break Steve's limbs at any given opportunity. I ignored his looks and focused on Mr. Arora who seemed a little lost all together.

"Ammm Sir Mr. George wants to...", I spoke to my boss but Steve cut me in between.

"Ahh come on Nandini how many times I have told you call me Steve...Mr George sounds so old and boring", he nudged me to be more comfortable with him. Honestly I wasn't really enjoying this frankness of his but seeing Manik boil gave me more satisfaction.

"Steve my foot...bloody old hag", Manik muttered slowly under his breath fisting the paper weight tighter.

"Sorry did you say something?", Mr Arora asked Manik as he saw him mumble something to himself.

"No nothing absolutely nothing..you guys carry on", Manik shrugged and moved back a little.

"Amm Sir actually... Steve", I smiled a little at him, "...wanted to discuss a few things with you regarding the project"

"Yes Mr. Arora honestly after yesterday's conduct I had made up my mind against you guys but today when Nandini came to meet me I decided otherwise...to err is human and at some points we all have committed glitches", Steve sounded pedantic and for some reason Manik fumed more as if he wanted to strangulate him before words could come out of his mouth but controlled himself and Steve continued, "So when Nandini requested for a second chance I couldn't deny...I must say you have found one gem of an employee in Nandini", Steve gave me an encouraging pat on my back and Mr. Arora looked a little embarrassed to meet my eyes remembering the sort of allegations he had badgered me with, definitely by now if he had any doubts regarding my sincerity and commitment towards my job then that was nullified. Manik certainly looked displeased at the recent developments.

"Thank you Nandini and Thank you Mr. George for considering your decision again", Mr. Arora stepped forward excitedly for a shake hand with Steve without noticing his way. Manik stealthily extended his leg in between and my boss tripped. He opened his arms and flapped his hand in air to get some support from somewhere but there was none and he landed straight on Steve. I gasped as his lips pasted on Steve' s cheek, an inch closer and they would have smooched. I could laugh my guts out at the scene. I replayed the scene in my head in slow motion, the desperately flapping hands of my boss, Steve looking at him in horror and anticipation, Mr. Arora's lips coiled into a big fat O and the finally the THUMP!!! and the much awaited XO. I sniggered noisily and immediately covered my mouth. Manik grunted loudly and I suppressed my teeth that were dying to flash at the sight. No matter how much I deny the scene was hilarious. But I maintained a straight face and glowered at Manik angrily for his stupid revenge tricks.

"Sir..sir are you okay??", I rushed to his side and helped him to separate and stand straight and Manik as usual enjoyed the situation.

Steve and Arora both were grossly embarrassed at such display of unwanted and uncalled for display of affection. Steve flushed as if somebody had kicked him in the groin publicly and Mr. Arora gave desperate looks at all three of us to justify that he was straight.

"Mr. Arora watch your steps... you were about to make breaking news", Manik remarked with a chuckle and Steve went all shades of red and green. Mr. Arora passed a glare at Manik knowing he was the reason behind his great fall.

"Steve we should talk somewhere else", Mr. Arora gave me a look and led Steve outside who followed him reluctantly. I tried to step out too but Manik grabbed me.

"Where do you think you are going? I am not done with you yet", he yanked me inside to him and locked the door.

"Manik let go off me", I spat at him but he held me tight against the wall.

He bordered me in between his hands, "Why the hell were you with him? Why do you have to be so impatient? I was here na to talk to your boss everything was almost sorted then why on earth did you have to poke your nose in between", Manik was ridiculously aggressive.

"Oh hello Mr. Malhotra you already did what you wanted to do there is no need to pretend to do damage control besides why do you even want to help me after spoiling it all", I snapped back at him.

"Listen Mrs. Malhotra I want you to stay away from that bloody Steve that's it and for that if it needs that you will stay out of this project then you will", he ordered rightfully hovering over my face.

"Oh really!! And who do you think you are to decide that?", I fearlessly looked into his eyes.

"Do I have to answer that?", he grabbed my waist roughly and I winced in pain. I wasn't getting what was wrong with him and why was he behaving like a maniac.

"Manik its hurting", I begged trying to free me from his grip and he pressed on to me more.

"I don't care", he exploded at the top of his voice, "you are not letting that leech anywhere near you do you understand that?"

"Stop it Manik...What s wrong with you? Why on earth are you behaving like this?", I desperately tried to push him back.

"He is a bloody womanizer and was arrested the night he wanted to take you to a party", he finally spilled the beans behind the absurd behavior.

The sudden revelation left me in shock. I didn't know how to react, "You are lying...you are just jealous and I don't trust you", I retorted in a shaky and an uncertain tone.

"This is exactly the reason why I did what I did"

"But I never felt anything wrong I know he goes a little overboard in expressing himself at times but he has never crossed his line"

"You think I should wait for him to cross the line...I will break his neck if he touches you again", he was spitting fire in his words and punched the wall hard. I closed my eyes in horror. It was long since I have seen him this angry over something. When I opened my eyes after a while I felt him breathing unevenly over my neck. He was still angry.

"Manik please calm down", I tried to touch him but he jerked my hands off, "Fine I won't let him touch me okay", I spoke softly to assure him. He was a kid where I had to literally hold his hand and calm him down. I felt a flutter in my tummy realizing the fact our moment together was not an act by the sense of it. Slowly his eyes became softer and I knew I was now in control of him.

"But that doesn't justify your deeds Manik..what you did was extremely unprofessional" I accused him authoritatively but Manik gave a remorseless grin and that annoyed me more.

We heard a knock at the door. It was my boss.

"Why the door was locked Nandini?", he asked with a rim of doubt as to what were we both doing behind closed door.

"Ammm No sir it wasn't..I think it got jammed", I footed the door stopper and lied calmly.

Manik grinned at my excuse making my position even weaker. Mr. Arora brushed off Manik's presence and informed that Steve would head back to London now and wanted to meet us with the presentation after a month when he came back.

"His visa is cancelled..he is being deported", Manik whispered to my ears with a smile and I just looked at him blankly, "So now all of it is sorted no more complaints right??", Manik declared loudly and we kept quiet. Mr. Arora just looked happy that we still had the project.

"But I am still the best you see", he announced with an air over confidence and gave a crooked smile and winked at me evilly before leaving.

After Manik left Mr. Arora seemed sorry for his behavior before. He wanted me to stay back. I was thinking if I should accept the offer or drop it, knowing Manik I was sure he would again do something if he found Steve close to me. Mr. Arora saw me silent and out of concern if I might decline his proposal he offered me to take long leave for some time and then come back with fresher and better designs. I sighed and finally agreed.

***

In AURA

"Mukti are you seriously getting married?", Cabir's eyes seemed that they were ready to pop and roll on the floor. It wasn't that strange either; Mukti always came across as a bossy and no nonsense girl; she hardly had anything feminine in her mannerisms except for her physical appearance and a girl like that could madly fall in love with someone and was ready to commit for life, was hard to believe. Mukti brushed Cabir's concerns in a gimmicky expression.

"Ho gaya!!", she stuck her palm out to put a brake on Cabir's silly giggles, "Now should we concentrate on our mission"

"Yes totally", he held a thumbs up in agreement.

"Ahhh what are you discussing"?, Manik garnered their attention from back fiddling with his phone.

"Tu zinda hai??", Cabir opened his mouth in surprise, "I thought kal Nandini ne tera murder kar diya hoga", he laughed out loud and gave a hi five to Mukti.

"Ha Ha Ha very funny are you done or is there anything left?", Manik grimaced sarcastically.

"Manik Manik Manik leave this idiot and listen to me...you are my friend na...you love me na...wont you do this much for me?"

"Hang on what's the matter why are you buttering so much...very unlike you", Manik arched his eyebrows in suspicion.

"She is getting married to Harshad in 15 days", Cabir broke the suspense

"What?? Are you serious?? Harshad?? Mukti you can't be serious...till now I was thinking you were fooling around..when?? how?? I mean why??", Manik looked shocked rather than happy. Mukti knew Manik and Harshad's not so good equation but the reason was still dubious. Honestly Manik never had any concrete reason to dislike him but he still couldn't digest his presence around him.

"Manik why are you being so dramatic...you know I love him and so does he and now we have decided to get married..so just try to be happy for your friend", she pulled his cheeks adorably and that irritated him more, "Acha so coming to the topic..Harshad has planned for a destination wedding in Greece...its going to be one hell of a occasion and and and the surprising part is we are all going to go on a cruise ship...isn't it exciting...he had told me he would make it grand", Mukti's excitement turned into blushing and she turned crimson red.

"Mukti all this blushing business doesn't go with you so chuck it", he cut her out.

"So you are coming na", she looked at him hopefully but Manik looked a little thoughtful, "Come on Manik you guys are my only family and on such an important occasion I want you guys to be with me...wont you do this much for me", she tilted her head and made an sorry face and Manik melted.

"Fine drama queen..I will and anyways Steve is out for a month so we can accommodate this but yeah ask that husband of yours to be far away from me", Manik had his conditions ready.

Mukti and Cabir gleed cheerfully and Manik shook his head at their giddiness. He moved away to go to his cabin but stopped in between, "Ammm are you...inviting ...Nandini...I mean I was just asking", he shrugged his shoulders as if it didn't bother him much.

"Of course...Mukti will but I just hope Nandini says yes especially after what you did I don't know...", Cabir spoke doubtfully to tease him. Manik huffed and moved out and the evil twins rejoiced to have hit bang on target.

***

"Daddyyy", Manini ran towards Manik happily as she found him waiting for her at the school gate. Manik picked his little baby in his arms and kissed her affectionately and in return got two big fat kisses on either of his cheeks.

"So Daddy is on time for his princess", Manik said brushing her hair.

"Daddy ale you shad? Becaushh Mommy shaid she hates you...I will tell Mommy not to hate you", she palmed his rugged cheeks adorably. Manik smiled at her concern for him and kissed her on the forehead. She was his tiny bundle of joy and her talks made him feel good about him. Manik would never show but he wanted me to join them for the cruise. He knew I might decline it purposely to avoid being with him and so his only handy weapon was his daughter, not to forget this occasion would also allow him to spend ample amount of time with his heartbeat.

"Princess do you miss me?", Manik laid his bait smartly and my innocent baby nodded her head in a desperate yes, "So I have an idea where we can spend lots of time together", his words made her eyes twinkle in joy and he whispered to her about the cruise trip. Manini was over excited at the proposal and agreed to try to convince me.

***

Late in the evening

"Kadduu baby come we have to do homework", I called her out while she was busy playing with her bunny in the living room. I walked up to her and picked her up without her permission and she frowned at that, "Kadduu you are troubling me a lot these days...you don't listen to me once", I scolded her strictly.

"Mommy play with me pleashhh", she held up her bunny and made a cute pout.

I kissed the tip of her nose and smiled, "Okay let's finish your homework first and then Mommy and baccha will play hide and seek."

She didn't seem very pleased with the idea of studying first. I made her sit on the table top and opened the colorful ABC book for her.

"Mommy I am hungly", she came up with the second trick in her kitty.

"Yeah I know exactly how hungry you are...only when I ask you to study you want to eat or else you make me run through the entire house to have your food", I pursed my lips in annoyance and she made a adorable face. I could never resist her innocent looks, fed up I went to the kitchen to get something for her when the door bell rang and I got the door.

A wide smile graced my face when I found Mukti and Harshad at the door, "Oh my God Harshad Mukti what a pleasant surprise...please come in", I held their hands and pulled them in my abode.

"How are you Nandini?", Harshad asked in a pleasant warm voice and hugged me lightly.

"You don't talk to me at all...had it not been for Mukti I wouldn't have known what are you guys up to", I l said leading them inside.

Both Mutki and Harshad laughed at my complaints whilst Harshad settled on the couch and Mukti ran to Manini to pull her cheeks. She shook her head vigorously to not let Mukti irritate her. I went and brought her down the table and she greeted the guests with a smile and Mukti settled beside Harshad while I sat with Manini on my lap.

"Okay Nandini so now that you know that what we are up to then let me tell you we are here for a reason", Harshad held Mukti's hand with a smile. They both gave a look to each other and Mukti dished out her marriage schedule and plans. I was obviously elated to hear the news but the invitation to join them in the cruise left me in two minds.

"Ammm Mukti I would have loved to come but you know na Manini's school and her studies..I don't know if I can", I tried to explain.

"Come on Nandini she is just a 4 year old kid..how much stress from school yaar...please come na I really want you to be there", Mukti insisted.

Manini remembered her talks with her Daddy and held up her ABC book in front of my face, "Mommy shee I am studying..pleashhh Mommy letsh go fol oliday...I plomish I will do my homwolk and I will not tubble you pleashhh", she tilted her head up and held my chin to make me look at her. Manini's insistence irked me a little though. She was never very fond of Mukti because she used to pull her cheeks a lot and here she wanted to attend her wedding which meant a holiday to her. I ignored her and looked back at my friends.

"But Mukti this project na..."

"Nandini bahane mat banao... Manik told me that Steve went back to London and will show up after a month or so...just say that you don't consider me as a friend and you don't want to come", Mukti said sadly and looked at Harshad.

I gave up and finally agreed for the trip. On second thoughts it would be fun. I had never been on a cruise trip and it sounded fun. Mukti and Harshad had stood by me during hard times and it was all the more my responsibility to honor their request on such a special occasion in their lives. They breathed in relief to have convinced me and Manini jumped with joy for getting her way. My only concern was my stupid husband. He could wreck havoc in my life even when he was not around and now I would have to spend an entire fortnight with him around but I graced myself for the days to come.

***

The departure was decided after 3 days. It was apparently a 7 day voyage and rest for the wedding and other functions. I was as such on a leave and organizing Manini's school also wasn't much of a problem. I made other arrangements and packed mine and my baby's stuff. I was glad to know that Navya would also join us at least I had company other than Mukti but that also meant that plastic faced loser Rewa along with her dumb assistant Rose would also be a part of the voyage and that irked me a little.

I reached the Mumbai International Cruise terminal with Manini. She seemed really excited for the trip, she had packed one whole bag with her barbies, teddies and bunny bears. I found Cabir and Navya waiting for us the entrance terminal. Navya came running and engulfed me in a hysteric bear hug, he actions vouched for her exhilaration. Cabir too greeted me with a hug and Manini with their trade mark hi five and kisses. He handled the identification and documentation and also the luggage disposal and Navya led us to board the cruise.

A cheerful Mukti was already waiting at the deck for my arrival with Harshad and they received us warmly. I looked around the cruise. It was an enormous 3 storied cruise booked entirely for all the guests for the wedding.

"Nandini I hope you are comfortable", Harshad asked cordially.

"Yes I am"

"And what about you cutie pie??", Mukti hinted at my princess and she just jumped like a frog holding my hand. Mukti's happiness was evident from her smile. It felt good to be a part in her special moments.

My eyes scanned around to get a glimpse of my crazy husband. He couldn't miss Mukti's wedding so had to be around but then why was I looking out for him any way. I muttered 2 abuses under my breath for the monkey in my life. No sooner I heard two irritating voices behind my back and I knew who it was. Rewa grimaced instantly as she found me and my daughter there and Rose poured something in her ear, she completely discarded my presence over there and spoke to Harshad. Mukti made a face and greeted them out of formality. They soon left to their rooms while Mukti took me for a tour on the cruise and Manini happily went ahead with her Uncle Billa to dig in the playing area for kids.

"Nandini I hope you understand I had to invite Rewa and Rose", Mukti said apologetically.

"Mukti please..are you mad? why are you apologizing?..its completely fine", I assured her patting her shoulder and we went ahead to have a better view of our world for the next few days. It was a huge ship with lavishly decorated interiors. Mukti gave me a tour of the deck, lobby and dining area.

"Nandini you look exhausted...do one thing go rest in your room its the third one from the left and I will see you later and don't worry about Manini I will ask Cabir to drop her to the room okay, Mukti suggested. I was a little tired so I agreed Mukti led me to my room a little further and left.

The room was warm and cozy. I swung my bag on the couch and went to the window to have a view of the sea. The shimmering sunlight on the blue crystal water carrying the ship looked beautiful. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt two hands wrap around my waist and he nuzzled over my neck. I immediately turned back in fear.

"You... what the hell are you doing here in my room?", I shouted the moment I found the monster standing bare bodied with just a towel wrapping the lower half of his body.

"Oh it's you I thought it was Rewa", Manik chuckled purposely to annoy me palming his bare chest.

"Do I look like Rewa the b*t*h to you", I asked crossing my arms against my body.

"Right...right...you can't be Rewa", he said marking his hand in air denoting the height difference between Rewa and me. I pushed his chest irritably and he laughed.

"You were going to share your room with her?", I asked him with a stupid hopeless expression.

Manik enjoyed more seeing the jealously driven look on my face, "Ammm...leave it but does this mean that WE are like sharing a room", he started with a confused look which slowly turned into an evil monstrous smile and edged towards me.

And you know what you have to do for the next update jaldii   ;))

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

269K 11.2K 40
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.1M 48.1K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
369K 13.2K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...