Chapter 25 - Togetherness

"Manik what are we doing here?", I asked looking around cluelessly. It was past 12 in the night and Manik had got me to the lawn that too in p.j.'s. He bore an innocently adorable smile on his face and gaped at me and that smile instantly reflected on my lips too. He was happy and I could see that, his eyes had a different kind of twinkle in it. I gestured my queries with my eyes and he smiled more. He held my hand and made me sit of the soft brimming grass. I resisted a little and looked around if anybody was watching us, not that we were doing any crime of something but just that it was someone else's place that we were in and might not go well with a houseful of guests around.

Manik nudged my hand to sit down. He had already comfortably spread himself on the grass and I followed him. He stretched his arm out and I placed my head on it lightly and lied beside him comfortably.

"Does this remind you of something", he asked softly and I nodded with a smile.

Well if not exactly similar but we had had a night like this before, the park in Ahmedabad where the emptiness of the night was filled with our love for each other. We lay there happily dazing at the stars above us which lit the night sky so beautifully. I turned towards Manik to find him contently looking at the stars probably thanking them for giving me back to him. I followed him and closed my eyes to pray; even I had to bestow my list of thank yous to them. I suddenly felt something around my neck and opened my eyes to see a beautiful heart shaped pendant around my neck.

 I suddenly felt something around my neck and opened my eyes to see a beautiful heart shaped pendant around my neck

Pic credit Google & Uploader

"I was buying Mukti's gift and found this for you...open it", he pointed at the pendant and I looked at him in awe. My smile refused to leave my lips at his sweet gestures. Manik poked again to stop admiring and opening it. It was a three way heart shaped pendant intermingled with each other, the outer bigger one symbolized him cocooning us in his warmth, the second one was me that glittered like a star like I was to him and the last tiny one was Manini whose golden presence in our lives was as precious and dear as the metal itself. I smiled like a love struck fool to see it. I kissed it first and then Maniks cheek and hugged him tight.

"Manik how much did you miss me all this while?", I questioned bearing a childlike innocence in my eyes. It was silly of me but I wanted a measurement now and Manik got the perfect opportunity to tease me.

"Not much though...maybe this much", he showed a slight amount on his index finger and making a face as if he was really contemplating the answer.

His answer really irritated me even if I knew he was pulling my leg, "I know you didn't miss me at all because if you did tum kabhi chod ke jaate hi nahi...pata hai I cried so much"

"Ahhh!! I know that you are a cry baby", he had his time teasing me.

"Manik!!!", I slapped his chest out of sheer annoyance.

"Ohkay fine baba..I am sorry..relax now...you know now that I come to think of it...I just feel how stupid we were...we were about to ruin the most beautiful thing of our lives but then we were also not at fault entirely...so many things happened back to back that I was just not thinking straight", he exasperated restlessly, "And on top of that you were behaving like...I am still upset with you for that"