Pendant: The Golden Leaf

By Deus-Fox

Back in XIX century, there was a village known as Golden Leaf. During hard days it got raided by unknown orga... More

Chapter I: Wrong Village
Chapter III: Strange world

Chapter II: The past events

21 5 1
By Deus-Fox

Wolf was standing in front of the city wall, it was glorious wall with a great gate. next to the entrance to the city there was some kind of information. Wolf thought that it was destroyed due to the passing time, therefore something apparently caused the destruction. It looked like there was iron plaque removed with force. Wolf didn't take much attention to it. He did enter the city and started to look for the library. He was searching for hour, without any effect. He knew that he have to find some place to sleep, there was a hotel in the city, which should be good place to leave all things he have found so far. He have asked one of militants, where he can find a hotel.

-Excuse me, I am really busy right now.
-I need to know where is the closest hotel. - repeated Wolf.
-Fine, just walk down the street we are on, turn left and pass the church. You should see old building with a "Hotel" sign on it. Now get off my face. - answered annoyed man.

Wolf did how he was instructed, he found the hotel easily. He did enter building, it was huge and old. Apparently there was a great history hidden in walls of the building. Wolf got closer to the reception desk. 

-Excuse me. I am looking for a room to sleep in.
-Please wait, I will check if we have free rooms. - woman behind desk told.
-I am not in hurry.
-Sadly we have no more free rooms. - Answered woman after 10 minutes of searching in documents.
-Completely nothing? Well, I think, I will wait when there will be a free room. - Wolf with irritation answered.

In same moment as Wolf and Receptionist talk a fat man did enter the hall and threw a bag on one of chairs in the corner. 

-Hello there Anna, book a room for me. - Told a fat man
-Oh you are in luck Mister! We have one free room. - answered back woman behind the desk.
-Wait, wait, wait. You told me that you have no free rooms! - told confused and angry Wolf.
-Oh, but Sir. You are no one known, Mister Goldberg is way more important then you.
-Oh, thats truth, you should throw that nasty critter out of this glorious hotel. - Told Mister Goldberg.
-What?! - answered with anger Wolf.
-You have heard me correctly. You are dirty peasant, which should have been thrown away. - Repeated Mister Goldberg.
-Are you going to sit like that? Or should i call Militia? - asked woman.
-Are you serious? Are you an ass to everyone who enter the hotel?
-I will call a Militia!
-Right, right. I will leave. - told with sadness Wolf.

Wolf walked out of the hotel, he was really tired already and he had to find some place to sleep. There was some carton box lying on the street next to hotel, Wolf decided to use it as a bed.

Next day was a weird day, Wolf got woken up by the Militia force all over the hotel. He did stand up and came closer to one of the Militias.

-What happened? - asked steel sleepy wolf.
-There was a murder, no one is allowed to enter. 
-Who was murdered?
-I can't tell it, the body got completely destroyed. Now please let us work! - Told a bit annoyed Militia man.

Wolf did as the man asked, walked away and decided to look for help around. There was a newspaper right behind the corner. He did enter the building with hope of finding some important information. Therefore doors in corridor were all closed,resigned Wolf  has left the building. He got stopped by a same man, who told him about murder.

-Stop, do not move! - yelled Militia with gun pulled in the direction of Wolf.
-What the hell!? - surprised Wolf asked.
-You are suspect in case of murderer! 
-What? They didn't even let me in any room. - Answered back with being even more surprised.
-You were arguing with Mr. Goldberg day before he got murdered! You are main suspect in the case!.
-You can't be serious! I would not kill him! - Wolf started to slowly walk away from officer.
-Stop or I will shot! - Yelled once again officer.
-Oh hell, fine, fine. I will do what you ask me to do.

Militants took Wolf to the main quarters, they took his bag and started to search through his things. They have found big red pendant as well as other things. One of them started to look at the pendant.

-What do you think it is? - man asked looking at the pendant with liquid inside.
-I do not know, what is inside of it? - another man answered.
-Blood maybe, do you think that guy is a cultist? -

Both men looked at themselves with fear, Wolf noticed it and started to wonder what is going on.

-Occultism? You have to be kidding me, why do you think so? - Asked surprised and curious Wolf.
-We are asking questions here! - answered back one of men.
-What is the liquid inside of the pendant? - man with pendant in hands asked.
-I have no idea, I have found it in the Golden Leaf village.
-G-Golden Leaf? - both men asked in same time like they fear something.
-Uhm, Yes. I have found it in one of buildings when i explored its ruins. - Answered Wolf being even more surprised then first time.

Officers did close Wolf in arrest and started to discuss between themselves.

-What do you think we should do with him? - asked one.
-I do not know, I think he might be a cultist.
-I fear so too, what if rest of them will appear? - asked with huge fear in eyes.
-You know, we better throw him out. We can't risk our lives. - Other man told with fear in his voice.

In same time chief officer entered the room. He have heard talk from before, apparently he was new as he didn't even know what the occultism they talk about is. It looked like not only Wolf had no clue about what everyone talk.

-You want to free a murderer? are you stupid? - Chief asked.
-But, sir. He is cultist! - answered man with pendant in hands.
-And its why you are playing with that pendant like its some kind of toy? Because its related to occultism? - laughed Chief.

The man holding the pendant threw it on the floor, in moment whole room became darker, chief started to scream both policemen started to run away. In middle of room, most likely where the pendant was thrown, appeared something looking like a crack in the floor. Beasts looking like the one which escaped through the window in Golden Leaf village, started to leave the crack in the floor. Wolf seeing that got really scared, beasts started to jump at people and killing them. Just in few minutes whole room was filled with blood. Wolf, still shocked was looking at the event. Someone did appear behind him.

-You see, the pendant is something more then just, thing you should wear on your neck. - Mysterious voice told.
-What the hell is going on!? - shocked Wolf yelled.
-Its the price these people took for playing with things they do not understand. Now let me open the cell. - character told and after while one of beasts started to walk in direction of the Wolf.
-Take it away from me! - Screamed wolf.
-Do not worry, it won't do anything to you. You have blood of the pendant owner in your veins. - Told a mysterious person.
-Wait, what does this pendant do?! - asked terrified Wolf.

Mysterious character was completely silent, it did extend its hand in order to get the keys from the beast. In same moment Wolf noticed that hands of the mysterious person are not human like, they were more like paws. Mysterious person did open the doors of cell, and walked into the corridor. Wolf tried to follow but didn't manage to do so. Mysterious person disappeared right behind the corner. 

-The hell happen? - asked himself Wolf.

The crack in the floor started to shrink and beasts started to run away from the room he was in. He took the pendant and other things which Militia did take from him. He was aware that pendant is no toy, but he was still not sure what happened to the village. He did take in hand the bottle filled with oil. It was important clue. He had to discover what stand behind it. He took a trip to the morgue before leaving the building. He had to check body of Mister Goldberg. When he entered the morgue, he saw that there was no one, also no sight of the blood on walls. He did assume, no one was there when beasts started to kill people around. He did walk to the huge table with body on it. It was what left of the man. His head was bitten off. His legs were broken. Wolf noticed a weird knife next to the body. It looked like some ceremonial dagger, it had big ruby in its handle. Wolf took and put it in the bag. 

-It might be useful later. - He did bark to himself
-Who, who is there! - some terrified voice from behind corner yelled.
-Don't worry, I do not want to hurt you. - Answered Wolf.
-I do not believe! I saw what you have done to others Cultist! - terrified man yelled.

Then Wolf saw that the man is slowly leaning from behind the corner, he had something in his hands. It looked like two long pipes. Wolf already knew what it was, he did jump on the table and hide behind massive body of the Mister Goldberg. In same moment terrified man did shot with the shotgun. It made parts of the fat man fly all over the room. Wolf got hit by pellet in the chest, in same moment man started to load more pellets into the shotgun. He had enough strength to lean from behind the cover and throw a dagger, surprisingly to Wolf, dagger bended its flight trajectory and hit the man right into his chest. Man died instantly. Wolf did slowly walk to the lifeless body, of man who just tried to shot him. He saw that the dagger's ruby had floating liquid inside, therefore he was not sure if it had it before. He did pull it from the man's body and did put it in the bag. He took also a shotgun, when he had everything he needed he could leave the morgue. On his way up he have heard some steps, it sounded like few people run on the stairs. He had to think of something, there was a little corridor next to him, he tried to hide there. Unlucky for him, he was seen by one of men who ran down to morgue. 

-Stop, I see someone. - one of men did yell to rest.
-Don't, don't shot! - Wounded Wolf screamed.
-Drop your weapon! - Yelled one of men
-As you wish. - Wolf threw the pendant on the floor grinning.

Men started to scream and run around, but pendant didn't release beasts this time. Wolf didn't know what happened, last time someone threw the pendant army of beasts started to kill everything around. One of Militia men noticed that Wolf is not sure what happened, and started to aim in the wolf with his gun. In same moment Wolf noticed it and started to shake his hands in awkward way. When man noticed weird movement of Wolf's hands he did start to scream like little children and started to run upstairs. In same moment rest of militia have ran out of the building. Wolf did walk to the pendant he threw while ago, he did notice lack of the liquid in the pendant.

-Thats probably why nothing happened, the liquid inside was some kind of fuel for it! - Wolf told to himself.

He did hide the pendant back into his bag. There was no one who could stop him from leaving the building now. When he was already outside, some old woman yelled to him:

-Mister! I can help you! Come fast!

He did do as she told, he came to her, they have escaped to the basement of her house. She did ask him, if he do know anything about the pendant. 

-I have no idea about it. I've found it in the Golden Leaf village day ago. - Told Wolf, woman ceased to even breath, it looked like the name of the village worked like some spell on her. - Hey, do you hear me? Hey? HEY! - He has yelled to her with all his strength.
-Yes, of course. Its the place, Golden leaf. It was destroyed years ago by weird machines. Anyone who did manage to escape was believed to change into some beasts. Remaining people were taken to the barn and shot there by the people who destroyed the village. - Woman answered to Wolf.
-Change into beasts? What do you mean? - asked Wolf.
-I do not know, its just a local legend, but since i did see that weird beasts did start to escape the building you were in. Oh lord, I thought that its the same thing all over again. - Told woman with fear in her eyes.
-And the machine army? What it was? 
-They had big vehicles, cars i think. They did differ from normal cars, they had huge cannons on them. It allowed these machine men to destroy the village. They had also some automotive bicycles. Bicycles! - repeated woman.
-Bicycles? you mean with engine, like cars? - asked wolf.
-Yes, yes
-How are they called? Machine men I mean!
-No one know, they appear when things start to get out of their control. Its why i did fear that they came back. This time to raze and murder everyone in the city!
-What do you know about the murder which happened in the local hotel?
-I have heard it was some beast, werewolf people tell. I didn't see it, I hope, I won't have to see it! - Woman told with even more fear in the voice.
-Right, can you tell me anything about this dagger? - Wolf have shown to her a dagger he found in morgue.
-No, I fear. I have no idea what it is. Looks like some dagger, but it has a ruby in its handle.
-I think it is all i need to know. Is there any way you can help me?
-You should head to the south, and find gypsies. They might know about these items you have! - told worried woman.
-So, I should risk my life to get robbed? Are you insane? - asked Wolf.
-Of course not, they are known to know a bit about magic and magical items! - answered back woman.
-So, it might be worth a try. Thank you again. 

Wolf have walked out on the street. He saw a group of people with torches walking around the streets. He did assume that they are going after him, it caused him to avoid the sight of people. He walked close enough to gate to see that it was closed. He did try to climb on the building he was near, it would allow him to get on the roof and eventually get on the wall. That is why, he did catch the old pipe of gutter. It looked like it was in bad condition, but he decided to try to climb anyway. When he was already few meters above the ground, pipe started to make worrying sounds. Wolf have seen a crack in its side, he tried to kick the wooden window to open it, his foot instead got stuck in its frame, and the pipe broke in half, secound part flied right into the window on the opposite building breaking it. Someone did scream.

-Oh my god! They killed Kenny! 

Wolf tried to escape unnoticed. but the window frame in which his leg got stuck was really hard to disband. He managed therefore to force whole frame out of the wall. He started to climb higher. To hear that someone did yell.

-Militia! They stole my window! Help!

Wolf decided to get even higher then he was, but the window frame stuck on his leg was making everything harder. He started to kick the wall to get rid of the frame. When it did finally break and fall down the street one of militia men got hit in the head with its remains. When officers realized where Wolf is they started to shot at him. One of bullets did hit the gutter to which pipe on which Wolf was hanging was welded. Wolf already imagined his death, but the gutter got stuck on the gutter of building across the alley. He managed to climb up to the gutter but it was in really bad condition already. He did jump on the gutter of another building, it broke and made him fall to the bathroom of apartment above which it was hanged. He has fell right into the bath. It was filled with water, he managed to stand up quickly open the door and break through the doors to the corridor he did run to the window, where he have seen staircase. It was old and rusty, but it was in way better condition then gutters he was climbing while ago. He managed to get on the roof of the building. It was only a bit above the city wall, but it was only the way he could escape. He has propelled himself and has jumped. He managed to catch the ledge of wall. It was old, older then him, but it was made to defend city from attacks. Wolf only prayed that it won't break now, now when he is trying to climb up. Then the ledge started to break. Wolf started to climb more energetically but he failed to climb over the ledge, he started to fall. He started to wonder what will happen now, will he die from the hit in the ground, or will they catch him. Thanks to his luck he managed to fall on the wall balcony, when he realized that he was not falling, but sitting on safe balcony. He did start to look around to enter the inner part of the wall. Since it was not used as a defensive wall since years, there were apartments now, he did break the doors to the room. and then broke the doors to the corridor. There was no staircase and no window big enough to jump from it to the lake nearby. He have started to run in the left direction. He did run for few minutes but found completely nothing. Therefore he thought about possibility of staircase being built as separate room. He did start to open doors which looked like they are not entrance doors to someone's apartment. He have found storage room with fire ax in it. He did start to check other doors. One solid looking doors were closed. Wolf did realize that there was a fire ax in next room. It was his key to the staircase. He did run for it, when he took it he ran back to the closed doors. He started to chop these. After few minutes of intensive chopping he could walk through the doors. It indeed was a staircase, finally he could escape on the top part of the wall. Where he could finally jump down the lake but he needed some line first. To reduce the height between him and water.

-Shit, I guess one was in the storage. - yelled to himself

He ran down the staircase and started to look for the rope. It took him few minutes but he have found it. When he did enter the staircase he saw a militia man aiming at him with his gun. He had little time to react, he took part of the chopped doors and threw them down the stairs, it was heavy so also militia men felt with it. He therefore started to run back on the top. Wolf Tied a line to the wall and threw other end behind it, he did start to climb down the line, but militia managed to get on the top of wall, one of them did cut the line when Wolf was already half way down. He have felt to the lake but survived, before anyone managed to get down there, he have ran to the forest already.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 594 24
❀ β‚Šβ»βˆ˜ο½₯ Now Playing: ❝I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! at the Disco❞ [β–ΆοΈŽ/❙❙/β—ΌοΈŽ/⟳] 1:28 βΈ --❍-----βΈ‘ 3:06 ,,Oh, well in fact Well, I'll look at it thi...
13.8K 187 26
W świecie baśni i legend historie toczą się niezmiennie tym samym torem od pokoleń. Coraz częściej jednak postacie buntują się i chcą stać się kowala...
3.2K 177 27
Nastoletnie życie nie zawsze bywa dobre tym bardziej jej, Kaia nie wie co wydarzy się w przyszłości, myśli ona, że dalej będzie żyć z znęcającymi się...
1.1K 83 9
𝑾 π’˜π’Šπ’†π’Œπ’– π’π’”Μπ’Žπ’Šπ’– 𝒍𝒂𝒕 𝒛𝒐𝒂𝒕𝒂𝒋𝒆 π’‚π’…π’π’‘π’•π’π’˜π’‚π’π’š π’ƒπ’š π’˜ π’„π’›π’‚π’”π’Šπ’† π’›π’…π’π’ƒπ’šπ’„π’Šπ’‚ π’‘π’†π’π’π’π’π’†π’•π’π’π’”Μπ’„π’Š 𝒅𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒄́𝒏�...