Mr. Book Store

נכתב על ידי alwaysbeingme17

McKinley Davis is trying to kick start her career as a book writer. Already working for a writing company at... עוד

Outlook On Life~1
The Reason Why~2
Mount McKinley~3
I feel protected here~4
The Feeling~6
Sleeping Habits~7
Time Of Need~8
Did you...?~9
to be loved and to be in love~10
How did we end up here?~11
If You Don't Know~12
McKinley's Birthday~13
Period.~14
His life, Her Life~15
The Proposal~16
When You're In Love~17
Don't let me go~18
So In Love~19
Lessons Learned~20
Emotions~21
Always more~22
Can I sleep in your bed?~23
True Love~ 24
What More?~25
Filler~26
Mine~27
Her Choice~28
New Beginnings~29
Moving In~30
One Year~31
Sick Days~32
The Future~33
Christmas Time~34
Vegas!~ 35
Kids with a plan~36
Big Decisions~37
Final~38

Christmas Time~5

27 0 0
נכתב על ידי alwaysbeingme17

MR BOOK STORE

CHAPTER 5

MCKINLEY P.O.V 

Once I was finally feeling better, I was able to actually leave my apartment and get to work. Courtney had told me that if I wasn't feeling that great I could take half days and just work from home, so that's what I did. It's surprising how much more work I got done in my own house without anyone distracting me. That is until Luke came in the door with a bag of food. 

"Hello, Love." He said kissing me and setting the bag down on the coffee table. "I brought you some soup." 

"Thank you." I smiled at him. "When do you get off work for Christmas?" 

"Starting tomorrow, what about you?"

"The same." Christmas was on a Friday this year and tomorrow was Wednesday. "Are we going to leave tomorrow because I have to pack." 

"If you want. We probably should so we have time to settle and stuff. We're staying at my parents house though. Is that okay?" 

"Yeah, that's fine." Once he left I finished the article I was working on before sending it off to Courtney to read before I headed to my bedroom to start packing. I packed a few pairs of leggings, a pair of jeans, tons of shirts, a few pairs of shoes, socks, panties/bra's and anything else I might need while we were away. That's when my phone rang and my mom's number flashed across it. "Hi." I said answering the phone.

"Hi honey. How are you?" 

"I'm okay." I answered sighing. I hadn't talked to her in a while and she knew why I hadn't. She picked him over me. 

"I was just wondering if you were coming home for Christmas." She said into the phone. 

"Oh no. I'm really busy with work. I won't be making it home this year." I lied to her. I didn't want to tell her that I was going to guys house for Christmas when we just started dating a few days ago. She would never approve of that and she would think that I went back to my hoe days. 

"Oh, well okay. Merry Christmas." She said and I could tell she was frowning on the other side of the phone. 

"Merry Christmas." I said before hanging up. I had always had an amazing relationship with my younger brother but he moved to California to try and become an actor right after I moved to New York. The only one still at home was my 24 year old older brother. Me and my younger brother were only a year and four days apart and he truly was my best friend but living on different places of the country with different time zones really screwed up our relationship and we were never able to get it back. 

That night once I was done packing I called Luke to see what time he would be coming to pick me up the next day and he eventually convinced me to stay the night at his house but I needed someone to watch the cat for me. 

So I dragged my bag out to my car before I went and knocked on Sam's apartment door and luckily he answered. 

"Hey! What are you doing here?" He questioned. 

"I know this is so last minute but I'm heading home for Christmas and I was wondering if you could watch my cat for while I'm gone? It will only be a few days. You just have to feed him." I said and he nodded. 

"Of course." 

"Here's an extra key to my apartment." I said smiling to him. "Thank you so much. The food is on top of the fridge, you'll be able to reach it." I smiled. 

"Alright, no problem." 

"Thank you. Merry Christmas!" I called over my shoulder waving before I left the building. Lying to Sam was the only thing I could do because I knew if I told him that I was going to Christmas at Luke's he would freak out. I pulled up to Luke's house not longer after and he was already out the door helping me with my bag and sticking it in his car. "Where's Loki?" I asked. 

"She's in the kennel." He answered giving me a frown. "I miss her already." He said and I laughed as I headed to the couch and he joined me after, laying on top of me. "Shall we go to bed?" He questioned. 

"Sure." I answered and he pulled me up to follow behind him. He laid down and I laid next to him, him wrapping an arm around my torso. 

"Are you excited?" 

"Of course. I love Christmas time." I said. "But, I didn't buy any presents for anyone." 

"No that's fine. The adults don't do gifts. It's mostly for my younger cousins." He said and I nodded my head. "They're so cute. They'll be all over you. They love when new people come to Christmas." I laughed a little before turning over to face him. 

"My mom called me today." 

"Oh." 

"Yeah, she wanted to know if I was coming for Christmas." I said looking down at my body. 

"Hey, it's okay. They weren't good for you and you did the right thing by leaving the negative people behind. You don't need people who don't need you." He said and I nodded because I knew he was right but the guilt I was feeling wouldn't go away no matter what he said to me. 

"Why do I feel so guilty about not going?" I said running my finger's through his hair. 

"I don't know. Did you lie her?" 

"Yeah, I told her I had work." 

"That's why you feel guilty." His finger's ghosted over my back trying to sooth me as his eyes closed and I watched him. "Try to sleep." He whispered, peaking at me before he smirked and I giggled. 

"Okay but can you keep rubbing my back?" 

"Of course." He answered. I wasn't sure when I fell asleep but I woke up alone the next morning and my pants were around my ankles. 

"Oh no." I said looking down. Nothing seemed wrong and nothing was torn off my body. "Luke?" I called out in a panicked voice and his bedroom door flung open. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Did we have sex last night?" He looked confused. 

"Uh, no? Why?" He questioned. 

"Why are my pants around my ankles?" I questioned looking at him. 

"Well, you move around a lot." He shrugged. "But I swear to god I never touched you." I nodded my head looking at him and he came over and wrapped his arms around me. "Nothing is wrong. No one hurt you." 

"Okay, okay." I answered getting up and grabbing my clothes that I brought to change into before heading to the bathroom brushing hair and teeth before exiting the bathroom. 

"Would you like some pancakes?" He questioned when I met him in the kitchen and wrapped my arms around him. 

"Sure." I smiled kissing him. "Good morning." 

"Good morning." He smiled back at me. "We're not in any rush to leave so we can take our time." He said and I nodded as I grabbed the apple juice and two cups. "Actually, I'll have coffee." He said. 

"There's coffee?" He nodded pointing to the pot and I quickly got two mugs before pouring the coffee in. "How do you take it?" I asked. 

"Cream and sugar." He said. "Creams in the fridge. Two spoonfuls of sugar please." I nodded as I made our coffee's the way we liked before I handed it to him. "Thanks." He smiled kissing me. I sat down at the table looking at my phone and reading emails before he placed a few pancakes on my plate. 

"Thanks." I said as he set the syrup in front of me along with the butter. 

"You're welcome." He said. We ate in silence, each of us on our phone. "Alright, did you want to shower?" He asked once he was done and placed his plate in the dishwasher. 

"Uh, I think I should." 

"Okay, you go first and I'll go after you." I nodded placing my plate in the dishwasher before heading to his bathroom, turning the shower on before stripping my clothes off and getting in. And all I could think was that he was in that apartment somewhere and I was naked. 

*LUKE P.O.V*

I was in my apartment with my naked girlfriend. The same thought kept running through my head as I waited for her to get out of the shower so I could shower. When she came out with her damp hair in a towel and told me I was all set I nearly moaned at the sight of her. 

She was the most beautiful girl in the world and I knew that I needed to hold off on doing anything with her but I couldn't stop the thoughts so when I got in the shower, I had to release myself. I would be sleeping in the same bed with her for four nights and I knew I wasn't going to do that in my parents house. 

"Fuck." I cursed as I reached my high before washing my body and getting out. I got dressed while she watched t.v in the living room and was probably on her phone. I walked out, hair damp to find her laying across the couch. "Hey." I said. 

"Hi." She smiled. 

"Are you ready to head out?" She nodded her head, shutting the t.v off. I left one light on before we left, me locking the door and her heading down the hall to the car. I couldn't believe that were making this four hour trip again. "Want a coffee or anything?" 

"Sure." She answered and I came across a Starbucks. "I'll have a caramel frappuccino." She answered. 

"What size?" 

"Venti, here." I took the money from her when she handed me five bucks. "I can't believe we found a drive thru!" She said excited making me laugh. 

"Yeah, me too." I answered before I ordered and pulled up to the window. We somehow made it to my parents house making only two stops to get food and use the bathroom. 

"Hi!" McKinley yelled as she went running in the house and I hadn't told anyone that I was bringing her so they were all surprised. 

"Hi! Oh my gosh!" Celeste said hugging her. "I didn't know you were coming!" 

"Luke dragged me along. I hope that's okay." She said hugging my mom as I brought our bags inside. 

"Of course it's okay! It's wonderful!" My mom said as she baked cookies for Friday. "How many nights are you staying?" 

"Four or five." I shrugged. It didn't matter how long we stayed neither one of us really minded. 

"Oh good, you can both help cook." 

"Oh god! No!" I said groaning as I pulled Kinley to my body by her hips and sat down on one of the chairs in the kitchen that was at the island. 

"Yes, Lucas. You came home early so now you help." My mom said and I mumbled a few choice words. "Lucas!" She shouted clearly hearing me even though I didn't want her to. 

"Sorry." I mumbled looking at McKinley who was laughing. "Kinley it's not funny." I said digging my finger's into her side and she squealed before jumping off my lap. 

"That's not funny, Luke." She said glaring at me and I laughed. 

"Here, can you roll this dough into balls for me?" My mom asked and we both nodded. "Wash your hands first." We both went over to the sink to wash our hands and I tried to splash her but I knew my mom would kill me and I knew she was already stressed out and I wasn't trying to stress her out even more. 

"Kin, those are not balls." I said looking at her ovals. 

"Shut up." She said moving the dough between her hands. "Yours are too big." She said looking at my tray. 

"At least mine are circles." I said and she shoved me a little. 

"I honestly don't care, Lucas." She said. 

"It's Luke." I glared. 

"No it's not." My mom said. "All of your friends just started calling you that so the rest of us did." McKinley laughed beside me and I blushed. 

"I hate all of you." I said standing up and making my way to the living room. 

"Luke, we were just joking around." McKinley said coming into the room and sitting on my lap. 

"I know. I was sick of rolling cookie dough into balls." I said looking at her and she laughed. 

When Christmas came, we waited patiently for our guests to arrive. But since there were so many people who needed to get ready at the same time, Kinley was last to get ready and she still wasn't finished when our first guest arrived. 

"Hello, Luke. It's wonderful to see you. Still single I see." I rolled my eyes at my aunt. 

"Still divorced I see." She looked shocked at my words and I mentally smiled at myself. "And I'll have you know I am not single. My girlfriend is upstairs getting ready." I said looking at the stairs where she was coming down. "Speak of the devil." I smiled holding her hand as she stepped off the last few steps. She was wearing a red dress with a pair of black heels. "You look beautiful." I said kissing her cheek. "McKinley, this is my aunt, Jessica." I said smiling. 

"Nice to meet you." Kinley smiled over at her. 

"You too." My aunt walked off and Kin looked at me. 

"Well, okay." 

"I'm sorry. I made fun of her divorce and now she's jealous that I'm not single." She laughed a little before we went into the kitchen. 

"You look cute." My mom said looking at McKinley.

"Thank you." She smiled blushing a little as she sat down at the island and she wrapped an arm around my waist as my mom poured her a glass of wine. "For trying to get ready in fifteen minutes I think I did good." She said smirking and I agreed grabbing a beer from the fridge. 

"Are you old enough to drink that?" One of my uncles asked coming into the kitchen with his kids in tow. 

"Yes!" I defended. 

"I know relax." He said putting the case of beer he was carrying in the fridge. "Who is this pretty lady?" 

"This is my girlfriend, McKinley." 

"Like the mountain." I froze. I didn't know that other people knew about the mountain. I mean it made sense that other people did but I never thought someone would bring up the fact that she's named after a mountain. 

"Yeah! My grandparents always wanted to climb it but they never got the chance." She said. "Instead my parents thought I was a mountain and named me after it." 

"Well I think it's amazing." My uncle said. "It's a wonderful name." She smiled at the compliment. I introduced her to all of the family who walked in the house and just like I warned her, my younger cousins were all over her. 

The little kids opened presents before dinner and somehow me and McKinley ended up at the kids table, the adults claiming that we were the youngest out of everyone. 

"I'm gonna need more wine if we sit there." Kinley said going into the kitchen to grab a bottle and she also came back with a beer. 

"You're the best." I said kissing her and the little kids made throw up noises and I shooshed them telling them one day they would do the same thing and the all looked at me with disgusted looks on their face. By the time dinner was over we had mostly gone through the bottle of wine together and we were more drunk than we were sober. 

"Oh god, we're gonna regret this tomorrow." She said as we sat on the couch and I nodded beside her. Once everyone left, we headed up to my room. Both of us laughing as the other tripped over something. I wasn't sure how we made it but we did. "I won't even be able to change." She giggled as she slipped her dress off right in front of me. 

"Whoa." I said looking at her. 

"I'm gonna sleep in this." She said getting into the bed. The bed that I slept in as a kid and a teenager before I moved out. I quickly tore my clothes off before getting into the bed next to her. I knew we were both going to be hungover tomorrow but having her nearly naked next to me took my mind off of it. 

"Good night." She whispered, one hand in my hair and the other in my hand. 

"Good night." I whispered back rubbing her back. Please don't get a boner. 

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

23.5K 488 31
Meet Riley Harper. She is the girl you hear whispers in the hall about her alcoholic mother, and father who is barely around. She is the girl who hat...
1.7K 57 27
College. The four years that everything basically changes. Where there's parties, drinking, hookups, and anything else, you name it. A lot of people...
43.1K 395 84
This is a preferences book of 5SOS (most from Tumblr) and please request something !!!!! Love you X If you want to talk or ask something feel fr...
2.7K 74 23
Dylan Ryan has struggled with her mental health for years, her parents too caught up with her older brothers future career and her other brothers the...