Dangerous Boy

By Dreamer9202

COMPLETED BOOK A ruthlessly dangerous, yet somehow captivating male was not someone Grace had ever imagined c... More

I'm Sorry (Introduction)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Please Read

Chapter Twenty-One

29.2K 853 160
By Dreamer9202

"You don't have to this Grace" Xavier warns softly. "I can take you home right now, he doesn't deserve your time."

My eyes look past Xavier's burning gaze and through the glass wall which reveals the dark room Dads sitting in. He's tied to a chair and he's sitting heavily in it, head dropped down like a wounded puppy.

It was a half hour drive to get to this isolated building surrounded by Xavier's security who are all carrying massive guns and patrolling 24/7.

It's too late to back out now, but I really should've thought this through. What am I going to say to him?

In the room with us is Cameron, Tom and another two other men I don't recognize, only adding to my already nervous state.

"I want to go in alone" Xavier's hand around my arm tightens as I say this. "Please, I need to do this by myself."

"I'll be right here" He looks at me seriously as he types some kind of code into the door so it opens. "Come straight out whenever you need to."

I nod, swallowing heavily as I step into the cold room, goosebumps cover my skin as I stare at him, his body's limp and I can make out the numerous bruises and cuts on his body.

"I wondered when you'd arrive" His voice is scratchy from thirst and I can hear the pain in his voice as he tries to sit up. "What the hell do you want?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. "Where's Mum?"

"She took half my money and ran" He spits blood not far from my feet. "Not that I should be very surprised by that."

"You care abou her, she's your wife, she's my Mum - you love her."

"Why would I care about a crazy women whose been cheating on me for the last 15 years and a boy whose got less brains than a monkey?"

"She would never cheat on you" I scowl. "Don't talk about Mum like that, she's a good person."

"Xavier obviously hasn't told you then."

I tilt my head as I stare at him. "Told me what?"

"You're adopted. It wasn't my idea honestly, I couldn't think of anything worse than a girl that isn't even mine. It was all her you see, our first daughter was stillborn and she decided a poor baby girl from Hungary with no parents would be perfect. She started cheating on me a few years later, that's where the gang came in. I made lots of money and didn't have to spend time with either of you. It was perfect."

"I'm Hungarian?" I feel like I can't breathe. "I'm adopted? Why didn't you tell me? Where are my real parents?"

"I was going to tell you believe me, but then you met Xavier and bought him straight to me, it was perfect. I just had to wait for the right time. Your real parents didn't want you, all that matters is that they didn't want you. Nobody wants you."

I stand frozen, arms folded across my chest as I try to take in what I've just heard.

I'm adopted.

It feels like the walls of the building are closing in on me, getting smaller and smaller every second.

He smirks as he tilts his head "How does it feel knowing nobody wants you? I don't want you, your 'mother' only wanted you to get over her dead daughter and your real parents gave you up. Nobody cares about you, nobody loves you." He gasps when his seat is kicked backwards and he falls to the floor, I barely noticed Xavier walk in the room and I flinch when his foot rest heavily on his throat.

"Shut the fuck up asshole" Xavier growls, his voice so venomous I flinch backwards. "Tom take Grace to the car."

My eyes widen, fresh tears ready to spill as Tom gently pulls me out of the room. I'm to shocked to do anything but follow him like a lost puppy.

He leads me out of the maze of corridors, I'm too dazed to focus on the large security walking all around us as they lead us to a expensive SUV. Tom opens one of the back doors for me, there's a driver in the front seat.

"Xavier will be here soon" Tom whispers as he helps me climb into the massive vehicle. "I'm sorry about what's happened."

"It's okay" my voice is much shakier than I want it to be and I give him a weak smile. "Thank you."

The large driver in the front seat gives me a small smile and nod before putting the privacy window which is tinted up, I'm grateful for that because I can finally let the tears I've been holding in fall as I pull my knees to my chest, hugging them tightly. First Sam, then Xavier being hurt and now this. I don't recognise the world I'm living in anymore. Everything around me that I thought I knew is changing. Everything I thought I knew was a lie.

It's only a couple of minutes later when Xavier pulls the door open, frowning when he sees my tears.

His large knuckle taps the window and the driver starts the car, my hands clench the bottom of his shirt tightly and his arms wrap around me, holding me closely to his warm chest.

"I'm sorry" He whispers, fingers softly stroking my hair as my tears wet his shoulder. "I won't let them hurt you again."

"I'm adopted" I sniff weakly in his protective arms. "He's right, nobody wants me. Not even my real parents wanted me."

"No" Xavier reassures me "He's completely wrong. You have Arnica, Mason, Noah, Tom, Cameron and me. We're your family, we all love you." His hold around me tightens as his lips brush against my ear. "I want you, I'll always want you, every part of you. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently. Especially not that piece of shit."

My body trembles as my head falls against Xavier's shoulder, I feel completely physically and mentally drained and I fall asleep on him without releasing.

*

Something soft dances along my arm slowly, making my heavy eyes slowly adjust to the light as I wake up.

"It's just me" I recognize the husky voice straight away and lean into his touch. He's lying on his side beside me on the bed, his fingers gently brushing over my skin.

"How long have I been asleep?" My voice crackles, thick from just waking up.

"A few hours" Xavier answers. I notice he's changed out of his clothes and into sweatpants but he's shirtless. I avert my gaze from his toned abs and to his calculating eyes that are studying me closely with worry.

"Everything is such a mess" I whisper. "I don't even know where to start."

"Don't start anything for now, just try and relax" Xavier reassures me. "You've done enough worrying for one day."

His lips are mere inches from mine, dancing teasingly above me as his hot breath fans my skin. Creating a strange feeling at the pit of my stomach.

"It's hard to relax right now" I mutter. Mostly distracted by how attractive he looks hovering above me right now.

"I can imagine" he whispers, looking even more sexy than ever. Somehow lying here with him, I feel so distracted from the outside world.

Like I'm in my own little bubble.

"I miss Sam" I whisper, my voice weak and tried.

"So do I" he tenses. A different emotion flashing through his eyes.

"You should have a shower" he says suddenly. I know he's trying to change the subject so he doesn't have to talk about how he's feeling. "It'll make you feel better."

I nod in agreement. A shower does sound great right now. Especially for my aching muscles.

The bathroom is already filling up with steam from the hot shower a few minutes later.

"I'm going to make dinner." His lips touch my forehead. A small smile makes its way to his lips before he turns away and walks out, still only in sweatpants.

That boy will be the death of me if he keeps walking around shirtless like that.

He's right, I do feel better once I have shower. It washes away the day as much as it can and helps my tense body to relax.

He left one of shirts for me that I pull that over my head, like always it smells like him and ends just below mid thigh. I smile shyly at him when I walk out. He's lying on his stomach typing something on his phone with two plates in front of him, he puts the phone down when he sees me and pats the spot next to him.

"What is that?" I eye up the massive sandwich in front of me as I lay down beside him. There's no way I can eat all of that.

"It's my own creation, it's called a manwich. A manly sandwich specifically designed with muscle strengthening formulas and all the vitamins and minerals for..."

"Alright, alright" I cut him off. "You're an idiot, thank you for the sandwich."

He smiles boyishly at me, lips pressing against the side of my head as he pulls one of the loose blankets over our legs. "It's a manwich, but you're welcome."

I blush shyly as I smile at him. Somehow he managed to make me totally forget about the rotten day I've had and everything I've found out.

I don't even know where to begin to try and process all of this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 225K 62
"If you turn your back to me again, you better be bending over, sweetheart." *** Everyone warns you about boys who go looking for troubles, who have...
Innocent By Izar

General Fiction

230K 4.4K 27
Capri never thought twice when she had to use her charm in her favor. She was sweet but manipulative. Innocent but bad. Calm but a storm. Her life ha...
10.4M 256K 50
In which Mason James finds himself falling for the innocent and naive girl named Lily Rose. When Lily's parents decide to put her in public school...
35.1K 1.2K 51
What happens when a simple girl meets a notorious gang leader, will she be able to resist his charms? Read on to find out about the emotional rollerc...